Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

On 2019-04-24 at 4:49 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

It did come out of DE's mouth. 6% in level 20+ missions, 4% in lower missions, and 0% in special zones including sanctuary, free roam, assassination missions. Again just because a belief is common that doesn't make it true. The bit about the brick wall, yes I've been doing that for quite a while now. 

heh. fair enough. sorry for the frustration. anything though the whole thing about them being unleveled gear magnates seemed rather convincing. sorry for the headaches but i do still stand by the need of making a more rely-able spwn rate system where people who want to farm him have better odds of farming him and the people who don't want to be bothered by him can not be bothered by him. its both not really fun if the people who are willing to fight him cant fight him easily while the people who don't want to fight him are bothered by him regularly. 

I do think that if they do increase wolfs spawn chances would irritate people even more then they are irritated now.  maybe include a form of mechanic like repel from pokemon. except your repelling wolf or stalker.

• Like 2

I found and subsequently lost Wolf two times today, and neither felt like my fault.

1) Wolf appears in void fissure mission,  we nearly kill him as he has between 5-10% his health remaining,  after only two minutes, he despawns.  wtf.

2) Wolf appears in an invite only solo capture in the spit second before the capture target enters my splinter storm range and gets downed.  I do not capture him immediately, so I can instead crouch in operator mode and quickly see if anyone in clan or alliance chat wants to fight wolf, not because I can't take him myself but because I want to share wolf with others who might not get to fight him much and so four people can have a chance at getting a wolf drop instead of just me.   Then the capture target dies with no warning.  Literally no warning,  I was waiting for the warning to come as the cut off point for waiting to ask if anyone wanted to join.  It never came, instant failure and I lost wolf again.

in full agreement here. Unless you're kitted out especially for him, it'll be a long slog of a fight. At high levels, his health and armor scales ridiculously, so even a fully built raw Radiation and Crit dmg Rubico Prime takes many shots. Having an encounter that generally boils down to "shoot, dodge, shoot" is no fun, especially for the pitiful rewards you're likely to get.

The only reason I relish his entrance is because I only need one more sledge part, and have found a nice cheese strategy that doesn't even need high rad/crit weapons. With Garuda, I just use Blood Altar on 2 of the Fugitives, then spam Dread Mirror on the last one. The mirror defends me, I may do some dodging to avoid the wolf's mobility, and just keep spamming 1 on the remaining Pup, while the other 2 are stuck as healing Altars. At the highest level I've had the encounter, the fugitives have about 5.3M health, so one use of Dread Mirror nets about 500K dmg for the meatball. A few spams of that, and I can have millions stored up. My Kavat is around with Sharpened Claws to completely wipe Wolf's armor, then I just jump up, charge the meatball in midair, getting at least 20M dmg, then smack him with a bloody nuke, possibly 1-shotting him. When he's gone, I employ the same tactic on the Pups.

The thing is not everyone, regardless of level, has the frame or equipment to easily deal with him. Even the Shadow Stalker, with his adaptive armor and invincibility phases, is at most a decent challenge for under-equipped players, and a minor inconvenience for veterans.

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Unfortunately OBS Studio has an Axe to grind with Warframe because it can't capture S#&$.

Besides you're never going to see said video anyway because A) Rubico Prime is overrated, B) The Wolf Spawns are Random and C) Whos got the time ? Definitely not me thats for sure.

If the Wolf Spawns for above level 75 then im just aborting....nothing in my Arsenal can kill it... including Rubico Prime.

Weird. This isn't a video showing what you claimed earlier? How come that other dude was able to show video doing what he claimed was possible and you're not? I mean that dude made a claim and provided definitive proof. You're making claims and providing..... nothing at all? 😡

Yeah I'm not really inclined to believe what you said right about now. 

Of course if you are able to get the video, I'll be happy to change my mind. 

I mean, my kitgun is able to kill him when he spawns in Hydron whether or not his armour is stripped. So that's already level 70, right? And yes I'm sure that it's doing the job because I often find that I did the most damage for the group. So surely an eidolon build sniper weapon should be able to get the job done? 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
  • Like 2

On 2019-03-11 at 7:52 PM, Acersecomic said:

You know what, I'm starting to hate this whole "season" thing more and more. The challenges are more and more tedious and feeling MANDATORY instead of "hey, I'd like to play, let's go do something". It's "hey, go do that, and when you're done with all that, well considering you have a life you probably won't be able to have time for anything else in the game".

Relax. I am married, have a kid just starting Japanese elementary school, and work full time with a hour and a half commute to work everyday in Tokyo.  I had enough time to do all of the requirements for 30 and live a completely normal life of work, helping my kid with school studies, and spend time with my wife.  That and I still have time to get up early enough to run a 10k five days a week, and meet friends every once in a while. I am busy as a bee but I can do it and have “a life.”

On 2019-04-24 at 4:58 AM, maddragonmaster said:

and yes i do think that if they do increase wolfs spawn chances would irritate people even more then they are irritated now.  maybe include a form of mechanic like repel from pokemon. except your repelling wolf or stalker.

Given that his spawn rate is already quite low, and that it's the whole point of the thread, adding a mechanic to repel him probably isn't a fantastic idea. 

On 2019-04-24 at 5:42 AM, Kingsmount said:

I found and subsequently lost Wolf two times today, and neither felt like my fault.

1) Wolf appears in void fissure mission,  we nearly kill him as he has between 5-10% his health remaining,  after only two minutes, he despawns.  wtf.

2) Wolf appears in an invite only solo capture in the spit second before the capture target enters my splinter storm range and gets downed.  I do not capture him immediately, so I can instead crouch in operator mode and quickly see if anyone in clan or alliance chat wants to fight wolf, not because I can't take him myself but because I want to share wolf with others who might not get to fight him much and so four people can have a chance at getting a wolf drop instead of just me.   Then the capture target dies with no warning.  Literally no warning,  I was waiting for the warning to come as the cut off point for waiting to ask if anyone wanted to join.  It never came, instant failure and I lost wolf again.

Wolf and his buddies are hostile to everything that isn't them. Afaik, all enemies try to attack him and get killed in return. Since they can do a lot of damage, the target probably went down pretty quickly and lay there waiting for capture. My guess is that the target got downed almost immediately and the minute and a half to bleed out passed while you were waiting for the responses. 

Dunno what might have caused him to despawn the first time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nslay said:

I can kill level 75 Wolf by stripping its armor and just shooting it repeatedly with Opticor Vandal. Opticor Vandal is less good at death than Rubico Prime.

You could do the same thing with Lato if you had the Patience for it.... which I don't.

4 hours ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

Relax. I am married, have a kid just starting Japanese elementary school, and work full time with a hour and a half commute to work everyday in Tokyo.  I had enough time to do all of the requirements for 30 and live a completely normal life of work, helping my kid with school studies, and spend time with my wife.  That and I still have time to get up early enough to run a 10k five days a week, and meet friends every once in a while. I am busy as a bee but I can do it and have “a life.”

Well I am at Rank 25 and unless I find a way to leave work for a few days and pay 30 dollars for a ticket home, I will miss out on the only rewards worth getting for me. I will miss out on a syandana, an umbral forma and a WHOLE armor set. How am I to get those? DE sure isn't telling us and I even asked directly. They chose not to reply.

Fashionframe is my endgame and I take great pride in my frames.

On 2019-04-20 at 8:22 AM, --END--Rikutatis said:

People don't want to learn how to overcome obstacles in this game, they just want to throw little hissy fits to have the obstacles completely removed for them, so they can go back to their "press one button to win" gameplay. There's low MR weps that can still be highly effective against the wolf if you just mod them properly for crit and radiation (vectis for example). 

People don't want to pay attention to the topic, they just want to throw a hissy fit about people who don't need advice getting advice in a thread that has nothing to do with advice.

Apparently, my post about Wolf of Saturn Six's difficulty has been merged into this thread regarding his appearance rate. I have no idea why.

Regardless, I went into Taranis, Void to do a defense mission (Still on my alt account). I was on public, but no one else joined. Wolf spawned in. I did what I could to deal with all the enemies before taking him on. I then focused on him. He destroyed the defense target before I had whittled down even a fifth of his health.

Thanks, yet again, for the guaranteed failure.

Edited by twitch.tv_Mythraen

52 минуты назад, Acersecomic сказал:

Fashionframe is my endgame and I take great pride in my frames.

If I remember correctly, one of DE "social big fish" stated that the cosmetics (syandana and armor) will be available after season 1 is over (sorry don't have the source). The big questions in this case: how quickly and what will be the way to obtain said cosmetics.

Has anyone else tried inviting others into your game when wolf shows up?

The idea is that wolf's spawn is 6%,  regardless of the other people in your game unlike stalker where a full group has a higher chance of finding him since they're individually marked.  So an unnofficial squad of 4 runs their own separate captures, exterminates, or survivals.   Exterminate is probably better for this where it's easier to manage when you complete the objective.

Chill in operator void mode while you invite people. 

Have the others all on standby where no questions are asked, just invite immediately.    I've been attempting this but I've never been able to get a response from clan/alliance chat fast enough before it's too late (Defense waves or survival timer,  or capture target dying without a warning...) 

4 people running at once in their own missions would be like having a 24% chance to find wolf each 3-5 minutes or so instead of 6.

11 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

5. The wolf can soak up way too much damage for a random enemy you have no control of the spawn rate of. It's not a challenge, whenever I've encountered him in pugs at a high level we're all just wasting so much time chipping away at its health, to the point new players think there is some sort of gimmick when it's just a mindless shoot him until he drops game. I know you don't want him as easy as the stalker but come on now.

Have you tried taking one good, high crit radiation damage weapon somewhere in the loadout? Because that's sort of his gimmick. Just saying. 

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

You could do the same thing with Lato if you had the Patience for it.... which I don't.

So do it with the Rubico. We have video evidence showing that it can be done in very short order. 

Or better yet, do it with a Lanka so that you can show us how much better it is, and back up the claims you made. 🙄

So let's compare the old system vs the new system (Nightwave):

Old alert system: The occasional orokin catalyst/reactor alert, with a around 1h 30min timer. You're asleep because you're in the "wrong" timezone? Too bad, you missed it. Happened to me a lot of times when checking afterwards from some sites which alerts were going on. Same thing with the invasions, which occasionally (and still have) the catalyst/reactor reward for completing it 3 times. It's easy to miss unless you check them now and then in navigation screen. All in all, the maximum amount of time you had to complete an alert, was around 2 hours for a forma alert. Not counting gifts of the Lotus. So in the old system you would miss rewards that are very important for new players much more easily.

New system: You have 1 week of time to complete the different challenges. You get the Wolf cred along the way, which enables you to buy catalysts, reactors, nitain and cosmetic items. By the time you get to the last reward currently, you have around 300 Wolf creds if I remember right. Catalyst and reactors are 75 credits a piece, and do note that they are ready so no need to use resources on them. So you can get a total of 4 of them in the span of 2-3 months. On top of that, there are gifts of the Lotus alerts as well. How many catalyst/reactor alerts did you do within that time in the old system? And how many of those did you miss? This is way better. It gives you more time to do things, you do not miss the alerts just because you sleep or are at work, and this is much better for newer players as well, who might have no idea that after every DEV-stream, there is a 24h alerts. And this is not an opinion, I'm just stating the facts.

My opinion would be: You didn't think this through and are either trolling on purpose or just annoyed by something else entirely and came here to vent and waste everyone's time. And you say you do not have time? How exactly did you have time in the old system where you had max 2h instead of 1 week? I cannot understand that. If you cannot get to the last reward stage within what... 2-3 months, well I don't know what to say, except consider your life choices? You do a lot in life = Can't expect to be an achiever in some videogames. Don't go out so much and socialize = You can complete more missions.

Additional info: I have skipped some of the 5k ones if I found them boring or just simply too time consuming. Like for example the "complete 8 bounties" is very repetitive so never did it. All in all, I skipped about 20-25k worth of Nightwave standing on the missions, yet I still managed to get to the last reward just last week and now I'm like "Guess I'll just login and logout.".

On 2019-04-22 at 5:18 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Really having trouble understanding the mentality of people who are intentionally going in unprepared, and then whining that they have a hard time taking his health down. 

On 2019-04-22 at 10:05 PM, taiiat said:

idk Players have to be making themselves unprepared or just not at a point in the game where the Wolf event is really relevant/appropriate for them, or just being foolishly careless with their Equipment options - in order for the Wolf to be a major problem.

if one doesn't feel like they've progressed far enough that the Wolf is appropriate for them, fair enough. if they had just actively made themselves unprepared, then i have no sympathy.

Intentionally unprepared? Where's his boss node? Because that's the only way in which you'd know that you'd be fighting him and go in without a suitable build (which as is customary for DE, you have absolutely zero choice about - it's crit radiation or nothing).

You prepare for defence missions, intercepts, survivals and so on because you know from the start that this is what you're in for. In fact, you even have a lot of leeway with a lot of those.

You don't put in annoying and/or lengthy preparations for something which is both random and extremely infrequent. Tell me - do you carry around a fire extinguisher at all times just in case a car happens to spew fuel on you as it drives past and sparks from its wheels ignite you?

And no, carrying a high damage radiation weapon is not something everyone will want to do. Alloy armour is a problem on a few enemies, and there are several ways to handle it in the actual game - corrosive procs or SI to weaken it, slash procs or stun & melee finisher to bypass it, or plain radiation damage to brute force it. Except that the game takes away the choice here. Doubly so when the health type is this batS#&$ insane "alloy armour" health type. Not (cloned) flesh, machinery, robotics, or other usual health types. An armour type. Why? So even if you strip away all the armour, you still need to use radiation damage.

Also, before you *@##$ at me going "oh, you refuse to prepare, you suck", my default loadout is a hybrid crit/stat rad + viral Corinth (19.5k radiation damage per shot on average including crits, same for viral, physical is a little less) with a shattering impact Lesion as my melee (and an acid/cold hybrid build Arca Scisco as the pistol, but that's irrelevant here). I'm apparently fairly well set up to deal with him, but I still have absolutely zero interest in fighting him because gigantic walls of hitpoints with magic anti-everything shields are not fun to fight. Especially when most of the time, you'll end up with a molten impact instead of a reward.

On 2019-04-22 at 8:40 PM, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Honestly this is why I personally think DE didn't really think through The Wolf of Saturn Six & I believe they are being stubborn or prideful.

They don't want to admit that they phoned it in ; created an absolutely terrible encounter with even worse loot.

And it's got to be phoned in/last minute slapped together.

Oh, it's definitely phoned in. Zero effort crap just like the melee changes - especially given that several of the problems we have now were explicitly pointed out months ago long before it was released. In fact, they're seriously slacking off. Small child mode breaking invisibility? That happened before. This should never have passed regression testing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Have you tried taking one good, high crit radiation damage weapon somewhere in the loadout? Because that's sort of his gimmick. Just saying. 

Well his gimmick is garbage. He's not difficult to fight, his only issue is he soaks up damage like nothing at level 70 + so the majority of the fight is just waiting around for him to die. That isn't interesting game design.

14 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

3. Challenges that just are insulting to the time you have. 60 minute survival? What happened to all that bite sized content talk? It's not only an insult to your time but the 5000 standing reward? That's it? Also the challenges that can proven to be broken because the mission bugs out so you waste all your time for nothing.

Now DE did specifically state that these kind of challenges were specifically for endurance runners and people who can afford the time, not the casual player.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Kingsmount:

Has anyone else tried inviting others into your game when wolf shows up?

The idea is that wolf's spawn is 6%,  regardless of the other people in your game unlike stalker where a full group has a higher chance of finding him since they're individually marked.  So an unnofficial squad of 4 runs their own separate captures, exterminates, or survivals.   Exterminate is probably better for this where it's easier to manage when you complete the objective.

Chill in operator void mode while you invite people. 

Have the others all on standby where no questions are asked, just invite immediately.    I've been attempting this but I've never been able to get a response from clan/alliance chat fast enough before it's too late (Defense waves or survival timer,  or capture target dying without a warning...) 

4 people running at once in their own missions would be like having a 24% chance to find wolf each 3-5 minutes or so instead of 6.

I don't think it's possible. Once in a random Akkad mission one of my two fellow random tried to invite his clan mate, but he said he wasn't able to join. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tubsie said:

So let's compare the old system vs the new system (Nightwave):

Old alert system: The occasional orokin catalyst/reactor alert, with a around 1h 30min timer. You're asleep because you're in the "wrong" timezone? Too bad, you missed it. Happened to me a lot of times when checking afterwards from some sites which alerts were going on. Same thing with the invasions, which occasionally (and still have) the catalyst/reactor reward for completing it 3 times. It's easy to miss unless you check them now and then in navigation screen. All in all, the maximum amount of time you had to complete an alert, was around 2 hours for a forma alert. Not counting gifts of the Lotus. So in the old system you would miss rewards that are very important for new players much more easily.

New system: You have 1 week of time to complete the different challenges. You get the Wolf cred along the way, which enables you to buy catalysts, reactors, nitain and cosmetic items. By the time you get to the last reward currently, you have around 300 Wolf creds if I remember right. Catalyst and reactors are 75 credits a piece, and do note that they are ready so no need to use resources on them. So you can get a total of 4 of them in the span of 2-3 months. On top of that, there are gifts of the Lotus alerts as well. How many catalyst/reactor alerts did you do within that time in the old system? And how many of those did you miss? This is way better. It gives you more time to do things, you do not miss the alerts just because you sleep or are at work, and this is much better for newer players as well, who might have no idea that after every DEV-stream, there is a 24h alerts. And this is not an opinion, I'm just stating the facts.

My opinion would be: You didn't think this through and are either trolling on purpose or just annoyed by something else entirely and came here to vent and waste everyone's time. And you say you do not have time? How exactly did you have time in the old system where you had max 2h instead of 1 week? I cannot understand that. If you cannot get to the last reward stage within what... 2-3 months, well I don't know what to say, except consider your life choices? You do a lot in life = Can't expect to be an achiever in some videogames. Don't go out so much and socialize = You can complete more missions.

Additional info: I have skipped some of the 5k ones if I found them boring or just simply too time consuming. Like for example the "complete 8 bounties" is very repetitive so never did it. All in all, I skipped about 20-25k worth of Nightwave standing on the missions, yet I still managed to get to the last reward just last week and now I'm like "Guess I'll just login and logout.".

I view it the same as you.  I have also skipped some of the challenges especially the bounty ones.  I have gotten the last Nightwave reward and now sitting at 33 as of this morning just doing the passive ones while playing like I normally do.  

11 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Intentionally unprepared? Where's his boss node? Because that's the only way in which you'd know that you'd be fighting him and go in without a suitable build (which as is customary for DE, you have absolutely zero choice about - it's crit radiation or nothing).

6% chance of showing up in any level 20+ mission outside of the special zones where he can't show up. 

So you know that if you go to any of those places he's got a chance to show up. Did you prepare for him to possibly show up? 

You prepare for defence missions, intercepts, survivals and so on because you know from the start that this is what you're in for. In fact, you even have a lot of leeway with a lot of those.

One of the common ways to prepare for those is to take an appropriate weapon. Radiation is a good choice especially if you are able to do lots of damage. Looks like you know that. 

You don't put in annoying and/or lengthy preparations for something which is both random and extremely infrequent. Tell me - do you carry around a fire extinguisher at all times just in case a car happens to spew fuel on you as it drives past and sparks from its wheels ignite you?

Check loadout to see if it contains at least one of my high crit radiation damage weapons. If not equip one and check its loadout. 

Ready to. 

Regarding the car and fuel with possible spark.. Well that's never happened to me or anyone I know. The wolf has. Repeatedly. 

But I do have extinguishers in my car, house and workplace. Now out of curiosity, how many times have you been randomly immolated by passing cars? 

And no, carrying a high damage radiation weapon is not something everyone will want to do. Alloy armour is a problem on a few enemies, and there are several ways to handle it in the actual game - corrosive procs or SI to weaken it, slash procs or stun & melee finisher to bypass it, or plain radiation damage to brute force it. Except that the game takes away the choice here. Doubly so when the health type is this batS#&$ insane "alloy armour" health type. Not (cloned) flesh, machinery, robotics, or other usual health types. An armour type. Why? So even if you strip away all the armour, you still need to use radiation damage.

Status procs don't work as expected on bosses, and several special enemies are strong/immune to your warframe abilities. Having one good high crit radiation damage weapon doesn't even require one of your regular loadouts slots. You can go archgun if you want to keep your primary, secondary and melee untouched. 

Also, before you *@##$ at me going "oh, you refuse to prepare, you suck", my default loadout is a hybrid crit/stat rad + viral Corinth (19.5k radiation damage per shot on average including crits, same for viral, physical is a little less) with a shattering impact Lesion as my melee (and an acid/cold hybrid build Arca Scisco as the pistol, but that's irrelevant here). I'm apparently fairly well set up to deal with him, but I still have absolutely zero interest in fighting him because gigantic walls of hitpoints with magic anti-everything shields are not fun to fight. Especially when most of the time, you'll end up with a molten impact instead of a reward.

That's a nice flex, I guess. But all of your status is wasted. Same for the viral. Corinth has a good puncture, but the slash is also out of the window. The shattering impact is nice, but as I just showed, much of the rest of your potential to do damage just seems to be wasted. 

Now my catchmoon kitgun that I've been using to hunt wolf, can do something like 14.7k radiation damage, before the 77% crit chance for 2.3x damage. So it should be giving me comparable numbers, but without most of the wastage in damage. (There's 1.7k damage from impact but I can live with that.) 

That's before fancy stuff like primed mods. When I toss those on I am currently supposed to be hitting for something like 12.3k of radiation before the 100.5% crit chance, for over 4.6x damage. Oh and most of the time I'm in a mixed use Rhino so if I roar everyone gets +77.5% damage buff for a bit less than a minute per roar. (Had a chance to confirm to confirm the values. Looks like I was pretty close. Looks like I am currently packing maybe 5x the rad damage you are when we count crits?) 

The difference between you and me, is that I KNOW that I'm not carrying a really great setup to deal with the wolf. It takes me a few minutes to take him down. Others can do it a lot faster.

So by my reckoning while you're not totally unprepared to face him, you also aren't particularly well prepared either, at least not in the way that you seem to think that you are. But it's definitely a good place to start from. 👍

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
Confirmed the numbers
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Atsia said:

Now DE did specifically state that these kind of challenges were specifically for endurance runners and people who can afford the time, not the casual player.

Yeah but it doesn't really coincide with what they claim they're about. If they want to keep this up.. ok, fine but they've had a lot of challenges that aren't at all newbie friendly and they are the ones that relied on alerts most of all. Also the lack of bang for your buck, again 5000 standing for that? Do you really want them to think a reward for that much of your time is actually worth it and a-okay with everyone?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

Yeah but it doesn't really coincide with what they claim they're about. If they want to keep this up.. ok, fine but they've had a lot of challenges that aren't at all newbie friendly and they are the ones that relied on alerts most of all. 

Only about 4 actually. 2x Kuva survival, Profit Taker and Hydrolyst, the last of which can be done in a public group with a better player carrying. The rest have been easily doable in pub pretty much.

Edited by Zilchy

33 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

6% chance of showing up in any level 20+ mission outside of the special zones where he can't show up.

And right there is my point. I am not going to alter my loadout just for a 6% chance of Tanky McArbitrary Tankface showing up so that he can have his 25% chance of dropping something useful after a fight which takes longer than the actual mission.

Oh, and archguns suck. I do more damage with my pistol than my 5-forma Velocitus. It won't matter what I equip in that slot (and in fact, I removed it from the gear wheel right after I was done with the profit taker to stop it from getting in the way of gear which I actually do use), my normal loadout is still better.

• Like 1