Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

It makes you not having to just stand in front of him doing nothing but shoot. Which is what we do right now. Shoot, shoot, ocassional evading, shoot, shoot. Rinse and repeat.

And shoot, shoot, void blast, shoot, shoot is better... how, exactly?

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

This is another completely different matter, as I said before. The difficulty and the spawn are two different things to discuss.

They're very much related. If you want learnable difficulty, you need to provide the opportunities to actually learn it.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

To many players, the gremlings are a bigger threat than the harmless wolf. They can destroy excavators or cryopods, they can oneshot you...

That's exactly why you run away from them. They can't teleport to you, the Wolf can. It's laughably easy to evade them and separate the Wolf from them even without using CC abilities.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Again, this have been used in a lot of games already and I never saw anyone talking about inconsistency.

Then you haven't been paying attention, because people complain about it in every single game that uses it.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

If a skill lasts for, say, 20 seconds the first time you use it and every time after that one, it lasts for a 25% less, there is no inconsistency at all.

Except for the inconsistency of lasting 25% less every time you use it, as I already explained.

So, basically, what we have now. A boss that can be fought while standing still and shooting.

I'd love to see you kill a DS boss while standing still. Please, do try and record the attempt.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

I think your idea of difficulty is just a boss where you don't have to do anything, just shoot as fast as you can to kill him fast.

Then you clearly fail to understand the very simple words I'm using to explain myself.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Again, I think your idea of difficulty is just a boss where you don't have to do anything, just shoot as fast as you can to kill him fast. How that provides a challenge, I don't know.

I'm beginning to wonder if the only reason why people think the Wolf is difficult isn't because he's difficult for THEM, but rather they enjoy hearing people complain about him being boring to fight and a 15-20 minute slog of a fight.

I don't want to believe it, but its getting suspicious with how many people are just saying "don't change him" and nothing else.

Just now, SordidDreams said:

And shoot, shoot, void blast, shoot, shoot is better... how, exactly?

Have you read the rest of my idea? is not just void blast. But if you want to trivialize it by thinking that's all what I said, that's ok for you, I guess.

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

They're very much related. If you want learnable difficulty, you need to provide the opportunities to actually learn it.

I completely agree. The wofl should have a different spawn way/rate. Something in the lines of the acolytes, or with a beacon that you earn by capturing X number of fugitives, or by having a node... Whatever works better than this right now.

2 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

That's exactly why you run away from them. They can't teleport to you, the Wolf can. It's laughably easy to evade them and separate the Wolf from them even without using CC abilities.

In an open map. Try to do that on Hydron.

2 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Then you haven't been paying attention, because people complain about it in every single game that uses it.

That some people complains about it doesn't mean that everybody does. You can't make happy everyone while designing a game.

3 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Except for the inconsistency of lasting 25% less every time you use it, as I already explained.

It's a fixed amount of reduction every time. I see no inconsistency, it's not rng at all, but a fixed parameter. Adaptative armour, adaptation mod... They provide similar things, is that inconsistency too?

4 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I'd love to see you kill a DS boss while standing still. Please, do try and record the attempt.

Yeah, but this game is no DS at all. If you think Lephantis is the most DS like boss we have, then I'm afraid you haven't seen a chroma just stand still while shooting at him every time he opens the mouth. In this game, where there are frames absurdly strong and that can be modded to resist enemies way stronger than the wolf, making an enemy with "strong attacks" will only mean that in due time, there will be a frame able to stand still and shoot at him.

6 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Then you clearly fail to understand the very simple words I'm using to explain myself.

No, you still haven't explained what is difficult for you in this game. Other than saying "a DS like boss with telegraphed attacks". We have those and people can stand in front of them without any problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the only reason why people think the Wolf is difficult isn't because he's difficult for THEM, but rather they enjoy hearing people complain about him being boring to fight and a 15-20 minute slog of a fight.

I don't want to believe it, but its getting suspicious with how many people are just saying "don't change him" and nothing else.

To be fair, he's not difficult at all. He's just annoying. People don't seem to know the difference between difficult/challenging and annoying tho. He's annoying for how long it takes to kill him. But he presents zero challenge to a properly equiped frame. Nothing on him makes him difficult except the large health pool. And as I'm saying for a while already, more HP doesn't mean more difficult.

• Like 1

Just now, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Have you read the rest of my idea? is not just void blast. But if you want to trivialize it by thinking that's all what I said, that's ok for you, I guess.

Have you noticed that I did address the rest of your ideas? But if you want to ignore that and just focus on this one thing, that's ok for you, I guess.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

In an open map. Try to do that on Hydron.

Still easy.

That some people complains about it doesn't mean that everybody does. You can't make happy everyone while designing a game. 

That some people complain about the current Wolf doesn't mean that everybody does either. And yeah, I agree you can't make everyone happy. Which is why the complaints about the Wolf should be mostly ignored.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

It's a fixed amount of reduction every time. I see no inconsistency, it's not rng at all, but a fixed parameter. Adaptative armour, adaptation mod... They provide similar things, is that inconsistency too? 

Yes, obviously. Adaptation is incredibly annoying, because your damage reduction can go from 90% to 0% in an instant without you noticing, leading to a one-shot you couldn't do a damn thing about. Adaptive armor only does two things, it makes things take longer to die, which is equivalent to a simple HP increase, and it makes you use your operator once in a while, which to my mind is a negative.

Yeah, but this game is no DS at all.

That's why I'm saying it should be. DS does a lot of things very right, boss fights in particular.

If you think Lephantis is the most DS like boss we have, then I'm afraid you haven't seen a chroma just stand still while shooting at him every time he opens the mouth.

That's a problem with Chroma, not Lephantis.

He's annoying for how long it takes to kill him. But he presents zero challenge to a properly equiped frame.

He presents zero challenge for any frame that knows how to dodge roll. If it weren't for the unkillable mooks throwing molotovs he'd be as ineffective as he was before they forced them together.

I ran into him back when he was solo on a defense mission, he was level 86 and literally could not hit any of the 4 of us at hydron unless we shut our brains off and stood still.

The issue is that there's nothing you can do in Warframe to make a Melee locked boss difficult, case in point, the Shadow Stalker, who is worse than the ranged capable normal Stalker.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

oh yeah he has a 6% spawn rate like the many many many times where i showed up with a fully geared chroma armed to the teeth in some random mission only to attempt to level a hydroid prime later and that guy end up showing up catching me off guard. yeah yeah truly fixed spawn rate.  in matter of fact stalker visited on another run of me leveling hydroid. and i think one more wolf.

isn't the whole bit of attracting or increasing the dang spawn rate of wolf or stalker having unleveled gear in the dang system to increase their spawn rate? aka a way someone gets caught unprepared.

Cognitive bias. I've never been unprepared to meet him, and have met him repeatedly. The spawn rate is low but the law of large numbers seems to be holding true. Consider how many runs you've made in places he can spawn since the last update and how many times you have encountered him.

BTW, The Stalker was also foolish enough to visit me recently and the same loadout made minced meat out of him. If the Zanuka Hunter shows up, I'll have collected the entire set. 😆

18 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

and if he is spawning around 20+ levels shouldn't he be made manageable in THAT level?  i mean just imagine running a level 20 mission minding your business and the wolf comes with a level 60-85 and howls and freight trains you then disappear. although if i remember when i was in that one party i was leveling hydroid prime in that wolf persisted after killing i think a few players a few times. so yeah. wolf is harassing players that are busy leveling.

He scales with level. If you are afraid of the big bad wolf, then maybe you can consider sticking to the lower levels, since you are showing that you 1) occasionally find yourself unprepared to deal with him at higher levels, 2) aren't able to grasp that there are "safe spaces" available to you for rapidly level gear, and 3) apparently aren't able to make use of your environment and abilities, to stay out of the way of his attacks?

Also if you only want to face his weaker self, solo is the way to go. 

Enjoy, Tenno. 

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

Also Inaros, Valkyr, Nekros, Excalibur Umbra, Hildryn, any frame that doesn't instantly explode when hit really.

Getting hit by Lephantis basically requires standing still as well, so yeah, its a Lephantis issue, the whole fight is just casually moving to avoid knockdowns and shooting pink damage zones.

Every single boss in Warframe suffers from the same issue, they are either complete jokes (Sargent, Vor, Phorid) damage gated bullet sponges (Lephantis, Kela De Thaym Lech Kril) or awkwardly designed bosses that rely on hitting specific tiny points in available timeframes to deal damage (Vay Hek, Sargas Ruk, Razorback).

Bosses aren't Warframe's strong suit, the Wolf is just another notch in the Warframe doorframe for mediocre, badly designed boss fights.

22 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Have you noticed that I did address the rest of your ideas? But if you want to ignore that and just focus on this one thing, that's ok for you, I guess.

Well, I was responding to you, who started by reducing everything to this point. But ok?

Still easy.

Zero explanation. Good.

That some people complain about the current Wolf doesn't mean that everybody does either. And yeah, I agree you can't make everyone happy. Which is why the complaints about the Wolf should be mostly ignored.

Except it's not "some people complaining about wolf" but posts in the forum every single day asking for him to be adressed? You know, if every now and then someone complains about something, you can say that it should be ignored. But if every day there's people talking about it, maybe there's something to be done. In fact, they already nerfed him a bit. Prove that complains shouldn't be ignored because they are not as small as you want to believe.

Yes, obviously. Adaptation is incredibly annoying, because your damage reduction can go from 90% to 0% in an instant without you noticing, leading to a one-shot you couldn't do a damn thing about. Adaptive armor only does two things, it makes things take longer to die, which is equivalent to a simple HP increase, and it makes you use your operator once in a while, which to my mind is a negative.

Which comes again to the same point: difficulty is not having to worry about anything at all, just shooting harder. It really looks obvious why this game is suffering always more about the powercreep issue and how they are making always more useless the few CC that were still useful.

That's why I'm saying it should be. DS does a lot of things very right, boss fights in particular.

You have chosen your game wrongly then. This game is not and will never be as DS. That you think they should make it into a DS game is ludicrous. They have nothing in common and that's good. They are different games and if you expect that kind of game in warframe, you clearly are mistaken here. It's like saying that this game should have a building system ala minecraft.

That Chroma has a problem in this game is true. But the point is that, even if wasn't chroma the one, in this game, that kind of difficulty won't work because of how the game itself is. That's why you need to offer difficulty in a different way than the usual "increase hp and damage". Because sooner or later, one will arrive to the point where that only means taking more time to kill him, but doesn't add any kind of challenge.

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aldain said:

He presents zero challenge for any frame that knows how to dodge roll. If it weren't for the unkillable mooks throwing molotovs he'd be as ineffective as he was before they forced them together.

I ran into him back when he was solo on a defense mission, he was level 86 and literally could not hit any of the 4 of us at hydron unless we shut our brains off and stood still.

The issue is that there's nothing you can do in Warframe to make a Melee locked boss difficult, case in point, the Shadow Stalker, who is worse than the ranged capable normal Stalker.

You can't make them more difficult maybe, but at least you can add some mechanics to make the fight require at least some attention. I mean, if you look at Kela, yeah, she's damage gated. But you need to pay some attention to things like shooting the targets. Vay Hek requires you to somehow aim (at least once), Lech Krill requires you to shoot at a different point first, during an opening, to destroy the suit... Yes, they are not difficult, but they at least require you to do "something". But the wolf? Not even that. Just stand still and shoot. It's just a sergeant with a larger health pool.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Cognitive bias.

Yup, our brains are hardwired to make excuses for our failures, so it's really hard for any of us to take an objective view of a situation in which we failed. I've seen him a few times, both solo and public, and more often whilst I'm in my best frame.

I think a lot of people tend to farm missions where he doesn't appear or rush through the mission so quickly he doesn't get chance. If he's using the same appearance mechanics as the Stalker then you need to wait for around 4 minutes. I find he appears more often on missions I've decided to loot extensively.

• Like 1

You can't make them more difficult maybe, but at least you can add some mechanics to make the fight require at least some attention. I mean, if you look at Kela, yeah, she's damage gated. But you need to pay some attention to things like shooting the targets. Vay Hek requires you to somehow aim (at least once), Lech Krill requires you to shoot at a different point first, during an opening, to destroy the suit... Yes, they are not difficult, but they at least require you to do "something". But the wolf? Not even that. Just stand still and shoot. It's just a sergeant with a larger health pool.

The worst part about the Wolf is that his only notable mechanic is that his only true weak point is his eyeball, which is smaller than Vay Hek's head, on top of that his head takes less damage if you miss this weak point, which will almost always happen because his animations are exaggerated and his pathing suffers from the same problem of all other enemies, jumping up and down levels, changing targets every few seconds and doing his spin attack constantly.

Why even make a weak point if hitting it isn't worth the hassle and shooting him in center mass is usually more effective?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Cognitive bias. I've never been unprepared to meet him, and have met him repeatedly. The spawn rate is low but the law of large numbers seems to be holding true. Consider how many runs you've made in places he can spawn since the last update and how many times you have encountered him.

BTW, The Stalker was also foolish enough to visit me recently and the same loadout made minced meat out of him. If the Zanuka Hunter shows up, I'll have collected the entire set. 😆

He scales with level. If you are afraid of the big bad wolf, then maybe you can consider sticking to the lower levels, since you are showing that you 1) occasionally find yourself unprepared to deal with him at higher levels, 2) aren't able to grasp that there are "safe spaces" available to you for rapidly level gear, and 3) apparently aren't able to make use of your environment and abilities, to stay out of the way of his attacks?

Also if you only want to face his weaker self, solo is the way to go. 

Enjoy, Tenno. 

to be honest i don't think you know what rng is either. it just does what it wants when it wants and will often do what is the opposite of what you expect. when you expect something should be easy to get it takes for ever to get and when you expect it to be difficult to get it doesn't much to get it.

to be honest i rather fight wolf with a super soaker then argue with you because you act like you are always right and everyone else is wrong.

2 minutes ago, AndyBeans said:

Yup, our brains are hardwired to make excuses for our failures, so it's really hard for any of us to take an objective view of a situation in which we failed. I've seen him a few times, both solo and public, and more often whilst I'm in my best frame.

I think a lot of people tend to farm missions where he doesn't appear or rush through the mission so quickly he doesn't get chance. If he's using the same appearance mechanics as the Stalker then you need to wait for around 4 minutes. I find he appears more often on missions I've decided to loot extensively.

i almost exclusively run eris dark sector survival missions and he has never showed up once and then he proceeds to show up when i am leveling my hydroid on hydron. this is not so much of him never showing up but only showing up when you aren't geared to the teeth.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The worst part about the Wolf is that his only notable mechanic is that his only true weak point is his eyeball, which is smaller than Vay Hek's head, on top of that his head takes less damage if you miss this weak point, which will almost always happen because his animations are exaggerated and his pathing suffers from the same problem of all other enemies, jumping up and down levels, changing targets every few seconds and doing his spin attack constantly.

Why even make a weak point if hitting it isn't worth the hassle and shooting him in center mass is usually more effective?

All of this can be answer with a single reason: he's a poorly designed boss. As simple as that. And as of today, I refuse to lose my time trying to fight him. And I also refuse to buy the hammer with my platinum. I already gave up on farming him and don't regret anything.

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

100 percent serious. 

Anyone who doesn't understand how it works isn't understanding what RNG is. 

I give up, i completely give up with your pointless, and unaffordable argument.

It is obvious to me that at this point you're just poking at everyone's nerves just so you can get a giggle out of it.

You show no respect to those who are playing the game for fun. You keep going at the majority of other people's problem and indirectly call them "losers"(for lack of a better term) by making, what at this point it looks like you're doing, fun of those that go on with a loadout and the wolf shows up to ruin their day because, again, 6% is not a justifiable number to have a loadout against him.

We've had our backs and fronts at each other and through this debate I've reconsidered the option of lowering his tankyness to just put him in a specific place where people can just encounter him there and nowhere else so that their game isn't ruined. Yet you show absolutely no respect to anyone else's claims and opinions except of your own.

From now on I'll just completely ignored whatever you have to say, your opinion is still of course valid, but your insipid attitude towards everyone else who shows a clear disdain towards this bad approach of game design makes it hard for anyone having to agree with you.

This is an argument that its suppose to be taken seriously for the sake of future gameplay, and you're just here to throw salt at people's wounds, I pray that I never, ever have to read an illegit and straight up ridiculous comment from you ever again.

Good day.

• Like 2

All of this can be answer with a single reason: he's a poorly designed boss. As simple as that. And as of today, I refuse to lose my time trying to fight him. And I also refuse to buy the hammer with my platinum. I already gave up on farming him and don't regret anything.

Yep, only time I kill him is if he shows up on some low level relic mission where a bunch of MR1-3s are the only allies I have, not gonna let the Wolf ruin those newbies experience.

2 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

to be honest i don't think you know what rng is either. it just does what it wants when it wants and will often do what is the opposite of what you expect. when you expect something should be easy to get it takes for ever to get and when you expect it to be difficult to get it doesn't much to get it.

That's literally what random events are supposed to be like. They're "random". 

3 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

to be honest i rather fight wolf with a super soaker then argue with you because you act like you are always right and everyone else is wrong.

Just make sure that it's dealing high radiation damage and build for high crits and you'll be fine as long as you aren't aiming for his head. 

6 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

I almost exclusively run eris dark sector survival missions and he has never showed up once and then he proceeds to show up when i am leveling my hydroid on hydron. this is not so much of him never showing up but only showing up when you aren't geared to the teeth.

How many have you run since the last update? Have you been bailing after 5 minutes and retrying? Did any other special enemies show up, like the Juggernaut or whatever? 

Yeah i hate the wolf. And you are right most of the boss fights are not good.

Eidolons are super fun tho, that one they nailed but then they made the Orb fights in venus, which were a big oof if u ask me.

I mean i don't want them to just make another eidolon like boss cuz that already exists but something similar. And bigger isn't always better (looking at you Profit-Taker/Exploiter Orb) 

I mean it is hard to balance a game that has so many variables from weapons to frames then mods and the number of players that are playing like that also makes a huge difference.

It's not easy making bosses in warframe and i do feel like they have trapped them self's with the mod system which is fine if the values wasn't so high i mean that is the reason why bosses have annoying invulnerable phases (i'm pretty sure that's the reason or transition/cutscene reason). But seeing those high values is satisfying AF (and then wolf comes and ruins your day)

Yup, it's a mess but it's not my mess. I still love the game for many of it's parts.

I doubt this issue can be solved without making many people mad. Long going games tend to get this inbalance issue over time.

And that's when u make warframe 2... just kidding. But i do wonder what they would do differently if they were to make a new warframe/remake it (just hypothetically).

I'm sure the idea has crossed over Steve's mind (not that he could do that even if he wanted to). I'd like to hear what he would say.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's literally what random events are supposed to be like. They're "random". 

Just make sure that it's dealing high radiation damage and build for high crits and you'll be fine as long as you aren't aiming for his head. 

How many have you run since the last update? Have you been bailing after 5 minutes and retrying? Did any other special enemies show up, like the Juggernaut or whatever? 

a dozen upon dozens. its my favorite running ground of jump in a solo instance with my umbra forma'ed chroma with tatsu, and what ever flavor of fire arms i am running at the moment in order to loose some steam and turn my brain off.  there are points where juggernaut has a better track record then wolf or stalker. cause even if i extracted at 5 mins and go into another run they dont show up... ever! 

so tell me how can you fight wolf when your ready when he never shows up when your ready and only shows up when your unready? thats the basic fricking story with me and wolf the whole entirety of these 2 weeks. i wait for those 5 mins and he never shows up yet when i level a dang frame and not have most of my good stuff he shows up. on point i might add.

Edited by maddragonmaster
more spelling error.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mrevasivepants said:

I give up, i completely give up with your pointless, and unaffordable argument.

It is obvious to me that at this point you're just poking at everyone's nerves just so you can get a giggle out of it.

You show no respect to those who are playing the game for fun. You keep going at the majority of other people's problem and indirectly call them "losers"(for lack of a better term) by making, what at this point it looks like you're doing, fun of those that go on with a loadout and the wolf shows up to ruin their day because, again, 6% is not a justifiable number to have a loadout against him.

We've had our backs and fronts at each other and through this debate I've reconsidered the option of lowering his tankyness to just put him in a specific place where people can just encounter him there and nowhere else so that their game isn't ruined. Yet you show absolutely no respect to anyone else's claims and opinions except of your own.

From now on I'll just completely ignored whatever you have to say, your opinion is still of course valid, but your insipid attitude towards everyone else who shows a clear disdain towards this bad approach of game design makes it hard for anyone having to agree with you.

This is an argument that its suppose to be taken seriously for the sake of future gameplay, and you're just here to throw salt at people's wounds, I pray that I never, ever have to read an illegit and straight up ridiculous comment from you ever again.

Good day.

Whatever you say buddy. Because I have made suggestions for increasing his spawn rate and how to deal with him when he does spawn. I favour a beacon system where it drops from the fugitives, because that way people can spawn him where and when they please that would possibly make the fight scalable for the newbs so nobody can go on to whine about him being too high or low a level for them. 

If your definition of "fun" is going into a fight unprepared and then whining about it, or making repeatedly false claims about the spawn rate, the way the fight works or how difficult it is to prepare even a single weapon for the fight, then nobody is going to be able to help you whatsoever. 

The minute you asked me if I was serious in telling someone that the wolf's spawns are based on RNG at a fixed rate and you started acting like that's not the case, I realised that you'd run out of even false arguments to counter what was said. The fact that it followed trying to claim that I said that the wolf spawns more on Hydron than anywhere else, despite a very clear indication of why I was on Hydron, tells me that you weren't interested in anything anyone else had said anyway. 

Good luck in your game, Tenno. 

One side of me is like: GGB
The other side of me is like... this much work for a weapon that isnt viable  and mods I can get from low level mission? Im out

I have an Arca Plasmor with over 29k radiation and it takes 1/2 hour to kill him at higher levels. Had stalker and the Acolytes been this bad, I would have quit.

He should work similar to Acolytes, imo.

Maybe not copy and paste though, because that would warrant question of what makes him different.

Perhaps a warning of *there was Wolf signature found on planet X or Section X or Mission types X but we couldn't pinpoint his current location* and people who want to hunt him go to that planet while people who wouldn't try that planet for meanwhile? Keeps uncertainty but let people who would avoid him, go do something else.

2 hours ago, Methanoid said:

(even seemingly with armor stripped)

That's because he has natural damage resistance not bound to his armor pool, removing it doesn't make his DR zero like some would have you believe.