Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

Just now, AshenHaze said:

I did, but just brought a rubico and prayed the other PUGs had good weapons.

I had 30% damage, some other guy 50% so the answer was a resounding "maybe". 

For us, one guy got downed a few times because according to him, he didn't see the Grineer head scythe swing. Then again, that match was a bit laggy, so I dunno.

To be fair, back when stalker wasn't a complete joke (especially now that operator and amps are a thing) he was the same. You just have to accept that maybe if you don't bring a single good weapons to a mission in order to be more greedy with EXP (aka take a risk), maybe it's your own fault you got rekt by the wolf (on the low chance that he spawns).

Still though, not sure how you could manage 30 minutes and not kill him, now that his tankiness was nerfed twice. Like even before the tankiness nerfs and level nerf, when he spawned in sorties with over lvl 100 (there were 4 of us and level scales with number of players), it took me ~10 minutes or so at most (granted, I had my Valkyr, but the fights feel longer than they are, cause you're essentially just pumping dps into a target dummy, which is a bit tedious). But now he was nerfed quite a bit, and if it's not a sortie he spawns in, if you have at least one decent weapon you should experience no problems.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SoulPlease said:

Can we stop trolling Warframe players with these 10-30min Wolf fights for the awesome reward of Molten Impact. Not asking for a nice reward every time just something I do not have 92 of. Thanks

"*massive stuck up sounding snort*

HA! you CLEARLY were not bringing the correct gear/obnoxious meta item specifically to deal with the 6% chance of a wolf! you are clearly a "needs to GitGud noobscrub" that has no place playing warframe!"

---

ok yes this is sarcasm and i actually agree with OP, as while i can bring Valkyr and kill in under a minute on hydron the idea of having to always bring a response to one specific and extremely situational boss is tiresome... i am genuinely tired of this "well you should be more prepared" response.

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

-snip-

like everything in this post.

but what i find truly insulting... is the utter lack of reward the wolf gives..

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

Hey, at least you don't have to deal with Lephantis when it's very, very angry. Like today's Sortie, for instance.

Today's Sortie was the fastest I have ever killed Lephantis, including not Sortie assassinate.

6 hours ago, QuantumTsume said:

his drop pool feels like it's idol is anthem

This has been happening more and more often with RNG in Warfarm these days...

11 hours ago, Alexandrious said:

Only if you agree that Wolf should scream "Daddy's  Home!" when he appears for you and you only. 

Ok. I could live with that.

2 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

I have to laugh at those players who are complaining about the Wolf while quick leveling on Hydron. It's a higher level mission exploited by players who want a quick hook up but then whine when he pops up at the level he should be at. Then they ask DE to nerf him!! Too much! Lol!!

You tell me how you're gonna take down a lv70 wolf on hydron with a rank 15 ungilded catchmoon and his buddies being INVINCIBLE and one shotting your volt prime even with dual umbrals by just touching the fire patch. I wouldn't mind the fight if not for his buddies being INVINCIBLE, who in the world thought this was fine?

3 minutes ago, KolDynamo said:

You tell me how you're gonna take down a lv70 wolf on hydron with a rank 15 ungilded catchmoon and his buddies being INVINCIBLE and one shotting your volt prime even with dual umbrals by just touching the fire patch. I wouldn't mind the fight if not for his buddies being INVINCIBLE, who in the world thought this was fine?

You missed the entire point made by the person you quoted.

Edited by Zilchy

4 hours ago, AshenHaze said:

I did, but just brought a rubico and prayed the other PUGs had good weapons.

I had 30% damage, some other guy 50% so the answer was a resounding "maybe".

Why would you bring a rubico to fight lephantis? Was it a sniper only condition?

Edited by Zilchy

Now I absolutely hate the Wolf to no end.
I do like his concept,but his execution is...just god awful

1) He's way too #*!%ing tanky
He has a S#&$ton of armor,and his health is also armor, and enough armor to have a damage reduction of over 80%. And there's no way to remove and even lower it. 

2) His weakness is too specific
He has a weakness of Radiation,sure. But you need a very specific Radiation Crit weapon...and Radiation is a meh damage type.
Radiation is only good against Grineer and half of the Corrupted, it doesn't do much against Corpus and terrible against Infested
So you'd need to bring a specific type of build that's only good against 1, maybe 1 and a half faction,because Wolf's decided to spawn and #*!% you over

3) His Drop Table is absolutely terrible
Now Tempo Royale is good,and he does have the highest drop chance of Tempo Royale,but everything else is just...why
Imagine spending almost 20 minutes,maybe even 30 minutes, taking down a big #*!% off Wolf,not being equipped with Radiation because it won't be much help to the mission
Spending so much time and requiring a fair amount of coordination, and then being rewarded with...MOLTEN IMPACT...for the 5th time...

his other drops are fine,no real need to change that

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Randomdudu_K said:

He has a S#&$ton of armor,and his health is also armor, and enough armor to have a damage reduction of over 80%. And there's no way to remove and even lower it. 

He has a weakness of Radiation,sure. But you need a very specific Radiation Crit weapon...and Radiation is a meh damage type.
Radiation is only good against Grineer and half of the Corrupted, it doesn't do much against Corpus and terrible against Infested
So you'd need to bring a specific type of build that's only good against 1, maybe 1 and a half faction,because Wolf's decided to spawn and #*!% you over

Now Tempo Royale is good,and he does have the highest drop chance of Tempo Royale,but everything else is just...why
Imagine spending almost 20 minutes,maybe even 30 minutes, taking down a big #*!% off Wolf,not being equipped with Radiation because it won't be much help to the mission
Spending so much time and requiring a fair amount of coordination, and then being rewarded with...MOLTEN IMPACT...for the 5th time...

Pretty sure Kavats whit Sharpened Claws and Corrosive Projection affect his armor.

I've never had Radiation on my weapons, and my melee has Condition Overload (status doesn't work on the Wolf), and I still melt him. I'm not going to pretend he's not tanky, but I feel like some players have gear choices and play styles that conflict how to fight the Wolf.

Tonfas and Dual Swords work nicely on him as they hit twice on slide attacks. Magus Repair is good to heal yourself before you die. Rubico Prime is always a good choice.

I do agree his drop table is annoying. Fighting a rare boss to get a single melee elemental mod or a Spinning Needle is a joke.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

If you tend to use only one or two of your weapons, making the third a Wolf killer helps.

But yeah, we all know the Wolf fight is awful.  It's annoying because it's awful in all the ways anyone who's ever designed a video game knows is awful.  He's a bullet sponge boss that only appears sporadically and never when you can prepare for him, with no strategy to his fight but kiting and shooting at him for 30 minutes, with invincible adds, with a terrible drop table to just rub it in that he wasted possibly a half hour of the limited time you have available to play video games in a day.

I don't think I've fought a worse boss in any video game I didn't hate.  Like he's worse than the Bed of Chaos in Dark Souls - at least Bed of Chaos had an interesting gimmick and failed because it tried something new.  The Wolf is practically optimized to be terrible, it's horrid in all the most boring ways.  Maybe some tanky JRPG bosses could give him a run for his money in sheer frustraion and boredom, but even the most uninspired of those tend to at least be optional postgame bosses that are totally avoidable.  I legitimately can't think of a worse example from a good game.

the office rage GIF

You are gonna burst a vein. Instead of going nuts with swearing and starting in another vent topic why not just take a radiation Knell with you to make the fight trivial? Or a radiation sniper rifle? Or a radiation Gram Prime? Or any other good weapon with radiation?

Drops suck. When it comes to killing wolf, players suck.

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook
  • Like 1

Just now, Mr.SpookSpook said:

the office rage GIF

You are gonna burst a vein. Instead of going nuts with swearing and starting in another vent topic why not just take a radiation Knell with you to make the fight trivial? Or a radiation sniper rifle? Or a radiation Gram Prime? Or any other good weapon with radiation?

Like I said, Radiation is a meh damage type,and you have to do a great deal of preparation for a boss who just randomly shows up
I'll quote my original post
"So you'd need to bring a specific type of build that's only good against 1, maybe 1 and a half faction,because Wolf's decided to spawn and #*!% you over"

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Randomdudu_K said:

1) On certain parts, i can agree that is a big bullet sponge. However, Kavat's Sharpening Claws can strip his armor.

2) Why not bringing a Valkyr Prime with crit rad exalted weapon?

3) I have nothing to say, i agree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BombtailsTheFox said:

1) On certain parts, i can agree that is a big bullet sponge. However, Kavat's Sharpening Claws can strip his armor.

2) Why not bringing a Valkyr Prime with crit rad exalted weapon?

3) I have nothing to say, i agree.

1)That's pretty reliant on Pet AI...which can be pretty unreliable 

2)That's even more specific of a build for a boss that randomly spawns,even more specific than my examples

• Like 1

hace 9 minutos, Randomdudu_K dijo:

Like I said, Radiation is a meh damage type,and you have to do a great deal of preparation for a boss who just randomly shows up
I'll quote my original post
"So you'd need to bring a specific type of build that's only good against 1, maybe 1 and a half faction,because Wolf's decided to spawn and #*!% you over"

Any weapon with enought raw dmg makes all damage type weakness "meh" even if u take a full radiation rubico p it will kill everything with enought combo counter. same with any decent melee, after u reach 2.5 multiplier its over 

U need to be less [narrow minded] and start  [quick thinking] 😉

5 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Drops suck. When it comes to killing wolf, players suck.

Even if you do bring a radiation weapon (and I do, I love rad procs), it still takes forever. For reference, my Corinth is built for hybrid crit/stat (100% status on the airburst if you slot all 4 dual stat elementals) with rad/viral. It ought to be doing 50.3k per shot (including crits), or ~63k when you factor in resistances after stripping armour (which I always do, shattering impact is a lovely mod).

The last time I used this on him (encountered in a kuva flood, he was L60), it did about 12k per shot. There is no reason why he should have both enormous HP and an additional damage resistance on top of that as well. I did consider seeing whether the kuva lardians and other black and red minions could kill him before the siphon filled up (also, why are the natural forces of the level friendly to him?), but you'd fill a hundred kuva siphons before they wore down his immense ocean of hitpoints.

Killing him is not a problem... at least not for those who have nicely modded guns (some poor MR10 is not going to feel the same way). He doesn't exactly pose much threat, as his attacks can be dodged easily enough or flat out ignored (if you're Titania or just like wall clinging). The only real threat here is either running out of bullets or falling asleep.

• Like 1