Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we be able to use umbras scarf on excal prime?

sp4rtan148

Founders already have Excal Prime, that should be enough not to complain. But I dont see it happening, Umbra is Umbra and Excal P and Excal P, just like you cant shove a Void Key on Umbras face you cant wrap Excal P in Umbras Scarf.

They are meant to be 2 separate Frames and I dont see their cosmetics being compatible whit each other any time soon. (Plus dont think DE would take the bullet at annoying 50% of the community just to please the founders)

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Founders already have Excal Prime, that should be enough not to complain. But I dont see it happening, Umbra is Umbra and Excal P and Excal P, just like you cant shove a Void Key on Umbras face you cant wrap Excal P in Umbras Scarf.

They are meant to be 2 separate Frames and I dont see their cosmetics being compatible whit each other any time soon. (Plus dont think DE would take the bullet at annoying 50% of the community just to please the founders)

But how would another optional cosmetic annoy 50% of the community? It won't even affect 90% of them why would they care

3 minutes ago, sp4rtan148 said:

But how would another optional cosmetic annoy 50% of the community? It won't even affect 90% of them why would they care

Because the community is VERY split between the Excal Prime exclusivity and anything related to it, if Founder got to be able to use Umbras Scarf most likely people would complain that its unfair because they will never be able to have a Excal Prime whit a scarf and that founders would basically have another exclusive feature and so on.

Its better to keep it this way, 2 similar frames whit different exclusive cosmetics.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Because the community is VERY split between the Excal Prime exclusivity and anything related to it, if Founder got to be able to use Umbras Scarf most likely people would complain that its unfair because they will never be able to have a Excal Prime whit a scarf and that founders would basically have another exclusive feature and so on.

Its better to keep it this way, 2 similar frames whit different exclusive cosmetics.

Would it be unrealistic to ask for an updated excal prime model? him and frost are essentially golden versions of the vanilla frame

• Like 1

I guess I’ll be that guy and say that if you really want the devs to see this, General Discussion probably isn’t the best place.

If you’re just fishing for opinions, then I’ll toss in my change and say I doubt this will happen. There are plenty of players who want Umbra’s scarf/faux Prime arches to be toggleable since it gets in the way of fashion, but only Founders have the choice of playing with a strong Excalibur upgrade with no scarf/annoying gold bits/dumb transference passive.

That being said you never know and it would be nice for fashion purposes regardless.

EDIT: As for “updating Excalibur Prime’s model”, I’d be up for that if they also did the same for Frost and Mag. As well as older Prime weapons that don’t hold up visually like Orthos or Burston.

Edited by OmegaZero
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, sp4rtan148 said:

Would it be unrealistic to ask for an updated excal prime model? him and frost are essentially golden versions of the vanilla frame

Once again, you can ask anything, I just dont see it happening, the community wants DE to focus on things everyone can enjoy, re-skining Excal Prime is something that will only affect a small % of players, Frost ? Sure, he might be considered since its a well used frame by everyone, but Excal Prime ? Doubt DE will make it a mandatory project.

Excal Prime was one of DEs biggest mistakes imo, DE successfully managed to divide its community even before having one.

Any topic Excal Prime related will always come whit a side of salt because only founder care about the stats or looks of Excal Prime, because everyone who doesn't have it would care less about how it looks or works, people just want him, which makes Excal Prime just end up being flushed down a toilet of bad ideas by the community as a whole, its just how things are, DE made no one care as soon as they made it exclusive, and I find it justified on the community's behalf. (Specially wen 2 Vandal weapons who were "Alpha testers Exclusive" became public on ESO whiteout the feedback of the Alpha tester's).

So yea, sure, its not unrealistic to ask, but its unrealistic for it to happen.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Excal Prime was one of DEs biggest mistakes imo, DE successfully managed to divide its community even before having one.

Excal Prime wasn't a mistake. Frost Prime and the consequent farmable Primes were. They should've been made into their own thing, but DE instead made them into the same lineup with a paid exclusive, retroactively creating a glaring gap in the said lineup for any free/new players.

• Like 1

I could see DE giving Excalibur Prime a more dragon Knight shaped appearance. Like, longer bladed like edges on his arms, legs, and back. And give his torso shape close to that of Umbra and Stalker. Maybe make him a little more armored looking to give a sort of Knight vibe. 

But the whole scarf and accessories is Umbra exclusive and should stay that way. Just like how you can’t add a Prime skin to a regular warframe nor should you be able to add umbra’s UNIQUE skin to a Prime. And vice versa.

Umbra is not just some slightly upgraded variant. He is a very different warframe from both Excaliburs. His passive is different and his second ability is different. He is basically a second branch from the regular Excalibur. And those two branches should stay separate. Never cross. Similar to how you can’t put Rhino’s helmet on Excalibur’s body. 

And yeah I’ve seen some very selfish, egotistical, emotionally sensitive, attention seeking, entitled Founders demanding that Umbra be removed because they no longer feel special anymore. Talk about a lame and selfish excuse to rob new players of the joy and excitement of having a newer more powerful Excalibur. 

I hated not having a Prime for Excalibur. My set of warframes felt so... incomplete since Excalibur had an upgraded version that I couldn’t get. And I do like Excalibur. But then E. Umbra came out and now I no longer think about E. Prime unless somebody says something about him. 

When I explained that crossing the two would sort of take away their uniqueness, I was called jealous. Sorry to burst the Founder Prime Bubble but, jealousy doesn’t exist in me. And hate when people use that term to hide the fact that they are insecure and full of themselves. If anything those Founders are the jealous ones that the new players have an Excalibur that they can now enjoy without thinking about the Prime. 

Founders need to just accept reality and face Octavia’s music. 

• Like 2

Pretty sure DE have said NO to this already, same as they did with stopping you from having the prime head/skin on umbra too. 

As a player who isn't a founder here's my personal view.  You might be a founder but you already have the exclusive items you signed up for from 6ish years ago, DE did not agree to keep giving your more stuff as something 'new' comes out.  It's time to stop 'asking for more because you're a founder' because in realistic terms your money ran out a long time ago and the game is now supported by everyone who buys plat/prime access/tennogen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

Sure, if and when Excal Prime gets released to non-founders as part of the regular Prime Access rotation.

Bet if DE made a Prime Access for Excalibur for one week on all platforms, they would make millions. Founders may have started this game but many of them admitted that they stopped playing shortly after and it was the non-founders that kept this game alive. Many returning founders believe they are entitled to all the new things without having to put in work. 😂 

What all these players did was made the game start a little earlier. If they hadn’t done it, somebody else would’ve taken their place. Nobody told them to spend so much money on a video game. Does that mean Call of Duty World at War players should get every Black Ops game for free without buying? No. Should all COD players get free dlc because they bought the game first? No. So why should Foudners be treated better than everybody else? 

Wish Founders would stop talking/complaining about the past. 

3 minutes ago, ToaMimrik said:

Excal Prime wasn't a mistake. Frost Prime and the consequent farmable Primes were. They should've been made into their own thing, but DE instead made them into the same lineup with a paid exclusive, retroactively creating a glaring gap in the said lineup for any free/new players.

No, the mistake was giving something exclusive early into the game, the problem isn't the Primes who fallow but the fact that DE didn't think that MAYBE, the game would still be up after 6 years and that people would be annoyed to know of the existence of a frame that they never got the chance to have because they didn't know about the game then.

If DE treated every Prime like Excal then this game would have died off, since people want access to stuff, not pay for a a new frame every time DE releases it.

Excal Prime is and will always be the problem, because DE could have easily made the exact same pack whiteout the promise of exclusivity and it would still save the game back then, it was a huge mistake by DEs part imo, but they were desperate so I cant blame their bad decisions back then.

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Pretty sure DE have said NO to this already, same as they did with stopping you from having the prime head/skin on umbra too. 

As a player who isn't a founder here's my personal view.  You might be a founder but you already have the exclusive items you signed up for from 6ish years ago, DE did not agree to keep giving your more stuff as something 'new' comes out.  It's time to stop 'asking for more because you're a founder' because in realistic terms your money ran out a long time ago and the game is now supported by everyone who buys plat/prime access/tennogen.

This.

I think its time for DE to step up a bit wen it comes to their relationship whit founders.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

I could see DE giving Excalibur Prime a more dragon Knight shaped appearance. Like, longer bladed like edges on his arms, legs, and back. And give his torso shape close to that of Umbra and Stalker. Maybe make him a little more armored looking to give a sort of Knight vibe. 

But the whole scarf and accessories is Umbra exclusive and should stay that way. Just like how you can’t add a Prime skin to a regular warframe nor should you be able to add umbra’s UNIQUE skin to a Prime. And vice versa.

Umbra is not just some slightly upgraded variant. He is a very different warframe from both Excaliburs. His passive is different and his second ability is different. He is basically a second branch from the regular Excalibur. And those two branches should stay separate. Never cross. Similar to how you can’t put Rhino’s helmet on Excalibur’s body. 

And yeah I’ve seen some very selfish, egotistical, emotionally sensitive, attention seeking, entitled Founders demanding that Umbra be removed because they no longer feel special anymore. Talk about a lame and selfish excuse to rob new players of the joy and excitement of having a newer more powerful Excalibur. 

I hated not having a Prime for Excalibur. My set of warframes felt so... incomplete since Excalibur had an upgraded version that I couldn’t get. And I do like Excalibur. But then E. Umbra came out and now I no longer think about E. Prime unless somebody says something about him. 

When I explained that crossing the two would sort of take away their uniqueness, I was called jealous. Sorry to burst the Founder Prime Bubble but, jealousy doesn’t exist in me. And hate when people use that term to hide the fact that they are insecure and full of themselves. If anything those Founders are the jealous ones that the new players have an Excalibur that they can now enjoy without thinking about the Prime. 

Founders need to just accept reality and face Octavia’s music. 

Exactly, some founders have already shown that they would not care if Excal Prime was reintroduced in exchange for him getting some better stats compared to Umbra, and I dont see wrong in this.

Excal Prime has been forgotten whit the introduction of Umbra, DE literally killed their Poster Boy by making the mistake of making it exclusive in the first place, not only that, they managed to create a small % of self entitled founders who think their status stands above other because they "saved the game" wen it reality the game would have still died off if people didn't kept wasting their money on WF.

DE should just stand up and make a pull to all founders (The ones STILL playing the game) and see what their opinion on the meter is, because lets be honest, DE would probably lose a few founders, but sure as hell would get a more money then ever before if they chose to reintroduce Excal Prime as a 2nd opportunity prime access. (Specially since PS4, XBOX and SWITCH did not have the ability to have this pack so people would be all over it)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many Founders have left this game, and many more will, its hard to keep a player who has seen the development of the game for 6 years in the game, many things changed, many Founders dont think this is what they spent their money on, many simply wanted to support DE and didn't do it for the exclusivity or the rank (some see it as just a bonus), and many did it only for the items.

Founders are something the game, honestly, doesn't rely on anymore, a ticking time bomb that is bound to blow one day or the other, its a system that FAILED, big time, and I am 100% sure DE knows that.

The Solutions to all this controversy and the "Umbra VS Prime" deal would be for DE to wake up and ask the current Founders who play the game what they think should be done, if Excal Prime should stay 6 years into the past, forgotten and used by no one, or if the Founders dont care, should it come to the public once more.

I am sure most of the Founders who still play the game would not care at all.

Sorry for the wall of text XD

3 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

If DE treated every Prime like Excal then this game would have died off, since people want access to stuff, not pay for a a new frame every time DE releases it. 

I didn't mean to say that the later Primes should've been paid-only like Excal. What I meant to say is that the later Primes should've been called differently, and the label "Prime" reserved for just the three Founder exclusives.

2 minutes ago, ToaMimrik said:

I didn't mean to say that the later Primes should've been paid-only like Excal. What I meant to say is that the later Primes should've been called differently, and the label "Prime" reserved for just the three Founder exclusives.

Sure, thats an option, but the problem would still be there, there would still be a frame locked behind a 6 year old prison made of promises to people who probably almost half dont play the game anymore.

Exclusive Items are a mistake in games like WF, it was an idea out of desperation, it worked, sure, but it also killed Excal Prime along the way.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Many Founders have left this game, and many more will, its hard to keep a player who has seen the development of the game for 6 years in the game, many things changed, many Founders dont think this is what they spent their money on, many simply wanted to support DE and didn't do it for the exclusivity or the rank (some see it as just a bonus), and many did it only for the items.

Honestly, based on some recent posts, about something incredibly basic in game terms, by a player with the 'founder' icon on their image I'd go so far as to say some have actually sold their accounts to 'new players' as well, so who's to say that the person 'asking for something' is even the person entitled to it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Honestly, based on some recent posts, about something incredibly basic in game terms, by a player with the 'founder' icon on their image I'd go so far as to say some have actually sold their accounts to 'new players' as well, so who's to say that the person 'asking for something' is even the person entitled to it.

DE needs to open its eyes, people are tired of a 6 year old baseless promise, Founders are leaving this game left and right, hell, I would not be surprised if some sold their accounts like you said.

What is DE waiting for ? For every Founder to leave the game ? This is something they could easily make a poll on and let people chose, but DE will be DE.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

No, the mistake was giving something exclusive early into the game, the problem isn't the Primes who fallow but the fact that DE didn't think that MAYBE, the game would still be up after 6 years and that people would be annoyed to know of the existence of a frame that they never got the chance to have because they didn't know about the game then.

Excal Prime is and will always be the problem, because DE could have easily made the exact same pack whiteout the promise of exclusivity and it would still save the game back then, it was a huge mistake by DEs part imo, but they were desperate so I cant blame their bad decisions back then.

This.

I think its time for DE to step up a bit wen it comes to their relationship whit founders.

Exactly, some founders have already shown that they would not care if Excal Prime was reintroduced in exchange for him getting some better stats compared to Umbra, and I dont see wrong in this.

Excal Prime has been forgotten whit the introduction of Umbra, DE literally killed their Poster Boy by making the mistake of making it exclusive in the first place, not only that, they managed to create a small % of self entitled founders who think their status stands above other because they "saved the game" wen it reality the game would have still died off if people didn't kept wasting their money on WF.

DE should just stand up and make a pull to all founders (The ones STILL playing the game) and see what their opinion on the meter is, because lets be honest, DE would probably lose a few founders, but sure as hell would get a more money then ever before if they chose to reintroduce Excal Prime as a 2nd opportunity prime access. (Specially since PS4, XBOX and SWITCH did not have the ability to have this pack so people would be all over it)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founders are something the game, honestly, doesn't rely on anymore, a ticking time bomb that is bound to blow one day or the other, its a system that FAILED, big time, and I am 100% sure DE knows that.

The Solutions to all this controversy and the "Umbra VS Prime" deal would be for DE to wake up and ask the current Founders who play the game what they think should be done, if Excal Prime should stay 6 years into the past, forgotten and used by no one, or if the Founders dont care, should it come to the public once more.

I am sure most of the Founders who still play the game would not care at all.

Sorry for the wall of text XD

There are a lot of new changes made to this game since I first discovered it too late. And I tell some players how lucky they are when they complain about the small things. But I can honestly say that if I was a Founder, I wouldn’t care. I’m not the selfish entitled type. Never have been. Never will be. So I’m pretty there are lots of Founders who don’t care if Excalibur Prime came back into the fold.

They could even make some complex mission in the Derelict that sort of involves him since the Derelict is known as the lost, neglected, basically forgotten city. Where you’ll find a statue of Excalibur Prime in the vault. Like maybe newer mods and stuff exclusive to those who bring Excalibur Prime into the old forgotten orokin city known as Derelict. Be like some, “History is repeating itself. The warriors of the past shall rise again. To defeat this threat once again”. 

If DE chose to make him permanent like the rest, Derelict could be the unique, unvaulted method of obtaining him. It would probably require lots of vault runs to obtain one piece of him and his weapons. But I would spend all day and Knight farming for him. He could be the perfect starter Prime warframe similar to the starter prime weapons that never go into the Prime Vault. 

But that is another story. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

There are a lot of new changes made to this game since I first discovered it too late. And I tell some players how lucky they are when they complain about the small things. But I can honestly say that if I was a Founder, I wouldn’t care. I’m not the selfish entitled type. Never have been. Never will be. So I’m pretty there are lots of Founders who don’t care if Excalibur Prime came back into the fold.

They could even make some complex mission in the Derelict that sort of involves him since the Derelict is known as the lost, neglected, basically forgotten city. Where you’ll find a statue of Excalibur Prime in the vault. Like maybe newer mods and stuff exclusive to those who bring Excalibur Prime into the old forgotten orokin city known as Derelict. Be like some, “History is repeating itself. The warriors of the past shall rise again. To defeat this threat once again”. 

If DE chose to make him permanent like the rest, Derelict could be the unique, unvaulted method of obtaining him. It would probably require lots of vault runs to obtain one piece of him and his weapons. But I would spend all day and Knight farming for him. He could be the perfect starter Prime warframe similar to the starter prime weapons that never go into the Prime Vault. 

But that is another story. 

Most likely if Excal Prime came to come back it would be via Prime Access, so to keep it fair for the Founders. 

Just now, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Most likely if Excal Prime came to come back it would be via Prime Access, so to keep it fair for the Founders. 

I would figure that. Just providing some alternatives to how I could see it happening. Or how it could’ve/should’ve been. I use to think that maybe the derelict Vault was the key(no pun intended) to getting Excalibur Prime. All those starter prime weapons but no starter Prime warframe. So I got curious and looked it up but unfortunately found out that he is locked away in some 6 year old derelict prison. Completely forgotten by the orokin and unknown to the Tenno. 

But yeah my first guess is him being a Prime Access exclusive(not Founder exclusive) for anybody that want him. 

Also sorry about the warframe puns. I tend to make warframe jokes when talking about warframe. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

I would figure that. Just providing some alternatives to how I could see it happening. Or how it could’ve/should’ve been. I use to think that maybe the derelict Vault was the key(no pun intended) to getting Excalibur Prime. All those starter prime weapons but no starter Prime warframe. So I got curious and looked it up but unfortunately found out that he is locked away in some 6 year old derelict prison. Completely forgotten by the orokin and unknown to the Tenno. 

But yeah my first guess is him being a Prime Access exclusive(not Founder exclusive) for anybody that want him. 

Also sorry about the warframe puns. I tend to make warframe jokes when talking about warframe. 

Its okay XD

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

"some" lol

once ran a search of warframe accounts being sold because I was paranoid someone might want to get me banned by posting my account on those Sites.

There are hundreds of founder accounts being sold.

I guess many founders want to get some of that money back after they lost interest in the game

23 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

"some" lol

once ran a search of warframe accounts being sold because I was paranoid someone might want to get me banned by posting my account on those Sites.

There are hundreds of founder accounts being sold.

I guess many founders want to get some of that money back after they lost interest in the game

Wow, i wonder how much those accounts usually go for.