Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acersecomic

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

11 hours ago, RushBCyka said:

Not suggesting you to use the rubico. Some people prefer the higher damage per shot of the lanka. I specifically said both Rubico and Lanka are very good.

One has higher damage per shot, one is hitscan and shoots faster. Both have their strengths and are perfectly serviceable guns vs Wolfe (he's a bulletsponge regardless anyway). To say only the Lanka is good and Rubico is very bad, is unhelpful and quite misleading especially to people who are newer and reading the forums to learn stuff about the game.

But it seems every other thread I see you saying "X is trash" or "Y is useless" I have to wonder:

What do you consider good in this game?

Also don't be hatin' on the Braton. 

There is really a -serious- issue with this community, and tbh the larger gaming community as a whole these days, throwing around terms like "garbage" or "trash" when describing perfectly viable gear.  It really isn't a great first impression for new players, to be sure, and tbh it's just flat out wrong.  

Most weapons are viable for most content in this game.  Sure there is a "meta", but that's more of a "suggested" set than it is mandatory.

I -never- think about what faction I'm gonna fight when I set up my gear.  I just take a mix of gear I like using along with one or two things that I know get the job done.  

It's a mix of efficiency and preference, and I've yet to encounter any serious issues.  When I DO run into a problem, I -ADJUST-.    Unfortunately, it seems the new trend is people just complaining about it being "bad game design" because they'd rather the game redesign to make it easier...than actually put in effort.

To me, it's like watching someone argue with a friggin' TREE to move out of their way and getting into a whole debate about how trees ought be planted and so on....rather than just adjust their path and walk around it.  

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

What do you want me to say ? I shot a Nox in the head once and he didn't die.... to me thats not just Good because Freaking Noxes are a pain in the ass.

Well there you go... sure its a great Sniper rifle but that weapon class as a whole isn't top tier...

Im sorry but Play Style is irrelevant when it comes to Tanky Enemies that take 20 Minutes to kill... now if we were talking about something like ESO or Bounties then you would have a Point because I can't use this thing while Aim gliding or sliding and the General Forced InAccuracy on all Sniper Rifles when not Aim is just the final nail in the Coffin for me.... Being Force to zoom in General is super anoying but its exponentially worse when it comes to Snipers.

Then Don't miss... its not the Lanka's fault if I don't hit my target.

It also runs out of ammo because of this..... You were saying something About Zero Damage ?

I did... Lanka Deals More Damage.... Rubico Deals Less Damage.... 

Use a Shotgun.... There.... Comprehensive Reccomendation at its Finest.

Im sorry I don't remember the game giving me Weapon Slots to test drive which of its 9 Billion Weapons is better... were we suppose to get them ? Should I be contacting support ? 

Ease is irrelevant. You need to be Lucky.... luck isn't a skill.

Easy.... even with Charm you still have to go out and get them yourself. The Biggest pain in the Ass being Potatoes.... there just arent enough of them going around to allow people to Experiment for themselves.... 

No.... I had to pay to get both... and then I had suffer god know how many waves of hydron and how many Forma to see which of them is good.... then I had to sacrifice a Potato that I wanted to use on something else to get the most of both of them. 

Exactly where was I given anything ? It was a tedious grind.

THATS BECAUSE IT IS !!! literally theres a bunch of examples where this happens due to S#&$ty drop rates and Odd difficulty spikes... I would have quite long time ago if there weren't any better equiped players one shotting bosses for Orokin Cells... apparently they are rare enough to make people do this... to this day I can't tell you how you're suppose to defeat the Phorid...theres always someone getting to it first and killing it before you even see it.... its so bad that my record for completing a phorid run is 8 SECONDS because this can be done while players are still loadig in... 8 SECONDS !!!

I would have quit if friends weren't nice enough to buy slots for me so I could use both the Essential Frames and frames that I actually like using... this is pretty much why I don't trade... I don't know how much Magus Repair is worth but yesterday I gave a complete set to my clan mate to spare him the God Awful Fortuna Grind... atleast now he can go through the Fortnuna Grind at his own Pace rather than feeling the pressure to rush through it like most of us do which I hope has a significant impact on his experience For the better... who knows he might take the time to just explore alil... that is far worth more to me than platinum. Im also Tempted to just add anyone who tells me "Just trade and buy it with platium" to my Ignore list because now its really starting to piss me off... I mean if this day ever comes then I may aswell quit... this just isn't the standard that was set for me when I started playing.

I just ran into level 75 Wolf -twice- back-to-back with a PUB squad.  I had my Inaros and Paracesis.  Wasn't modded for the Wolf..just happened to be leveling my Kavat. 

My Paracesis is NOT part of the "wolf meta", and yet I was hitting him, consistently, with red crits in excess of 50k damage PER HIT.  Then our squad's Valkyr offered to Warcry me...and the Nidus linked me.   RIP Wolf.

That took less than 5 minutes each time.

Might've been 10 if they weren't there.

You don't NEED the meta.  It's a suggestion. You can easily play "your way" and still make it work.  

You can make progress, or you can make excuses... but you can't do both.

I ran into wolf today. My Radiation Tiberon Prime with Crit chance, crit dmg, dmg riven said hello!

He was so nice, left behind his hammers blueprint for me. 😃

Nah, he's been nerfed enough as it is. He's very easy if you're properly prepared for him. And if you're not, that's kinda your own fault; he's supposed to be tough and dangerous.

Just now, SordidDreams said:

Nah, he's been nerfed enough as it is. He's very easy if you're properly prepared for him. And if you're not, that's kinda your own fault; he's supposed to be tough and dangerous.

Tough? Yeah, if we mean more effective health = tougher.

Dangerous? Considering that he's rather easy to kite around and lead, not really, no. The three guys accompanying him pose more of a threat than him.

I remember one time I had a wolf spawn in when I was leveling some terrible weapons. As usual I ran some other elemental mods that don't give rad damage on both my primary and secondary. I didn't even have shattering impact on my melee either. So I decided to spawn in some helpers and hid in the tunnels. Eventually I got him glitched so he would just stand in one spot and do literally nothing. Then I proceeded to blast him with my operator amp with the swarkk and that took roughly about 30-45 minutes. Really irritating that he has such high health and consider him difficult but really its just a nusiance.

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

Well, the three guys are relatively threatening. Still could run around in circles and end up being a stalemate, because frankly, the guys aren't that relentless. Now, if they spew their molotovs like vomit after a drunk night out, then yeah, maybe it could be considered dangerous.

Just now, Renegade343 said:

Well, the three guys are relatively threatening. Still could run around in circles and end up being a stalemate, because frankly, the guys aren't that relentless. Now, if they spew their molotovs like vomit after a drunk night out, then yeah, maybe it could be considered dangerous.

I mean, yeah, that's kinda the point. You're supposed to separate the Wolf from his pack.

3 hours ago, Blatantfool said:

"It's simple! You've just gotta toss gameplay variety out the window! Do this specific, possibly unfun thing! I like it so you should too!"

You've gotta watch it, Knosses, because when you try to be flippant and tell people stuff like "You were just playing wrong!" you immediately come off closer to these italics than you probably intend to. It's the rough part about feedback about the Wolf. He just doesn't mesh well when you move between the different kinds of players who enjoy the game. The clashing of styles and preferences make communication hard.

The reason there are so many split hairs about the Wolf is because much of the defense of how he works ignores that some players can't stand playing close to the meta while on the flipside most of the people who can't stand having to carry some meta frag-cannon strat around like a security blanket don't want to hear crap like "Play to the Meta."

Wolf is a pretty dumb boss. The split in the community discussion is born from how dumb he is. He can only be a positive light for a specific subset of players and he can be downright detrimental to the fun of others. 

thank you. i feel like this sums up what i have been saying for a few days now..

So today I finally finished getting a riven I wanted for my status Zaw. 54 rolls. Took quite a while to farm up and I wanted to take it out for a spin. It's a pretty strong weapon, so I'll just go in with it to complete a simple Kuva Flood. Shouldn't be a problem.

Guess who spawns? Lvl 75 wolf in duo with a friend.

Fun times. Back to crit radiation melee weapon until this crap event ends. So much for trying to have fun in a video game.

3 hours ago, Blatantfool said:

"It's simple! You've just gotta toss gameplay variety out the window! Do this specific, possibly unfun thing! I like it so you should too!"

You've gotta watch it, Knosses, because when you try to be flippant and tell people stuff like "You were just playing wrong!" you immediately come off closer to these italics than you probably intend to. It's the rough part about feedback about the Wolf. He just doesn't mesh well when you move between the different kinds of players who enjoy the game. The clashing of styles and preferences make communication hard.

The reason there are so many split hairs about the Wolf is because much of the defense of how he works ignores that some players can't stand playing close to the meta while on the flipside most of the people who can't stand having to carry some meta frag-cannon strat around like a security blanket don't want to hear crap like "Play to the Meta."

Wolf is a pretty dumb boss. The split in the community discussion is born from how dumb he is. He can only be a positive light for a specific subset of players and he can be downright detrimental to the fun of others. 

Exactly that, it is not that he is incredibly difficult - it is just that being constanly prepared for wolf makes everything else DULL/BORING AS F*K.
Which by the way make him not spawning in boss missions hypocritical - every mission he spawn in is a boss mission...

you know i think that the wolf should be pretty weak but his current toughness is where all normal assassination bosses should be roughly.

Imagine if Phroid was as tough as the wolf currently is... being honest my Valkyr can one shot that boss even with it leveled to 100 in sorties..

but yeah, the randomly spawning bullet sponge of i hope you brought Ammo Pads needs to be fixed properly.. abilities and status effects need to affect him. there is legit not reason for something that strong in a normal mission, its only acceptable in assassination missions.

DE is losing players over this.. people are tired of the wolf ruining normal gameplay for them.

yes you can always bring a "anti wolf weapon" or other, but FFS not everyone wants to, its freaking boring to be limited to a few weapons just to deal with a 6% chance of boring bullet sponge that turns 5minutes for the first 5 waves of hydron into 25-30minutes if your unlucky.

4 hours ago, BROMOU said:

当你在单人游戏时,遇见土星六号,你通常无法击败他,此角色需要被削弱,以保障玩家的正常游戏体验

Didn't you chinese players get Excalibur Umbra Prime as a founder exclusive? Just use that. (¬w¬)

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

Didn't you chinese players get Excalibur Umbra Prime as a founder exclusive? Just use that. (¬w¬)

Oh yes just always use umbra now nothing else allowed.

Hey guys, NOOB here.

I use Valkyr with rad and shattering impart in her 4 for the Wolf. Works OK.

But just wanted to ask. Does Smite from Oberon not work at all on him? I think I tried it and it wouldn't work.

51 minutes ago, ManiacRS said:

Does Smite from Oberon not work at all on him? I think I tried it and it wouldn't work.

Nope. He's immune to all most abilities other than exalted weapons.

18 минут назад, SordidDreams сказал:

Nope. He's immune to all abilities other than exalted weapons.

Nope. Nova's AMD (fully charged) deals 20K-50K damage to him depending on his armor state and level

2 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

The thing is he's only easy IF you're running specific gear to take down the wolf. 

Compared with the other assassins, why should he be harder than the shadow stalker, there's nothing mentioned in the lore to say why he's so 'strong' compared with an assassin that technically is essentially using an 'sentient enhanced' warframe against us.

I've been levelling and for some reason I got to see wolfie several times yesterday (makes a nice change seeing as I still need the bp) and luckily enough I've been running titania just in case but if you're not running a 'meta' setup specifically for the wolf it takes an excessively long time to take him down, especially if he's spawning at level 70 (I thought he was capped to below that....), it's not because he's actually hard, as said elsewhere the wolf pack and their napalm is far more dangerous, it's just he's got so much health and armor to draw out the fight. 

Being required to run a specific meta build every mission in case the wolf turns up is really poorly thought out design in all honesty when no other assassin actually requires this.

I like the wolf, how he telegraphs his moves and stuff, when I go down to him it doesn't feel cheap, it feels like I should get better.

The problem is his invincible mooks, those guys feel cheap.

Also, not being able to cast our abilities on the Wolf feels cheap.  I tried to cast smite on him but no dice. That's dumb and cheap.

His tankiness is...eh...

If I have a just in case weapon to deal with him (Kitgun, Tombfinger/LoveTap/Splat) his tankiness feels a bit too much.

If I come loaded for bear wolf (Khora, Venari with Sharpened Claws, Exergis) his tankiness is Just right to kind meh.

If I don't have a high crit Rad weapon on me?  Nah man, nah.  He's too tanky, he and his minions are annoying, it takes what feels like half an hour, and he drops molten impact.

Possible impossible solution: make him scale off our weapons

Possible Solution: Nerf the wolf/his minions.  Make it so he has an increased chance of spawn if everyone in the squad does a wolf howl emote, and if they do so he spawns tankier than usual.

19 minutes ago, ManiacRS said:

Hey guys, NOOB here.

I use Valkyr with rad and shattering impart in her 4 for the Wolf. Works OK.

But just wanted to ask. Does Smite from Oberon not work at all on him? I think I tried it and it wouldn't work.

Yeah true enough not many abilities can affect the Wolf, while Shattering Impact; Sundering Dash; and Sharpened Claws on Kavat can reduce his armor. Sadly, nothing an Oberon does works on him outside of Iron Renewal for trying to keep his allies alive. Going invulnerable is usually a pretty good method of lasting through his damage - around 700 plus damage to players getting 78 regeneration and 340 armor from Iron Renewal. Just make sure you either finish him before losing your invulnerability or run away from him right before it ends or the built up damage will hit hard when your foes still stand within your safe distance.

18 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Nope. He's immune to all abilities other than exalted weapons.

That feels wrong, IMO. Also I don't like how his 3 stug... eh... minions are invincible until you kill him. We should be able to clear them first.

41 minutes ago, denis-ldv said:

Nope. Nova's AMD (fully charged) deals 20K-50K damage to him depending on his armor state and level

Oh yeah, you're right. Hotfix in 3, 2, 1...

41 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

he's only easy IF you're running specific gear to take down the wolf

Well yeah. That's true of any and all challenging content in WF, though. Everything can be trivialized by just picking the correct equipment, and quite a few things are extremely hard if you don't. WF is very much a stat-based game where success is mostly determined by bringing the correct and sufficiently leveled gear. If you don't like that, you're playing the wrong game.

41 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Being required to run a specific meta build every mission in case the wolf turns up is really poorly thought out design

I would agree if that were actually the case, but it isn't. All you really need is one decent weapon. I don't think that's too much to ask. A lot of the complaints I'm seeing are along the lines of "I had three level 0 weapons and I couldn't kill him in Hydron". Like, yeah, duh. Also, what are you doing leveling guns in Hydron, why aren't you in ESO.

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Oh yeah, you're right. Hotfix in 3, 2, 1...

Well yeah. That's true of any and all challenging content in WF, though. Everything can be trivialized by just picking the correct equipment, and quite a few things are extremely hard if you don't. WF is very much a stat-based game where success is mostly determined by bringing the correct and sufficiently leveled gear. If you don't like that, you're playing the wrong game. 

I would agree if that were actually the case, but it isn't. All you really need is one decent weapon. I don't think that's too much to ask. A lot of the complaints I'm seeing are along the lines of "I had three level 0 weapons and I couldn't kill him in Hydron". Like, yeah, duh. Also, what are you doing leveling guns in Hydron, why aren't you in ESO.

You don't need specific setups to fight the stalker, g3 or zanuka.  The stalker is trivialised by operators so for those of us at that point in the game can be taking rank 0 weapons and kill them without issues.  Zanuka is basically dead before it turns up and g3 isn't exactly hard.  Wolf on the other hand is completely out of balance with the others and as I said doesn't make any sense at the moment why he is stronger than the shadow stalker. 

Also it's not just about your rank of weapon, it's about how it's built, I'm sure you know that a rank 0 weapon on an mr25 is considerably different to a rank 0 on an mr5 player... Different enemies/factions work best with different elemental damage types but the thing is very few enemies benefit from the use of radiation so in essence we don't build for that, wolfie requires crit and radiation for the most effect. 

Also when levelling (assuming you can) you can take an archgun (with crit/radiation) but even that isn't exactly hugely effective in my experience, which is kind of comical considering it's supposed to take down a big ass orb mother....  wolfie could have been another reason to bother with getting gravimags.

Either way the point still remains that if you want to beat the wolf in an effective and timely manner you do need a setup specifically aimed at killing him, no other assassin requires that.   We can take down the others with rank 0 weaponry without any real issue and while I'm not saying make the wolf 'easier', I do think it needs to remove the necessity of a 'meta build' to kill it in a reasonable amount of time.... you can't honestly think 20-30mins (longer in some cases from what I've seen) to kill him is acceptable for what he drops.

Also I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not but wolfie (and others) spawn more frequently when you're running lower level items (conclave score or something iirc) so saying don't take low level gear is kind of counter productive if you're actually wanting to fight the wolf...

4 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

Tough? Yeah, if we mean more effective health = tougher.

Dangerous? Considering that he's rather easy to kite around and lead, not really, no. The three guys accompanying him pose more of a threat than him.

4 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

I mean, yeah, that's kinda the point. You're supposed to separate the Wolf from his pack.

Garuda and her 2 (Blood Altar) makes separating the pack from him quite easy.  While giving healing to boot.  While it doesn't kill them while Wolf is still alive, it does effectively take them out of the fight for awhile.