Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(XB1)Th3BelovedSaint

Zero Gyromag Systems

(XB1)Th3BelovedSaint

I have run dozens of Profit Taker missions, 1-4, and I have zero gyromag systems. I have plenty of torroids that I could co bert to standing but I cant even get to rank 1 with Vox Solaris because gyromag will not drop. I may never get to run the Exploiter fight because I am trapped behind the grind wall. If they will not drop, I can never get to the level where we can use standing to buy the gyromag systems. This is terribly frustrating right now. It will become infuriating when there is a Nightwave Elite Weekly Act that requires an Exploiter takedown. Either make the systems purchasable at the tier they are required as a sacrifice for the next level, or even offer a systems pack in the market. They market solution is not ideal because that comes very close to entering "pay-to-win" territory, but the current path to purchasing the systems with standing only works if the RNG is working as it should. Make it a tradeable resource, even. This is awful. I farmed Ivara AND Octavia faster than this.

I'm on 30 runs so far of the first 2 heists... finally got 5 gyromags.

I swear I think they flip them to 1% or something even more horrible and sit there and watch how many times we will beat our head against the same fence until we utterly hate the game. I mean, is that the plan? Make us hate the game and the insane amount of repetition? Sure feels that way, doesn't feel like a game, feels like a boring chore of climbing a mountain that you can't actually see the top of.

I love the game, dont get me wrong. I am a programmer with 30+ years experience. I know how quirky random number generators can be. It seems to me that for each instantiation of the RNG function, they need to include, for lack of a better term, a "miss" counter for the drop table(s). A shall not exceed value. Once this value is hit, the seed value for the RNG could be regenerated. I am not trying to rail on the DE team, far from it. I just need them to know that this situation is real. I have literally spent days running nothing but the Profit Taker missions and never received rven one gyromag system. When Nightwave started, I stopped running the Profit Taker except when a Nightwave act calls for it. Has not bern a problem because Exploiter missions are not in our rotation yet on XB1. But it will be. Please, DE, if you read this, please give us some kind of out for this. I have not failed to clear all Nightwave acts thus far. I do not want this impassable grind wall to be the cause of my first failure to clear. I know I cannot be the only one this happens to.

On 2019-04-02 at 6:34 AM, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:

I love the game, dont get me wrong. I am a programmer with 30+ years experience. I know how quirky random number generators can be. It seems to me that for each instantiation of the RNG function, they need to include, for lack of a better term, a "miss" counter for the drop table(s). A shall not exceed value. Once this value is hit, the seed value for the RNG could be regenerated. I am not trying to rail on the DE team, far from it. I just need them to know that this situation is real. I have literally spent days running nothing but the Profit Taker missions and never received rven one gyromag system. When Nightwave started, I stopped running the Profit Taker except when a Nightwave act calls for it. Has not bern a problem because Exploiter missions are not in our rotation yet on XB1. But it will be. Please, DE, if you read this, please give us some kind of out for this. I have not failed to clear all Nightwave acts thus far. I do not want this impassable grind wall to be the cause of my first failure to clear. I know I cannot be the only one this happens to.

Or simply; A shufflebag system, where once you've already gotten every single other item as a possible drop, you get the last remaining drop, like all the other games have implemented because RNG stinks and lacks any real mechanical design to it. I've been mentioning it for years to DE, first mentioned in 2013... it falls on deaf ears / eyes, they appear to think that they need to redesign the wheel every single time, except they rely way too heavily on RNG. The syndicate systems were really the only thing they designed around it... similar to any other game's faction system, except, again, they still rely on RNG for things required for those syndicates.

It appears to me that they think the RNG forces players to stick around, what it actually does, is make them unhappy and they will just bail. Retention isn't a word I think around here.