Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

7 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

🙄

Nah he doesn't take 20 minutes to kill unless your whole squad is doing everything really badly. 

I don't know how long he takes to kill if you are fullt prepared for him to come but if you're levelling weapons then yeah.... full squad...20 Minutes kill.

He turned up today as we were running the nightmare no-shields mission on Neptune. Didn't take long for the first squad member to quit but then the others agreed with my suggestion that we leave him with his buddies and finish the mission. I had my Wolf-ready secondary and melee weapons as I was levelling a primary but he was level 75 and they were barely scratching him. I don't see anything wrong with running away from an unwinnable situation, at least we earned a Constitution mod from the nightmare.

this might be just me being excessively bitter  about my chances of wolf dropping and chances of wolf dropping something that i can value. but for all this headache, and patience testing, anxiety induced, depression inducing mess that i have to deal with. just make  the dang sledge hammer easily available after this mess of a event of fighting this rng mess. 

i know this hammer was probably going to be some kind of badge of honer or what ever to say "i contributed in this event or i accomplished this nightwave." but the stuff in the  prestige tiers does this better. all this is excessive rng ception. which i often have in my mindset of it feeling like gambling since in my head i havent got anything of value from wolf. period. 

molten impact? got it. fever strike? have it. north wind? acquired it.  ok look this is going to be too long if i was to say what i already got so i'll say what i need.  target acquired, wolf's sledge blueprint, allof the hammers parts, and the mask is just a little it would be nice thing to have. but everything else is a i allready have or i can get from something else. 

so why excessively stuff wolfs drop table with pointless stuff? seriously i know it is for padding his drop table but you hardly bump into him, and he takes for ever to drop down if you are not using the right weapons to take him down.  

PS don't go dropping any advice about which weapon is best at killing wolf as this is more focused on meeting him, the generic time to take him down and his drop table chances.  which his drop table chances are still LOW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

I don't know how long he takes to kill if you are fullt prepared for him to come but if you're levelling weapons then yeah.... full squad...20 Minutes kill.

Nah for several reasons :

Because going into a high level node mission and trying to level all 3 weapons at the same and not being able to contribute to the fight is called leeching and that's a bad thing. 

Because even if you are trying to level 3 rank0 weapons simultaneously, you can deploy an archgun, and that's a good thing. 

Because I even one person has just one good weapon they can use for the fight, (of which there are many, many possibilities,) then they can get it done much faster, and you can contribute in other ways, and that's a good thing. 

Because with the right choice of frame and tactics, you can destroy him in a single shot, or in under a minute. 

Take your pick. 

Oh, almost forgot, the sanctuary is a really good place for levelling weapons rapidly, and the wolf doesn't spawn there. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
Last bit.

I agree, after actively farming him for hours we got trash like spinning needle and useless elemental mods while low levels doing random missions had him spawn and drop entire sets for them, I can't explain how bitter it is when you see someone bragging about how many sets they've sold when you haven't been able to get a single one even. Right now the most popular farming spot is Hydron so they should atleast increase his spawn rate there till the event ends

2 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

I agree, after actively farming him for hours we got trash like spinning needle and useless elemental mods while low levels doing random missions had him spawn and drop entire sets for them, I can't explain how bitter it is when you see someone bragging about how many sets they've sold when you haven't been able to get a single one even. Right now the most popular farming spot is Hydron so they should atleast increase his spawn rate there till the event ends

yeah increase his spawn rate and get rid of the useless stuff in his drop table. i looked at those prieces on warframe market and no one should be sane enough to spend roughly 20$ in plat to get that useless hammer. which it does cost nearly the amount since people are selling it at 240-288 platinum for a hammer with what i remember having mixed opinions on. i would rather spend around that much plat on a deluxe skin rather then a weapon.

Yeah I straight up gave up on Nightwave and ever seeing the Wolf about a week ago. I don't have enough free time to gamble my time on something as stupid as the Wolf (who even after meeting him, still would waste my time because he's quite possibly the biggest bullet sponge in the game) and a S#&$ty battle pass system disguised as a replacement for alerts that felt more rewarding for the time put into them. Nightwave, a system mean to replace alerts with a better system, is actively making me avoid this game.

Edited by AXCrusnik

14 minutes ago, (XB1)DakVoidcloaker said:

For me the most objectionable thing was adding a low-percentage-drop item like the mask after the event is half over.  Digital Extremes management does this kind of stuff far too frequently.  It's the predictable, unsurprising result when code or events are released when they quite simply aren't ready.

the 2% drop chance i can agree with but i seeing worse mechanics regarding that. like champions online adding new stuff for each of their events on the last week of the event. so for like their Halloween event if you don't get that one costume piece you want you have to wait a whole YEAR to be able to get it again. though most of the stuff is in a event vendor so you have a better chance at getting them then the way we have it currently with wolf.

Edited by maddragonmaster

Khora with good duration sharpened claws on Venari, and a exergis, or rad Tigris Prime, or any high crit high damage rad weapon.  (Kit Guns ftw)

Strangle Dome (her 4) takes care of the mooks so you can focus on killing the Wolf

Edited by (PS4)NemitheNem
adding

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nah for several reasons :

Because going into a high level node mission and trying to level all 3 weapons at the same and not being able to contribute to the fight is called leeching and that's a bad thing. 

You do realise 4 people with S#&$ty weapons can still do high level missions relatively well ? 

I completed Sortie Exterminate with an enemy augmented shields condition using an unranked Opticor Vandal... which has an innate Magnetic Proc for some unknown reason... managed to kill just fine.... mostly due to Vigorous Swap.

Because even if you are trying to level 3 rank0 weapons simultaneously, you can deploy an archgun, and that's a goothing

Archguns are Rubbish.... definitely not adequate for taking down the Wolf.

Because I even one person has just one good weapon they can use for the fight, (of which there are many, many possibilities,) then they can get it done much faster, and you can contribute in other ways, and that's a good thing. 

I always bring good enough weapond for the missions im doing.... did a Corpus mission  with my Trusty Gas and Magnetic Combo... then the Wolf Shows... you remember the wolf right ? Alloy Armor... Alloy Health Bar (and a pretty #*!%ing big one too) immune to status effects.... 

Yeah you'l forgive me for not stopping to deal with him.

Because with the right choice of frame and tactics, you can destroy him in a single shot, or in under a minute. 

This stupid for the same reason above.... I was doing a mobile defense with my Squishy Limbo... 

Take your pick. 

LoL... nailed them all... wana try again ? 

Oh, almost forgot, the sanctuary is a really good place for levelling weapons rapidly, and the wolf doesn't spawn there. 

No it isnt.... 

Why ? Well I believe you yourself already answered  that question:

Pretty much the only you can level weapons or warframes on SO iz by leeching.... SO is not as forgiving as hydron.... you should see what happens when all 4 players are there to level weapons. LolL... its a real S#&$ show !!!

53 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

You do realise 4 people with S#&$ty weapons can still do high level missions relatively well ? 

I completed Sortie Exterminate with an enemy augmented shields condition using an unranked Opticor Vandal... which has an innate Magnetic Proc for some unknown reason... managed to kill just fine.... mostly due to Vigorous Swap.

Were all four of you doing the same amount of damage? 

Also good way to show that using the right tools for the right enemy makes a world of difference. Speaking of which, even doomfruits current weapon can have just 2 mods changed and would suddenly be viable for everything on Hydron + the wolf, if they're in a squad. Because in a squad even a frame that doesn't boost damage can be buffed by the other people playing.

That's supposed to be why we play in squads, so that we can all benefit from one another. 

Archguns are Rubbish.... definitely not adequate for taking down the Wolf.

LOL. 

But then again according to you everything is 'rubbish' for some reason or another. Even the stuff that we have video evidence where it shreds the wolf. 

A hint, my catchmoon is definitely rubbish at killing the wolf compared to the Rubico prime, but I take the wolf down in short order with relative ease. Stop believing the nonsense you see on YouTube. Much of it is blatant exaggeration. 

We have many options for easily dealing with him. None of them is actual rubbish if it's getting the task done in an acceptable way. 

This stupid for the same reason above.... I was doing a mobile defense with my Squishy Limbo... 

Sounds like you haven't figured out how to get on the high ground when dealing with a melee enemy. There's probably a meme about that. 

I always bring good enough weapond for the missions im doing.... did a Corpus mission  with my Trusty Gas and Magnetic Combo... then the Wolf Shows... you remember the wolf right ? Alloy Armor... Alloy Health Bar (and a pretty #*!%ing big one too) immune to status effects.... 

Yeah you'l forgive me for not stopping to deal with him.

Scoff. 

Half of the time you can do those same missions without using any weapons if really you want to. Ask any Saryn. "Good enough" only applies if it's actually true. Right now you're complaining about those "good enough" weapons not actually being good enough for what you ended up needing them to do. Your weapons clearly weren't "good enough" when all is said and done. 

No it isnt.... 

Why ? Well I believe you yourself already answered  that question:

Pretty much the only you can level weapons or warframes on SO iz by leeching.... SO is not as forgiving as hydron.... you should see what happens when all 4 players are there to level weapons. LolL... its a real S#&$ show !!!

Nonsense. As far as I know it's the second fastest way to level most frames and weapons. And yes, anywhere that you go, 4 leechers grouped together are going to have a bad time. But 4 players, each with just one way to contribute to the killing, can easily level gear even passively, to max rank in the Sanctuary often in a single good run. 

It's often significantly faster than Hydron. 

I don't know what the deal here is, Tenno, but you've picked up a lot of bad information about warframe. 

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Were all four of you doing the same amount of damage? 

What do you think ? 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Also good way to show that using the right tools for the right enemy makes a world of difference. Speaking of which, even doomfruits current weapon can have just 2 mods changed and would suddenly be viable for everything on Hydron + the wolf, if they're in a squad. Because in a squad even a frame that doesn't boost damage can be buffed by the other people playing.

That's supposed to be why we play in squads, so that we can all benefit from one another. 

Yes but you're overlooking one very important factor.... Mod Capacity of non maxed weapons.... this just isn't feasible abd why people abort whenever the wolf comes to hydron specically since ge can hold everyone Hostage in the first 5 waves. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

LOL

But then again according to you everything is 'rubbish' for some reason or another. Even the stuff that we have video evidence where it shreds the wolf. 

Where's the video evidence of someone who wasn't expecting the wolf and had his weapons modded for something completely different ? 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

A hint, my catchmoon is definitely rubbish at killing the wolf compared to the Rubico prime, but I take the wolf down in short order with relative ease. Stop believing the nonsense you see on YouTube. Much of it is blatant exaggeration. 

Mine could probably do the same since I have an okay Riven for it... but what good is that if its in my Orbiter while im in the mission ?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

We have many options for easily dealing with him. None of them is actual rubbish if it's getting the task done in an acceptable way. 

The only option is archguns since you don't factor those into what mission you're doing.... and they are rubbish.... 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Sounds like you haven't figured out how to get on the high ground when dealing with a melee enemy. There's probably a meme about that. 

Yeah and is the defense Target going to join you on the high ground ?  

Why does this game have so many Baby Sitting missions anyway ? 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Scoff

Half of the time you can do those same missions without using any weapons if really you want to. Ask any Saryn. "Good enough" only applies if it's actually true. Right now you're complaining about those "good enough" weapons not actually being good enough for what you ended up needing them to do. Your weapons clearly weren't "good enough" when all is said and done. 

I suppose you could... but like I said..  I don't give a S#&$. The wolf will absolutely have zero factor in my loadout choices.... #*!% him and his S#&$ty drop chances. You can stick around and stock up on North wind if you want. 

latest?cb=20171007153323

Actually now that I think of it.... I don't mod for Stalker or Syndicates that hate me or G3 or Zanuka either.... #*!% Them All.... atleast the rest of them aren't as much of a Nuisance as the wolf is.... New Loka is cool because Healing Spectres are useful apparently. 

22 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nonsense. As far as I know it's the second fastest way to level most frames and weapons.

Who said anything about Fast ? 

My argument isn't one of speed but one of practicality. You just aren't going to level anything if you're weapons are weak unless you leech off a Saryn.... Atleast Hydron can support some weak weapons. 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And yes, anywhere that you go, 4 leechers grouped together are going to have a bad time.

They were only leecherz specifically because they chose to go with SO.... That same group on hydron wpuld be your standard MR Farming group

27 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

But 4 players, each with just one way to contribute to the killing, can easily level gear even passively, to max rank in the Sanctuary often in a single good run. 

And how the hell do you suppose you're goimg to do that without the mod capacity to slap on mods to become effective in the first place ? 

30 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I don't know what the deal here is, Tenno, but you've picked up a lot of bad information about warframe. 

The deal is you simply ommit specific factors because you cant see outside you're own specific optimized builds.... this definitely not going to be the same for many players....

I can Polarize some weapons without sacrificing too many mods that I can just skip Hydron and SO all together and level the weapon normally because my MR allows me to do that.... this isn't going to be the case for some one with a lower Base Mod Capacity....

So people said I could only beat Wolf down inside a minute or so if I fought him in solo. Well today I tried doing 5 waves of Hydron in public groups for an hour or so to see if he'd spawn and after a while he did. I agree he's got more health for sure but it really is all about taking off that armour. You can see the huge difference in damage once kitty gave him a good scratch. I asked my team mates to defend the objective and got stuck in, the limbo was wise enough to banish the fugitives and the only issue was that he kept running off. Interestingly there was very little difference in when I had my vex buff active and when I didn't but that may be because my Rubico build wasn't really designed to accomodate Chroma's buff. I am still curious as to the best weakpoint to target for optimum damage, anybody got any ideas? Headshots seemed to work and then high on the chest didn't lower down did etc. Hard to figure out.
Note please, my team mates got decked or stayed out of the way, this is public 4 man group with 1 person taking him down. Kudos to all 3 of them for defending the objective and giving it a red hot go after I said I'd deal with him.

Edited by Zilchy

Saturday April 27th 2019

I was in a public four player squad in hydron when the Wolf comes in on wave five and it took thirty minutes to kill the bastard, THIRTY MINUTES!

The wolf is ( and i use this phrase very little ) OVER POWERED. D.E. dont NERF the Itzal, NERF the damned wolf. Because it should NEVER take thirty minutes to kill anything in this game.

Is anyone else having this kind of obsurdity or is it just me by my onesy? I have a headach from this.

2 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Only people who don't bother taking a single good gun and/or Shattering Impact.

My catchmoon kitgun built for crit and rad can down a lv 30 wolf in 3 magazines with out shattering impact and a riven. also i don't run squads for various reasons.

10 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Only people who don't bother taking a single good gun and/or Shattering Impact.

I was leveling Vaykor Hek but I was also using Sigma&Octantis with Final Harbinger, Sacrificial Steel & Pressure, Life Strike, Gladiator Rush, Organ Shatter, Buzz Kill, Gladiator Might and Blood Rush. I know the Wolf is imune to stat and ability but is the bastard also imune to Crit? My combo counter was over 1033 at 3.5X.

1 minute ago, (XB1)CatinaCatana said:

I know the Wolf is imune to stat and ability but is the bastard also imune to Crit?

No. He takes crit damage just fine. It sounds like the problem is completely your build. Slash is not going to work on him, you need radiation if you want to get it done quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

No. He takes crit damage just fine. It sounds like the problem is completely your build. Slash is not going to work on him, you need radiation if you want to get it done quickly.

Ok, thanks for the advice, Ill put something together for the bastard.

EDIT: please inform everyone else too.

Edited by (XB1)CatinaCatana

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

. The deal is you simply ommit specific factors because you cant see outside you're own specific optimized builds.... this definitely not going to be the same for many players....

This.

Coming from you.

Oh the irony.

When you constantly reject that people rank weapons differently due to playstyle leading them to prefer different attributes in a gun.

When you constantly harp in HP being useless and obsession with adaptation and armor.

When you constantly claim X weapon or Y mod is useless for a billion different reasons specific to problems only you seem to have and vehemently reject constructive input from people who are trying to help.

Oh btw, potatoes are only 20 platinum each if you are having mod capacity issues. Just do some trading ❤️

latest?cb=20130716194937

Edited by RushBCyka