Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

2 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

That's exactly why it is relevant. People complain that they can neither kill the Wolf nor avoid him, well, that's actually not true. Not only can you avoid him, you can level your guns faster in the process.

Best way to avoid him is to not play the game. But that's not a valid suggestion.

A lot of people are noticeably perturbed by the way the Wolf of Wallstreet was implemented. So, instead of just a bullet sponge, how else can we handle something like this? Feel free to discuss ideas and share your own.

My idea is, instead of having to build your loadout around a specific rare-spawn enemy, have it like a fighting game arcade. The best part is this is already built into the game.

Whenever he pops just slap a "HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!" on the screen. Move it over to Frame Fighter, do your best 2 out of 3 and see the results.

Sure, this is silly, but it's a lot more interesting and doesn't require a loadout.

I can see this creating its own sort of problems for some people but it gave me a good laugh at least. Don't take this too seriously.

Edited by ArcKnight9202
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, zoffmode said:

Best way to avoid him is to not play the game. But that's not a valid suggestion.

Funny you should say that, someone else suggested just that when I pointed out other assassins exist. Sure, you can avoid them if you never do invasions or sorties or missions on Pluto and never touch any of the syndicates, i.e. if you major parts of the game.

27 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

And I do find it really interesting that you're calling other people toxic, while demanding that they should be FORCED to do something they don't enjoy.  Yeah, I'm sure preventing people from leaving when he shows up will unless they Atl-F4 will *totally* convince people that he isn't actually a completely terrible design for an enemy.  Yep, that'll definitely be what happens.

Is there any better evidence that the Wolf has completely obliterated and fractured the community than people saying "You have to do this you whiny brat!"?

Because I'd be hard pressed to find a more a-hole move than what the person you quoted suggested.

28 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Funny you should say that, someone else suggested just that when I pointed out other assassins exist. Sure, you can avoid them if you never do invasions or sorties or missions on Pluto and never touch any of the syndicates, i.e. if you major parts of the game.

That's all pretty minor parts of the game IMO. Even then, none of these assassins require you to keep specific gear on you at all times. Besides, I'm not someone else.

Just now, zoffmode said:

That's all pretty minor parts of the game IMO. Even then, none of these assassins require you to keep specific gear on you at all times. Besides, I'm not someone else.

I was just relaying a funny anecdote. Anyway, there used to be a time when the other assassins were a serious danger. They've been left behind by power creep, which I suspect is why big brown brawny boi was introduced, to bring back that element of random danger that'd gradually disappeared from the game.

4 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I was just relaying a funny anecdote. Anyway, there used to be a time when the other assassins were a serious danger. They've been left behind by power creep, which I suspect is why big brown brawny boi was introduced, to bring back that element of random danger that'd gradually disappeared from the game.

The thing is, you never needed specific setup for any assassin. You just needed a leveled up weapon. AND that was only because MR didn't give you points in unleveled weapon. They were never a threat really.

If, as you say, Wolf was an attempt at bringing back the old assassins feel... devs need to get checked for long term memory loss.

Edited by zoffmode

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

How selfish does a person have to be to go into a high level defense mission and not take even a single way to contribute meaningfully to the killing? Is it any wonder that people have to recruit to be reasonably sure of finding a group that has members who can make it to level 20 at all?

Is this actually an issue outside of Hydron? I don't pub often so this would be news to me.

For the millionth time, you don't have to have the meta to contribute meaningfully, but for goodness sake take something!

My response was more in lone with the constant: Take ___ weapon/kavat/frame replies.

Before PoE were Snipers really a weapon anyone carried?

Even after PoE, since when did anyone want to bring these to missions.

I know a Sniper is NOT what I think to bring to a Defense (Hydron) mission. So when I see folks telling people "Bring a Sniper to that close quarters mission just in case that 6% spawn occurs." Just...irritates me.

I don't recall any spectres, buffs, revives, pizzas being tossed out, but I was on the base of the stairs so maybe I just didn't see them. 

They probably weren't tossed out. Not many new players think to use em. Even if they did have pizzas....they'd be so weak you'd never notice them. As for specters...yeah. Barely anyone uses them. Let alone add them to the gear wheel. My recent experiences teaching newbies has shown me this.

Last Hydron I did where Wolf Spawned...I ended up soloing him while another player spammed Simulor shots that did no dmg to him but successfully blinded me in the process. Haha. God that was hell...don't worry...my hard work earned us a North Wind. 😰

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

The thing is, you never needed specific setup for any assassin. You just needed a leveled up weapon. AND that was only because MR didn't give you points in unleveled weapon. They were never a threat really.

If, as you say, Wolf was an attempt at bringing back the old assassins feel... devs need to get checked for long term memory damage.

It's a very different game now, though, so of course the Wolf has different mechanics than the old guys. It seems to me he does bring back that queazy feeling I remember having whenever the old Stalker showed up when I was a newbie. And hey, he's basically a mirror to the player. He says "now you know what bosses feel like when you show up as Inaros".

Edited by SordidDreams

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Is this actually an issue outside of Hydron? I don't pub often so this would be news to me.

I have literally never been in a mission where no player doesn't at least contribute something to a mission, not counting afk leech players who do nothing at all.

Even on Hydron most people will have at least their Warframe's abilities to fall back on, and honestly, even an unranked potato'd weapon can keep up with the Grinner there for 5 wave provided damage mods are slotted in.

He's fine solo. It's just when you're in a group not armed to the teeth and he's over level 70 that it's like.. what were they thinking? If they attached some gimmick like he can only be damaged when his hammer is thrown away and is invulnerable when he catches it then fine but as he is it's no challenge, just a waiting game.

When you leech a Saryn and Mesa comp as a useless Nezha, wolf spawns.

Saryn cleared 5 waves of Hydron alone.

Nezha used a Destreza to solo wolf.

Guess who had top damage at the end of the 5 waves?

Yeah, literally me, playing the Nezha, with 71% damage. Wolf has twice the HP of the total of five waves of Hydron?🤔

8 hours ago, Aldain said:

-sigh- So many people saying "Riven -weapon-" like they are easy to access and posting Riven builds like they are common.

If you mod the Dark Splitsword for Rad and Crit and go full stack on Void Stalker with Naramon, you can still waste the Wolf in no time. 

Note that the Riven I have technically accommodates two necessary mods into the same mod slot. If you can hug the Wolf without the need for Primed Reach, you can spam melee until he dies. Not only that, I have Healing Return on mine, so that’s another mod that can replaced for the purposes of dps.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23
additional comment via last sentence.

5 hours ago, Oreades said:

Takeaway the RNG element and the Wolf is fine, OK maybe his loot tables would still be terribad. 

As he stands the Wolf is IN NO WAY difficult or challenging but ONLY if you have a specific set of weapons to deal with him. Which is what makes the RNG element absolute garbage. The encounter is essentially a Boolean pass/fail before it even starts, do you have your anti-Wolf weapon [y/n]

It's terrible for build Diversity cause now everyone is going to have one weapon slot dedicated to some Anti-Wolf meta weapon at all times.

That's it that's all the Wolf accomplished. *party streamer noises* Wooooo~

Most people realistically don't use all 3 of their weapons, and you don't even need a Rad weapon to kill him anyways. First time I ran into him I had a status weapon (Tigris P) and it didn't take as long as people say it takes them. I've killed him a few times in full groups alone (pugs keep dying/doing no damage) and I don't use rad weapons, no rubico (and etc) or a Warframe that can kill quickly.

The part I don't like about him is the drops, he hasn't dropped anything at all (not even trash drops) for me the last 4 times he's been killed aside for the standing from his buddies.

Even if his health was cut again, given the times people are saying it takes them, they'll still take too long to kill him, while anyone with decent damage will just instantly kill him just like the other "assassins".

This argument that radiation damage is a weak damage type cracks me up. What are you all suddenly doing 2 hour endurance missions now? Given the hate from having to do a whole hour of kuva survival for nightwave I'm guessing not. Enemies in the star chart and sorties are so weak anyway that the wrong damage type isn't going to affect your mission. It took 2 bullets instead of 1 to kil that bombard? Oh no! End of the world as we know it! Big deal, the difference is you now have a weapon that can annihilate the wolf if he shows up. He takes no more than 2 minutes in a public 4 man group and less than a minute solo, if you bring 1 weapon to deal with him. He's been nerfed so much that solo you don't even have to strip his armour any more. And yeh his drop table sucks but then again, so does Stalkers. And G3. And Zanuka etc

Edited by Zilchy

59 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Here is my creative solution to him, don't make him a random spawn in any random mission.

-inb4 people shouting "You just don't like a challenge noob!"-

I am a n00b, been playing a couple of weeks, whenever he spawns unless I'm with a couple of people that got me into the game it's just a protracted deathfest. I don't mind a challenge, but at my level I can't harm him to any extent.

4 hours ago, xMarvin732 said:

Sadly a teammate aborted, immediately after he spawned, 
THE BIGGEST Problem is, that it took half an hour on Hydron while the Wolf is Level 70 , and he even dropped only a Mod, like wtf DE, please dont let us waste 30mins for only a trash mod we already have tons of.

That's because you weren't prepared. It took me 2 minutes to down him in public Hydron, level 70 Wolf. Because I was prepared for if he showed up.

48 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Even if his health was cut again, given the times people are saying it takes them, they'll still take too long to kill him, while anyone with decent damage will just instantly kill him just like the other "assassins".

I don't think it's really his health that's the problem but a combination of aspects, predominantly his RNG invasion type. If he was a standard starchart node boss battle I think he would be perfect as he was, the bulk of the problem is his RNG spawn. 

Even if you where just dedicating one weapon to the chance the Wolf might show up, that's one weapon too many IMHO. It's a different story when you are going vs a boss node because you know what you're going to fight and you know what you're going to fight is going to be there. So switching up your loadout for that specific node for x runs is a non issue vs carrying wolf gear at all times because the wolf might happen at any time. 

My creative solutions, when Wolf appears and I don't want to deal with him (a bit of a shame, because I do like his backstory a fair bit):

1. Trap him.

2. Let him feel the force of gravity.

3. Run, run, run.

After all, Wolf is big, but dumb and slow.

Edited by Renegade343
  • Like 1