Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

Just now, Tokomi_ said:

Last time I tried that, it took over 25 minutes of just shooting him with the group. That was the last time I downed him in a pub. It was a 28+ minute mobile defense on Tier 3 Corpus Rift (Neo fissure I think...). I just ran off and completed the mission in Nova while the group played with the Wolf and I came back to put over 2,000 bullets in him and try and slow the Corpus ads. I also dropped ammo, shield, and energy restores for the team. That's about the extent of it.

I'm not God's gift to Warframe or gaming in general. I'm casual and just enjoy the fun. But the Wolf ain't it. 🙂

Well the thing is he scales with the amount of players but that means that all 4 players are expected to contribute. If they're not, that means the other players have it tougher and that's just the risk of playing pub. Solo I can drop him in less than a minute and in a group it's only a few minutes with a good weapon. 

• Like 2

@Zilchy Re: the risk of pub. You're right; it's a known and an assumed risk. I know my post is a bit of a complaint, but Wolf's such a nuisance. I expect though he scales with player count, not power level.

I hope there is a some algorithm that would be able to scale him to the party's power level, not just 4 rando-players drops a max-attack-Wolf. That may be a bit much to ask, I dunno - not a programmer/developer.

There is absolutely no good reason why you can't carry a melee weapon with Impact Damage and slot Shattering Impact in your melee weapon... None whatsoever. You can make 1 mod fit considering that you're not really even using the melee weapon to do any damage to Wolf.

Save for having everything Wolf drops, there is no reason to abort either. Even level 80 Wolf doesn't take more than 5 minutes after all his armor is stripped!

EDIT: P.S. Shattering Impact strips 6 base armor independent of his armor scaling. You need only hit Wolf 34 times (200 base armor)... level 30 or level 80. It doesn't matter!

EDIT2: Never mind. Hillarious!

As of 4/21/2019 the Wolf of Saturn Six is now immune to Shattering Impact but can still be affected by Sharpened Claws. This is a very recent change but it is not listed in any patch notes.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Wolf_of_Saturn_Six

Edited by nslay
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tokomi_ said:

@Zilchy Re: the risk of pub. You're right; it's a known and an assumed risk. I know my post is a bit of a complaint, but Wolf's such a nuisance. I expect though he scales with player count, not power level.

I hope there is a some algorithm that would be able to scale him to the party's power level, not just 4 rando-players drops a max-attack-Wolf. That may be a bit much to ask, I dunno - not a programmer/developer.

He scales with both player level and mission level. I copped him solo in a Kuva Flood, he was level 65. He died in under a minute. The same wolf in a 4 man group is going to require 4 tenno helping out, not 1 guy using a real gun, 2 guys doing their best and some numpty shooting it with a MK1 Paris for example :) 

Seen him 3 times. Killed him twice, due to having low-level gear the third time, making it a choice of either A) Spending an hour hosing him down like, or B) Aborting the mission.

Haven't seen him since. According to the wiki, it takes roughly ~1000 missions max to get all his drops. Nightwave is 11 Weeks long, that's 77 Days. Assuming people have no lives, that's doing 13 missions a day, or more if he doesn't spawn within those 13 missions. At most I do 6-7 missions a day. Of course, I am probably misinterpreting it, but if that's the case, then I am probably low-balling it. IMO, I've become so burned out from trying to get him to show up that even if I were to get a reward, I'd know that I still wouldn't have the mask, or the sledge. It just isn't enjoyable to try and farm something that has the chance to never spawn for some players, or spawn incessantly for others, and then add to that never drop what you want/need to get before the timer runs out.

On 2019-04-15 at 8:39 AM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

It feels to me like the code used to increase his spawn rate doesn't directly but rather generally increases the spawn rate of any assassination squad coming for you.

I've seen him 4 times since inception - not once on the past week with many hours of gameplay in spawnable missions.

On the other hand, I see the stalker, the G3, and syndicate hit squads pretty much every mission now.

That hasn't happened to me at all. I've seen stalker once in the last week though, which was pleasant.

7 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

He scales with both player level and mission level. I copped him solo in a Kuva Flood, he was level 65. He died in under a minute. The same wolf in a 4 man group is going to require 4 tenno helping out, not 1 guy using a real gun, 2 guys doing their best and some numpty shooting it with a MK1 Paris for example 🙂

But you have a Kavat with Sharpened Claws if I recall right? When I was using Shattering Impact, I had similar results as you. But I have a feeling that I cannot pull this off anymore now that Shattering Impact no longer works on Wolf. Guess I had better use Chroma Prime or get a Kavat (yuck!).

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

But you have a Kavat with Sharpened Claws if I recall right? When I was using Shattering Impact, I had similar results as you. But I have a feeling that I cannot pull this off anymore now that Shattering Impact no longer works on Wolf. Guess I had better use Chroma Prime or get a Kavat (yuck!).

Yeh I use my kitty. They're good for extra resources and I seem to always find him when I'm doing kuva so she's always equipped.

Edited by Zilchy

4 minutes ago, nslay said:

get a Kavat (yuck!).

22 minutes ago, nslay said:

There is absolutely no good reason why you can't carry a melee weapon with Impact Damage kavat and slot Shattering Impact Sharpened Claws in your melee weapon kavat... None whatsoever.

Hmmm...

I'm by no means an Uber player (still working on MR 15... I just want my AKLex prime dangit!), and rando's and I just killed him + like 20 assorted grineer nerds using only my un-forma'd arca plas (beefed up radiation for exactly this), Lesion (corrosive lul so y'know... Was a nice decoration), level 26 Saryn (only got close a few times for safety) and my Kavat.

Of us 4 in the mission, I did something like 45% of the total mission damage. They recently nerfed The Wolf's armor/damage reduction properties didn't they?

I find it pretty easy to poop on him. The ticket is to just be (at-best) moderately prepared:

Toss out some spectres to distract, carry health/NRG pizzas, CC fugitives, always be aware he can toss his hammer REALLY FAR, if you're getting rekt trying to melee him - STOP TRYING TO MELEE HIM - and focus on rezzing teammates/CCing fugitives, know when to put some distance between you and him to get shields back up, carry at least one anti-wolf weapon (radiation primary, specific kitguns are beast-mode vs Wolf of Wall Street etc, but if you're kinda having trouble fighting him I'd stay away from melee tbh)...

We have a lot of diverse tools in Warframe from our gear wheel to our companions, utilize these along with bringing the right weapon for the job. You don't bring blunt weapons to fight hordes of infested, right?

Ok, my Rhino Prime does fight infested with a Fragor Prime on steroids but that's a different story... And purely for tons of funs.

Edited by (XB1)AdolphBinStalin
Formatting + waffles

Just now, Aldain said:

Huh, wonder how long they'll let the Kavat strip the Wolf's armor since they canned Shattering Impact now.

It seems like DE just wants an invading sponge boss out of spite at this point.

I don't know! But I'm going to exclusively use Chroma Prime and Vex Armor to make it less painful. Those invincible goons and their molotovs should help hit Chroma Prime's health for all that bonus damage. Woo! DE, your move!

In all the times I've fought the Wolf I was either Volt or Garuda.

As volt you can stun his fugitives with your 4 then shoot through your shield for crazy damage. I usually have my catchmoon on me so I can pick up my shield for even easier use. Wolf dies in a minute or two.

As Garuda I can turn the fugitives into health pillars and wail on the Wolf with my melee or charge up a super blood ball.

I don't abort when he spawns, but I do groan louder than usual. My issues with Wolf are: 

-The rewards are not that great.

-He's is an absolute bullet sponge without a Sharpened Claws Kavat/ damage buff frame.

-He's pretty boring to fight. I'd rather fight Lech Kril multiple times than fight Wolf once if I'm looking for fun.

-His minions are invincible until the fight is over, which is a pile of poo and again doesn't make for an interesting fight.

Edited by Chhkt
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, nslay said:

As of 4/21/2019 the Wolf of Saturn Six is now immune to Shattering Impact

I've been waiting for that shoe to drop. Kinda like when they made Eidelons immune to Shield Disruption...

*slow clap*

32 minutes ago, Aldain said:

For players who casually take down level 700 bombards to have something to boast about on the forums.

Pretty much.

Sad thing is that this has become common.

I got a call from one of the newbies I've been mentoring in game (He's a friend in RL) asking for help. Cause the Wolf spawned & everyone apparently bailed when he did. But he wanted to get mission complete because of a mod that had dropped that he needed.

Sadly game wouldn't let me join so I told him to just let wolf kill him so he vanishes. (His arsenal wasn't high enough. He was hitting wolf for 20dmg)

What's crazy is after the matter he told me that all his groups bail during Wolf appearances.

Found out from coworkers. Most folks just bail rather than waste time fighting him.

People are like: it isn't a difficulty thing. He's just annoying.

DE really needed to take a hands on approach to fixing the Wolf encounter. The way they've introduced him, designed his encounter, & etc. Has been absolutely horrible. The way they've replied to feedback rivals Bungie.

It's absolutely not acceptable for a limited time boss to be nigh non-existent & actually something DON'T want to experience/play. He should be something player look forward to or get excited about.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, nslay said:

Almost all melee weapons have Impact Damage... you could even use a rank 0 melee weapon. Only one pet type can use Sharpened Claws (Kavat).

There is no reason to use other pet than a kavat, as no other pet offers the utility that an adarza or smeeta can give, that trumps over any meager damage a kubrow can do. Even with armor stripped the wolf is still quite tanky so its recommended to always carry a weapon modded for radiation, ideally a weapon with heavy puncture damage as well. Personally I use my redeemer prime with rad+cold and it works wonders, a strong shotgun that doesn't have to worry about ammo usage.

5 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

There is no reason to use other pet than a kavat, as no other pet offers the utility that an adarza or smeeta can give, that trumps over any meager damage a kubrow can do. Even with armor stripped the wolf is still quite tanky so its recommended to always carry a weapon modded for radiation, ideally a weapon with heavy puncture damage as well. Personally I use my redeemer prime with rad+cold and it works wonders, a strong shotgun that doesn't have to worry about ammo usage.

There is no reason to use other pet than Sentinel as no other pet offers Vacuum.

EDIT: Also beast AI is as dumb as bag of hammers!

Edited by nslay

2 hours ago, Tokomi_ said:

Who aborts when the wolf appears in a mission?

Not I. 

I'm there for a fight and a fight it'll be. 

Granted, he's not the most interesting battle, but a bit of preparation means a dead Wolf. The 7Ps and all that. 

• Like 1