Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Rank 30 Obtained - Info & Video

VirtualJunky

Just got rank 30 in Nightwave 30 minutes before reset! Video below shows Nora's speech (wish there was more to it, but what can ya do, shes vague) also the full armor set you get.

I thought it was going to completely restart from 1 and count up again, seems it's just going to add on the end of it for each new rank. Also noticed it's only 15 Wolf Creds compared to the 50 of previous ranks. Going to do this weeks challenges before I decide how I feel about that, first impressions are...kinda meh? That's only 45-60 a week, 45 from pure challenges, 60 if you get enough fugitives.

Loveee the armor set though, it colors nice, the thin metal trim parts are shiny so you can match a gold for a prime frame. The armor was what I was most excited for in everything listed and personally I think it looks even better then the picture. Always got to be worried how chest armor fits on a frame, especially Nidus but I think it looks great.

Questions? Ask away. Also if you want to see the armor set on a certain frame shoot away, I got them all so would be happy to snap a pic for anyone.

• Like 1

I guess you farmed much fugitives to get this high? With only 1 Mission missing since start (as far as I remember) some fugitives which spawned during missions (which got lower this week somehow for me) I am only short to 23 or which rank the useless captura is.

42 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

To be honest, the 50 we've been getting felt too low as it was, I don't disagree with cutting the number down if prestiege gives us a constant supply of creds, but 15 is too low of a cut.

It's hard for me to judge how much 50 is to be completely honest because I already have 95% of the stuff from the old alert system. I had to buy 15 Nitain for stuff that came out post Nightwave and I also bought a potato. To me 50 sounded good, but I don't really know how it works functionally since I don't need it. Though first impressions of the cut as I said and you agree it seems low. I was just going to spend them all on potatoes before it went away, maybe a bit of Nitain for future items.

32 minutes ago, Tengarnos said:

I guess you farmed much fugitives to get this high? With only 1 Mission missing since start (as far as I remember) some fugitives which spawned during missions (which got lower this week somehow for me) I am only short to 23 or which rank the useless captura is.

28 minutes ago, MortalDesu said:

This is actually posible? I'm 20 rank without 2 missions... So, what is your strategy to farm this points?

I did indeed farm Fugitives, a lot of them. About 150 hours worth of sitting around waiting for them to spawn. Sadly most missions don't last 20 minutes (roughly how long it takes them to spawn) and I typically favor Capture and Exterminate missions since endless not having scaling rewards doesn't appeal to me. This means most of my gameplay, IE how I actually want to play the game, doesn't allow me to maximize rep gain so I sat around in Fortuna farming it.

Originally I wanted to get the rewards as fast as possible but also wanted to get to the pure Wolf Creds so I could stock up on potatoes. I have nothing to do until Plague event comes around so I can get the 2 Zaws and reach Mastery 27 so this was a win-win way to pass the time for me personally.

23 minutes ago, Midas said:

@MortalDesuPeople used to sit on Fortuna for hours farming nightwave people (Which is really kind of boring imo idk why anyone would do that) many are at 30 right now.

As far as I am aware no one else is 30. CrazyDarkSonic here on the forums and I were neck and neck but he fell off after the double rep in Fortuna stopped. I haven't seen anyone else high 20s other then him and myself.

Edit: Oop I was wrong, just saw someone did actually get 30 before me according to a Wiki edit. No name though so not sure who it is.

Edited by VirtualJunky

1 hour ago, CrazyDarkSonic said:

-snip-

Love that excal! I was playing around with the same thing with my Nidus and really need to buy the Tenno color pallets if I want to make the wolf colors. Are you using a brown from Tenno II? There was one in there that looked spot on but sometimes its different shades for different frames.

I am super jealous that some people are now rolling into rank 30 and beyond. I Want that wolf armor and forma so badly. I know I will get in in the first 30 minutes of next weeks reset because with this week and the dailies i will have the syndana on next sunday if i dont get lucky with the the amount of fugitive spawns. I will easily get the forma in that short time at a chill pace but part of me is telling me to drill fortuna into my brain for 12 hours to get that 10k rep >.<

Before you get past 30, the amount of equivalent wolf credits per rank is 8 and 1/3 creds.

15 creds per rank is much greater.

However i do think that the quantity overall is too low. You should get at least 5 to 10 creds each rank, not just on the x50s.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

6 minutes ago, VirtualJunky said:

Love that excal! I was playing around with the same thing with my Nidus and really need to buy the Tenno color pallets if I want to make the wolf colors. Are you using a brown from Tenno II? There was one in there that looked spot on but sometimes its different shades for different frames.

I brought the Twilight color pack just for this Loadout, the colors are:

(Warframe)
Primary: second line, third column brown
Secondary: second line, fifth column brown(or any other color for the scarf)
Tertiary: fourth line, first column
then a grey and orange/yellow.

But now that you mentioned, Tenno II, the 2 colors(2º column, 4º and 5º Lines) are exactly the same colors of the armor.

It had already been confirmed that post 30 was only 15 cred per rank.

Considering that DE has been trying to combat resource stockpiling since they added Argon it doesn't seem like too few cred. Especially since the players who'll reach these ranks early enough to benefit from them are more likely to be old enough to not actually need anything/as much from the shop.

If it was too high then it allows any player who can do this to never need to concern over Nitain, Catalysts, or Reactors ever again. All of which would also somewhat defeat the point of cred expiring at the end of the season.

6 hours ago, VirtualJunky said:

Also noticed it's only 15 Wolf Creds compared to the 50 of previous ranks. Going to do this weeks challenges before I decide how I feel about that, first impressions are...kinda meh?

Yeh it feels so meh...I also feel like DE needs to reduce the nightwave cred cost on orokin catalysts and reactors period...

IDK know the what their reason is. I know they want to make $$$ but they could also easily make $$$ by putting argon and nitain in the market...

• Fixed ability to repeatable collect Convict Standing by Host migrating and re-joining the previous squad, of which we have found a handful of obvious exploiters and will be acting accordingly.

If we see OP disappear in the next days/weeks, we'll know why. 😄 

11 hours ago, Ramflax said:

I am super jealous that some people are now rolling into rank 30 and beyond. I Want that wolf armor and forma so badly. I know I will get in in the first 30 minutes of next weeks reset because with this week and the dailies i will have the syndana on next sunday if i dont get lucky with the the amount of fugitive spawns. I will easily get the forma in that short time at a chill pace but part of me is telling me to drill fortuna into my brain for 12 hours to get that 10k rep >.<

That was the same spot a few of us were as well, got that "to farm or not to farm" haha. I chose to farm and get it before reset and just barely made the cut but you got plenty of time to do a few hours here and there to get it before reset or just wait. Early congrats though! 😄

11 hours ago, CrazyDarkSonic said:

I brought the Twilight color pack just for this Loadout, the colors are:

(Warframe)
Primary: second line, third column brown
Secondary: second line, fifth column brown(or any other color for the scarf)
Tertiary: fourth line, first column
then a grey and orange/yellow.

But now that you mentioned, Tenno II, the 2 colors(2º column, 4º and 5º Lines) are exactly the same colors of the armor.

Yess that's what I thought too, I might pick those color packs just to have them, the only 3 I am missing I think is Twilight and Tenno I & II. There were some reallyyy close matches in Tenno I and Twilight (probably the ones you used) but the Tenno II looked spot on, almost like its the exact colors they used. I have a feeling Hildryn would look almost exactly like Wolf with all the armor and those colors, the body is so similar.

6 hours ago, Chewarette said:

If we see OP disappear in the next days/weeks, we'll know why. 😄 

You won't. DE can see I've been on invite only solo for the past 2+ weeks in Fortuna. Think the people that did that were already banned, saw some posts pop up the day after that hotfix where they claimed to be banned for "no reason"

5 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I keep seeing the Kubrow slot feature that was removed by DE for ethical reasons.

How Many real-life, real-time hours did you say you spent in Fortuna farming fugitives?

It's hard to say how much time I spent on it because technically it's afk 20 minutes then move around so they spawn and you kind of repeat that. I was actually just doing other things then whenever I got the chance I'd just collect them real fast then go back to what I was doing. I do know in total it's 150+ hours of farming, but actual gameplay is much much lower. Screenshot below kind of shows the inefficiency of how I was farming at times. The thing is even if you don't want to farm them, you can still go into Fortuna and afk when you go to eat or something and whenever you come back it's rep waiting, it adds up.

I'm not sure what you mean about the Kubrow slot though?

98c3a6b414743ce771119f939d8fdc29.jpg

1 hour ago, VirtualJunky said:

That was the same spot a few of us were as well, got that "to farm or not to farm" haha. I chose to farm and get it before reset and just barely made the cut but you got plenty of time to do a few hours here and there to get it before reset or just wait. Early congrats though! 😄

Yess that's what I thought too, I might pick those color packs just to have them, the only 3 I am missing I think is Twilight and Tenno I & II. There were some reallyyy close matches in Tenno I and Twilight (probably the ones you used) but the Tenno II looked spot on, almost like its the exact colors they used. I have a feeling Hildryn would look almost exactly like Wolf with all the armor and those colors, the body is so similar.

You won't. DE can see I've been on invite only solo for the past 2+ weeks in Fortuna. Think the people that did that were already banned, saw some posts pop up the day after that hotfix where they claimed to be banned for "no reason"

It's hard to say how much time I spent on it because technically it's afk 20 minutes then move around so they spawn and you kind of repeat that. I was actually just doing other things then whenever I got the chance I'd just collect them real fast then go back to what I was doing. I do know in total it's 150+ hours of farming, but actual gameplay is much much lower. Screenshot below kind of shows the inefficiency of how I was farming at times. The thing is even if you don't want to farm them, you can still go into Fortuna and afk when you go to eat or something and whenever you come back it's rep waiting, it adds up.

I'm not sure what you mean about the Kubrow slot though?

98c3a6b414743ce771119f939d8fdc29.jpg

It was a micro transaction where a new player spent plat over 200 times when you could re-roll Kubrow colors/skins.

Think Riven rolls but cosmetic and plat only.

DE removed it.

16 hours ago, CrazyDarkSonic said:

15creds by lvl from now on, is really disappointing, IF it's rly only 15, hope the values changes. 

That had better be a joke, because that makes NW even worse than I thought it was. If it was the standard 50, the rewards would 'only' be awfully badly balanced toward the end of the progression path. 15? The rewards are non-existent.

Edited by SordidDreams