Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8 PoE bounties, again!

Mudfam

We raised a stink about this the last time, and rightly so. Why is it 3 of everything, and yet bloody PoE bounties? They're even much longer that regular missions.

I feel like I'm repeatedly being forced to spend time in PoE, specifically because I don't want to. I don't avoid PoE because I don't have an incentive to go there, I avoid it because I hate it. It's boring, it's just a series of slow defence style missions with no level geometry. It sucks, I don't want to do it, stop forcing me to spend extended periods of time there wishing I was playing another game. It just makes me hate it even more.

My hatred of PoE aside, this is still takes about 10 times as long as the other "acts", at the very least make it 3 like other mission types.

• Like 4

Do it like me. Do tier 1 bounties. Also I did not check yet but can't we already select them while in PoE? Because that's a time saver which I appreciate. Just hope that next week is more catered towards your playstyle. 

Now, you find it boring, me too, but others may like it. And then there's the fact that you are not forced at all to do it. And on top of those 2 facts there's still the added fact that if DE takes everything people don't like from there you get:

1. An even more boring nightwave with just "Do one mission" objectives. And people will then complain that there's no variety and we'll be in this vicious cycle for eternity;
  2. People still complaining that "Do 1 mission" objectives is still way too much to ask for.
Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Kamranos:

This is an invalid argument in a system designed to force participation in mundane tasks.

Only if you are addicted.

A healthy person whould realise that, in fact, nobody is 'forcing' you, but yourself.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Don't like em?

Don't do them!

Nobody is forcing you.

You missed the point. The problem isn't that you want to do them or not, but the quantity. For 3k standing every other challanges are 3 missions, but of bounties we have 8 multistage missions. 3 wave of eso isn't so timeconsuming for 5k then 8 bounties. It's extremely imbalaced...

• Like 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb Nirrel:

You missed the point. The problem isn't that you want to do them or not

No, YOU missed the point.

Warframe is a videogame. If you are forcing yourself to do something in your freetime that you don't want to, then there is some underlying problem outside of the game.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Nirrel said:

You missed the point. The problem isn't that you want to do them or not, but the quantity. For 3k standing every other challanges are 3 missions, but of bounties we have 8 multistage missions. 3 wave of eso isn't so timeconsuming for 5k then 8 bounties. It's extremely imbalaced...

I agree. it's almost like they maybe meant Bounty Stages. But it got messed up in implementation. That would make more sense.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

I agree. it's almost like they maybe meant Bounty Stages. But it got messed up in implementation. That would make more sense.

I agree with this. For me it doesn't make much sense how you don't have to do 8 ESO waves, and even the 3 you must do you may only do 1 wave per ESO run, but somehow bounties require you to fully complete each of them. Still optional and doesn't prevent most people from getting the rewards, but it should be more consistent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Warframe is a videogame. If you are forcing yourself to do something in your freetime that you don't want to, then there is some underlying problem outside of the game.

Warframe is all about grind countless the nr of missions i did for the goodies even if didn't enjoy the runs

going by your ideology i would never be able to hit max rank on nightwave

3 bounties would be more reasonable

12 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

this is bollocks and you know it

de want you to play their game, if they didn't they wouldn't implement nightwave

and if nightwave instead of making people play it makes people complain and leave it means that system has failed

what games use right now is called "engagement" which can mean either "game is fun" or "i don't like these changes but i need those rewards because otherwise i might as well just uninstall a game i pretty much liked until today"

vor 6 Minuten schrieb HIGHDAMAGE:

going by your ideology i would never be able to hit max rank on nightwave

Oh, so you already did a complete Nightwave while only doing the mission that didn't bother you? Interesting, please tell, me, what Rank did you reach in the Nightwave Previous to the Wolf of Saturn Six?

But in all seriousnes, up to this point I only did those missions that didn't bother me, which means I only did those which I legitimatly enjoy or those I could mop up while doing other stuff and I got to Rank 20 yesterday.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Pro3Display:

and if nightwave instead of making people play it makes people complain and leave it means that system has failed

Only very few specific challenges make very few people complain. The system is far from a failure. Not only that, but usually the complaints are one of 2 issues. Either people complain about having to play something with friends or people complain about stuff being so grindy that something get's boring.

The first thing is ridiculus for obvious reasons, but it shows quite well the mentalaty of a small amount of very vocal people in this community.

As for the second issue, it's always funny, that if you pay attentions to the day of the week, these complains are written in 9/10 cases either on mondays or on tuesdays, when they are still fresh. And yeah, playing 8 bounties in one go can get pretty boring, but if you space them out, like 1 per day and 2 on saturday maybe, they are hardly something to be bothered by.

The issue isn't the amount that you have to do to get the part done, it's the mindset of instant gratification or the total lack of patience that some people are suffering from.

TL;DR

It's those peoples own fault for forcing themself to finish all the weekly tasts on the first day.

Those tasks are weeklys for a reason, but a few people completly fail to understand this reasoning.

3 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Oh, so you already did a complete Nightwave while only doing the mission that didn't bother you? Interesting, please tell, me, what Rank did you reach in the Nightwave Previous to the Wolf of Saturn Six?

But in all seriousnes, up to this point I only did those missions that didn't bother me, which means I only did those which I legitimatly enjoy or those I could mop up while doing other stuff and I got to Rank 20 yesterday.

nope im rank 25 at moment with 4 challenges left and nope im doing all coz there will be always challenges i don't like so the faster i get there the better

vor 12 Minuten schrieb HIGHDAMAGE:

nope im rank 25 at moment with 4 challenges left and nope im doing all coz there will be always challenges i don't like so the faster i get there the better

So, you have no idea where you will stand at the end of the Nightwave story, if you just don't touch those tasts you don't like....

vor 14 Minuten schrieb HIGHDAMAGE:

there will be always challenges i don't like so the faster i get there the better

And this is exacly the mindless behaviour I was talking about. Instead of showing some patcience and restraint you ruin the game for yourself like a junkie nervously trying to get his next fix done while shaking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobWasHere said:

Btw, nobody noticed that those tasks are exactly the same we had 2 weeks ago? Can be a bug.

Did they say it would always be different (honest question, I came in late to NW) - I just figured they have a rotation of "this week's tasks," and every couple weeks it'll come back up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walkampf said:

That is irrelevant fot this discussion whatsoever.  In any case there is no way that everybody will like everything. There isn't anything perfect in life or in videogames.. There are always things that you will have to do in order to get what you need or want no matter how much otherwise you like any given game. However as I said it's irrelevant. 8 bounties are like the 10 nightmare missions and they should reward you as such with 5k standing. For a 3k challange it should be 3 missions as every other 3k challange. That would be fair. If ppl still don't wanna do it, then they wont, it doesn't matter, but it would be at least fair.

Gerade eben schrieb Nirrel:

That is irrelevant fot this discussion whatsoever.

It's not relevant. People play games for fun, that's the very essence of games.

If you are not having fun and you still force yourself to do something you don't have to, you have issues.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Nirrel:

There are always things that you will have to do in order to get what you need

And that's another point, you don't need anything in a videogame, since it's supposed to be fun, not a necessity of life.

If you think "need" to fill a bar in a videogame, then you are an addict, plain and simple, just as a smoker "needs" his/her next cigarette.

Videogame addiction is a very real problem nowadays. And you and @HIGHDAMAGE should definitly dial back your consumption.

1 minute ago, Walkampf said:

It's not relevant. People play games for fun, that's the very essence of games.

If you are not having fun and you still force yourself to do something you don't have to, you have issues.

Still doesn't matter. I have nothing against bounties. Still 8 bounty for 3 k isn't fair. Above all because any other similar mission can be completed just playing the game and use some basic planning. Like 3 spy missions. You can do spy fissures or siphons or per chance a sortie mission could be a spy one. For bounties you have to go to Poe as you have no options to do them otherwise. So if you choose the mission for me at least make it a fair challange. 3 would be fair, 8 are overkill even if you like PoE.

Your post would make sense if OP would ask to get rid of PoE bounties just because he doesn't like them but that's not the case. OP asked to make them 3 as any other challage.

Which is a perfectly fair point.

Musing about why ppl should or not play videogames tru or not, isn't relevant to the discussion.

I'll stop here because at this point it just seems to me that you are just deliberately try to derail the discussion and I personally have nothing more to add.

You know the sad thing about POE..is DE could have taken influence from Monster Hunter World and just filled the Plains with ..well..monsters...

The Thumper Tank is the right direction..the Eidolon were the right direction..but bounties are just soul grinding filler...

I have more fun taking on that flying fortress gun ship that can murder you instantly if you're out in the open than anything a bounty can throw at you...There should be beasts like that roaming around the skies and the lands...It's massive open space..you put in Godzilla and let the players fight it or run from it..but just running to point A and then to Point B and then to Point C is such a waste of time and you can feel it...

I marvel at the thought of actually having a Grineer Roller Ball the size of a Eidolon..rolling around looking to crush you...so don't stop at the Thumper Tank..Keep going with the giant beasts and fill those lands as a alternative to the usual massive environmental mindless quest grinds...

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Nirrel:

Still 8 bounty for 3 k isn't fair.

Why isn't it fair? Because it takes more time than some other things?

So, according to your logic, a Tridolon hunt should award less Standing than the bounties, because a good group can finish it in less time than the bounties.

And if not, what do you mean by 'fair', how do you even quantify the points awarded by fastly different types of activities?

And not only that, who has ever said, that each task should award a 'fair' amount of points?

Take for example mods. Ranking them up doubles the required resources for each rank while the bonus of each rank is, in most cases, the same. Now, that's not fair, right? And yet nobody really complains about this...

25 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Why isn't it fair? Because it takes more time than some other things?

So, according to your logic, a Tridolon hunt should award less Standing than the bounties, because a good group can finish it in less time than the bounties.

That happens because the players gear up for it and know what they're doing. No amount of gearing up and knowledge can accelerate the horrible tedium that is bounties.

For reference, I hate both earth and venus plains, and I don't touch nightwave missions in any of them. Onslaught is also right out, as are derelict keys. There's actually quite a lot that I flat out refuse to do, and if I do ever get the umbra forma, it'll only be because of the randomly appearing fugitives (why exactly do we have to capture them? Can't we just kill them and be done with it?).

Edited by DoomFruit

Personally I dont might slogging through the stuff that is less entertaining to me and/or as action packed. But I can see how it would be frustrating especially for someone more time constrained.

Perhaps a solution could be to give us a "Veto" once a week where we can re-roll one missions requirements or copy another mission of the same value in that week.

Edit: Dropped an S

Edited by SteelOverseer666