Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acersecomic

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Not seeing this mentioned but I may have missed the reply. Since the sentient juice the Wolf is now treated as a sentient, so Paracesis and sacrificial mods make short work of him regardless of level. He can be a pain until you figure out a build against him, but its an event boss. The goal of events is to make players try new tactics and find options outside their "comfort zone" to deal with it. I was annoyed at first with his bullet sponge aspect, until I figured out I was just doing it wrong and he dies just as fast as stalker if you have the right weapon. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Wait. What was Stalker's spawn rate that you felt like changing your loadout just for him?

It took a long time before I finally did that. Many, many months. I did not like doing that and I am not doing it again.

And hey you can just let the wolf's event expire, right?

I assume that by this, you mean "stop playing the game for the duration". If I'm doing that, I may as well drop the game entirely. 3 months is a pretty long time.

This is confusing. You keep suggesting that there's something that's not fun for you because you usually quit rather than face it, as your status procs aren't doing what you insist that they do.

"What I insist they do" is what they do on every single other enemy in the game. Even large dropships with twin turreted armour piercing autocannons.

17 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Really? Because apparently void lasers are a thing.

Really? I can place down a void laser in any mission that I like?

As are ledges.

Ledges are utterly irrelevant when the topic is a massive bullet sponge with unreasonable tankiness.

As is void mode. As is Garuda. As is Valkyr. As is archgun. As is just carrying any of all of the possible high crit radiation damage combinations that exist.

Void mode is utterly irrelevant when the topic is a massive bullet sponge with unreasonable tankiness.

As is Valkyr. As is archgun. As is just carrying any of all of the possible high crit radiation damage combinations that exist.

Valkyr is utterly irrelevant when the topic is a massive bullet sponge with unreasonable tankiness.

As is archgun.

Archguns are utterly irrelevant when the topic is a massive bullet sponge with unreasonable tankiness.

As is just carrying any of all of the possible high crit radiation damage combinations that exist. 

Which of those is the "exactly one way" that you're thinking about?

The thing which you just mentioned, keep mentioning and keep ignoring. That radiation crits are the only way to do any reasonable level of damage to this boss.

Last time I checked aborting a mission as soon as a specific enemy shows up means not killing anymore enemies in mission. That is how it works isn't it? Also you've spoken about how long it takes to do the job, which is probably due to not being able to do it faster.

Irrelevant. Again, point to the bit where I said that I was unable to kill this enemy.

Well since you have no issue with going from oneshotting to tenshotting the wolf's requiring more shots is clearly just a matter of a few degrees up the ladder. Sort of like an eidolon, or lephantis, or haemocyst, or Stalker, or acolytes, or Juggernaut, or Phorid, or bosses, or sentient drones, or eximus enemies or......

So by that note, a randomly appearing enemy which requires a million shots is acceptable to you?

Well seeing as how we know from DE that his spawn rate started very low and got ramped up to 6% I'm going to have to ask you for proof. I'll also need to know when was the last time your crystal ball was calibrated to original specifications by a certified precog support technician.

Where exactly is the "have encountered this enemy X times" number listed in the game? I've seen him either 4 or 5 times (can't remember exactly which of those two numbers, probably the latter). As for what the next recurring boss will be, I don't see why it'll be any different than the current one. I've seen nothing to indicate that it will be otherwise.

Yes. And in this game there are many different things that we need to be able to do. Many of them are so radically different from the others that the skillsets have little to no overlap. So while you may be excellent at one, you can be really bad at another. It's insanely myopic to think that just because you're great at killing low level infested, that you can automatically do 6x3 solo tridolon hunts.

You have once again completely failed to explain why wailing on an enormous bullet sponge for 5 minutes is in any way or form a test of skill or challenge to the player.

18 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Do you have any health or property insurance? Lots of people do. Same with auto insurance. Most of the time we need neither. But if it turns out that having it would have been a good idea, it's better to be prepared for the eventuality. But I guess you're right, if it has a low probability I should just drop my coverage.....

The difference here is that getting said insurance is something that's done in the background with a relatively low expenditure of money and very little change to your day-to-day life. The equivalent here would be paying X credits or some relatively common resource per day/mission/whatever to make the wolf, should he actually appear, into something which doesn't have ridiculous HP and the BS innate damage reduction.

18 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I certainly do. I fasten my seatbelt every single time I drive a car or fly in a plane. I have no idea when or even if I will ever need it. So do most people. 

I've seen numbers that suggest that the odds of being in a car accident might be less than 6% per year but I don't know how valid they are. The odds per day or per drive are miniscule. Buckling up every day still seems like a good idea. You should probably do that too if you don't already do it.

Does buckling up your seatbelt make a huge change in the way in which you would have driven or ridden that plane? No.

Oh, and:

8 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

My Paracesis is NOT part of the "wolf meta", and yet I was hitting him, consistently, with red crits in excess of 50k damage PER HIT.  Then our squad's Valkyr offered to Warcry me...and the Nidus linked me.   RIP Wolf.

That took less than 5 minutes each time.

Might've been 10 if they weren't there.

5 minutes of non-stop wailing on a single monster and that's with 2 buffs resulting in 50k damage per hit. Does this seem reasonable to you?

4 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

5 minutes of non-stop wailing on a single monster and that's with 2 buffs resulting in 50k damage per hit. Does this seem reasonable to you?

I did it again without that same squad setup.  I was doing 50k anyway, just took a few moments longer to get to it, but my Paracesis is just a basic Crit build. 
It's also a "free" weapon, so....

Yes, this seems very reasonable.

It's not just wailing on him for 5 minutes.  It forces us to change directive (like when Lotus changes things from one mission to "exterminate" on the fly).  Now we need to lock down the objective, protect it from super-strong minions by using our CC, while the rest of us focus on the big bad wolf.

I quite enjoy the slight challenge.  It's a change of pace, keeps me on my toes, and makes the world feel more dynamic and alive, rather than just "I'll click here and do all the pre-meditated things I expect to do with no surprises".

tbh, it's the LACK of fear, lack of concern, and lack of surprise that makes games become "boring".  So no, I don't just want to "plan" for him.  I WANT to be taken off-guard.  

Rise to the occasion.

To provide an alternative viewpoint - being always ready for Wolf (and his difficulty) meaning you are nearly always significantly overgeared for content you had actually chosen. Turning entire game into dull and boring self-back-patting for simpletons...

Dear DE, 

The Wolf of Saturn Six is not a fun fight. At this point i just leave mission when he decides to pop in and say hello. He takes anywhere from 10+ minutes to kill and drops nothing but Fever Strike. Can you like....NOT make a cancer boss that nobody even wants to try and kill anymore? Either that or ACTUALLY nerf him.

Now on a side note. Challenging does not mean "Oh, lets give him super armor" and make him not even worth killing. Either make his loot table better and worth killing him or nerf his obnoxious armor

As somebody struggling for his spawns, this hurt me on a deep level 😞 I can't even fathom running past him.  Mind you he will never pose enough threat to kill me nor jeopardize a mission, so I have nothing to lose by taking him on except 1-2 min of my time.

3 hours ago, Deccessus said:

NOT make a cancer boss that nobody even wants to try and kill anymore?

I absolutely do want to meet and fight and kill the wolf.
You DO NOT speak for everyone. Most certainly not for me.
It does not matter though as you have successfully chosen one of the most god-forsaken, forgotten place to post feedback into, a place where DE never visits.

Drop table sucks, that I agree with. It should be guaranteed that a Wolf Sledge part is dropped.

19 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Im sorry but Play Style is irrelevant when it comes to Tanky Enemies that take 20 Minutes to kill...

Good thing I haven't run into any enemies that take 20 minutes to kill recently. It's just been the regular waves on Hydron and every so often a Stalker appears or the Syndicate goon squads and occasionally, the wolf. They all die pretty quickly. 

Which tanky enemies are you running into? 

17 hours ago, RushBCyka said:

Actual basic gear, such as mods like vitality and serration (seriously, how many dozens of copies do you have lying around?)

HA! I know the answer to this one. It's less than 2 dozen. Because I currently have less than 2 dozen of everything. Because I've been converting all to endo. Because I'm trying to max out the primed mods on my kitgun. Because I wanna be able to kill the wolf with it just a little bit faster. 😭

Plus I like seeing the 98k+ damage readings floating up from what used to be an ordinary Grineer. 🤓

15 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

There is really a -serious- issue with this community, and tbh the larger gaming community as a whole these days, throwing around terms like "garbage" or "trash" when describing perfectly viable gear.  It really isn't a great first impression for new players, to be sure, and tbh it's just flat out wrong.  

You're right, but it's also a symptom of what's causing a lot of the problems in this thread. It's a case of "I don't like it for some petty reason therefore it is bad". Instead of adapting to the situation there's a sense of entitlement that makes them feel like everyone else, including DE needs to adapt to make the game suit their tastes. It's an "I have lost all objectivity and so therefore my feelings are going to be represented as indisputable facts regardless of how easily you can show that they are illogical."

There's absolutely no sense of "wow, I find this difficult to do, but others seem to be able to do it easily, perhaps the problem is that I'm not doing the right things, what are some of the ways that I can improve?" 

15 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I just ran into level 75 Wolf -twice- back-to-back with a PUB squad.  I had my Inaros and Paracesis.  Wasn't modded for the Wolf..just happened to be leveling my Kavat. 

My Paracesis is NOT part of the "wolf meta", and yet I was hitting him, consistently, with red crits in excess of 50k damage PER HIT.  Then our squad's Valkyr offered to Warcry me...and the Nidus linked me.   RIP Wolf.

That took less than 5 minutes each time.

Nice 😀

7 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

It took a long time before I finally did that. Many, many months. I did not like doing that and I am not doing it again.

So... In an ever changing game your plan is to refuse to adapt to meet any new challenges? Yeah that's explaining why your main options are 1) run away from an enemy you will have difficulty taking down in a reasonable amount of time, or 2) take forever to do what others can easily do. 

Congrats, you are the ultimate source of your own distress. I could have sworn that we already covered this part. 

I assume that by this, you mean "stop playing the game for the duration". If I'm doing that, I may as well drop the game entirely. 3 months is a pretty long time.

You really shouldn't assume things. You did it when you decided that the setup on your weapon was "good" enough to take on the wolf when it's readily apparent that its not. What I meant is that there are areas where the spawn rate is exactly zero. 

Also, you really need to get a better calendar, there is less than a month to go to May 15th. (And the spawn rate used to be much lower than in this last push to the end in the first few months.) Pretty sure we went over all of this too.

Really? I can place down a void laser in any mission that I like?

You certainly can in Void defense missions. (I play Rhino a lot, it helps to notice these things.) It usually downs other non-rhino allies if you activate them in mission. Now you can do it and be praised by the group instead. 

Ledges are utterly irrelevant when the topic is a massive bullet sponge with unreasonable tankiness.

Not at all, because any enemy that can't hurt you while you can hurt it, is just called "an easy target" and as demonstrated by several people what you are calling "a massive bullet sponge" is actually "something that can be killed in a reasonable number of shots if you are better equipped". 

Of course you have chosen to refuse to prepare, so I can understand your confusion. 

Valkyr is utterly irrelevant when the topic is a massive bullet sponge with unreasonable tankiness.

Oh but you see Valkyr doesn't need any bullets to take him down in a reasonable amount of time. 😉

Archguns are utterly irrelevant when the topic is a massive bullet sponge with unreasonable tankiness.

Again, with a good archgun what you are calling "unreasonable tankiness", ceases to be an issue. 

The thing which you just mentioned, keep mentioning and keep ignoring. That radiation crits are the only way to do any reasonable level of damage to this boss.

Not at all. There was recently mention of a sword that isn't going to be anyone's go-to doing 50k of damage per hit for a frame that doesn't do any extra damage. This outclasses your shotgun by about 3x doesn't it? Even counting the damage increase that your radiation can get it looks like he's still outclassing you in terms of potential damage. Imagine if his teammates were able to contribute similarly. 

Now my weapon does a lot of radiation damage so it doesn't take me anything near that long to drop the wolf. But if I'm right, 4 of @Taishin_Ishu dealing roughly equal damage, would have left me in their dust.

But I get it. You need some kind of excuse for why you aren't taking him down in a reasonable amount of time. So I suppose we can pretend that it's the "only way" if it makes you feel better. 👍😉

Irrelevant. Again, point to the bit where I said that I was unable to kill this enemy.

Oh just each and every time you've complained about how long it would take you to kill him, mentioned that you prefer to run away, talked how much ammo he sponges up, and the part where your really well thought out shotgun damage spread, turned out to be anything but. I'll do you one better. Post a video of you killing him and then striking a pose for the camera after, so we can see how long it takes you with the shotgun. I'll have the popcorn. 

So by that note, a randomly appearing enemy which requires a million shots is acceptable to you?

Sure, so long as I can mod my weapon to do 50k+ shots worth of damage with each shot. Or use my warframe abilities to boost the output to 100k worth of shots with each shot. Or use my environment to help me kill the enemy in seconds. Or can reasonably expect 3 other players to contribute meaningfully to the effort. 

Remember, we already established that each of your shots is doing a paltry amount of damage. That's why it's taking you so long to get it done, and why you are running away from the fight unless it's a really low level. 

Where exactly is the "have encountered this enemy X times" number listed in the game? I've seen him either 4 or 5 times (can't remember exactly which of those two numbers, probably the latter). As for what the next recurring boss will be, I don't see why it'll be any different than the current one. I've seen nothing to indicate that it will be otherwise.

Wait, you mean that you're just making stuff up at this point, because you're upset about not being able to kill one character with a ridiculously low appearance rate in a reasonable amount of time/effort with your poorly modded weapon? Wow. And here I almost believed that you actually knew what you were on about. 😔

You have once again completely failed to explain why wailing on an enormous bullet sponge for 5 minutes is in any way or form a test of skill or challenge to the player.

Oh that was the other guy. It doesn't usually seem to take me that long. And I explained it many pages ago I think. Maybe it was another thread? They all look the same these days. They even mostly have the same people saying the same things I've noticed. 

For me the challenge is not in killing the wolf, or in not letting him kill me, or in managing his buddies, or in protecting the defense objective if it's Hydron, it's in doing all at the same time. I enjoy taking him out, and even the anticipation of checking to see what he dropped this time. 

The difference here is that getting said insurance is something that's done in the background with a relatively low expenditure of money and very little change to your day-to-day life. The equivalent here would be paying X credits or some relatively common resource per day/mission/whatever to make the wolf, should he actually appear, into something which doesn't have ridiculous HP and the BS innate damage reduction.

Oh you don't know how ridiculous insurance is in my country. Real pain in the butt to get your money out of the bastards. Between us I did the board test that you need to do to be an agent or broker, did ridiculously well, and I still don't know Jack about what the hell they are on about half of the time. Huge scam if you ask me, but at least when I flex with the results, they seem to get a bit more careful about playing it fast and loose. 😈

Does buckling up your seatbelt make a huge change in the way in which you would have driven or ridden that plane? No.

Oh, and:

I dunno mate. I've been in a few minor accidents and thankfully I haven't ever been hurt badly. On the other I have and had friends who couldn't say the same. And yes even relatively minor accidents can sometimes do very serious damage. My thinking is that I'm better safe than sorry. You're free to not follow the same protocol, but I do advise buckling up. 

For a more in-game example, does using the kitgun instead of my arca plasmor make a huge difference in the way I play warframe?  LOL, no, most stuff dies in one shot anyway. The only thing I can say feels really different is how they deal with the wolf. One does it faster because it's better suited to the task I want done. 

Heck no. Firstly it would have been far better if he'd had a different melee weapon. They should have also been dealing a significant part of the damage (there is a valkyr in that equation in case you missed it). They came unprepared to do what was ultimately needed, and relied on one teammate to carry. 

But they did support him and did help him to go a good deal faster which is far better than what would have happened if they decided to just bail because they were scared that they couldn't deal with it in a reasonable amount of time because they refused to modify a weapon even temporarily. 

So they ultimately get a thumbs up from me. 

On 2019-04-21 at 6:27 PM, Zilchy said:

Well the thing is he scales with the amount of players but that means that all 4 players are expected to contribute. If they're not, that means the other players have it tougher and that's just the risk of playing pub. Solo I can drop him in less than a minute and in a group it's only a few minutes with a good weapon. 

He's just the same solo, nigh on unkillable for an average player, he's a very poor design of encounter ie huge health and armour ... that's his only defining ability and its a poor one.

The wolf can f*ck off! I can go days without hearing him howl then suddenly when i am leveling up a frame solo in the derelict, farming scans, he spawns, i am set on fire by his Molotov throwing guard dogs, and can't get any time to kill his bullet sponge a**. This has happened 5 times since returning 2 weeks ago out of the 7 times i have seen him. I would love to see the wolf more often but not when I am leveling up a frame.

PLEASE DE, If you are going to have something be this tankie, then don't let it spawn when we are leveling up a warframe because that is the most often spawn rate is when alone and leveling. Please make him less likely to be spawned on when solo because that is some ganking bs if he has 3 buddies that throw heavy fire damage cocktails that kill me in 5 ticks if i am not watching. Or at the very least the number of guard dogs he spawns with is reduced per ally(meaning 0 if alone so you can 1v1 him) and what is your deal with AOE weapons? We have to have selective weapons for self damage but enemies can throw around cocktails that kill you in 3 seconds? sure...that is REALLY balanced...

1 hour ago, ShakariPsy said:

He's just the same solo, nigh on unkillable for an average player, he's a very poor design of encounter ie huge health and armour ... that's his only defining ability and its a poor one.

That's just not true mate. If they bring either a kavat or a melee with shattering impact to strip his armour first they'll find that they can kill him. If I can do it in seconds, they can do it in minutes.

The Sponge of Saturn Six is still ignoring the level cap they supposedly added (He isn't ever supposed to be over level 60 for example), he's still pointlessly tanky and if you don't have a kitted out radiation weapon equipped, hope someone else does. He rarely drops parts for a weapon that isn't all that great and a hat. His mods are common and more easily acquired elsewhere.

Honestly since they can't be bothered to actually implement the fixes they say they do, I can't be bothered to waste my time on yet another fun-tax.

So to answer the question in the first post: Unless I have a radiation-specced Opticor equipped or someone else is specifically running an anti-wolf setup, yes. I will abort the mission because it isn't worth the time it would take to kill him, even if that was 'only' 2 or 3 minutes.

I fight him when he shows up for all the good it does me. He hasn't dropped a bloody thing in ages. I've fought him solo twice today which granted me a grand total of nothing. My wife has fought him in public missions at least four times today, also got nothing for it. This has been going on like this for about the last half of the nightwave... thing.

I wouldn't mind the Wolf showing up if the fight had some kind of point to it. If people are having the same luck we are I don't blame 'em for cutting their losses and just leaving the mission. Not everyone has the inclination to dump their time down such a pointless endeavor. 

::EDIT::

Also, not for nothing, but I love how Ash's Seeking Shuriken augment is just suddenly useless against this enemy for no reason at all. LOVE IT.

18 hours ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

Didn't you chinese players get Excalibur Umbra Prime as a founder exclusive? Just use that. (¬w¬)

I hate Excalibur Umbra Prime very much.The Chinese agent version is too stupid.I like WARFRAME on STEAM

Ivara and Zenistar, Just go Invisible and throw the Disk, then go make a Sandwich, watch Lord of the Rings, and come back in the Morning, and he should be dead.

I don’t know if I’m the only one but I have had the wolf spawn twice in a row this month when I was mr farming formaing weapons on hydron. I think it’s ridiculous it’s even possible the wolf has 40% damage reduction and a lot of armor with 4 lvl 70 enemies that can’t be touched till wolf goes down.

With having like...90% damage reduction I kinda wish I could do at least SOMETHING to stagger him or...anything really. Plus with the sweep of his attacks it feels like I'm back in a Souls game where if I'm in front i'm getting hit, but if i'm behind i'm safe. I noticed that he only tracks 'so much' but the whirlwind charge almost seems like a guaranteed hit?

On 2019-04-22 at 12:00 PM, Aldain said:

Inb4 about 7 people saying "He's easy if you use -insanely min-maxed build- git gud scrub"

Seeing an awful lot of this in this thread. Maybe not the "git gud scrub" part, but an awful lot of "just use high-powered rare expensive lategame/endgame high-MR weapon with this extremely specific set of rare mods and you can take him out ez." If an event boss that can show up at any time, in any mission, at any stage of the game and is a miserable slog of a fight with normal frames/mods/gear and becomes regular ol' boring with overpowered endgame gear, then maybe it's badly designed.

And I know this is going to sound strange to the whales, oldbies, and poopsockers out there, but some of us just aren't far enough in the game to have access to the things required to actually deal decent damage against the Wolf. Crazy, right? Some of us aren't high enough MR, some of us aren't willing to spend money, some of us just don't have the time to grind these things out. It sounds fake, but it's true.

The Wolf reeks of Pet Boss syndrome, like Absolute Virtue in FF11 or the Moon Lord in Terraria. I feel like there's some dev on the team who thinks Wolf is the coolest thing ever and when there's any negative feedback, he plugs his ears and goes "LA LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING, MY PERFECT BEAUTIFUL BABY IS PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL, THESE DUMB CASUALS ARE JUST BAD AT THE GAME, I REFUSE TO NERF HIM!" Come on, man. Come on. I'm like 95% sure it's just one dev on the team responsible for this nonsense. I am trying to use grown-up words and not swear, but it's difficult. How did this guy even get on the team if his ideas are this bad and he's this resistant to criticism? Come on. You made a bad thing. The players hate it. When it shows up, people straight up leave. That means it's bad.

Please fix the Wolf.

Radiation damage is very useful against him if you have bad or mediocre weapons and your levelling so you are low level in gear overall then you can try to put radiation elemental combo on the weapon which deals more damage on him. Hard to kill alone this is fine, it meant to be challenge but not impossible.

4 hours ago, LunarShadow55 said:

The wolf can f*ck off! I can go days without hearing him howl then suddenly when i am leveling up a frame solo in the derelict, farming scans, he spawns, i am set on fire by his Molotov throwing guard dogs, and can't get any time to kill his bullet sponge a**. This has happened 5 times since returning 2 weeks ago out of the 7 times i have seen him. I would love to see the wolf more often but not when I am leveling up a frame.

PLEASE DE, If you are going to have something be this tankie, then don't let it spawn when we are leveling up a warframe because that is the most often spawn rate is when alone and leveling. Please make him less likely to be spawned on when solo because that is some ganking bs if he has 3 buddies that throw heavy fire damage cocktails that kill me in 5 ticks if i am not watching. Or at the very least the number of guard dogs he spawns with is reduced per ally(meaning 0 if alone so you can 1v1 him) and what is your deal with AOE weapons? We have to have selective weapons for self damage but enemies can throw around cocktails that kill you in 3 seconds? sure...that is REALLY balanced...

He can't spawn in the sanctuary. Sanctuary is pretty good for levelling stuff up. 

Knell...

Step 1: Magus Lockdown him + fugitives (never found fugitives to be annoying)

Step 2: Hit head and go to town.

Done in a few seconds.

Did it with rhino on hydron with freshly forma'd knell.

Ohma (Maiming)
Also Destroys wolf easily, doesn't let the fight go beyond 10s
As long as you slide and dont miss, since Ohma's range is a bit small.

I ran into a a new low against him: At lvl 75 it took me and another dude ~40 minutes to get a f'ing molten impact, or whatever. At least I found a new "tactic":

As Khora use Strangle Dome to bind the fugitives then spawn an Ancient specter and order Vinari to heal it. Then hit the melee button for ~40 minutes - > "profit". 

Man, the Wolf sucks, if you can't use the cheese. 

Last time he was high level I used Exalted Blade. Other than that I haven't really done anything special other than bringing at least one Radiation modded weapon. Often that was an Imperator Vandal.

I've yet to try finding a best way. Come to think of it, maybe I should try Ivara's Navigator with a Lanka.