Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Umbra vs Wolf

z3us32610

So I decided to run Umbra all last night with his chromatic-blade-augmented exalted blade as radiation damage. Low and behold Wolf spawns during a kuva siphon. FYI - Exalted blade simply decimated him. He went down in just a couple minutes. So Excal's ultimate DEF works on Wolf. Now this wasn't the level 148 Wolf I encountered 2 days ago, but he still is a time-consuming bullet sponge nonetheless. So I was pretty stoked to see how well Exalted Blade handled him.

Well in another forum post, someone mentions that the Wolf's alt helmet is sentient made or is referenced as sentient (or something of the sort). Someone suggested he is a sentient augmented grineer, which would make him succeptible to Umbra specifically, and any other weapons that does bonus damage vs sentients. Perhaps any frame with Umbra mods will fare a bit better against him as well, with the Tau resistance factor?

I don't know, but it's worth thinking and speculating about....

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Poisonjack said:

While on the topic of Exalted Weapons, is he immune to Mesa's Regulators? Didn't have the chance to try it yet.

From what my wife told me, The regulators don't target the trio at all, so I doubt they work on wolf either which in my opinion, is just plain wrong and should be fixed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)thecoolman575 said:

I tried using peacemaker on him multiple times and it didn’t work

4 hours ago, OneYenShort said:

From what my wife told me, The regulators don't target the trio at all, so I doubt they work on wolf either which in my opinion, is just plain wrong and should be fixed.

Well, that sucks. Perhaps it'd be easier to wear him down with constant corrosive procs from the Regulators.

@(NSW)jonasty
My Wukong has the augment Primal Rage inside so that each consecutive melee kill grants +10% critical chance to your iron staff. So at +100% your 25% Iron Staff already has 50% critical chance before applying mods like True Steel. I also run Arcane Fury to boost my melee damage by +120% whenever i deal a critical hit and Arcane Strike to boost my Attack Speed as I refused to spend another speed mod in my Iron Staff build.

As for the Iron Staff:

wukongbuild5hk7x.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

@(NSW)jonasty
My Wukong has the augment Primal Rage inside so that each consecutive melee kill grants +10% critical chance to your iron staff. So at +100% your 25% Iron Staff already has 50% critical chance before applying mods like True Steel. I also run Arcane Fury to boost my melee damage by +120% whenever i deal a critical hit and Arcane Strike to boost my Attack Speed as I refused to spend another speed mod in my Iron Staff build.

As for the Iron Staff:

wukongbuild5hk7x.jpg

Thx for the reply, I have a lot of work to do, and hoping baro brings those primed mods in the future