Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

The reason the others aren't as annoying (excluding the fact the wolf is exponentially higher as a bullet sponge) is the fact you don't don't need a single specific loadout for optimal damage (sure I've said this to you before...). 

Yes the stalker stops you from using the same damage type but you can reset that with the operator (which in itself trivialises the stalker as it should if you follow the lore).

Yes, that's exactly why this new boy has been introduced, because the others had been rendered irrelevant by power creep. I'm sure I've said this to you before.

21 hours ago, Test-995 said:

So, anything but a radiation weapons doesn't work at all?

What a great design, definitely a best assasin ever.

Perhaps purpose of wolf is trolling newbies and whoever didn't want to use radiation weapons because of reasons?

Then it's perfectly working for now, keep it as it is.

I mean, you dont HAVE TO use radiation but if you dont least have a crit weapon, you're gonna have a bad time. I had him show up in hydron when all of us were leveling gear.

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

Yes, that's exactly why this new boy has been introduced, because the others had been rendered irrelevant by power creep. I'm sure I've said this to you before.

So to fix 'powercreep' they introduce a boss that requires us to take specific wolf fighting builds on ALL missions just to fight a single 'mini boss', who may not even turn up, in a reasonable amount of time.. 

Are you telling me you can't see how poor this is as a design for a randomly occurring 'mini boss', which in all honesty will be seen as totally pointless fight by players once they get the wolf sledge parts and the mask (if they even want it)...  Can you imagine how people will be once they get the parts and then have to go through a '20 minute' fight to finish the level if they want that 'rare' loot they've just gained in mission.... many of us already see syndicate squads and the other assassins as nothing more than an annoyance because they don't give us anything, the wolf will be no different when we have his stuff except for the fact he takes a lot longer time to kill. 

He's already got a massive amount of health and damage reduction, he shouldn't need us to take specific setups as well.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Everyone complains about his rewards being bad, and yet also mention the awful drop chances.

No one else sees the joke here?

The awful drop chances, are because his drop table is full of bad rewards... There's 4-5 items people want, and yet he has 15 different items in his drop table, and 8 of them are the same mods you get everywhere else... If you've built any single prime warframe, you'll already have multiples of all those mods.

And then knowing the wolf already is a very random spawn, instead of making him have a 100% chance to drop a component, which have their own rarities, no, they have a 35% chance of him dropping components (which means you'll get a component piece 1 out of 3 encounters roughly), and then you have to take that second roll to maybe get the part you want, which definitely you won't...

It's the same recipe they always use, and it's the same recipe people have been complaining about since i've been playing this game, and it's also the reason why despite being a 6 year old game they're still struggling to have some endgame.

7 hours ago, Randomdudu_K said:

Like I said, Radiation is a meh damage type,and you have to do a great deal of preparation for a boss who just randomly shows up
I'll quote my original post
"So you'd need to bring a specific type of build that's only good against 1, maybe 1 and a half faction,because Wolf's decided to spawn and #*!% you over"

I conceded by having my radiation focused paracesis. Made a huge difference when those red crits came in hard and fast. Just had to watch my hp as I got carried away but it dropped him considerably. 

Issue I have with wolf at the moment isn't his potential tankyness but the drop rate. They're so bad right now, getting rewarded with an uncommon mod? Ugh. I caved and bought what I was missing but I was fed up with it. 

The time spent killing him and waiting for him to appear and the reward for some people isn't worth it right now. 

Edited by Valiant

28 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

So to fix 'powercreep' they introduce a boss that requires us to take specific wolf fighting builds on ALL missions just to fight a single 'mini boss', who may not even turn up, in a reasonable amount of time.. 

You (and many others) make it sound like you need a full build to beat him, that just isnt the case. You need 1 item in your loadout to fit decently for Wolf, that is it. If you are more worried about leveling everything at the same time, then obviously Wolf isnt a top priority to begin with for you.

He is afterall a boss mob, so shouldnt be something you can just steamroll with anything. It isnt really a mob that fixes power creep, it is however a mob suited for the power we have access to. A fix to power creep would imply a rebalance across the board of either mobs or our gear. Wolf is just natural progression, much like bosses in other games. A raid boss in WoW is not a fix to power creep because it is still there in lower content just the same.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

These threads really point out how disconnected the Veteran playerbase has become from the bulk of the playerbase.

Veterans (who are already pretty much done with the game) really fail to see just how flawed the "bring __ loadout" answer is.

Players are expected to build their loadout over what is at the most if RNG is willing 6% spawn chance?

Not everyone has a Rubico/Lanka/Meta Weapon or the MR to equip it.

Less than people than these forums care to admit breed Kavats due to the difficulty of acquiring DNA. (Many players see Kavats as a Pay to Win pet as many just buy the DNA codes.)

Barely anyone has an Archgun Deployer as it's technically locked behind 2 walls. 1 being a very long standing grind for the bulk of the playerbase. (Players above MR13 are not common.)

That's the player's fault not the boss design, the boss is perfect, stop being lazy! /sarcasm.

Seriously, if I had 5 plat for how many people say "He's easy, just use a Riven'd -weapon-" I'd be able to buy a damn sniper riven to kill the Wolf with.

I don't have a problem with the Wolf, I have an issue with the asinine decision to make a bullet sponge an invading boss. Tack on the "invisible number of player scaling" issue which makes him showing up in public matches even worse and you just have a recipe for an insane amount of frustration.

The worst part is its a frustration that far too many people refuse to even consider acknowledging because it doesn't happen to them.

I agree that wolf is a bit of a pain to deal with but i've had no issues aside from is drop table and spawn rate, until last week when i finally got his hammer. as for his tankyness it wasn't an issue. 3-4 clips from my catchmoon kitgun built for Rad & crit can take down a lv 30 wolf with out armor striping. (then again i play solo)

As for my loadout its simple,

Tigris prime:100% status corrosive and blast or Corinth: crit and corrosive

catchmoon: crit & and rad 

Dokrahm Zaw: hybrid crit/status viral

Back to wolf i agree for some of us he'll be an issue due to his armor and damage reduction, also yes his drop table is a complete mess with common elemental mods. but is it worth blowing a fuse over it?

43 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Are you telling me you can't see how poor this is as a design for a randomly occurring 'mini boss', which in all honesty will be seen as totally pointless fight by players once they get the wolf sledge parts and the mask (if they even want it)...  Can you imagine how people will be once they get the parts and then have to go through a '20 minute' fight to finish the level if they want that 'rare' loot they've just gained in mission.... many of us already see syndicate squads and the other assassins as nothing more than an annoyance because they don't give us anything, the wolf will be no different when we have his stuff except for the fact he takes a lot longer time to kill.  

He's already got a massive amount of health and damage reduction, he shouldn't need us to take specific setups as well.

Power creep doesn't need fixing. I don't know where people get this ridiculous idea that it does. Power creep is necessary and good, because would anybody be excited for updates if every new gun was guaranteed to be worse than what we already have, hm? You keep releasing ever more powerful gear and you balance that out by introducing more powerful enemies, and that's how you keep people on the treadmill. Very much like, say, inflation IRL.

An argument could be made, even though you're not making it, that the Wolf should allow extraction like the G3 so that people don't have to slog it out with him if they're undergeared. But then you can always just, y'know, die to him to make him go away. So really I don't see a single problem with him.

I don't see what the big deal is. He finally spawned for me again. Haven't seen him since those 3 times beginning of NW when he dropped nothing and he still instadies. :s

Is it because I wasn't in a Kuva Flood? I tried to get him to spawn there but he wont.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That's the player's fault not the boss design, the boss is perfect, stop being lazy! /sarcasm.

Seriously, if I had 5 plat for how many people say "He's easy, just use a Riven'd -weapon-" I'd be able to buy a damn sniper riven to kill the Wolf with.

I don't have a problem with the Wolf, I have an issue with the asinine decision to make a bullet sponge an invading boss. Tack on the "invisible number of player scaling" issue which makes him showing up in public matches even worse and you just have a recipe for an insane amount of frustration.

The worst part is its a frustration that far too many people refuse to even consider acknowledging because it doesn't happen to them.

It is a player problem though. /nosarcasm

There are plenty of weapons early on that are more than enough to kill him. Vectis at MR2, Snipetron Vandal at MR5 and Rubico at MR6. People just dont want to because they want to be able to glide around on a banana peel and kill him with their leveling weapons.

Gods forbid that there is actually some conent that appeals to those that care to gear properly. Na everything has to be a faceroll joke just so those grinding their mindless (and pointless) MR can be happy in their Hydron or whatetver runs these days. 

If you wanna level in solitude without the risk for Wolf to interfear just go do some SO to level your frame or ESO to level your weapons.

You also dont need any rivens to take him down, just simply basic modding.

8 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You (and many others) make it sound like you need a full build to beat him, that just isnt the case. You need 1 item in your loadout to fit decently for Wolf, that is it. If you are more worried about leveling everything at the same time, then obviously Wolf isnt a top priority to begin with for you. 

He is afterall a boss mob, so shouldnt be something you can just steamroll with anything. It isnt really a mob that fixes power creep, it is however a mob suited for the power we have access to. A fix to power creep would imply a rebalance across the board of either mobs or our gear. Wolf is just natural progression, much like bosses in other games. A raid boss in WoW is not a fix to power creep because it is still there in lower content just the same.

You keep referencing players levelling but you do realise that's completely missing the main argument that some of us are giving... he requires us to run specific gear JUST IN CASE he turns up, no other boss requires this.  It wouldn't be so bad if radiation was more useful but it's one of the least useful elements to run.

You then side track your argument and go on about levelling items but also seem to forget that we don't have a choice of when he turns up and in many players experience he spawns more often when we have low level gear, which if you're on hydron (not just here) means you get a visit from him at level 70...I think I've seen him twice outside of hydron with a fully rivened and multi forma'd setup, the rest of the time has been when I've been levelling stuff.... luckily I'm using titania (I still need the bp) when I'm levelling but the fact remains I shouldn't be 'forced' into using specific items JUST IN CASE something turns up, I don't need to do this with any other mini boss. 

If he was a well designed boss we wouldn't have players complaining or leaving if he turns up...you don't see players leaving when the stalker, g3, zanuka or syndicate squads turn up....

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

People just dont want to because they want to be able to glide around on a banana peel and kill him with their leveling weapons.

Enough of this "Players hate challenge" BS strawman.

You cannot just throw everyone's complaints out of the window because you don't see a problem.

You want to discount every facet of the complaint, how an invading boss who can take 20 minutes if you are unprepared and force you to stay in a defense or interception mission because one player won't go down and make him sod off, how an invading boss is only weak to a certain damage type that nothing aside from bosses tend to be weak to, how an invading boss has an awful weakpoint that nobody in their right mind will try to hit because if you miss it he takes less damage than shooting him in the torso.

This boss is BS, and trying to shout down and shame people saying they "don't like a challenge" for not liking him is even bigger BS.

Hard to say because my browser shows a really bad low rez video for your encounter with the wolf.  He was level 26?  My encounters with him on Switch tend to be when he spawns in at max level.  My alliance chat seems to find him most often on Hydron. 

Not that it matters or that anyone even slightly cares what I think.  But my issue with the Wolf is that again, it's a boss design that removes choices.  It would appear that he's fairly weak to Radiation damage.  Which means that for as long as this event is running, you MUST carry a Radiation weapon at all times if you want to have any real hope of defeating him.  Especially solo.  Want to stick with your favorite weapons, or a themed setup (Grineer, Corpus or Infested themed outfits to match your fashionframe) or just weapons setup to be most efficient with what you *actually* plan to fight?  Tough toucans.  You'll carry a Radiation Rubico Prime, and you'll LOVE IT.  Or the Wolf's immortal freaking henchmen will melt your face off eventually.  (The Wolf is surprisingly difficult to lead around, since his Tasmanian Devil attacks often result in him getting stuck behind stuff.  And the little brown smurfs actually move pretty fast once they get loose.)

I just hope that he stops being a random stalker-type boss once Nightwave is over, and gets locked down to a specific map node.  Where I'll probably end up ignoring him completely, just like I do with the Eidolons and the complete waste of time that is Exploiter Orb.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Players are expected to build their loadout over what is at the most if RNG is willing 6% spawn chance?

Fight him get the same loot a butcher drops. Why do I bother?

You hit the nail on the head.

I'm flabbergasted by all these comments "Wolf is easy to kill". That's really not the point! The point is that his spawn chances are abysmal and it's silly to gimp your effectiveness (cause the mission may require a different loadout) just because of it. And the rewards for "being prepared" are a laugh. 

Yeah, I too can pwn Wolf in 30 sec with eyes closed and hands tied behind my back, my epeen is the longest, y'all noobsters just need to git gud. Doesn't change the fact it's a really bad boss design.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Wily said:

Hard to say because my browser shows a really bad low rez video for your encounter with the wolf.  He was level 26?  My encounters with him on Switch tend to be when he spawns in at max level.  My alliance chat seems to find him most often on Hydron. 

It's still processing 😐But I was resetting Cassini via clan's advice to force spawn. Took 3 hours till he finally appeared...

Edited by Wolfdoggie

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

You keep referencing players levelling but you do realise that's completely missing the main argument that some of us are giving... he requires us to run specific gear JUST IN CASE he turns up, no other boss requires this.  It wouldn't be so bad if radiation was more useful but it's one of the least useful elements to run.

You then side track your argument and go on about levelling items but also seem to forget that we don't have a choice of when he turns up and in many players experience he spawns more often when we have low level gear, which if you're on hydron (not just here) means you get a visit from him at level 70...I think I've seen him twice outside of hydron with a fully rivened and multi forma'd setup, the rest of the time has been when I've been levelling stuff.... luckily I'm using titania (I still need the bp) when I'm levelling but the fact remains I shouldn't be 'forced' into using specific items JUST IN CASE something turns up, I don't need to do this with any other mini boss. 

If he was a well designed boss we wouldn't have players complaining or leaving if he turns up...you don't see players leaving when the stalker, g3, zanuka or syndicate squads turn up....

No he requires you to have 1 specific item to handle him, that is far from "specific wolf builds" as you claimed earlier. Stalker, G3 and Zanuka are outdated, they havent aged well, Wolf is new. What the #*!% would be the purpose of releasing Wolf if he was getting killed by a sneeze like the others?

Also if you are leveling gear and want to be alone, there are other places that are Wolf-free. Just go do SO for frames or ESO for weapons if you dont wanna pick one single item to fight the Wolf.

It is good that they've added something that actually requires you to slot something specific. And no, radiation is not in need to be more useful. It works great against Grineer and it still wipes out Corpus and Infested even if it isnt optimized for it. You are in lowbie missions, your damage of choice is pointless at the get go. It barely has any impact even at sortie levels or in arbitrations, unless you have a really weak weapon/build. And as pointed out, you dont need a full build to counter Wolf, you need a single weapon or frame for it. So it doesnt matter if you find radiation bad, you still have 3 slots left for the perfect damage setup for the rest of the mission. Or do you really run around and swap between weapons 24/7 throughout a mission?

7 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Power creep doesn't need fixing. I don't know where people get this ridiculous idea that it does. Power creep is necessary and good, because would anybody be excited for updates if every new gun was guaranteed to be worse than what we already have, hm? You keep releasing ever more powerful gear and you balance that out by introducing more powerful enemies, and that's how you keep people on the treadmill. Very much like, say, inflation IRL. 

An argument could be made, even though you're not making it, that the Wolf should allow extraction like the G3 so that people don't have to slog it out with him if they're undergeared. But then you can always just, y'know, die to him to make him go away. So really I don't see a single problem with him. 

That's where we're different, I don't have an issue with powercreep so to speak but the wolf is poorly designed to counter that aspect of the game. 

The thing is fighting the wolf is literally just stand there and melee or shoot at him until he's dead, maybe a few dodges to move from his attacks which are easy to spot.  That is anything but a challenge, it's arguably the worst kind of boss design because it's basically time gating via damage reduction and high health.

I've just fought him a minute ago (funnily enough while levelling AGAIN), in the squad we had a nidus, gara and something else, nidus and gara just face tanked it while I was basically a turret shooting at it with Titania (don't think about nerfing titania DE, she's lacklustre enough as she is), which essentially is me pressing the mouse button to fire...I can't remember if my damage was 70 or 90% at the end of the 5 rounds but either way it was not hard, none of us died, it was just time consuming for no reason other than him being a bullet sponge. 

I don't have an issue with powercreep so to speak but the wolf is poorly designed to counter that aspect of the game.

Really? I'd say seeing so many people complaining about how unkillable he is shows that he's too good at countering power creep.

The thing is fighting the wolf is literally just stand there and melee or shoot at him until he's dead, maybe a few dodges to move from his attacks which are easy to spotThat is anything but a challenge, it's arguably the worst kind of boss design because it's basically time gating via damage reduction and high health.

That's true of almost all bosses in WF, though.

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I've just fought him a minute ago (funnily enough while levelling AGAIN), in the squad we had a nidus, gara and something else, nidus and gara just face tanked it while I was basically a turret shooting at it with Titania (don't think about nerfing titania DE, she's lacklustre enough as she is), which essentially is me pressing the mouse button to fire...I can't remember if my damage was 70 or 90% at the end of the 5 rounds but either way it was not hard, none of us died, it was just time consuming for no reason other than him being a bullet sponge.

Well yes, he doesn't dish out much damage. That's why he has his little fugitives with him, they're the dangerous element in the fight. The whole group is the boss.