Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

Just now, 000l000 said:

And let be honest a sec, Wolf isn't mandatory, you could also finish your mission and extract if you meet him at a way too high level. No one forces anyone to kill him each time, if it's no fun then don't do it, simple as that. 🤘

Right, that is if mission allows you to just finish it at any moment, Hydron gets raided quite often. Also, not having an arch-gun and not having a gravimag aren't the same thing, not to mention that most decent arch-gun mods are a pain to farm.

7 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

And let be honest a sec, Wolf isn't mandatory, you could also finish your mission and extract if you meet him at a way too high level

Defense missions say hi, you can't extract on those unless you kill him or literally every single player is downed at the same time so he leaves, which is pretty hard to do if somebody refuses to die and just keeps shooting him for 5 damage at a time.

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Again 4 people being able to do even half of the damage that I'm doing isn't an outrageous, or onerous bar to have to cross. But many people in Hydron aren't even coming close from what I'm seeing. Casual (and obviously flawed as it's a sample size that's just too small for comfort) observation suggests that the average is about 1/6th. 

No, I don't expect a newb to be wiping the wolf out in seconds. But most of the people in Hydron are not newbs. Many have much higher MR than I do. The takeaway for me isn't that the wolf is a problem, it's that that people are going in unprepared when they should have lots of options to choose from.

That suggests that it's intentional. Just like your argument suggests that they're choosing not to be "restricted". And if that's the case, then they've got nothing to complain about when the fight is a slog against a bullet sponge that they can't hurt. 

See, I knew from the moment I read this that you were awfully wrong, and I decided to waste 1 hour of my life to actually make sure of what I'm about to state and not just to sound like a crazy person.

Back in the days Hydron was known for its crazy easy farm (Excalibur, Excalibur, Trinity, Excalibur/trinity/Rhino). So I decided to do 10 missions there on Hydron and ask people what they were doing there. Wanna hear the results?

In 8 games people were doing Hydron for leveling up.

In 1 game people were doing it to hunt the wolf

In 1 game people couldn't answer me... don't know why, kept asking them, maybe english isn't their forte.

Higher MR or lower, you're actually expecting people, in this one place that you apparently insist that's where the wolf spawns the most, that bring stuff to LEVEL with to be on par with your efficiency to take down the wolf when most of them are probably there to not do that in the first place. Oh, and in fact, yes I could use your argument. There are many places where people can farm exp, hydron just happens to be one the easiest places to do so, and you keep going there to hunt the wolf with the likelyhood of finding people with little to no good equipment due to the fact they're leveling it and/or bring fast paced/Aoe frames to clear the map faster to farm focus as well. If that's the case, why are you "restricting" yourself by intentionally playing in a place where people bring bad equipment?

Also my metaphor was justified, because you never specified a single place where the Wolf would spawn the most prior to what I wrote, and thus making your metaphor more accurate with your sudden (allegedly)placement of the boss... you know, like every other boss that pose a challenge are, in their respective place in different planets.

PS: In those 10 games you know how many times the wolf spawned? 0 times. So I didn't level up anything, because I brought my cutting edge weaponry to take him down, I didn't get any resources that I needed, and I didn't get any of the few remaining weapons that I needed to rank up in mastery. 1 Hour of my time wasted for nothing.

Edited by Mrevasivepants
Added a PS

15 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I don't abort but I don't really bother with him now.

Still only have 1 part but the fight isn't rewarding enough to get excited for it.  Out of the 10 times I've seen him, gotten 1 part and several mods I already have 50+ of.  

Gimme Nightwave standing or Wolf Credits for taking him down, something other than more mods I had dozens of already.

Honestly this is why I personally think DE didn't really think through The Wolf of Saturn Six & I believe they are being stubborn or prideful.

They don't want to admit that they phoned it in ; created an absolutely terrible encounter with even worse loot.

And it's got to be phoned in/last minute slapped together. Because...

1. The STAR character of an episodic content drop does NOT reward standing/content progressing items/currency? Are you freaking kidding me?

The escapees do. But NOT The Big Guy himself?

2. His loot table is FILLED to the brim with common mods & trash. Why would someone want the Star Character be unrewarding to fight?

3. While designed to avoid Zanuka/G3 syndrome. His scaling was obviously left to automation & not carefully coded. (This would prevent all the whining over fighting him at high levels.)

4. His spawn chance is laughably low. Meaning once again he was tossed in, and left to automation. Otherwise the devs comments that we "should" be sick of encountering him (in terms of frequency) in the final weeks (which we're in) of Nightwave would be true. Ironically, we're all sick of him because he drops literal S#&$ in exchange for 10 minutes of our time.

(Honestly...I wish he just dropped Wolf Turds. Can't be sold. They just sit in the inventory to irritate the player. Spare me the worthless mods. Just troll me directly at this point.)

I can't go a day now without seeing a dank as all hell "The Wolf of Saturn Six is S#&$" or The Wolf of Saturn Six's drop table is S#&$" meme.

His drop table is laughably bad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

His scaling was obviously left to automation & not carefully coded.

I could believe that, the difference between level 30 and level 75 Wolf is like the difference between shooting a Coolant Raknoid and shooting the Profit-taker.

41 minutes ago, Mrevasivepants said:

Higher MR or lower, you're actually expecting people, in this one place that you apparently insist that's where the wolf spawns the most, that bring stuff to LEVEL with to be on par with your efficiency to take down the wolf when most of them are probably there to not do that in the first place. Oh, and in fact, yes I could use your argument. There are many places where people can farm exp, hydron just happens to be one the easiest places to do so, and you keep going there to hunt the wolf with the likelyhood of finding people with little to no good equipment due to the fact they're leveling it and/or bring fast paced/Aoe frames to clear the map faster to farm focus as well. If that's the case, why are you "restricting" yourself by intentionally playing in a place where people bring bad equipment?

First off, wtf are you talking about? Did you just not read what was said, wake up and decide to strawman your way through? Nobody ever claimed that Hydron is where he spawns "the most", and I've clearly said that I'm taking stuff to level there as well as farming focus too. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Right now I'm focusing on MR from primary weapons and focus. So I'm mainly using my frame and melee to kill, and have my kitgun in reserve for the wolf or enemies that take more than a single swipe to kill and if the wolf shows up

That's literally in the same post you quoted. Now can you figure out any reason why I might be doing that in Hydron? Here's a hint: "There are many places where people can farm exp, hydron just happens to be one the easiest places to do so", sound familiar? I hope so. 

And like I said in the past, anyone who goes to level their gear and doesn't have any gear that is capable of contributing to the death toll, is straight up leeching. The fact is that Hydron is in the tail end of the solar system. Anyone with access there can no longer claim to be a full on newb unless they were taken by a friend who played taxi. By that point in the game you can be expected to have at least some gear capable of taking on stronger enemies and you should be able to pull your own weight. If they're going in totally unprepared, that's on them, nobody else. The high crit rad damage that would kill the wolf also makes short work of the Grineer you face in Hydron, and we all gain xp passively from one another's kills. 

And I'm definitely not asking you if people are doing the wolf in Hydron, I'm telling you from personal experience. The pattern is 5 waves and bail, then try again. A bit annoying for me because I am just as happy to go to 10 or 20, but I follow the host or the majority. 

Also my metaphor was justified, because you never specified a single place where the Wolf would spawn the most prior to what I wrote, and thus making your metaphor more accurate with your sudden (allegedly)placement of the boss... you know, like every other boss that pose a challenge are, in their respective place in different planets.

You don't grasp the concept of RNG do you? There are limited spaces where he can't spawn, but beyond that, he shows up all over the place. 

PS: In those 10 games you know how many times the wolf spawned? 0 times. So I didn't level up anything, because I brought my cutting edge weaponry to take him down, I didn't get any resources that I needed, and I didn't get any of the few remaining weapons that I needed to rank up in mastery. 1 Hour of my time wasted for nothing.

Now I know for sure that you really don't understand how probability works. Do yourself a favour and look into his spawn rate. Then come back and let me know what "10 whole runs" was supposed to accomplish. Until then I'm going to be levelling stuff in Hydron and killing the wolf. 

BTW, how many pieces of cutting edge weaponry are you hoping to be able to use on the wolf at the same time? Because right now it's kavat+1 weapon for most people, leaving room for 2 other unranked weapons, not including an amp and archgun.... If you are not able to get anything leveled out of those 4 options, you might just be doing something wrong. 

Good luck with that, Tenno. 

29 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

First off, wtf are you talking about? Did you just not read what was said, wake up and decide to strawman your way through? Nobody ever claimed that Hydron is where he spawns "the most", and I've clearly said that I'm taking stuff to level there as well as farming focus too. 

In our previous talks we were talking about how the irregularity of the wolf spawns does not justify to pick a specific loadout just incase he shows up, you seem to disagree on my take which is fine. My problem is that you specified a place where you encountered the most (so no, in no where that I say that you claim that hydron is where he spawns the most, I just said that you insist on going there to mainly kill him, and leveling up your primary and focus second.)

That's literally in the same post you quoted. Now can you figure out any reason why I might be doing that in Hydron? Here's a hint: "There are many places where people can farm exp, hydron just happens to be one the easiest places to do so", sound familiar? I hope so. 

So... you're taking a fully leveled up warframe, melee, secondary, and companion (likely a kavat), and only your primary to level up. That's hardly the "one backup weapon" loadout that you insist people bring on when they do hydron. Most people who do it take everything unranked except for 1 thing, be it melee, warframe, secondary or primary, only a small amount of people I've seen take nothing to contribute to the table and thus rightly become leeches. While you rightly point out that Hydron is at the tail of the system and thus no one that goes there (except people who get taxi'd, that you once again rightly pointed out.) is a total noob, the wolf is considered to be End game material, and Hydron is very far from being end game, in fact I see as low as MR7 people going there. Having a Boltor prime loaded with crit and rad build is NOT THE SAME as a Rubico prime built the same way, people may not have a hard time to take down the grineers but they'll have a hard time taking down the wolf, which is the whole thing I'm trying to prove.

You don't grasp the concept of RNG do you? There are limited spaces where he can't spawn, but beyond that, he shows up all over the place. 

And apparently you didn't read what you quoted just as well...

Look, at this point I'm not frustrated debating with you, this is turning out to be a good conversation that shows 2 complete different perspectives (while seemingly going at each other's throat.) You're not the only one that goes to Hydron to mainly look for the wolf, many other people do on the rumor(not saying that you follow said rumor) that he spawns mostly there. People point out that he spawns mostly there because people go to Hydron the most. If the wolf could spawn in SO/ESO, I can guarantee you people would make threads and edit the wiki line saying that he spawns in SO, it's just a matter of perspective. I'm very well aware of the concept of RNG, I've played games with RNG worse than this and after finishing High School I understood how probability works, sometimes it favors you sometimes it doesn't.

Now I know for sure that you really don't understand how probability works. Do yourself a favour and look into his spawn rate. Then come back and let me know what "10 whole runs" was supposed to accomplish. Until then I'm going to be levelling stuff in Hydron and killing the wolf. 

The whole point wasn't to prove that he doesn't spawn at all, it was to show you how in just 10 runs, which can easily go up to 1 hour, you can accomplish nothing due to his low spawn rate. Mind you, some other guy could've done the same, went for 10 runs and the wolf appeared on all 10 of them, though the former is more likely to occur with his 6% spawn rate, that's just how probability works. It's quite sad as to how we're reaching this point of the debate and you decide to cheerfully ignore my past train of thought and go ahead claim that I don't know how probability works, and thus calling me stupid. There's no need for such hostility.

BTW, how many pieces of cutting edge weaponry are you hoping to be able to use on the wolf at the same time? Because right now it's kavat+1 weapon for most people, leaving room for 2 other unranked weapons, not including an amp and archgun.... If you are not able to get anything leveled out of those 4 options, you might just be doing something wrong. 

Except you claimed that you only bring 1 thing to rank and the rest is fully ranked, ready to take down the wolf and the grineer with them.

Edited by Mrevasivepants
Forgot to add something

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

But there's the thing that we keep coming back to, we have options. Lots of options. Any of them is better than none. One of them, the archgun, doesn't affect your typical frame loadout at all. 

Right now I'm focusing on MR from primary weapons and focus. So I'm mainly using my frame and melee to kill, and have my kitgun in reserve for the wolf or enemies that take more than a single swipe to kill and if the wolf shows up. 

This isn't the meta. It isn't even the highest rad crit I can lay down per shot. With my chroma and one of my Eidolon hunting loadouts I'd do a lot more damage per hit. But I don't carry those. I'm a filthy casual. I'm in this for fun, not farming. With what I have at my disposal, I chose the option that lets me get the job done in a way that's acceptable to me. 

What in that is reminiscent of taking a frontloader to school everyday? 

A better metaphor for what is going on is going to school with no writing utensils and then being upset that they asked us to jot something down. When asked why they don't have anything to use, they complain that having to carry a writing utensil is restrictive, but really it's because they just couldn't bother to bring a pen, pencil, crayon, marker, highlighter, charred stick, mobile phone with note taking application, wax tablet, sand table, or any of the myriad possible ways of copying it down available to them. 

Again 4 people being able to do even half of the damage that I'm doing isn't an outrageous, or onerous bar to have to cross. But many people in Hydron aren't even coming close from what I'm seeing. Casual (and obviously flawed as it's a sample size that's just too small for comfort) observation suggests that the average is about 1/6th. 

No, I don't expect a newb to be wiping the wolf out in seconds. But most of the people in Hydron are not newbs. Many have much higher MR than I do. The takeaway for me isn't that the wolf is a problem, it's that that people are going in unprepared when they should have lots of options to choose from.

That suggests that it's intentional. Just like your argument suggests that they're choosing not to be "restricted". And if that's the case, then they've got nothing to complain about when the fight is a slog against a bullet sponge that they can't hurt. 

That's how I see it. 

people use hydron to level stuff. as in to level up and try new weapons. how can they do anything when people where use to just bringing just one decent weapon, and making sure to brush off the likes of stalker. now wolfs shoved in their dang faces while they attempt to level up stuff. what do you think is going to happen when that happens? everyones all fine and dandy frolicking in fields of fricking flowers? 

look. your thinking of how yourself and your friends are handling it, and not of how others are handling it. sure wolf can or could be a fun fight but the way his spawn rates work are way too painful. wolf refusing to spawn for people that are ready for him and wolf spawning in missions that are commonly used as leveling areas. 

so stop acting like everyone should be battle ready for wolf at all times 24/7 in order to properly take care of wolf.

Edited by maddragonmaster

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

I could believe that, the difference between level 30 and level 75 Wolf is like the difference between shooting a Coolant Raknoid and shooting the Profit-taker.

Funny thing is. I'm one of the players who doesn't bat an eye at the level 70+ Wolf.

But even I agree with this.

idk Players have to be making themselves unprepared or just not at a point in the game where the Wolf event is really relevant/appropriate for them, or just being foolishly careless with their Equipment options - in order for the Wolf to be a major problem.

if one doesn't feel like they've progressed far enough that the Wolf is appropriate for them, fair enough. if they had just actively made themselves unprepared, then i have no sympathy.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Defense missions say hi, you can't extract on those unless you kill him or literally every single player is downed at the same time so he leaves, which is pretty hard to do if somebody refuses to die and just keeps shooting him for 5 damage at a time.

Ignore him on an interception, if you can. Or in excavation. That's really fun. I can't imagine having a better time than letting him wreak havoc while I try to not get the excavators killed.

Hydron is very bad node to rank up gear now. Everybody just do 5 waves then leaves. Worst yet is when wolf does spawn no one defend the cryopod anymore. Failed the mission far to often to care for the wolf to spawn there. Question to those that are reading this: How many times have you seen the Wolf of saturn six? And how many times have you defeated him? I've seen him a total of ten times so far. Only been able to kill 6 of them. It's not because of the time limit I failed. It's mostly the squad ignoring the mission objective so they can concentrate on the wolf.

2 hours ago, Mrevasivepants said:

In our previous talks we were talking about how the irregularity of the wolf spawns does not justify to pick a specific loadout just incase he shows up, you seem to disagree on my take which is fine. My problem is that you specified a place where you encountered the most (so no, in no where that I say that you claim that hydron is where he spawns the most, I just said that you insist on going there to mainly kill him, and leveling up your primary and focus second.)

No. I encountered him there the most because that's where I have been spending most of my time. Let me restate this very clearly:

7 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Right now I'm focusing on MR from primary weapons and focus. So I'm mainly using my frame and melee to kill, and have my kitgun in reserve for the wolf or enemies that take more than a single swipe to kill and if the wolf shows up.

Since I'm working on both primary weapons and focus right now, it makes perfect sense to me to carry a full loadout with lenses on anything that is fully ranked. I could go with an unranked melee and primary, and just use the kitgun and for killing but that's less focus, (75% vs 55%) so that doesn't make a boat load of sense to me. 

The wolf spawns based on RNG. As long as I'm somewhere that he can spawn, the more runs I make the more I will encounter him. 

So... you're taking a fully leveled up warframe, melee, secondary, and companion (likely a kavat), and only your primary to level up. That's hardly the "one backup weapon" loadout that you insist people bring on when they do hydron. Most people who do it take everything unranked except for 1 thing, be it melee, warframe, secondary or primary, only a small amount of people I've seen take nothing to contribute to the table and thus rightly become leeches. While you rightly point out that Hydron is at the tail of the system and thus no one that goes there (except people who get taxi'd, that you once again rightly pointed out.) is a total noob, the wolf is considered to be End game material, and Hydron is very far from being end game, in fact I see as low as MR7 people going there. Having a Boltor prime loaded with crit and rad build is NOT THE SAME as a Rubico prime built the same way, people may not have a hard time to take down the grineers but they'll have a hard time taking down the wolf, which is the whole thing I'm trying to prove.

See above for why it doesn't invalidate the fact that you need only one good backup weapon to get the job done. 

As far as endgame and Sedna, the last time I checked the only MR restriction for entry into the hallowed halls of endgame is MR 5 for the junction. Beyond that it's all various levels of power creep. While I acknowledge that there is a mixed bag from single digit MR up to the high 20s, my experience (again I readily admit that it's too small a sample size for comfort) still tells me that many people are woefully unprepared no matter what their MR. 

And yes at MR16 I do have quite a few nice goodies in my bag that give me options that others may not have. But as I said previously, making 50% of the damage I'm doing doesn't take expensive mods. Heck some of my expensive mods are not maxed out because I just don't have the endo. I can do more raw radiation damage at the cost of some crit chance and crit multiplier. Even a good arca plasmor will make a dent in him. 

There are a lot of options to choose from but many people are choosing "none". Like I said, that shows intent. 

And apparently you didn't read what you quoted just as well...

Look, at this point I'm not frustrated debating with you, this is turning out to be a good conversation that shows 2 complete different perspectives (while seemingly going at each other's throat.) You're not the only one that goes to Hydron to mainly look for the wolf, many other people do on the rumor(not saying that you follow said rumor) that he spawns mostly there. People point out that he spawns mostly there because people go to Hydron the most. If the wolf could spawn in SO/ESO, I can guarantee you people would make threads and edit the wiki line saying that he spawns in SO, it's just a matter of perspective. I'm very well aware of the concept of RNG, I've played games with RNG worse than this and after finishing High School I understood how probability works, sometimes it favors you sometimes it doesn't.

Good grief. The point is that if his spawns are RNG, then nobody can say "this is where he will spawn". That's why nobody would say that he spawns primarily on Hydron, and why I didn't say what you claim I said. I told you very clearly that I've been doing runs on Hydron for the primaries and the focus, and that I encounter him there. In this case "cum hoc ergo propter hoc" really does apply, but you went out on your own limb thinking that because I encounter him there most often, that's where he's most likely to appear. That was all you, mate. 

And yes if he was able to spawn in the sanctuary, I'd probably try to do it there, but that means going full "A game", probably in a preformed group. Because I'd suspect that he needs to die in under 2 minutes or I'm not going to get the reward. 

The whole point wasn't to prove that he doesn't spawn at all, it was to show you how in just 10 runs, which can easily go up to 1 hour, you can accomplish nothing due to his low spawn rate. Mind you, some other guy could've done the same, went for 10 runs and the wolf appeared on all 10 of them, though the former is more likely to occur with his 6% spawn rate, that's just how probability works. It's quite sad as to how we're reaching this point of the debate and you decide to cheerfully ignore my past train of thought and go ahead claim that I don't know how probability works, and thus calling me stupid. There's no need for such hostility.

When spawn rate is less than or equal 6% the probability of having even one spawn in 10 runs remains slim. Do 1000 runs and see if you run into him 60 times instead. So yes if you did 10 runs and were commenting on the rarity of his spawns based on such a tiny sample set, it does appear that you really don't grasp how probability works. 

Now if you want to do the grind more rapidly, by all means, do captures, or something else that you can finish rapidly, maybe fissures if you want to improve your rewards. But as I said, that wasn't my aim in Hydron. I have weeks worth of time to blast him into oblivion I'm using my time to do what I figure will benefit me the most. In the mean time, I expect to see him roughly 6% of the time in the long run, so I am going in prepared to kill him, and any other enemies because that makes sense. Going in completely unprepared when we have options, does not make sense. Especially because he has a low spawn rate. 

Except you claimed that you only bring 1 thing to rank and the rest is fully ranked, ready to take down the wolf and the grineer with them.

How many times am I going to have to say that I am also farming focus, while levelling those primaries?

Do you really think that a Rhino with Zenurik really needs more than one well built weapon to cope on Hydron when he can roar and stomp to nuke the majority of the enemies all day long? 😅

But if I do that he gets all of the focus and nothing ranks up. If I don't do it and carry my setup, the primary weapon ranks up for 25% (instead of 35%) and I can gain focus for 75% (instead of 60%) through affinity. 

And again, how many weapons do you think I can make simultaneous use of? There kitgun really is enough to take him on in a reasonable time frame. But if everyone can pitch in for even half of the damage the whole thing would just go that much faster. 

2 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

people use hydron to level stuff. as in to level up and try new weapons. how can they do anything when people where use to just bringing just one decent weapon, and making sure to brush off the likes of stalker. now wolfs shoved in their dang faces while they attempt to level up stuff. what do you think is going to happen when that happens? everyones all fine and dandy frolicking in fields of fricking flowers? 

Scroll up. You quoted me saying that I'm on Hydron to level my weapon and grind focus. And I can use the one good weapon that wipes out the Stalker, syndicate squads, the wolf and every single Grineer unit stupid enough to spawn in the map without a white flag, begging for mercy. 

What do I expect? That people adapt to the situation. It's a lot more effective than whining about it. 

look. your thinking of how yourself and your friends are handling it, and not of how others are handling it. sure wolf can or could be a fun fight but the way his spawn rates work are way too painful. wolf refusing to spawn for people that are ready for him and wolf spawning in missions that are commonly used as leveling areas. 

RNG. It's a thing. 

so stop acting like everyone should be battle ready for wolf at all times 24/7 in order to properly take care of wolf.

One good weapon of your choice. Just one. So you can get up high, aim at the waypoint and blast away, or so you can run up to the bastard and face tank him, or turn invisible, drop spectres and lace him with whatever you brought while his goons are distracted. 

But FFS do stop pretending that being willfully completely unprepared is a good idea. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Scroll up. You quoted me saying that I'm on Hydron to level my weapon and grind focus. And I can use the one good weapon that wipes out the Stalker, syndicate squads, the wolf and every single Grineer unit stupid enough to spawn in the map without a white flag, begging for mercy. 

What do I expect? That people adapt to the situation. It's a lot more effective than whining about it. 

yet your ensuing its all the new players or other less prepared players fault that wolf is harassing them or the fact he takes too long to fight. after all i did point out that your thinking about how you would do it not how someone else would do it. going with the "he isn't so bad if you do this or this...."  

this is why i quoted your whole comment. because the whole thing goes out the window when you try to put the blame entirely on the new or unprepared players rather then spread out the blame.

sure the players could be more prepared but how do you do that exactly if there is a brick wall named wolf in your way preventing you from preparing yourself to prepare for him?

5 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Honestly this is why I personally think DE didn't really think through The Wolf of Saturn Six & I believe they are being stubborn or prideful.

They don't want to admit that they phoned it in ; created an absolutely terrible encounter with even worse loot.

And it's got to be phoned in/last minute slapped together. Because...

1. The STAR character of an episodic content drop does NOT reward standing/content progressing items/currency? Are you freaking kidding me?

The escapees do. But NOT The Big Guy himself?

2. His loot table is FILLED to the brim with common mods & trash. Why would someone want the Star Character be unrewarding to fight?

3. While designed to avoid Zanuka/G3 syndrome. His scaling was obviously left to automation & not carefully coded. (This would prevent all the whining over fighting him at high levels.)

4. His spawn chance is laughably low. Meaning once again he was tossed in, and left to automation. Otherwise the devs comments that we "should" be sick of encountering him (in terms of frequency) in the final weeks (which we're in) of Nightwave would be true. Ironically, we're all sick of him because he drops literal S#&$ in exchange for 10 minutes of our time.

(Honestly...I wish he just dropped Wolf Turds. Can't be sold. They just sit in the inventory to irritate the player. Spare me the worthless mods. Just troll me directly at this point.)

I can't go a day now without seeing a dank as all hell "The Wolf of Saturn Six is S#&$" or The Wolf of Saturn Six's drop table is S#&$" meme.

His drop table is laughably bad.

Its depressing but im starting to think this myself...

'We'll be sick of him by the end of the series with how much he spawns' (not a direct quote but its basically what Steve said on that Dev Stream)... we'll yeah you better believe im god damn sick of him,.. but its because of the complete opposite of Steves statement.

In the last week ive seen him once, and all i got was ANOTHER Spinning Needle... i swear thats basically the only mod he drops for me. In the entire nightwave so far and ive been playing since half way through week 1 ive seen the bastard around 12-13 times, twice he spawned while in extraction and picking relics and one time he bugged out and just vanished after a host migration... ive had a Head and BP drop from him only, while the rest of his drops have been god damn Spinning Needles and a couple of Elemental mods.

What really annoys me though the most is when i DO see him its in a stupid burst of 3-4 spawns in the space of a few hours in one day then a week or two dry spell (and most of these bursts happen right after a major patch like the PoE remaster patch). I can handle the guy easily solo or in a group and can smash him in less than 30 seconds with my rad parasecis and smeeta no sweat but I actually WANT to fight him damn it...

As a long time player with basically everything in the game mastered, an item like the Wolf Sledge is all i really have as a reason to actually log in and play (gotta collect em all)... but that reason to play is smashed to hell and back when I feel like im being forced into a daily 8 hour non stop mission grind fest just to get that one item I dont have... and my desire to play is seriously seriously beginning to dwindle, wolf sledge be damned.

(ive even been trying to justify the time and grind ive spent by combing it with my farming of the Brakk, a gun ive yet to get after 4+ years of trying... god damn reciever, and ive seen the G3 more than ive seen the wolf over this nightwave and ive still not gotten that god damn Reciever to drop... which just compounds my frustration and desire to flip the table and stop playing)

Im seriously begining to think that syndicate spawns and regular fugitive spawns and Assassin marks all interfere with the Wolfs Spawn chance... what if the wolf is a rare fugitive spawn? ie you not only have to get a fugitive spawn (which for me has gotten rarer and rarer the long Nightwave progresses (logic!)) but then also have to get that rng role of the fugitive spawn upgrading to a Wolf spawn?.. and given im assuming you cant have two assassins spawning in the same mission if you have marks you're just running your chances for the Wolf.

sorry just had to vent somewhere... personally havent had a team abort on me with a Wolf spawn yet (probably since when he shows up i rekt him before people panic and leave), but lets just say id harm objects on my computer desk if a team abort from the Wolf cost me a chance at fighting him... thats how much this Wolf spawn BS is getting to me.

Edit:- see this is WF rng in a nut shell...  4+ years trying to get the Brakk receiver.. and i just got a g3 in a mission, and it dropped both another barrel AND the receiver... and they downed the host who was about to leave the mission which would have screwed up the drops more than likely or kicked me to the orbiter since there was only us two in the mission..

Edited by ColPresumptuous
  • Like 2

I still fight him.  I just wish the fight was at least a little more interesting.  If he happened in waves and did more interesting attacks and stuff.  One thing DE is NOT good at is creating engaging boss fights. I would love it if they took a page or two from some games that are well known for their fun boss fights.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MisterHooks said:

Anytime the Wolf Spawns, I start screaming IRL "WOLF WOLF WOLF" and pray he's either on me or my teammates have the common sense to mark it so I can get to it quickly.

Give me your MASK. 

Dont remind me of the Mask... Im trying to mentally ignore it otherwise its just another 'nothing else to do but get it... must get it!', at least its only cosmetic with no impact on the game... *slaps face hard* ignore the mask *slaps face again*

Welp I ran into him at level 18 earlier with a MR3 Excalibur as my only ally, who got smashed by him twice and then ran away.

I as Baruuk with a Baza and Desert Wind took him down in about a minute or two, but the dramatic difference between low level and high level Wolf is 100% everything wrong with how enemy scaling works in Warframe.

If he were able to suffer slash and viral damage he'd go down as fast as any other Grineer, hell any boss would go down from status effortlessly if it weren't for status immunity.

So status is overpowered against enemies so they prevent that, in Arbys they prevent abilities, the only thing left they can prevent players from doing to prevent endgame tier players from nuking things in seconds is making enemies crit proof too. Its absurd that everything is broken to the point where the only way to present any difficulty is making them immune to almost everything.

6 hours ago, Aldain said:

Inb4 about 7 people saying "He's easy if you use -insanely min-maxed build- git gud scrub"

Cause that's what is about to happen, it happens every time without fail. It seems just not right to not like the Wolf around here.

Isn't the feedback forum fun? >_>

I mean, "it's good as it is" is feedback too, you know?

It seems to me the main issue with the wolf is that he has the stats and the spawn chance of a rare special encounter while having the drop table of a regular boss that you're supposed to farm repeatedly. DE needs to make up its mind about what he's supposed to be and then make him that, one or the other. Either make him drop his stuff reliably or let us fight him when and how often we want. This "worst of both worlds" approach really hasn't worked.

2 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

How many times have you seen the Wolf of saturn six? And how many times have you defeated him?

Not really counting, but probably about ten. Killed all of them pretty easily, especially before the Magus Lockdown nerf.

It seems to me people don't really know what they want. "There's no challenge!" Okay, here's a tough enemy. "OMG he's too hard, I can't kill him, this is stupid." Damned if you do, damned if you don't, apparently.

Edited by SordidDreams

25 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

It seems to me people don't really know what they want. "There's no challenge!" Okay, here's a tough enemy. "OMG he's too hard, I can't kill him, this is stupid." Damned if you do, damned if you don't, apparently.

If The Wolf didn't ignore just about every ability, have an insane amount of HP, be immune to almost everything, then I don't think folks would be all that upset by him.  But now, not only is he a pain in the butt, his buddies are invincible and can take you out with no trouble.  And even then, if you beat him, he gives basically nothing most of the time.  It's honestly not worth your time to mess with.  If the rewards for the fight justified the time/effort needed to defeat him, then more people would do it.  However, that's not the case.  Even high level wolf dudes are worth it since they give Wolf Rep and that's way more than you'll get fighting The Wolf most of the time.

The rewards don't justify the time required to take him down.

That said, I'm all for enemies to show up in my missions and add in some extra chaos, but not this.  The Wolf is needlessly a pain in the butt and it takes the fun out of the game when he shows up.

I have to say at this point I've had The Wolf show up in my missions more times than I can even count.  The last time was in a Hydron defense mission.  Let me tell you, that wasn't pretty.  Why his buddies have to be invincible I'll never know.  I would have hoped that DE would fix this, but they haven't and don't seem to be willing to even discuss it.  That's the most frustrating part of this whole thing, to be honest.

3 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

yet your ensuing its all the new players or other less prepared players fault that wolf is harassing them or the fact he takes too long to fight. after all i did point out that your thinking about how you would do it not how someone else would do it. going with the "he isn't so bad if you do this or this...."  

Wolf doesn't harass anyone. He has a fixed spawn rate, and that's all that it does, follow the rules of RNG. Cognitive bias means that for people who are unprepared his spawn seems to be major event and they blame it on being unprepared. That's not how this works. 

this is why i quoted your whole comment. because the whole thing goes out the window when you try to put the blame entirely on the new or unprepared players rather then spread out the blame.

New players, get my sympathy. Just like they get it for Stalker showing up or the Syndicate goon squads. For them anything beyond the ordinary might mean instant death. That's probably why DE made it so lower level missions have a significantly lower spawn rate. 

Unprepared players who have options on the other hand? No. Because unlike you, I believe in their agency. They can prepare for the chance of arrival especially since the radiation damage, also works well on most stuff in the game. 

sure the players could be more prepared but how do you do that exactly if there is a brick wall named wolf in your way preventing you from preparing yourself to prepare for him?

First because that brick wall only has a 6% maximum chance of showing up in level 20+ missions. So the vast majority of the time, it's not preventing anyone from doing anything no matter how much you want to try passing off that acorn as a piece of the sky that fell on your head. 

And second because we know that there are places where he cannot spawn at all. Try visiting Simaris in the relay, Wolf doesn't show up in the sanctuary and it's  even more efficient for xp or focus grinding. You can go to either Orb Vallis or the Plains and grind your heart out. Assisnate missions, yeah you're fine. Syndicate missions, he can't show up. Or you can focus on the lower level missions with only a 4% chance of seeing him. 

BTW the "he isn't so bad if you" is followed by "go in having chosen one of the many options to prepare for him."

Give it a try.