Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

So far he invaded once. Wooo hoo.
Well, technicaly  twice... once during AN EXTRACTION SCREEN!

You know what, I'm starting to hate this whole "season" thing more and more. The challenges are more and more tedious and feeling MANDATORY instead of "hey, I'd like to play, let's go do something". It's "hey, go do that, and when you're done with all that, well considering you have a life you probably won't be able to have time for anything else in the game".

We now have a whole timegated "alert" system with things just sitting there for you to not do anything with, missions that don't reward you until 7 weeks in and probably won't leave some with enouth time of day or will to continue playing for the day... and a Wolf that likes to spawn while you're getting the Mission Results screen.

I am honestly growing more and more frustrated with it...

Doesn't help that Baruuk is gated behind standings and Hildryn is timegated behind some annoying community event... and then we get the annoying new "weapon swapping changes"... honestly the bad just keeps pilling on and on recently... I don't mind the timegate behind the build times in the foundry, I am perfectly fine with that. But timegating the game itself behind progression that is walled off with daily standings limits to this extent and behind some kinda "it will come when it comes" event...

I am honestly getting tired 😞 and I hate it... I just want to play and have fun, but that is very hard when you're being told how to play.

• Like 21

You can completely ignore up to 4 weeks of challenges out of the 10 weeks and still get all the rewards. Also it's been stated many times Wolf's spawn rate will increase as the event goes on, still have 8 weeks to get all the parts. Steve went as far as to say near the end you will get a visit him quite often near the end.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, VirtualJunky said:

You can completely ignore up to 4 weeks of challenges out of the 10 weeks and still get all the rewards. Also it's been stated many times Wolf's spawn rate will increase as the event goes on, still have 8 weeks to get all the parts. Steve went as far as to say near the end you will get a visit him quite often near the end.

10 weeks, at a rate of 43K per week allows for 3 missed weeks. If you missed a challenge during any of those weeks, well then...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, VirtualJunky said:

Remember that he has an abysmall drop table and realise that it will ttake around 190 kills to virtually guarantee all the parts of his hammer dropping (and remember that Lootcifer may ust screw you over).

This vague statement about how often Wolf will invade doesn't resolve any problems with him. Tbh DE shoudl increase the chance of Wolf's invasion a little bit but make him a permanent addition to the assassin ivasion group.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, VirtualJunky said:

That's...not the point. In old alert system when the chance pop up you decide to take it or not and get immediate result. The new WoS system though...is the embodiment of time gate. Locking everything behind a supposedly "optional" event. And you get the unique reward only in a specific sequence i.e. you are forced to take the filler rewards e.g. slots, potatoes which you can easily get from market if you have plat. WoS is essentially mandatory because some rewards are available ONLY in this system, which means you either do every task given or you might just don't bother with the game at all. Don't know who came up with this "WoS replaces alert" idea coz they are fundamentally different. They can't just "replace" each other.

And it takes at least 2 years in the current WoS system if you want to redeem all alternate helmets. The wolf cred rate is EA level ridiculous. 

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

That's...not the point. In old alert system when the chance pop up you decide to take it or not and get immediate result. The new WoS system though...is the embodiment of time gate. Locking everything behind a supposedly "optional" event. Which is essentially mandatory because all rewards are available ONLY in this system, which means you either do every task given or you might just don't bother with it at all. Don't know who came up with this "WoS replaces alert" idea coz they are fundamentally different. They just can't replace each other.

And it takes at least 2 years in the current WoS system if you want to redeem all alternate helmets. The wolf cred rate is EA level ridiculous. 

And how do you know you won't be able to get all the helmets in subsequent series, once WoSS is over?

I'm pretty sure credits are being deliberately rationed, so players have to prioritise what they want at any given time, with the chance to collect other items later.

Its really not that different to the old Alert system where there could be half a dozen or more alerts ongoing at any time, but with different expiry times, so that if you did one, you would miss others and have to wait for them to come round again.

Why are people treating WoSS like it is the be-all and end-all of Nightwave? It is just the FIRST series.

And as for the high / max rank rewards, they are for those with the time to spare to complete enough missions & gain sufficient standing in time. If you can't, tough luck. Its not meant to be fair. But they have at least been pretty reasonable about how much you have to complete in order to achieve max rank. Unlike time-limited events in some other games I could mention (which you also had to PAY to play - actual battle pass events).

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

And how do you know you won't be able to get all the helmets in subsequent series, once WoSS is over?

I'm pretty sure credits are being deliberately rationed, so players have to prioritise what they want at any given time, with the chance to collect other items later.

Its really not that different to the old Alert system where there could be half a dozen or more alerts ongoing at any time, but with different expiry times, so that if you did one, you would miss others and have to wait for them to come round again.

Why are people treating WoSS like it is the be-all and end-all of Nightwave? It is just the FIRST series.

And as for the high / max rank rewards, they are for those with the time to spare to complete enough missions & gain sufficient standing in time. If you can't, tough luck. Its not meant to be fair. But they have at least been pretty reasonable about how much you have to complete in order to achieve max rank. Unlike time-limited events in some other games I could mention (which you also had to PAY to play - actual battle pass events).

I will just show you my math of getting all alternate helmets, as a new player, in the new WoS. 

Old way: random daily alert, which a new players can consistently get at least 1 or even more alternate helmets depends on RNG. Might as well takes a long time for the right one to generate.

New way: You get wolf cred at tiers 3, 6, 12, 16, 20, and 24. One helmet costs 35. Total you can get 300 creds in 10 weeks (which equals duration of the fist phase of SS). At most you will get 300/35=8 helmets, in 10 weeks.

We currently has 38 warframes, given all of them will eventually get 3 alternate helmets we have 38*3=114 helmets. 114/8~14 which means it will take new players 14 phases=140 weeks= almost 3 years to get all alternate helmets given they play this game religiously to complete every Nightwave challenge and redeem only helmets. It is, to be honest, absurdly long time. 

Please tell me how is a system that requires you to play for 3 years and redeem only alternate helmets not a problem while the old system just ask you to login and play short missions and give you the blueprint immediately afterwards?

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

I will just show you my math of getting all alternate helmets, as a new player, in the new WoS. 

Irrelevant.

New players that want everything can pay plat for them or just pick the few helms they like. The most players just play a few frames. Dont think about getting "all helmets". Think about getting 5 helmets and then we get closer to the reality. Also the old system was just random and more unfair than anything else.

Edited by DerGreif2

Just now, bibmobello said:

Does the nightwaves credits expire? Can I use the credit from the previous week?

Wolf creds don't expire until the entire Series is over, which is still another 7-8 weeks away.

Just now, DerGreif2 said:

Irrelevant.

New players that want everything can pay plat for them or just pick the few helms they like. The most players just play a few frames. Dont think about getting "all hemlets". Think about getting 5 helmets and then we get closer to the reality.

It's relevant. Coz we used to get these helmets with relatively ease. In the new system is the matter of immense grinding or pay. Now the new system is meant to replace to old one. The old one is no more.

We have a company which is known to do this. It's called EA.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

It's relevant. Coz we used to get these helmets with relatively ease. In the new system is the matter of immense grinding or pay. Now the new system is meant to replace to old one. The old one is no more.

We have a company which is known to do this. It's called EA.

You can earn plat with ease in game so dont come me with EA. The new system is better because players can pick what they want instead of waking up at 4am to make a alert. Its harder but in the end better.

Edited by DerGreif2

5 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

You can earn plat with ease in game so dont come me with EA. The new system is better because players can pick what they want instead of waking up at 4am to make a alert. Its harder but in the end better.

So instead of waking up at 4am it's fine to ask players to follow your instructions and play the damn game for consecutive 10 weeks? So that you earn credits which will expire after the event ends and trade stuff in stupid rate? Seriously?

It takes 75 wolf creds to redeem a potatoe but it takes 2 weeks to earn the required credits (obviously coz you at most get 3 tiers a week and every 3 tiers you get 50 creds). So instead of getting potentially more potatoes every week is fine for you to grind for 2 weeks and get a single potato? And by doing this you have to forfeit any other potential rewards including alternate helmets?

??? Do you even know maths?

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

and play the damn game

Yes they finally have to play the GAME instead of one MISSION (which is random).

game for consecutive 10 weeks

No. 60% for all rewards and the creds are early rewards that even a player that just plays one day a week could get.

which will expire after the event ends and trade stuff in stupid rate?

10 weeks is a long time. And trading is just another option.

Seriously?

Yes.

So instead of getting potentially more potatoes every week is fine for you to grind for 2 weeks and get a single potato? And by doing this you have to forfeit any other potential rewards including alternate helmets?

20p... again... trading is part of the game. People have to understand it. Not in masses but for something like potatoes or adapters it is the most efficient and easiest way.

??? Do you even know maths? 

How about common sense?

I agree that creds are to rare and should be available otherwise but in the end the system is fine.

Edited by DerGreif2
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Yes they finally have to play the GAME instead of one MISSION (which is random).

No. 60% for all rewards and the creds are early rewards that even a play that just plays one day a week could get.

10 weeks is a long time. And trading is just another option.

Yes.

20p... again... trading is part of the game. People have to understand it. Not masses but for something like potatoes or adapters it is the most efficient and easiest way.

How about common sense?

So just tell me. How is this better than the old alert? By giving you potentially fewer rewards? What you can once acquire easily now requires you to grind hard or other pay and it makes a better system? How it makes things more fair?

At the end you ask player to rely on trading? So it's a regression because what we could get from alerts now requires us to do the trading and earn it by ourselves? Well then, why is the change? Why we need it? Coz it makes things worse for us?

WoSS, as a new system, is fine. But to replace alerts? Don't think so. As a player the best scenario is keeping the alerts as well as WoSS and remove everything in WoSS that is available from alerts. So we can get what we could get from alerts and who wants more can grind all the way under WoSS. At the very least DE should fix the ridiculous wolf cred rate. 

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 7

The best part about the Wolf's spawning is that he cannot spawn at all in the open world areas. So what does DE do? They run an event that takes place entirely in an open world area! That way no one can have the wolf spawn at all! Such a great idea!

More and more, this whole thing makes me feel like they really didn't spend any time whatsoever thinking this through before dumping it on us.

2 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

The best part about the Wolf's spawning is that he cannot spawn at all in the open world areas. So what does DE do? They run an event that takes place entirely in an open world area! That way no one can have the wolf spawn at all! Such a great idea!

More and more, this whole thing makes me feel like they really didn't spend any time whatsoever thinking this through before dumping it on us.

Are you sure that he cant appear in open worlds? His little freaks appear there all the time.

16 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

But to replace alerts? Don't think so.

I also think that nightwave is not a replacement for alerts. I also dont view it as an replacement for alerts because 8t is something completely different so my point still stands: the system is fine. We just need more ways to get creds.

4 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Are you sure that he cant appear in open worlds? His little freaks appear there all the time.

He follows the same rules as the other assassins, like the Stalker, and they cannot spawn there either. Not sure why the fugitives are different, though.

Either way, its dumb, since everything else DE has been doing lately has been to push players to Fortuna, since its the big new shiny thing right now. So not letting the Wolf spawn there doesn't make much sense.

3 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

I also think that nightwave is not a replacement for alerts. I also dont view it as an replacement for alerts because 8t is something completely different so my point still stands: the system is fine. We just need more ways to get creds.

I can understand DE want to make some value from helmets and stuff instead of gifting them out for free but I feel angry with the bad rate in WoSS. As a vet it doesn't matter at all to me but I hate DE is pushing the new players so hard to pay for stuff. At least, cut the plat price of helmets by 2/3 if they want to make getting helmets a long hard grinding. 30p for one helmet is a more achievable target for newbies. 75p is just robbery.

• Like 1