Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

25 minutes ago, Edzhang said:

I played warframe everyday since the wolf of saturn six update dropped and until now i didnt even know how the wolf looks like because he never showed up for me.. 

24 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

Same for me.

you can see him in the cutscene. go to your scanner and press to "tune in", it will play the opening cinematic. you can see him at the end. there's also glyphs at rank 2 that show his face.

more ways to get wolf credits is about the only thing I would change; I think there should be a little more than 150 standing for catching these supposedly  "dangerous" fugitives (their Molotov Cocktails hurt quite badly though).

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you can see him in the cutscene. go to your scanner and press to "tune in", it will play the opening cinematic. you can see him at the end. there's also glyphs at rank 2 that show his face.

more ways to get wolf credits is about the only thing I would change; I think there should be a little more than 150 standing for catching these supposedly  "dangerous" fugitives (their Molotov Cocktails hurt quite badly though).

Well if you catch them in the Vallis you earn double (300 standing). Which I find weird, because they don't seem any harder to take down than in PoE, or anywhere else, for that matter.

I've been farming them quite successfully in between scanning data hashes, just lately. Captured 3 groups for 900 standing on one occasion.

Wholeheartedly agree that being set on fire sucks...

38 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

So just tell me. How is this better than the old alert? By giving you potentially fewer rewards? What you can once acquire easily now requires you to grind hard or other pay and it makes a better system? How it makes things more fair?

I will try my hand at answering this one.  As a person who works 40 hours a week, the new system gives me a better option in that I won't miss an item due to alert happening while I'm either at work or sleep.  I had this very problem back when I needed to farm Vauban for MR.  It took months because of how often (or lack of) his parts appeared in alerts, and in alerts that happened while I was available to do them.  

For this change alone, I can completely agree with the new method.  While it still has room to be fine tuned, I can't honestly say that the old alerts were better for either newer players or older ones with limited playtime. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Well if you catch them in the Vallis you earn double (300 standing). Which I find weird, because they don't seem any harder to take down than in PoE, or anywhere else, for that matter.

I've been farming them quite successfully in between scanning data hashes, just lately. Captured 3 groups for 900 standing on one occasion.

Wholeheartedly agree that being set on fire sucks...

They are only worth 100 each for now, because all credits and resources from the Vallis are doubled during the current event.

Though, I think they should always be worth 100. At 50 each, you have to capture 20 of them to even get a single daily challenge's worth of standing. This is not enough. But only having to capture 10 for that value seems much more reasonable.

• Like 1

One decent new thing for long time from DE and...

Vocal part of community (suffering "casuals", so to say) already destorying it by constant intolerable whining. 

Already almost everthing in game given on silver plate. Missed event? Repeated in 6 m. Missed weapon? Here is another chance (and even easier to get), and so on. Warframe is as noob/casual friendly as it possible for serious game! Do ever played MMOs when event rewards given once for lifetime? Or things are really hard timegated (dont even speak about timegate here)? Even most of grind in Warframe is joke comparable to other titles (exept some RNG curses).

Making things even easier in terms of progression -- is borderline of making game for 5-6 year olds or something like that. Stop, please. We definitly, as community, cabable of more.

By the way I have full time job, famility and even fat cat. But there is no problem to find like 7-8 hours in week to clear most (with luck -- all) this nightwave content and progress on other ventures, they mostly correspond (if you not noticed).

Edited by le_souriceau

1 hour ago, Marvelous_A said:

I can understand DE want to make some value from helmets and stuff instead of gifting them out for free but I feel angry with the bad rate in WoSS. As a vet it doesn't matter at all to me but I hate DE is pushing the new players so hard to pay for stuff. At least, cut the plat price of helmets by 2/3 if they want to make getting helmets a long hard grinding. 30p for one helmet is a more achievable target for newbies. 75p is just robbery.

I agree. There a a few items that need some rebalance in terms of plat.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, le_souriceau said:

By the way I have full time job, famility and even fat cat. But there is no problem to find like 7-8 hours in week to clear most (with luck -- all) this nightwave content and progress on other ventures, they mostly correspond (if you not noticed).

Many do not find the type of content that is being forced in NW to be fun, and therefore, we dont want to spend the time we DO have in gamestyles we dont feel like playing.

It IS a change from their normal position of "Play how you want", and its time gated nature makes the content a chore, not fun.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

I will just show you my math of getting all alternate helmets, as a new player, in the new WoS. 

Old way: random daily alert, which a new players can consistently get at least 1 or even more alternate helmets depends on RNG. Might as well takes a long time for the right one to generate.

New way: You get wolf cred at tiers 3, 6, 12, 16, 20, and 24. One helmet costs 35. Total you can get 300 creds in 10 weeks (which equals duration of the fist phase of SS). At most you will get 300/35=8 helmets, in 10 weeks.

We currently has 38 warframes, given all of them will eventually get 3 alternate helmets we have 38*3=114 helmets. 114/8~14 which means it will take new players 14 phases=140 weeks= almost 3 years to get all alternate helmets given they play this game religiously to complete every Nightwave challenge and redeem only helmets. It is, to be honest, absurdly long time. 

Please tell me how is a system that requires you to play for 3 years and redeem only alternate helmets not a problem while the old system just ask you to login and play short missions and give you the blueprint immediately afterwards?

It took me almost two years to build Vauban. So yeah new system is  not a problem.

I thought I'd have enjoyed the idea of this system more than I did once it was in place. The reality is that it has done literally nothing to make me desire to actually play the game. I feel like I'm mostly just waiting for Wisp to see if she breathes some life into my grind again.

Coz we used to get these helmets with relatively ease. 

I would like to see ONE casual player (doesnt even have to be casual) that DONT use alert apps that manage to get 114 different helmets in under 5 years even.

Edited by (XB1)Dic3man

I will just show you my math of getting all alternate helmets, as a new player, in the new WoS. 

Old way: random daily alert, which a new players can consistently get at least 1 or even more alternate helmets depends on RNG. Might as well takes a long time for the right one to generate.

New way: You get wolf cred at tiers 3, 6, 12, 16, 20, and 24. One helmet costs 35. Total you can get 300 creds in 10 weeks (which equals duration of the fist phase of SS). At most you will get 300/35=8 helmets, in 10 weeks.

We currently has 38 warframes, given all of them will eventually get 3 alternate helmets we have 38*3=114 helmets. 114/8~14 which means it will take new players 14 phases=140 weeks= almost 3 years to get all alternate helmets given they play this game religiously to complete every Nightwave challenge and redeem only helmets. It is, to be honest, absurdly long time. 

Nice math. Seems to have skipped something though? What happens when you exceed the minimum standing for the event? 

Because we seem to all agree that we can do that if we want to. The thing is, some folks don't seem to be thinking past the last reward, while many of us would acknowledge that we currently ahead of the minimum 3ranks/week that would get us to the maximum. 

The impression that I have is that it's pure creds after that point. If that's the case, how much would 3 weeks of pure creds get us? I don't know, but if it follows the current model that's something like 13 batches of cred to play with, isn't it? What's that, closer to 25 helmets at the end of the first event? 

As for this part:

Please tell me how is a system that requires you to play for 3 years and redeem only alternate helmets not a problem while the old system just ask you to login and play short missions and give you the blueprint immediately afterwards?

How dare they suggest that we should play the game? How dare they not pander to the instant gratification we crave? 

🙄

2 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Points for transparency, at least.  Nothing tepid in that title. 😏

Mate, I am mad pissed. Like seriously... I don't know when was the last time I was this mad in Warframe... oh right, NEVER.

54 minutes ago, le_souriceau said:

One decent new thing for long time from DE and...

Vocal part of community (suffering "casuals", so to say) already destorying it by constant intolerable whining.

I am MR26, played a metric fkton of Warframe... casual, yes. So casual...

34 minutes ago, samaban said:

It took me almost two years to build Vauban. So yeah new system is  not a problem.

Well now you get to build your Booben relatively "quickly" and skip out on most other rewards. I hope you enjoy missing out on everything else you would have gotten in the time you now get Vauban and the remaining little credits until the end of Saturn Six.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Dic3man said:

I would like to see ONE casual player (doesnt even have to be casual) that DONT use alert apps that manage to get 114 different helmets in under 5 years even.

I had like... nearly all of them in a year, year and a half? That's with a 6-7 month break.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Mate, I am mad pissed. Like seriously... I don't know when was the last time I was this mad in Warframe... oh right, NEVER.

I updated my console when NW hit. Looked at it (checks stats)  said nah I've already done all that. I have no urge to do it again. So back to Anthem, Apex, DMC5 is dope, and now Division 2...Waitframe ain't the only show in town. First time I haven't login to Waitframe in 3 weeks, and have no urge too. tenor.gif

Maybe when New War is out ...sooon or whatever that means.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nice math. Seems to have skipped something though? What happens when you exceed the minimum standing for the event? 

Because we seem to all agree that we can do that if we want to. The thing is, some folks don't seem to be thinking past the last reward, while many of us would acknowledge that we currently ahead of the minimum 3ranks/week that would get us to the maximum. 

The impression that I have is that it's pure creds after that point. If that's the case, how much would 3 weeks of pure creds get us? I don't know, but if it follows the current model that's something like 13 batches of cred to play with, isn't it? What's that, closer to 25 helmets at the end of the first event? 

OK, so after you play religiously for 7 weeks without missing a single challenge you finally win a chance, to grind immensely for another 3 weeks, so that you can something we could have got without grinding? Such privilege /s

Was I wrong? For saying under the new system it's either immense grind, or pay to get what we used to get with much less effort? Coz what you are saying is like, proving my point, right?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think there should be a little more than 150 standing for catching these supposedly  "dangerous" fugitives (their Molotov Cocktails hurt quite badly though).

What? They can fight back? 😮

Seriously, they die so quickly, and they are usually cc'd that I don't think I've ever seen them attack. They've pretty much been running, or dead. Very binary states without much of a transition period. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

What? They can fight back? 😮

Seriously, they die so quickly, and they are usually cc'd that I don't think I've ever seen them attack. They've pretty much been running, or dead. Very binary states without much of a transition period. 

Their Molotov is actually on a serious delay, so much that they can throw it after you've downed all of them and started the capture animation, leaving you stuck in 200dps fire that you can't leave, and killing both you and the guy you're capturing.

31 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

OK, so after you play religiously for 7 weeks without missing a single challenge you finally win a chance, to grind immensely for another 3 weeks, so that you can something we could have got without grinding? Such privilege /s

Was I wrong? For saying under the new system it's either immense grind, or pay to get what we used to get with much less effort? Coz what you are saying is like, proving my point, right?

Well I look at it this way: I actually play this game. 

So most of the "horribly difficult grind" is stuff that's neither horrible, nor difficult and is mostly stuff I'd have been doing anyway. 

Now I get it, I can see what you're saying. Many people don't play the game, but feel entitled to getting what they want, because they want it. And any change that reduces their ability to get what they want, as soon as they want it is bad. 

That's why gas stations have the same prices as what they did back in the 70's as well, I figure. Because everyone has to pander to the entitled whiners in any given society and..... Wait a minute... That doesn't happen, it's not how that works, it's not how any of that works! 

But hey if you don't want to play the game for the rewards, it's cool. Sometimes they give stuff out for watching a twitch thing. Good luck, Tenno! 

8 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Their Molotov is actually on a serious delay, so much that they can throw it after you've downed all of them and started the capture animation, leaving you stuck in 200dps fire that you can't leave, and killing both you and the guy you're capturing.

Neat! Maybe I'll get to see it, if I slow down on the killing. 

• Like 1

Il y a 4 heures, Marvelous_A a dit :

How many alternate helmets do we have NOW in the game? 

Why every challenge when the last rank for creds is rank 24.

If you want to be accurate, base your maths on facts. 

Beside, you know that they will balance the thing. Not this episode of course, they can't. 

Edited by HexOmega111x

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

As for this part:

How dare they suggest that we should play the game? How dare they not pander to the instant gratification we crave? 

🙄

Thats Generation Zers for you. ADHD twitch kids with the attention span of goldfish. :laugh: If they can't do / get everything in a couple of hours its too much work...and conversely too easy (where's the next thing to do)?

Though it does make me wonder how people who are happy to spend 2-3 hours doing endless Survival missions to grind rewards, seem to have no concept of patience and simply waiting. Some kind of new paradox there, I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Thats Generation Zers for you. ADHD twitch kids with the attention span of goldfish. :laugh: If they can't do / get everything in a couple of hours its too much work...and conversely too easy (where's the next thing to do)?

Don't malign goldfish like that. I used to train mine to do tricks. They're not as badly off as people claim. 

But yeah, something truly ridiculous is happening in the forums right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Softballbryan said:

I been catching piles of these captives! How many of these mugga’s escaped? I’m at rank 11 and I have most of the new challenges yet to complete. Those prisoners are adding up! Sucka’s wanna mess wit me...

I'm getting quite a few of them too. Really help to top up your standing when you run out of missions you can do. Especially if you catch them in Orb Vallis (worth double).