Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

2 hours ago, RushBCyka said:

Not suggesting you to use the rubico. Some people prefer the higher damage per shot of the lanka. I specifically said both Rubico and Lanka are very good.

One has higher damage per shot, one is hitscan and shoots faster. Both have their strengths and are perfectly serviceable guns vs Wolfe (he's a bulletsponge regardless anyway). To say only the Lanka is good and Rubico is very bad, is unhelpful and quite misleading especially to people who are newer and reading the forums to learn stuff about the game.

I agree. It is misleading... but its also not what I said... Rubico is bad specifically for the Wolf... and its merely okay for the everything else...

The Lanka is Unwieldy and Combersome but Damage is king in Warframe.... hence even when I can't hit the broad side of a Barn with it its sell the bettet weapon.

Honestly this wouldn't be an issue if the game gave you enough resources to make both of them... then people can test which one works for them.

All I know is Wolf is a Tanky Bastard and im not going to stop what im doing to deal with him.

2 hours ago, RushBCyka said:

But it seems every other thread I see you saying "X is trash" or "Y is useless" I have to wonder:

What do you consider good in this game?

Too early to say.... still waiting for Baro to bring all the essential mods...

Still waiting for the Plague Star Arcanes.

Don't even get me Started on acolyet mods....

DE there is something seriously messed up with the way this event is being handled. Specifically the Wolf and the Hammer components. First of all the chances of him spawning are so ridiculously low that you can literally play all day, running Level 30 Defense missions for 5-10 mins each time and not see him once (I am ashamed to say I spent my day off this way..). And even if he does spawn half the time your team mates dont want to fight him and leave, then if you do manage to kill him there is only a low chance of getting a Hammer part, let alone the one you need.

Now I understand this is how you keep people playing, but someone has gone too far with this one. Please fix it, I mean how about a 10-15% spawn chance with a guranteed component drop (would that be too much to ask). There is still enough things to do in Warframe, without being forced to repeat missions we wouldnt nomrally do (to this extent at least).

Other than that, keep up the great work!

34 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I agree. It is misleading... but its also not what I said... Rubico is bad specifically for the Wolf... and its merely okay for the everything else...

The Lanka is Unwieldy and Combersome but Damage is king in Warframe.... hence even when I can't hit the broad side of a Barn with it its sell the bettet weapon.

Honestly this wouldn't be an issue if the game gave you enough resources to make both of them... then people can test which one works for them.

All I know is Wolf is a Tanky Bastard and im not going to stop what im doing to deal with him.

Too early to say.... still waiting for Baro to bring all the essential mods...

Still waiting for the Plague Star Arcanes.

Don't even get me Started on acolyet mods....

I'm going to be honest here, I feel that your standards are unrealistically high if the Rubico is "merely" okay.  That, or it is a playstyle issue.  I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and call it a playstyle issue because certainly there are things about the Rubico that might put people off (reload clip size ratio, for example).  

it is a top tier sniper rifle in pretty much any content (as far as snipers go, anyway).  I know you were talking about the wolf  I was also talking about the wolf.  It was plenty clear that the conversation we were having was about damage vs the wolf, but if not, then let's make it clear.  Both the Rubico and the Lanka are plenty sufficient for the Wolf, and if either one is bad, then it's because of playstyle, not the weapon itself. Damage is king but if you can't hit, then damage = 0.  If I can hit the Wolf three times for 100 damage in the time it took for you to hit him once for 300 damage, then we both did the same amount of damage.  And the Rubico shoots more than fast enough to compensate for the lower damage per shot.  My opinion is, and always will be, instead of saying X bad and Y is good, highlight the attributes of each and let the reader decide.

And the game gives you the resources to make both.  Lanka is clan tech, and you get fieldrons from invasions.  Rubico P is currently in relics and is not vaulted, which you can get relatively easily.  Even if you don't like relics, base Rubico BP is purchasable in the arsenal and requires:  credits, salvage, polymer bundles,rubedo, and argon crystals. How is this the game not giving you resources?  It definitely gives you the means to acquire both and you know that.  I know that.  But the problem is, the newcomer doesn't and if everyone starts telling him that even the most basic gear is completely unattainable, he quits.

Edited by RushBCyka
  • Like 2

After fighting him a few more times solo, definitively throwing my support behind the "he sucks" perspective. Even at a measly Lv. 37, it took me 10+ minutes to kill him because damn it I'm not about to carry around a pocket nuke 100% of the time on the off-chance he shows up.

He is not difficult.

He is not interesting.

He is not rewarding (North Wind for my effort).

All of his myriad melee attacks are absolutely meaningless because the player can't even fight him effectively in melee without some sort of CC immunity or invulnerability. There's nothing interesting about a constant stream of "damage + stagger/knockdown" preventing you from even attempting effective combos because DE can't seem to figure out proper action gameplay. Hek, several of his attacks are just reused slightly-tweaked assets from older enemies (Lech Kril, Conculyst).

Are there ways to nuke him more quickly? Certainly. But what why bother having all these different characters and weapons if we have to be using a specific subset of them because some 6% chance encounter? Beating on a non-interactive damage sponge is not fun in even the remotest sense of the word. And while I'm at it, I really have to wonder what the designer at DE is smoking lately. 100% Alloy Armor and not even a sliver of actual "health?"

What is even the point of this damage system if only a handful of types are ever really used or useful for noteworthy content?

4 hours ago, RocketPenguinss said:

yeah i have the same problem and its week 9 now one day i see him a good amount yesterday like 6 and today after even more farming nothing and i already bought the 1 part i was missing off his sledge so i have that but you know what i want after i found out it existed, a saturn six mask but it has a 2% droprate on the wolf who is soo inconsistent ;/

the only visit i had since i  can remember this week of wolf is recent... and only thing he game me was a molten impact. i am really trying hard to not curse and swear, and it is really hard.but i'll do it silently in my room.

What really upsets me is that it's a time limited items. I'd be happy to buy the armor with plat, but my computer got busted right as the event began. I couldn't make time for this event, and I have to now prepare for a funeral in the family. I just want all the cosmetics, but they are completely unattainable.

3 hours ago, RushBCyka said:

I'm going to be honest here, I feel that your standards are unrealistically high if the Rubico is "merely" okay.  That, or it is a playstyle issue.  I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and call it a playstyle issue because certainly there are things about the Rubico that might put people off (reload clip size ratio, for example).

What do you want me to say ? I shot a Nox in the head once and he didn't die.... to me thats not just Good because Freaking Noxes are a pain in the ass.

it is a top tier sniper rifle in pretty much any content (as far as snipers go, anyway). 

Well there you go... sure its a great Sniper rifle but that weapon class as a whole isn't top tier...

I know you were talking about the wolf  I was also talking about the wolf.  It was plenty clear that the conversation we were having was about damage vs the wolf, but if not, then let's make it clear.  Both the Rubico and the Lanka are plenty sufficient for the Wolf, and if either one is bad, then it's because of playstyle

Im sorry but Play Style is irrelevant when it comes to Tanky Enemies that take 20 Minutes to kill... now if we were talking about something like ESO or Bounties then you would have a Point because I can't use this thing while Aim gliding or sliding and the General Forced InAccuracy on all Sniper Rifles when not Aim is just the final nail in the Coffin for me.... Being Force to zoom in General is super anoying but its exponentially worse when it comes to Snipers.

Damage is king but if you can't hit, then damage = 0

Then Don't miss... its not the Lanka's fault if I don't hit my target.

If I can hit the Wolf three times for 100 damage in the time it took for you to hit him once for 300 damage, then we both did the same amount of damage.  And the Rubico shoots more than fast enough to compensate for the lower damage per shot.

It also runs out of ammo because of this..... You were saying something About Zero Damage ?

4 hours ago, RushBCyka said:

My opinion is, and always will be, instead of saying X bad and Y is good, highlight the attributes of each and let the reader decide.

I did... Lanka Deals More Damage.... Rubico Deals Less Damage.... 

Use a Shotgun.... There.... Comprehensive Reccomendation at its Finest.

And the game gives you the resources to make both

Im sorry I don't remember the game giving me Weapon Slots to test drive which of its 9 Billion Weapons is better... were we suppose to get them ? Should I be contacting support ? 

Rubico P is currently in relics and is not vaulted, which you can get relatively easily.

Ease is irrelevant. You need to be Lucky.... luck isn't a skill.

Even if you don't like relics, base Rubico BP is purchasable in the arsenal and requires:  credits, salvage, polymer bundles,rubedo, and argon crystals. How is this the game not giving you resources? 

Easy.... even with Charm you still have to go out and get them yourself. The Biggest pain in the Ass being Potatoes.... there just arent enough of them going around to allow people to Experiment for themselves.... 

It definitely gives you the means to acquire both and you know that. 

No.... I had to pay to get both... and then I had suffer god know how many waves of hydron and how many Forma to see which of them is good.... then I had to sacrifice a Potato that I wanted to use on something else to get the most of both of them. 

Exactly where was I given anything ? It was a tedious grind.

But the problem is, the newcomer doesn't and if everyone starts telling him that even the most basic gear is completely unattainable, he quits.

THATS BECAUSE IT IS !!! literally theres a bunch of examples where this happens due to S#&$ty drop rates and Odd difficulty spikes... I would have quite long time ago if there weren't any better equiped players one shotting bosses for Orokin Cells... apparently they are rare enough to make people do this... to this day I can't tell you how you're suppose to defeat the Phorid...theres always someone getting to it first and killing it before you even see it.... its so bad that my record for completing a phorid run is 8 SECONDS because this can be done while players are still loadig in... 8 SECONDS !!!

I would have quit if friends weren't nice enough to buy slots for me so I could use both the Essential Frames and frames that I actually like using... this is pretty much why I don't trade... I don't know how much Magus Repair is worth but yesterday I gave a complete set to my clan mate to spare him the God Awful Fortuna Grind... atleast now he can go through the Fortnuna Grind at his own Pace rather than feeling the pressure to rush through it like most of us do which I hope has a significant impact on his experience For the better... who knows he might take the time to just explore alil... that is far worth more to me than platinum. Im also Tempted to just add anyone who tells me "Just trade and buy it with platium" to my Ignore list because now its really starting to piss me off... I mean if this day ever comes then I may aswell quit... this just isn't the standard that was set for me when I started playing.

当你在单人游戏时,遇见土星六号,你通常无法击败他,此角色需要被削弱,以保障玩家的正常游戏体验
I think the wolf is too strong. Most players can't kill him alone, so they need to be weakened to protect the normal gaming experience.

Edited by BROMOU
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

r1jWGjX.png

I think that means Alad V?

If you're having difficulty, it may be you need to upgrade your weapons and mods.

I think they meant Wolfy, hence "Saturn VI."

Again, to the OP; Valkyr, press 4, spin attack. Simple.

7 minutes ago, BROMOU said:

当你在单人游戏时,遇见土星六号,你通常无法击败他,此角色需要被削弱,以保障玩家的正常游戏体验

這個我有些同意。

除了他極大減低武器對他的傷害之外,如果攻擊他的頭,反而更加減低傷害。

1 minute ago, KnossosTNC said:

I think they meant Wolfy, hence "Saturn VI."

Again, to the OP; Valkyr, press 4, spin attack. Simple.

"It's simple! You've just gotta toss gameplay variety out the window! Do this specific, possibly unfun thing! I like it so you should too!"

You've gotta watch it, Knosses, because when you try to be flippant and tell people stuff like "You were just playing wrong!" you immediately come off closer to these italics than you probably intend to. It's the rough part about feedback about the Wolf. He just doesn't mesh well when you move between the different kinds of players who enjoy the game. The clashing of styles and preferences make communication hard.

The reason there are so many split hairs about the Wolf is because much of the defense of how he works ignores that some players can't stand playing close to the meta while on the flipside most of the people who can't stand having to carry some meta frag-cannon strat around like a security blanket don't want to hear crap like "Play to the Meta."

Wolf is a pretty dumb boss. The split in the community discussion is born from how dumb he is. He can only be a positive light for a specific subset of players and he can be downright detrimental to the fun of others. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Blatantfool said:

"It's simple! You've just gotta toss gameplay variety out the window! Do this specific, possibly unfun thing! I like it so you should too!"

You've gotta watch it, Knosses, because when you try to be flippant and tell people stuff like "You were just playing wrong!" you immediately come off closer to these italics than you probably intend to. It's the rough part about feedback about the Wolf. He just doesn't mesh well when you move between the different kinds of players who enjoy the game. The clashing of styles and preferences make communication hard.

The reason there are so many split hairs about the Wolf is because much of the defense of how he works ignores that some players can't stand playing close to the meta while on the flipside most of the people who can't stand having to carry some meta frag-cannon strat around like a security blanket don't want to hear crap like "Play to the Meta."

Wolf is a pretty dumb boss. The split in the community discussion is born from how dumb he is. He can only be a positive light for a specific subset of players and he can be downright detrimental to the fun of others. 

K.

Here's another: Corinth. Radiation. Simple.

Here's a third: Pyrana Prime. Radiation. Use any Primary you like. Simple.

Here's a fourth: Ivara. Stay cloaked and pin his face with a radiation bow or Spira Prime. Simple.

That's four different ways of dealing with Wolfy in solo which I tried and worked, which is what the OP asked. I know for certain there are many, many more.

Video games are about solving problems, news at 11. Wolfy has many solutions, and DE already nerfed him at least twice.

Edited by KnossosTNC

@Lutesque I'm not gonna go and quote each section so I'll just do it this way.

Firstly Nox is one of the strongest enemies in the game and he shouldn't just be a 1 shot kill.  Up to about level 250 he still is for me but that's because I have a very strong build. With my normal weapons he takes a few shots and that's not bad design, that's good design that I can't simply 1 shot every enemy.

Name one gun that shot for shot does more damage than a sniper rifle with the combo in play and let's be clear, in missions you ARE building the combo. So you need to beat crits of around 100k+. The only thing that might equal that is the opticor and exergis which are both single shot and slower fire rate than snipers. Snipers are top tier.

Wolf dies in seconds, the main component variable is stripping the armour which can be likened to shooting a thumper through its 5000 armour value. You either punch through or you remove that outer value and kill it in seconds. Same as wolf. You've seen the videos you don't need to tell me to prove it or that it "doesn't work".

It doesn't run out of ammo because there are many ways to regen ammo in this game. You ignoring those methods doesn't make something bad, it makes you bad. 

For relics do you do radshares? I mean sure you might get unlucky for a bit but generally speaking if you farm say 10 of the relic and radiant them all and then radshare you will most likely get the part you wanted and simply assuming you won't isn't going to help you. I've had plenty of bad rng grinds in this game, flashbacks to 76 runs for equinox vanilla... you just keep at it.

You have 1000 hours in the game. If you can't afford slots or can't get them you're doing something wrong. Don't forget this game is free2play and you earn ingame currency for certain things, that's how it works and has always worked whether you like it or not.

The orokin cells grind made me laugh. There never used to be resource caches in the game, we killed sargus ruk for cells. Again I really don't think you're playing a game you enjoy, warframe is a grinding simulator, if you don't like grind you won't enjoy it for much longer because that's pretty much the entire game.

Lastly, please post your sniper build i can't help but feel you're building it wrong if you're thinking it's weak. Just post a screenshot and I'll help. I prefer rubico p over lanka because it's hitscan, has a faster fire rate and the combo requires less shots to increase therefore it starts doing more damage sooner. Very handy in pretty much all content.

And don't level weapons in Hydron, it's incredibly slow doing it that way, just making things harder for yourself mate.

Edited by Zilchy

1 minute ago, BROMOU said:

I am upgrading my weapon. There are 3 teammates in the team. The wolf is coming. Other teammates knew they couldn't win, quit the team, and our mission failed.

It's incredibly unfortunate, yes. He is often either too powerful or too annoying for typical teams of players. A lot of people do not want to fight him unless they have to. He is very time consuming and often drops crap.

It sucks but in the end it is fine. You aren't missing much.

1 minute ago, Blatantfool said:

It's incredibly unfortunate, yes. He is often either too powerful or too annoying for typical teams of players. A lot of people do not want to fight him unless they have to. He is very time consuming and often drops crap.

It sucks but in the end it is fine. You aren't missing much.

thank you

Edited by BROMOU

1 minute ago, KnossosTNC said:

K.

Here's a fourth: Ivara. Stay cloaked and pin is face with a radiation bow or Spira Prime. Simple.

That's four different ways of dealing with Wolfy in solo which I tried and worked, which is what the OP asked. I know for certain there are many, many more.

Video games are about solving problems, news at 11. Wolfy has many solutions.

You're missing the actual issue, but I think I could have presented my argument better. Wolf isn't some insurmountable threat. He's just annoying. He's a sandbag fight. A DPS check.

By itself that isn't really an issue. If he was a boss at the end of a level you'd be fine. It's easy to prepare. But he isn't. He's an assassin encounter. So he just shows up eventually. Meaning you have to limit either your build or playstyle with the knowledge that if you don't you'll either have to beat on him so long the reward could never match the effort OR you'll just be stuck vomitting health, ammo and energy pizzas for whoever brought a frag-cannon with them.

There are a large variety of people playing Warframe. It isn't an insignificant number of people who play in a way that Wolf can make more interesting, sure. But for anyone outside of that relationship with the game he just steps on toes. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Wolf isn't too hard, he just isn't fun. I think some players mistakenly imply he's too hard because they think the difficulty of the fight is WHY he's unfun. I think it's probably more complicated than just that. They've nerfed him plenty and he's still unlikable for many players. He's even encouraging bailing on missions at this point.

10 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

K.

Here's a fourth: Ivara. Stay cloaked and pin his face with a radiation bow or Spira Prime. Simple.

Video games are about solving problems, news at 11. Wolfy has many solutions, and DE already nerfed him at least twice.

OP is asking for wolf nerf.