Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Sorry but I just have to say the rest of the assassins are complete rubbish. The G3 die to a light sneeze, armour? What armour? Maybe when they were level 90 in Raids, the common ones are a complete joke. Zanuka usually dies before I realised I'd killed him, he's not fragile he's made of paper. Neither of these assassins require skill or present a challenge.

And Stalker? Well you seem to have forgotten what he was like when the shadow stalker came out originally or perhaps you weren't around. Either way, his adaptive armour FORCED you into bringing a few damage types on your weapons or you'd be shooting him for ages. And I don't just mean elemental types, you were best served bringing weapons of different IPS as well. Oh and status didn't work on him. We didn't have rivens, we didn't have operators and the strongest weapon in the game for shot power was either the opticor or sancti tigris. You're looking and praising the stalker's design at what it's like now and not what it was like on release. And who's to say that in the future we won't have some easy method of destroying the wolf?

Oh, I do remember when shadow stalker came out. He's the reason why I put my beloved Tysis away (which is still my most used secondary) in favour of a Lex Prime. And yes, I am looking at stalker's current design. It's not as if DE don't have access to their current design documents with which to base enemies off.

They might die to a light sneeze from your carefully min-maxed endgame gear, but the majority of players won't be sporting that. If something has a chance to randomly attack every single player in the game, then every single player should be able to beat them. Especially seeing as how you can choose whether the other assassins come for you (just let their deathmarks expire), but the wolf affects every single player in the game regardless of what they do.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Those ancients typically die in a single shot from my catchmoon, or a couple of shots from my pure rad arca plasmor depending on the level. (I'm not talking about hour long runs here.) 

If I'm hitting for about 100k rad damage, and they take a quarter of that, that's still out gunning your rad+viral. Dealing with half of their health half of the time is still a bigger chore than dealing with none of it because they died the first time I shot them. Same goes for shields. 

Still not seeing it.

You don't care for viral procs. I do. I am not giving them up. Status procs make the game fun for me. If it ceases to be fun, there is no point in me spending my spare time on it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

How many of the bosses shake off your status effects or ignore them completely? How many enemies have special damage reduction mechanics? Seems pretty consistent.

I never once said that this was good game design. Never mind that the bosses which do completely ignore status effects are things which have their own dedicated nodes or missions, so you can explicitly choose to fight them and build your loadout against something which you *know* will appear.

All of them melt. Even the Stalker. He doesn't have much chance to build resistance, neither do the bits of floatsam on Lua.

See point about having minmaxed endgame gear above. If you've gotten to that point, everything *should* melt in front of you. Working your way up the power levels in the game ought to have some reward.

Yes because "use the environment to your advantage against this pure melee enemy" is apparently not a thing either for some people.

Which is utterly irrelevant when the topic is a mindless bullet sponge with exactly one way to fight it.

So again... There's an enemy that you are aware shows up, have faced several times, are unable to beat because of having weapons that are very weak against him (and not particularly strong against other stuff it looks like), and you choose not to prepare for him, and rather than do something about it, you've chosen to go with the "sour grapes" routine?

Oh? Point out exactly where I said that I was unable to kill the bullet sponge.

Oh well, if you can one-shot them, that's obviously more than enough to take on anything in the game.... Except for all the the stuff that you can't one-shot, I suppose.

Yes, they get two or three (or perhaps ten, if I need full armour stripping) shot, once the debuff procs have made their mark. That's how I built my loadout. Debuffs (acid, viral) and enemy control (blast, radiation, cold; also electric on sentinel & melee). Either that or the slash procs from removing my enemy's armour (lesion & shattering impact) will finish them off.

You need a new calendar. He'll probably only be around with the 6% spawn rate for a few more weeks. For most of the event he was a very rare spawn.

His spawning is no different for me now than it was at the start. And the next event with the next boss (possibly with another bullcrap "use this and only this and nothing else" damage gimmick, though I seriously hope not) will take a similar amount of time.

Being a heart surgeon requires skill and knowledge. Being an automotive mechanic requires skill and knowledge. They don't require the same skills and knowledge.

Where did I mention surgery or mechanical repairs? This is about gameplay and gameplay challenge, which involves testing your skills at the game.

"If he's easy for me to kill, then I'm okay with it, but if he's hard because I don't want to prepare myself it's badly designed"? 

Sorry Tenno, that's not a great look. But you get points for honesty.

Again, you keep saying "prepare", like it's a certain thing to happen. I am not gutting my loadout and crapping on the way I like to play this game just because of a 6% chance of some random monster appearing.

To restate: 6% is not worth considering.

And yet again: SIX. PERCENT. CHANCE. OF. APPEARING.

ONE IN SEVENTEEN MISSIONS.

Because you seem to completely miss this bit. Every single time. You prepare for an exam. You prepare for the large meal which you're going to cook on the weekend. You prepare for the end of your current contract by looking for new work in advance. You prepare to fight Kril or Kela, because you're going into War or Merrow and those are their boss nodes. You pick a large range of damage types for the profit taker because you explicitly chose to start a mission to fight it. You prepare for certainties.

You do not "prepare" every single day for something which you have no idea when or even if it will happen.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

I just bring my plague keewar built for crit with blood rush and condition overload with a cc, cd, and range riven.  That and my chroma and he goes down in about 30 seconds no matter how high his level is.  Having rage and gladiator finesse mods on the frame and an elevate and husk arcane on operator and u can pretty much face tank him.

correct me if I'm wrong. but isn't he immune to status procs. so CO does literally nothing.

10 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

You know, I was taking your comment seriously up until this point and was thinking of counterarguments and why I hate Nightwave so much and why I prefered the old Alerts and why I found them more rewarding and effective but... wow man... wow... just a big efin #*!% you!

Just #*!% you. How dare you?! Aroggant little S#&$! There are things we have no choice in and things we hav to do! Life is not sunshines and daises! But games can be and they are an escape from the bullS#&$ reality. Games are fun. They have always been my place where I can go. Nightwave is a hot prod sticking into the back of my neck, putting another daadline and quota and months of wait for something I work for.

I do not enjoy Warframe since Nightwave came out.

"Nightwave is a hot prod sticking into the back of my neck, putting another daadline and quota and months of wait for something I work for."

Again, despite you calling me names: Nightwave gives you MORE time than the old system. Not less. Do explain how you managed to complete max 2h alerts in the old system instead of the current 7 day system? I'm listening.

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

Again, you keep saying "prepare", like it's a certain thing to happen. I am not gutting my loadout and crapping on the way I like to play this game just because of a 6% chance of some random monster appearing.

Because you seem to completely miss this bit. Every single time. You prepare for an exam. You prepare for the large meal which you're going to cook on the weekend. You prepare for the end of your current contract by looking for new work in advance. You prepare to fight Kril or Kela, because you're going into War or Merrow and those are their boss nodes. You pick a large range of damage types for the profit taker because you explicitly chose to start a mission to fight it. You prepare for certainties.

You do not "prepare" every single day for something which you have no idea when or even if it will happen.

Fair point, I think it's mostly the combination of unpredictable spawning and questionable loot table that makes it frustrating. If they fix this most of the complaints wouldn't exist.

That being said I think people exaggerate his tankiness and gear requirements a bit (eh, I admit he's still problematic for new players). It certainly doesn't require gutting a loadout since a high damage radiation weapon is usually good thing to have normally anyway, especially now with the ability to use archguns on foot effectively adding a weapon slot.

To each their own. I certainly don't judge people if they want to leave if he shows up. I'll fight him.

Edited by RushBCyka
  • Like 1

ok to sum up what i wish would change is to have a point system with each assassin with each assassin having a specific trigger and when you constantly trigger said trigger it will increase th likeliness of them showing up. another preference would be for DE to figure out a way for them to show up in open world maps. another preference would be to just increase the spawn time window from 0-5 minutes to 0-20ish minutes for endless missions or for giggles kick out the spawn time window and just have them either spawn at any given time or when you get close to the extraction area and have extraction just locked off for a few seconds to a minute. or scratch that idea and give the assassins a music theme and have that play when its certain he will show up. but not when.

and like i said before. create a repel system where  payers can choose to pass on fighting the assassin if they don't feel like they are ready. that way we can fight them when we are ready and not when we are busy leveling stuff. that way if i know they are having a high chance of showing up i can be prepared when i want to, rather then be prepared for nothing when they don't show up.

(ps to prevent trolling. well its really hard to actually prevent it 100% but a way could be to have there be a agree ment of 3/4s of the group. for the assassin pass to work)

Edited by maddragonmaster

14 minutes ago, RushBCyka said:

That being said I think people exaggerate his tankiness and gear requirements a bit though.

For solo Wolf, I'd say yes absolutely, for the level 75 one though seems to be designed to have 4 people shooting him with a Rad/Crit loadout, because I've run into him, kitted to kill him (as best as my MR15 self can be) and ran out of Rubico Prime ammo because my allies were doing 1/50th of the damage I was doing which I assure you was not nearly severe enough. 

I got him down to about 80% alone for the most part but that's because I didn't have the perfect Rad/crit build most people are nuking him in seconds with, I have no Primed mods, I have no Rivens, just the barest minimum effective build of what can be slotted into a Rubico Prime to have it kill Eidolon legs in 5 or so shots.

If he were a dedicated node or the Wolf functioned like the Acolytes, then it would be easier to get a like minded team of players who intend and are geared to kill him. But as long as he's invading missions at random it is going to be hard for everyone who isn't able to 3 shot things with about 2million eHP especially when most players use weapons they prefer, which to most peoples surprise isn't a Rubico/Catchmoon/Sarpa/Kavat loadout.

The Wolf's problem is that he swings to the other end of the extreme of invading bosses, he went from "goes down in seconds to everyone" (Hi Shadow Stalker) to "goes down in seconds to people who do 4 hour survivals for fun" and that is not something that should be invading individual missions.

Long story short, DE put way too much faith in a team having similar output in the Wolf's design which is why so many people avoid or ignore him, well that and as you said, his drops suck.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RushBCyka said:

I don't get the logic.

Rubico doesn't work for you, therefore it should suck for everyone.

If thats what you got out this then theres nothing I can say to change your mind.

5 hours ago, RushBCyka said:

The problem with these "most meta or useless" posts is that it can mislead and discourage newer players who don't necessarily have every weapon modded go perfection yet (speaking of, how exactly are you modding Rubico that it fails to kill WoSS efficiently?)

This exactly what happened to me... hence If Some suggests a weapon that I've tried and doesn't work for me then I will say so... if said weapon isn't working because it requires some difficult to obtain mods and arcanes then yeah... it may as well be the MK1Braton...

If it works for you... great.... Didn't work for me.

• Like 1

I abort, unless I'm farming Void traces in a level 6 mission. Level 6 is about the break even point for time to kill him versus the value of killing him. I might stick around for higher level Wolves, but his invulnerable goons are too stupid a game mechanic for me to tolerate their presence.

Edited by MallocErr

15 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

If thats what you got out this then theres nothing I can say to change your mind.

This exactly what happened to me... hence If Some suggests a weapon that I've tried and doesn't work for me then I will say so... if said weapon isn't working because it requires some difficult to obtain mods and arcanes then yeah... it may as well be the MK1Braton...

If it works for you... great.... Didn't work for me.

Not suggesting you to use the rubico. Some people prefer the higher damage per shot of the lanka. I specifically said both Rubico and Lanka are very good.

One has higher damage per shot, one is hitscan and shoots faster. Both have their strengths and are perfectly serviceable guns vs Wolfe (he's a bulletsponge regardless anyway). To say only the Lanka is good and Rubico is very bad, is unhelpful and quite misleading especially to people who are newer and reading the forums to learn stuff about the game.

But it seems every other thread I see you saying "X is trash" or "Y is useless" I have to wonder:

What do you consider good in this game?

Also don't be hatin' on the Braton. 

Edited by RushBCyka
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

on a second thought they could increase the spawns of these guys in the dark sectors. maybe tweak those dark sectors to feel more eerie  to have that tension builder work.

I like that idea.  In fact to expand upon it, how about special assassins that are genuinely challenging to fight that will only show up in dark sectors?  That'd be pretty cool, like an infested stalker, infested zanuka, infested g3 or just something new and monstrous to match all dark sectors only having infested.

7 minutes ago, Konachibi said:

I like that idea.  In fact to expand upon it, how about special assassins that are genuinely challenging to fight that will only show up in dark sectors?  That'd be pretty cool, like an infested stalker, infested zanuka, infested g3 or just something new and monstrous to match all dark sectors only having infested.

well that sounds a little bit odd. but heck i came up with a head canon of the tenno having some kind of temporal or dimensional displacement what ever to the point where almost everything that we have done or went through can happen at any time. save for a few things. 

and the reason i have this as a head canon is because we can fight both non infested alad v and infested alad v one after another. even fight infested alad v first and regular second. 

Edited by maddragonmaster
correcting spelling

3 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

well that sounds a little bit odd. but heck i came up with a head canon of the tenno having some kind of temporal or dimensional displacement what ever to the point where almost everything that we have done or went through can happen at any time. save for a few things. 

and the reason i have this as a head canon is because we can fight both non infested alad v and infested alad v one after another. even fight infested alad v first and regular second. 

Well I was thinking more along the lines of the infested made mutant clones of those assassins, not that they actually managed to get hold of them and infected them.  Just thought it'd be cool if we had something like an infested stalker where his head was just a giant eyeball, the arm normally wielding a sword could be replaced with a Mire AS his arm, replace the pakal attachments with something like the iliac set, change his colours from red to a sickly green, swap his abilities out with Nidus's abilities and viola!  Mutant Infested Stalker!

1 minute ago, Konachibi said:

Well I was thinking more along the lines of the infested made mutant clones of those assassins, not that they actually managed to get hold of them and infected them.  Just thought it'd be cool if we had something like an infested stalker where his head was just a giant eyeball, the arm normally wielding a sword could be replaced with a Mire AS his arm, replace the pakal attachments with something like the iliac set, change his colours from red to a sickly green, swap his abilities out with Nidus's abilities and viola!  Mutant Infested Stalker!

ah. sounds interesting, maybe call them shades  or something. well we don't really have some mad scientist anymore since alad v left the infested because he realized at the last second that he will die if he becames full blown infested. maybe if the infested Valued the idea of alad v's brain maybe they attempted to make a duplicate of him and now we have some super smart batch of infested.

1 hour ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

I typically find it quicker with a fast hybrid melee. You would need radiation obviously and with a fast attacking melee with bloodrush on it, you will start to shred him once your multiplier stacks up. Given the choice, I would probably pick S&A Prime or kripath

Idk why but my keewar built for crit kills him much faster than my crit kripath.  Only slightly less base cc at 32% but higher status so it's a good hybrid weapon.  Plus its stance builds combo multiplier pretty fast even though it's a slower weapon than kripath.  Clashing Forest I believe.

On 2019-04-05 at 3:32 PM, AegisAmaranth said:

So, I have been the guinnea pig for the last few weeks.
Actually went out there, and hunted the wolf.

As I mentioned before, we are in pretty far now (am allready on prestige with nightwave).
So, you'd think his spawn rate, would have been... improved.
As was promised...

And at first sign, it appeared so.
As the wolf appeared 3 times, in the timespan of a few hours.
This gave me the 'go' sign, to start grinding.

My goodness, have I been led astray.

After these lucky encounters, I am now left with no spawns.
Maybe 1 in a day, if I'm lucky.
And each time, he drops a mod...
Instead of the final hammer piece, sought after...

Now take a look at this screen.
See anything peculiar about it?

This*

Hide contents

dZNIvte.png

What are these, overly common drops, doing in the wolf his drop table?
Was this intentional, to vex the community?
Can we really, not get these mods, from somewhere else?
Why do we wish to fight the wolf?
Is it not for his sledge?

Appearently not..., as we seem to be grinding this guy...
Just to have another copy, of an allready owned mod.

This is what I have a problem with.

The wolf is not a permanent monster.
Once nightwave ends, he's gone.. 'poof'.
No hammer? Well, tough luck.

And it is your entire community, that is going through this hell.
Some more than others.
Some have even yet to see a single wolf appear!

And what if we're at the final stage of the event.
And someone finally meets the wolf for their first time...
...to be rewarded with a mod...

Can you envision such scenario?
I definately can, because I am going through it as we speak.

My friend even offered, to give me the last missing piece.
He wanted to trade for it, just so I would stop this grind... (think about that for a second)

But I say no..., as I am trying to prove a point here.
It wouldn't feel right anyway.
In fact, it doesn't feel right.
I would have gotten a piece, which I did not rightfully obtain, from being in combat with him.
I would feel dishonoured.

This drop table... is not right.
Not, in co-existence, with his low spawn rate.
Whoever came up with this decision, has a bad sense of humor.

For a boss, that only is here, for a short period.
AND has low spawnrate... it feels like a sick joke.
Both can't co-exist, and have it be fine.
Because it is not fine.

His drop table should have looked like (see screenshot earlier) This*.
If said drop table is fine, then at least ramp his spawn rate up drastically.
Both at the same time, is a horrible decision.

Hide contents

iPg4Wy1.png

This, is what I have a problem with.
As it is your entire community, being flipped off.

Imagine if everyone had to go through the same.
Grind from morning, till evening.
For over 2 weeks long!

If you want to have an idea of what my past few weeks have looked like.
Why not try it yourself?
Start every day, doing the same mission over and over.
5 minutes.. no spawn? Repeat...
(hmm what is that? 12 runs per hour? 7 or 6 hours... 72-ish times, of replaying the same mission... each day?)

I have emptied all my stalker marks (He even steals wolf appearance opportunities, advised to empty all yours too).
And that says a lot as well, for I barely ever see the guy on any normal day.
In 1 day, I saw all my stalker marks go, and not a single wolf sign.
That is either a spawn rate, waaay less than 1.5%.
Or some scripted dark secret, meant to make it so sadistic.

I realize this may sound pretty heated.
I'm surprised I'm even calm at the moment of writing this.

Dear @[DE]Community, we are left with nothing of intel.
No date, no rates, no special node where he appears more often...
Nothing...

We are left in the dark, with a timed event.
We don't know how much longer we got.
We're left completely oblivious.

Most likely, someone will answer again with; 'plat this, plat that, put your feeling of honour aside, etc...'

To which I say no....

This whole situation... is not okay.
And even if I get the last piece tomorrow...

I will not stop advocating, for my fellow Tenno... Who are still suffering through the same as well.
We all lift together.
Well then...
Let's 'lift this sledge together'.

In other words; give people an equal opportunity, should they also decide, to put a lot of work into this.

And if hereby, I ever get to complete this item for myself.
And should I be able, to collect a second set...
It would be, as a giveaway.
No greed shall befoul me.
Especially not after all I've been through.
I swear this upon all I hold dear.

- AegisAmaranth

yeah i have the same problem and its week 9 now one day i see him a good amount yesterday like 6 and today after even more farming nothing and i already bought the 1 part i was missing off his sledge so i have that but you know what i want after i found out it existed, a saturn six mask but it has a 2% droprate on the wolf who is soo inconsistent ;/

Edited by RocketPenguinss

3 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Oh, I do remember when shadow stalker came out. He's the reason why I put my beloved Tysis away (which is still my most used secondary) in favour of a Lex Prime. And yes, I am looking at stalker's current design. It's not as if DE don't have access to their current design documents with which to base enemies off.

Wait. What was Stalker's spawn rate that you felt like changing your loadout just for him? 

They might die to a light sneeze from your carefully min-maxed endgame gear, but the majority of players won't be sporting that. If something has a chance to randomly attack every single player in the game, then every single player should be able to beat them. Especially seeing as how you can choose whether the other assassins come for you (just let their deathmarks expire), but the wolf affects every single player in the game regardless of what they do.

Yeah, you keep suggesting that we need minmaxed gear to take him out. I keep pointing out that that we don't. My catchmoon is not yet minmaxed even with the mods I have on it, I don't have the endo and am not buying ayatans. And I know that there are better weapons for dealing with him. 

And hey you can just let the wolf's event expire, right? 

You don't care for viral procs. I do. I am not giving them up. Status procs make the game fun for me. If it ceases to be fun, there is no point in me spending my spare time on it.

This is confusing. You keep suggesting that there's something that's not fun for you because you usually quit rather than face it, as your status procs aren't doing what you insist that they do. 

I never once said that this was good game design. Never mind that the bosses which do completely ignore status effects are things which have their own dedicated nodes or missions, so you can explicitly choose to fight them and build your loadout against something which you *know* will appear.

And yet you play the game that's so full of bad game design and expect not to encounter it? Of course in all of the places you *know* those guys spawn, the Wolf can't. 

See point about having minmaxed endgame gear above. If you've gotten to that point, everything *should* melt in front of you. Working your way up the power levels in the game ought to have some reward.

See above about it not being minmaxed. Also if that's the way this game works.. how long does it take to get that "press j to win" button that would be my reward? 

Which is utterly irrelevant when the topic is a mindless bullet sponge with exactly one way to fight it.

Really? Because apparently void lasers are a thing. As are ledges. As is void mode. As is Garuda. As is Valkyr. As is archgun. As is just carrying any of all of the possible high crit radiation damage combinations that exist. 

Which of those is the "exactly one way" that you're thinking about? 

Oh? Point out exactly where I said that I was unable to kill the bullet sponge.

Last time I checked aborting a mission as soon as a specific enemy shows up means not killing anymore enemies in mission. That is how it works isn't it? Also you've spoken about how long it takes to do the job, which is probably due to not being able to do it faster. 

Yes, they get two or three (or perhaps ten, if I need full armour stripping) shot, once the debuff procs have made their mark. That's how I built my loadout. Debuffs (acid, viral) and enemy control (blast, radiation, cold; also electric on sentinel & melee). Either that or the slash procs from removing my enemy's armour (lesion & shattering impact) will finish them off.

Well since you have no issue with going from oneshotting to tenshotting the wolf's requiring more shots is clearly just a matter of a few degrees up the ladder. Sort of like an eidolon, or lephantis, or haemocyst, or Stalker, or acolytes, or Juggernaut, or Phorid, or bosses, or sentient drones, or eximus enemies or...... 

His spawning is no different for me now than it was at the start. And the next event with the next boss (possibly with another bullcrap "use this and only this and nothing else" damage gimmick, though I seriously hope not) will take a similar amount of time.

Well seeing as how we know from DE that his spawn rate started very low and got ramped up to 6% I'm going to have to ask you for proof. I'll also need to know when was the last time your crystal ball was calibrated to original specifications by a certified precog support technician. 

Where did I mention surgery or mechanical repairs? This is about gameplay and gameplay challenge, which involves testing your skills at the game.

Yes. And in this game there are many different things that we need to be able to do. Many of them are so radically different from the others that the skillsets have little to no overlap. So while you may be excellent at one, you can be really bad at another. It's insanely myopic to think that just because you're great at killing low level infested, that you can automatically do 6x3 solo tridolon hunts. 

Do you have any health or property insurance? Lots of people do. Same with auto insurance. Most of the time we need neither. But if it turns out that having it would have been a good idea, it's better to be prepared for the eventuality. But I guess you're right, if it has a low probability I should just drop my coverage..... 

Wait a minute, that's a really bad plan. I figure it's better if I'm prepared whether or not I know it's certainly going to happen.

So far I've whooped the wolf 6 or 7 times on Hydron and done the bulk of the damage each time and finished him in minutes each time. Looks like that's working out well for me. How's your method working as far as killing him goes? 

Oh I like to try to prepare for everything, not just certainties. And at 6%, 1/17 of the runs I do, the odds are that I will encounter him quite a few times between now and the middle of next month. 

I certainly do. I fasten my seatbelt every single time I drive a car or fly in a plane. I have no idea when or even if I will ever need it. So do most people. 

I've seen numbers that suggest that the odds of being in a car accident might be less than 6% per year but I don't know how valid they are. The odds per day or per drive are miniscule. Buckling up every day still seems like a good idea. You should probably do that too if you don't already do it. 

But even if you don't, I'd like to wish you good luck and good hunting, Tenno, no matter whether you are going to be the hunter or intend to be the hunted.