Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

2 hours ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Not to me.  I enjoy him.

Should DE bend over backward to make you comfortable?

You enjoy him. Good for you. What kind of challenge do you find on him? Really. I want to know. What makes him being enjoyable? There's no tactic to use against him, there's nothing to take care of when you fight him. There's not a single thing that can go wrong against him. It's just his huge HP bar and nothing else. You might enjoy the fight the first time, maybe the second. But after that, there is really nothing on it. If you ask around how to defeat him, 100% of the people will tell you: "Bring a rad-crit build of a very strong weapon." And that's all about him. 20 years ago, when videogames were somewhat simpler due to the limitations, it was ok to make a boss like this. Today, in their very own game, they have examples of bosses with mechanics, with enjoyable fights, and that put up a challenge to the players. This one is just a bullet sponge.

You enjoy him? Good, the rest of us no. Should DE stay like this to make you comfortable?

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir
typo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, (PS4)Aneres_Omega said:

Lets just call it out for what this is, Wolf was created to be taken care of in a group, not solo.

We seen this mindset from the very start of nw.

99% of their big nw points3k - 5k was normally devoted to 'friends' this or that.

Wolf is no different, however like nw there are glaring flaws in the way they implemented everything.

Wolf in this case unless you are super decked out with the best gear available to higher ranked players won't put much of a scratch on him and adding immortal(who's ever crazy idea that was needs a good talking too) flunkies makes it even harder for new players to deal with.

Yeah, but you forgot the most important part: "Screw the newbies! This boss shouldn't be for everyone!11!!1! (knowingly ignoring that the boss can and will show up in newbies missions, many times screwing the mission)."

• Like 1

:satisfied: i would be happy if devs gave the wolf an better system to deal with

Add the possibility for status effect and i think it would make this battle an bit easyer for the not so tough onces beneat us

I personally can deal the wolf on my builds and yes iam not an superman strongest tenno alive .. but still good build and not OP Meta build

You can deal the wolf solo or in team mode but be sure you know what you are doing 

-- as many have said .. shattering impact mod i belive.. could give players an extra boost to strip its armor --

This health isn't an 100% perfection of devs 

The Wolf is Meta Devs do something for the community and give it some flowers to trow with :tongue:

33 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Yeah, but you forgot the most important part: "Screw the newbies! This boss shouldn't be for everyone!11!!1! (knowingly ignoring that the boss can and will show up in newbies missions, many times screwing the mission)."

Yeah that's why planets like earth*, mars, Mercury, and Venus* should be a no trespassing for wolf and flunkies.

*open world areas for flunkies as normal

7 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

:satisfied: i would be happy if devs gave the wolf an better system to deal with

Add the possibility for status effect and i think it would make this battle an bit easyer for the not so tough onces beneat us

I personally can deal the wolf on my builds and yes iam not an superman strongest tenno alive .. but still good build and not OP Meta build

You can deal the wolf solo or in team mode but be sure you know what you are doing 

-- as many have said .. shattering impact mod i belive.. could give players an extra boost to strip its armor --

This health isn't an 100% perfection of devs 

The Wolf is Meta Devs do something for the community and give it some flowers to trow with :tongue:

They could also

1. set it up where if the player doesn't engage wolf for a few minutes will force the wolf to go away

2. If the group of players are MR 5 or lower 0 chance of wolf showing up

3. If solo the more the player avoiding wolf the spawn rate decreases 

4. Remove immortality from flunkies 

5. Prevent wolf and flunkies from showing up on defense(all of them), rescue, and digging missions

6. Give the operator the ability to strip the wolf of his immunities and removing the handicaps on WFs ability using void dash

Number six I feel will give the operator more use than just shooting and revive people/pets.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Aneres_Omega said:

They could also

1. set it up where if the player doesn't engage wolf for a few minutes will force the wolf to go away

2. If the group of players are MR 5 or lower 0 chance of wolf showing up

3. If solo the more the player avoiding wolf the spawn rate decreases 

5. Prevent wolf and flunkies from showing up on defense(all of them), rescue, and digging missions

6. Give the operator the ability to strip the wolf of his immunities and removing the handicaps on WFs ability using void dash

Number six I feel will give the operator more use than just shooting and revive people/pets.

They could also

1. set it up where, if the player does not come into contact with wolf for a few minutes, the wolf will force him to leave

This drops its Ai .. The wolf is made to go after you just like stalker until you know that your own health bar disappears (fun way to say beeing downed by an wolf)
The best thing you can do now is go straight to the finish if you want to dodge the wolf. and otherwise you have 3 fugitives still looking for you
it's not just the wolf that goes after you

2. If the group of players has MR 5 or a lower 0 chance that the wolf will appear

Yes this could be a bit more friendly to the tennos who have just started the last thing you want is to throw the new players in the deep .. first let them know the system a little better and make themselves a bit stronger towards this boss
It would be nice if you would beat a 35 lvl wolf with a low rank. I definitely give that person credits
a group of 4 tennos would benefit from this if there was a low rank in between. solo this will be a real battle

3. As a solo, the more the wolf player avoids, the spawn speed drops

Will be difficult if you go after the wolf again at another time
when you almost have no drop rate anymore. there is a chance that you will never see the wolf again. if you play solo then

You mean the Fugitives .. yes they do indeed only become mortal when you defeat the wolf idd something can be done with it
I use magnus lockdown for them to cool them down
so that I still have some space between myself and the wolf
Sleep abilities work best on their Equinox Ivara <I have not tested these 2 instead of the arcane .. could work no idea maybe someone already knows this

5. Prevent wolf and flunkies from appearing on defense (all), rescue tasks and digging missions

Yes indeed as I already read a lot of tennos suffer from this and can only say that they are right
there is not enough time because laps are going too fast .. those fugitives seem to disturb progress
and end up a lot of tennos with a failed mission
I was lucky once with IO - Jupiter this wolf came in a fissure mission and yes I was alone with Mesa .. sigh just got off my best

6. Give the operator the option to rid the wolf of his immunities and remove the handicaps on WFs ability by using an empty dashboard

I believe that 1 focus ability armor can strip with a void dash
do not know which Focus node is I must look up later ff unless someone here in this topic knows it

Number six that I think the user will use more than just shoot and revive people / pets.

I try to battle with the operator as much as possible. it has become too fun to work with an operator field in warframe

Edited by -_Highlander_-
*sigh* google translate doens't seems to work 100%

You shouldn't have to die to force the wolf to leave. Just not attacking wolf and his buddies for a minute or two to get rid of the wolf and his friends easily.

I guess maybe the spawn rate goes back to normal with each new real day and that would allow the player to choose to lower the spawn rate or face the wolf.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Aneres_Omega said:

Lets just call it out for what this is, Wolf was created to be taken care of in a group, not solo.

Pretty sure that I did most of the killing in 4 of the 5 times I've run into him. The fifth a valkyr did close to 70% and I did twenty-something. If people are right about him being significantly weaker in solo match ups, he would be imminently soloable for me. 

We seen this mindset from the very start of nw.

99% of their big nw points3k - 5k was normally devoted to 'friends' this or that.

What was it, 3 whole challenges? You get 99% from 3/(17x3)? Interesting. 

Wolf is no different, however like nw there are glaring flaws in the way they implemented everything.

Wolf in this case unless you are super decked out with the best gear available to higher ranked players won't put much of a scratch on him and adding immortal(who's ever crazy idea that was needs a good talking too) flunkies makes it even harder for new players to deal with.

Well yeah taking him down is tougher than taking down most of the cannon fodder we face. 

Regarding his buddies who make it harder for newbs... Rhino's the second frame most people have a chance to get. His 4, freezes everyone but the wolf. As long as nobody shoots or hits them they remain stuck for the duration while you wail on the wolf. His 2 if done right also helps you to survive a bit better. 

Saying that you need specific things to kill him is a valid complaint that some people are making, but the sheer number of options means that many of them have to go out of their way to not have an acceptable option that they can use. 

5 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

You enjoy him. Good for you. What kind of challenge do you find on him? Really. I want to know. 

For me? Killing him, not so much of a challenge. Killing him while not letting him kill me, a bit better. Killing him while not letting him kill me, or let his buddies kill the defense objective while there's a full on war happening? Yeah that's a nice piece of challenge. 

And if he doesn't show up? Well I was levelling something for the MR anyway. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Aneres_Omega said:

You shouldn't have to die to force the wolf to leave. Just not attacking wolf and his buddies for a minute or two to get rid of the wolf and his friends easily.

I guess maybe the spawn rate goes back to normal with each new real day and that would allow the player to choose to lower the spawn rate or face the wolf.

For a newb, not killing an enemy for 2 minutes while 4 of them are actively attacking you, is probably a pretty good way of ensuring that your warframe dies. Isn't that what you're saying you want to avoid having happen? 🙄

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

For me? Killing him, not so much of a challenge. Killing him while not letting him kill me, a bit better. Killing him while not letting him kill me, or let his buddies kill the defense objective while there's a full on war happening? Yeah that's a nice piece of challenge. 

And if he doesn't show up? Well I was levelling something for the MR anyway. 

I strongly disagree. When doing a defense, he rarely (if ever) spawns after wave 5. Now, we have two options here:

1. You brought a strong frame and a rad crit weapon because you feared he could show.

In this case, the enemies will just be nuked and you will be able to focus on wolf. And then, it will just be a boring fight about you chipping his hp bar until he dies. The fight goes like: shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, eventual roll to avoid a molotov from the gremlings, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, rinse and repeat. The wolf dies, drops an useless mod and MAYBE a part of a hammer that ends up not being even that great. This can happen in a span of 5 to 45 minutes according to the level of the wolf and the quality of your weapons.

2. You are levelling your frame and you only brought a necessary weapon (or even a levelling one) to speed up the levelling.

You are screwed. Even if you brought a decent weapon, the gremlings will be able to oneshoot you and the wolf itself can destroy you just by staring at you, so you better trust your operator (if you have it). In this situation, it will take a good amount of time to kill him, meaning that a mission which may take 10 minutes will easily turn into a 40 minutes one. Again, if he dies, he will drop an useless mod and MAYBE a part of the hammer.

While I understand you might see a challenge here. The problem with the fight is that in both cases, the challenge itself is not for the fight, but for the amount of time it will take. In case you are prepared to fight him, it's just an endurance test (or a patience test). And in case you are not prepared to fight him, it's just a "screw you!" boss. And all this "improved" by an absurd drop table.

There are only two possibilities when talking about wolf: or he screws you badly because you weren't prepared (either for being a low MR or for not bringing a rad-crit weapon), and hence there is no challenge, just an unfair fight that you can't win. Or he appears when you are prepared and it's just an endurance test, to see how long does it take to die. There's no in between.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

There are only two possibilities when talking about wolf: or he screws you badly because you weren't prepared (either for being a low MR or for not bringing a rad-crit weapon), and hence there is no challenge, just an unfair fight that you can't win. Or he appears when you are prepared and it's just an endurance test, to see how long does it take to die. There's no in between.

You forgot about the third possibility which is "player nukes him in three seconds and then goes and tells others to git gud while withholding the fact that they likely have a Riven'd loadout that can kill level 700+ Bombards in one hit", which is apparently more common than expected.

Edited by Aldain

1 minute ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

I strongly disagree. When doing a defense, he rarely (if ever) spawns after wave 5. Now, we have two options here:

You disagree with me about how I feel about the challenge? Uh..... How do you figure that's going to work? 

1. You brought a strong frame and a rad crit weapon because you feared he could show.

In this case, the enemies will just be nuked and you will be able to focus on wolf. And then, it will just be a boring fight about you chipping his hp bar until he dies. The fight goes like: shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, eventual roll to avoid a molotov from the gremlings, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, rinse and repeat. The wolf dies, drops an useless mod and MAYBE a part of a hammer that ends up not being even that great. This can happen in a span of 5 to 45 minutes according to the level of the wolf and the quality of your weapons.

Well I'm usually in Rhino, unless I'm in Saryn these days. But if I'm in Saryn everything dies, because of her, so my weapons all level really, really slowly. Rhino lets me run around shooting or stabbing stuff without worrying about how terrible the rest of the squad is about remembering to defend the objective, because if it gets swamped I tap my little foot and the enemies take a time out. That also makes the fugitives take a pause if they show up (for a long time I didn't even know that they fight back when they on their own... They were always just floating in the air, busy getting killed. 😅   ) 

And yes, high-crit rad kitgun, with a side of kavat (or maybe helios because his deconstructor is impact and can shatter armour, or maybe a sarpa because "options"). Takes me a couple of minutes but, like I said I'm usually the one with large numbers in damage dealt. 

2. You are levelling your frame and you only brought a necessary weapon (or even a levelling one) to speed up the levelling.

You are screwed. Even if you brought a decent weapon, the gremlings will be able to oneshoot you and the wolf itself can destroy you just by staring at you, so you better trust your operator (if you have it). In this situation, it will take a good amount of time to kill him, meaning that a mission which may take 10 minutes will easily turn into a 40 minutes one. Again, if he dies, he will drop an useless mod and MAYBE a part of the hammer.

Uh no? If I've got to level a frame, that's happening in the sanctuary, and I'll take a "omgwtfbbq strong" weapon to keep me alive. The kitgun is still a good choice for that because 1) it is going to kill a lot of things 2) whatever doesn't die has a strong chance of having to deal with it's friends because of the radiation. But my arca plasmor also gets the job done well.

If I'm going in without a levelled frame and with an weak piece of MR fodder that means that I'm straight up leeching and honestly deserve whatever happens to me. Hopefully there'll be a godlike MR 16 Rhino to rescue me from the jaws of the wolf, with his pewpew kitgun and an ugly kittycat. The least I can do is toss mad energy and ammo pizzas at him and the occasional spectre to help him out. 

While I understand you might see a challenge here. The problem with the fight is that in both cases, the challenge itself is not for the fight, but for the amount of time it will take. In case you are prepared to fight him, it's just an endurance test (or a patience test). And in case you are not prepared to fight him, it's just a "screw you!" boss. And all this "improved" by an absurd drop table.

Regarding the challenge, see my earlier post. Regarding how long it takes, a couple of minutes because I can't be bothered to take my eidolon hunting rifle. Regarding being prepared, I was a scout. The motto is "be prepared". It's a pretty good strategy. 

25 minutes ago, Aldain said:

You forgot about the third possibility which is "player nukes him in three seconds and then goes and tells others to git gud while withholding the fact that they likely have a Riven'd loadout that can kill level 700+ Bombards in one hit", which is apparently more common than expected.

Or fourth, "player conceptualises a situation where everyone is either godlike or a complete newb, and runs to the forum to complain on behalf of the hypothetical newb, that not having a riven makes the fight 'impossible', in the face of all evidence to the contrary while the actual newbs are busy playing the game". 🙄

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You disagree with me about how I feel about the challenge? Uh..... How do you figure that's going to work? 

Well I'm usually in Rhino, unless I'm in Saryn these days. But if I'm in Saryn everything dies, because of her, so my weapons all level really, really slowly. Rhino lets me run around shooting or stabbing stuff without worrying about how terrible the rest of the squad is about remembering to defend the objective, because if it gets swamped I tap my little foot and the enemies take a time out. That also makes the fugitives take a pause if they show up (for a long time I didn't even know that they fight back when they on their own... They were always just floating in the air, busy getting killed. 😅   ) 

And yes, high-crit rad kitgun, with a side of kavat (or maybe helios because his deconstructor is impact and can shatter armour, or maybe a sarpa because "options"). Takes me a couple of minutes but, like I said I'm usually the one with large numbers in damage dealt. 

Uh no? If I've got to level a frame, that's happening in the sanctuary, and I'll take a "omgwtfbbq strong" weapon to keep me alive. The kitgun is still a good choice for that because 1) it is going to kill a lot of things 2) whatever doesn't die has a strong chance of having to deal with it's friends because of the radiation. But my arca plasmor also gets the job done well.

If I'm going in without a levelled frame and with an weak piece of MR fodder that means that I'm straight up leeching and honestly deserve whatever happens to me. Hopefully there'll be a godlike MR 16 Rhino to rescue me from the jaws of the wolf, with his pewpew kitgun and an ugly kittycat. The least I can do is toss mad energy and ammo pizzas at him and the occasional spectre to help him out. 

Regarding the challenge, see my earlier post. Regarding how long it takes, a couple of minutes because I can't be bothered to take my eidolon hunting rifle. Regarding being prepared, I was a scout. The motto is "be prepared". It's a pretty good strategy. 

Or fourth, "player conceptualises a situation where everyone is either godlike or a complete newb, and runs to the forum to complain on behalf of the hypothetical newb, that not having a riven makes the fight 'impossible', in the face of all evidence to the contrary while the actual newbs are busy playing the game". 🙄

So all resumes in "Yeah, I have super high numbers; since i can do it, you all are pussies because you are complaining about him". Yep, you really are one of the guys I was talking about in my earlier post. Also, do a favor to yourself, don't be so condescendent and arrogant towards the others, will make people be more open to discuss with you 😉

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

So all resumes in "Yeah, I have super high numbers; since i can do it, you all are pussies because you are complaining about him". Yep, you really are one of the guys I was talking about in my earlier post. Also, do a favor to yourself, don't be so condescendent and arrogant towards the others, will make people be more open to discuss with you 😉

Not even close. As I pointed out, we have lots of options for this fight. Many of the people complaining about it have to go out of their way to not find an option that they can use. 

One of the situations you propose is that "if we go in woefully unprepared for a fight we will lose". The only response to this is "obviously". The other trades on "omg you are using a meta which is not available to newbs". I'm using Rhino prime, a varient of the second frame most of us are likely to have gotten. And a high crit kitgun from the second planet we can get to. Granted I've dropped a bunch of primed mods and tweaked it with one of the acolyte mods. (I should really test it out with one of the "bane of Grineer" mods and see if that helps but I'm lazy.) 

But as I indicated, I'm doing more than half of the damage in most of the encounters. Imagine what would happen if my squad had 4 players, each doing just half of the damage that I'm doing. The fight would finish almost twice as fast, or at the very least in the same amount of time! 

Expecting people to want to pull some of their own weight isn't elitism. Explaining that many players already have the tools at hand to make the fight doable isn't elitism. Accepting the fact that people who can't do anything to kill him because they are brand new to the game, won't be able to kill him on their own isn't elitism. 

But telling someone else that what they personally see as an enjoyable challenge, claiming that the average player won't be able to contribute to the fight at all of and will just straight up die because they're oh so very weak, and insisting that the only way to win is to use a godroll riven? Yeah, that ain't right at all. 

And why does it seem that the people who don't have a valid response to the points raised, always claim stuff like arrogance and condescending attitudes as a way of getting out of responding to those points? 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

One of the situations you propose is that "if we go in woefully unprepared for a fight we will lose". The only response to this is "obviously".

This.  It's like complaining a Braton takes forever to take out the Teralyst.  Granted, you have to go out of your way for Terry, but far more options will take out the Wolf.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

You enjoy him? Good, the rest of us no. Should DE stay like this to make you comfortable?

Major difference:  you are campaigning to have the Wolf nerfed or removed.  I'm just agreeing with having an enemy that takes a little bit of the millions of damage so much of our stuff can dish out.

Sure, perhaps make him only spawn on Neptune or above so players that fight him are more likely to have decent gear.  Other than that?  We have overpowered gear for a reason now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Major difference:  you are campaigning to have the Wolf nerfed or removed.  I'm just agreeing with having an enemy that takes a little bit of the millions of damage so much of our stuff can dish out.

Sure, perhaps make him only spawn on Neptune or above so players that fight him are more likely to have decent gear.  Other than that?  We have overpowered gear for a reason now.

Or let the challenges/each tier/fugitives drop a beacon that we are able to use to bring him to us wherever we are maybe once we've crossed the halfway mark in the wave, on top of his random chance to spawn. That way we can farm him if we like, and his other occourances will be nothing more than a minor nuisance for people to reeeee about on the forums. 

39 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Major flaw of your argument: I never campaigned to have him nerfed. If you read some post before, I offered solutions to make him an actual challenge without nerfing him. Those solutions offered ways of making the fight against him actually interesting. Which is my major complain. The lack of challenge in a bullet sponge that does literally nothing but have a huge hp bar. That and, of course, the problem of him presenting to mr1 players on Earth, where he shouldn't spawn.

Who aborts when the wolf appears in a mission?

I have been in several missions yesterday, and one today, that when the wolf appeared, the whole pub group of four (me included) unanimously decided it was a better gameplay choice to abort. The two exceptions were when we could just run away and complete the mission and exfil while he was wandering after us through the map.

Surely DE had something else in mind when this concept was approved. Generally speaking, no one wants to fight him; it's universally agreed upon that the time sink is too much for the reward. This is from random public groups, not my very small circle of Warframe friends (who, incidentally, don't fight him either).

Is there a better way, DE?

• Like 1

I won't leave a mission (he's easy enough to kill these days), but he's beyond even the syndicate attack annoyance factor now. "Oh HIM again?". Don't care about Nightwave anymore. Just want this crap to go away. His drop chance is pathetic considering he's an RNG spawn (for a limited time, no less), and his "best loot" is a pathetic MR fodder hammer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I just shoot him.

Last time I tried that, it took over 25 minutes of just shooting him with the group. That was the last time I downed him in a pub. It was a 28+ minute mobile defense on Tier 3 Corpus Rift (Neo fissure I think...). I just ran off and completed the mission in Nova while the group played with the Wolf and I came back to put over 2,000 bullets in him and try and slow the Corpus ads. I also dropped ammo, shield, and energy restores for the team. That's about the extent of it.

I'm not God's gift to Warframe or gaming in general. I'm casual and just enjoy the fun. But the Wolf ain't it. 🙂

• Like 4

8 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

You enjoy him. Good for you. What kind of challenge do you find on him? Really. I want to know. What makes him being enjoyable? There's no tactic to use against him, there's nothing to take care of when you fight him. There's not a single thing that can go wrong against him. It's just his huge HP bar and nothing else. You might enjoy the fight the first time, maybe the second. But after that, there is really nothing on it. If you ask around how to defeat him, 100% of the people will tell you: "Bring a rad-crit build of a very strong weapon." And that's all about him. 20 years ago, when videogames were somewhat simpler due to the limitations, it was ok to make a boss like this. Today, in their very own game, they have examples of bosses with mechanics, with enjoyable fights, and that put up a challenge to the players. This one is just a bullet sponge.

Sadly this is very true. He is a dmg sponge. All u need is a way to regen hp or avoid dmg from him and melee weapon with red physical crits. He is not challenging at all, just finger hurts mashing the same button up close in his face. He is even more boring then Stalker. At least stalker can b one shot and move on with ur mission like an annoying fly. I honestly hate this event for its rng and low rates on everything. I do understand DE is losing ppl to other new games and upcoming games - so they make of this unreasonably grindy things. But by doing so they piss off community even more. Cant wait for Sep for B3 to come out. Gonna be a hella long break from WF for me. Hopefully when I jump back into WF around 2021 DE will add some actually enjoyable and New content lol