Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Always-host" button when...?

SaidTheRogue

come forward and be delivered into lag free bliss, my 200mbps down and 35 up is more than sufficient.

that crazy ping/latency ya got there.. why do you struggle with it? there are times when all that grief is like a bag of bricks.. sometimes its best to just.. set it down, and struggle no more.

these are good, strong hands. they can carry your data, and yours, and yours.. and yours too =] now if only i could find squad mates who can aim, so that i didnt have to carry their asses also =/

• Like 1

1Gbs Down/ 200mbps Up master race reporting in, I can carry that OP guy and everyone of you with my strong arms for a comfortable travel of your data in a brute force hadron collider of 20-30ms responsiveness and no additional fee for my internet bill

hace 1 hora, SaidTheRogue dijo:

come forward and be delivered into lag free bliss, my 200mbps down and 35 up is more than sufficient.

that crazy ping/latency ya got there.. why do you struggle with it? there are times when all that grief is like a bag of bricks.. sometimes its best to just.. set it down, and struggle no more.

these are good, strong hands. they can carry your data, and yours, and yours.. and yours too =] now if only i could find squad mates who can aim, so that i didnt have to carry their asses also =/

... yeah , great idea ... and what does the system do when all the people click the "always host" button ?

"my 200mbps down and 35 up is more than sufficient"

bandwidth has absolute nothing to do with having lag .... the game use less than 1 or 2 mb at most ...

Edited by Yagamilight123

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Mr.SpookSpook:

This terrible idea again... Every week someone posts this without giving it 10 seconds of logical thought beforehand...

It's not about the idea. It's about people who want us to tell how fast their connection is.

It's like: "I've played 1000 hours and I say..." - "Hold my beer, I've played 2000 hours..." - "Noobs listen, I've played 3000 hours."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikakor said:

Explain. I would like to decide of I'm the host.

1.  Bandwidth isn't necessarily the issue, it's latency and processing power.  Someone could host on 1000m/b down and 200 up, but if they're playing on some 1.8ghz dual-core PoS with an on-board video card and live in Tibet, your connection to them will be garbage.

2.  The people with garbage internet will choose to host if their online experience is trash, and that will pretty much bring us back to square one where everyone else's public experience is hit or miss between the super-nets being host only and the trash-nets being host only.

DE's hosting algorithm needs some serious improvement, that much is clear (among many other systems) but a "host only" feature has a potential cascade effect that might result in it being another form of solo play.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

1.  Bandwidth isn't necessarily the issue, it's latency and processing power.  Someone could host on 1000m/b down and 200 up, but if they're playing on some 1.8ghz dual-core PoS with an on-board video card and live in Tibet, your connection to them will be garbage.

Again why the potato PCs have to go. I like this guy already, he gets it.

How to 'always host' - stick your ping limit to 100, you will either always host or catch people who have epic connections to get around the ping limit while joining but a 400~2000ping while playing :p

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

2.  The people with garbage internet will choose to host if their online experience is trash, and that will pretty much bring us back to square one where everyone else's public experience is hit or miss between the super-nets being host only and the trash-nets being host only.

Both of those are easily solved with the matchmaking options that allow you to limit which hosts you connect to based on your ping to them. If someone on a potato and/or far away and/or with a crappy internet decides to always host, they simply won't get any teammates connecting with them.

You can already (almost) always host by setting your ping limit to minimum and choosing a region on the other side of the globe. You won't find any hosts under that limit, so you'll be host, and then you'll get clients whose ping settings are more lenient. But of course that makes the experience way worse for those clients than if you could choose to host and get clients from the region where you're actually located.

Edited by SordidDreams

There's already an option to always host:

Spoiler

rHWPjWs.jpg

On a more serious note, up/downstream throughput matters less than a jitterless connection and steady fps. Warframe multiplayer doesn't really use that much bandwidth.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, _fayth said:

How to 'always host' - stick your ping limit to 100, you will either always host or catch people who have epic connections to get around the ping limit while joining but a 400~2000ping while playing 😛

it would be nice if it actually worked like that but I still get put into games in the 200+ range with my setting on 100 with regular ventures into the 500+ range. Have pretty average internet speeds but its rock solid stable. I do get lots within my ping setting but that setting is junk.

yeah some of you who arbitrarily decide actual speed takes a back seat to everything else seem to put the cart before the horse.

yes, network connectivity and such is often a culprit but there are simply too many times (because ive made it a point to always ASK ppl, in order to gather this data) that such and such host was slow due to 

1. crappy internet, simply not fast enough to be up to the job, or

2. crappy computer, or

both.

lets just not go off the deep end right away with all these dumb ASSUMPTIONS that all sorts of abstract yet generic negative things will happen if always-host gets added to the game. its funny how most of those who object, strangely, are the ppl that care about lunero and such. whatsa-matta, dont like the idea of someone else being able to level the playing field? 

cease your weary struggles and fall into the loving arms of a really, really fvcking fast computer and inet connection. youll be well taken care of. it wont go down like that all the time.. but those who are fast will elect to host, generally, and all benefit from this.

TLDR always-host detractors need to fk off and stop trying to hold others down. all the poorly-supported doomsdays already mentioned will sort themselves in short order, naturally.