Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk About a Fix for Host Migration

(PSN)HallDaOnly

Host migration is not really a bad thing on it's own. It's a minor inconvenience at worst. It's only a problem when it fails and causes you to lose all progress. Well, maybe not all progress. Whatever affinity you gain persists, but the bonus affinity? You can say goodbye to that.

Syndicate standing? Gone!

(This is the most important part) Loot?! GONE!!

All time spent wasted at no fault of the player. This happens too often in a game celebrating its 6th anniversary. Don't believe me? Try host migration in an endless fissure. Tell me how that works out for you.

I personally see an easy fix. You know how your account is updated the moment you unearth a gem or catch a fish on the Plains/Vallis? Why doesn't the same happen when the host leaves? The moment the migration screen pops up your account is updated. That way, if/ when host migration fails, the time you spent isn't wasted.

4 hours ago, (PS4)HallDaOnly said:

Why doesn't the same happen when the host leaves?

This is like saying a person should jump out of the way of a car coming towards them after the car has hit them.

Host migrations happen when the current host of a squad cannot communicate with DE. More traffic hammering DE's servers will not fix problems.

49 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This is like saying a person should jump out of the way of a car coming towards them after the car has hit them.

Host migrations happen when the current host of a squad cannot communicate with DE. More traffic hammering DE's servers will not fix problems.

Host migration isn't the problem. Host migration failing is the problem. I'm suggesting updating the players' accounts when the host disconnects just in case migration fails, not all the time like the Plains/Vallis. So it's like saying to get out of the street if you hear vehicles just in case a car comes through.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)HallDaOnly said:

Host migration isn't the problem. Host migration failing is the problem. I'm suggesting updating the players' accounts when the host disconnects just in case migration fails, not all the time like the Plains/Vallis. So it's like saying to get out of the street if you hear vehicles just in case a car comes through.

Explain when the game and the servers should be doing this. The host can just drop completely, no warning. How do you go back in time and get the players' data from before the Host ate it?

16 hours ago, You_See_Ivan.... said:

What if when the host wanted to leave, there was a 30- second time where accounts would be updated, a new host would be selected, then at the end, the first host would leave. Seamless and no failure. 

I honestly have no idea how any of this works, but if this would be possible, DE would have been implemented it years ago. Probably not that simple.

On 2019-03-31 at 7:00 PM, You_See_Ivan.... said:

What if when the host wanted to leave, there was a 30- second time where accounts would be updated, a new host would be selected, then at the end, the first host would leave. Seamless and no failure. 

On 2019-03-31 at 5:53 PM, peterc3 said:

The host can just drop completely, no warning. How do you go back in time and get the players' data from before the Host ate it?