Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

18 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

It depends if you have a kavat or not, removing  one level of alloy armor can make the difference...

His armor was stripped. However, his buddies are a pain in the butt and he can teleport all around the map. This includes vertically. It really slowed everything down. If I had a different frame or my Vectis he probably would have been defeated.

I think the worst part is that in modes like Defense or Interception, it's either defeat him or voluntarily die. With such a potential time-sink it can really be a drag.

3 hours ago, nslay said:

You know, his drop rates for parts is pretty high... something like 35% chance to drop a part. But because he appears so infrequently, the drop rates seem far worse than they are! Yeah, so someone didn't get a part in 5 appearances of Wolf over 7 weeks. There's a ~12% chance that happens! That's within the realm of belief!

I think the root of the problem is really how infrequently he appears.

Yeah but the drop tables aren't evenly balanced... the motor and bp have something like 3% drop chance...

Just now, SordidDreams said:

No, you didn't. Again, argue against what I'm actually saying, don't prop up straw men for the express purpose of being able to knock them down easily.

Whatever, try and avoid it all you like.  I'm done responding to you now.

5 hours ago, Zilchy said:

You obviously weren't around when Second Dream was added to the game. I would've loved to see you make the same argument every time shadow stalker came and beat you down.

Actually I was here when second dream came out, can't remember him being 'too hard' on release but to be fair I wasn't a newbie then so had experience etc on my side. 

2 hours ago, AriaSTG said:

As i feared, The Woof had planted the seed of hatred on our community. Not like this, I did not asks for our glorious community to argue with each other. We must subdue this epidemic by sending The Woof to Jupiter, Gas City might be a proper prison for notorious crimes he commited.

#SubdueTheHate
#RestrainWoof

The seeds of hate have always been there. They are there in every game community.

The Wolf just created an easy discussion to expose it.

Now impo...I think it's more disconnection than hate.

Far to many overpowered, jaded, & war torn vets who've lost sight of the general populace from their thrones in their Ascended Realms. (I myself was this way...recently got brought back to earth as the newbies I teach rebuddled me. Playing on their accounts (shareplay, couch coop) also made me go: "Oh S#&$. I forget all about this...")

Clanmate: "ay yo ced i need sum plastids".

uddy is babby's first Nidus build with babby mods, but he'll be alright. We go Pluto, Dark Sector Defense. After wave 5, the Wolf arrives, and, well, time to go to work. Tell my buddy to deal with the Infested, while I unload my Kitgun into this fluffy abomination. He dies eventually around wave 9, and we joke about how bulletspongy he is, and what not. And hey, we got a Wolf Sledge Handle! But the Plastids drops are really meh.Time to equip Bonedaddy and strap in for fun times elsewhere. We go to URANUS, Assur, delicious Dark Sector Survival. For a few minutes, we just sit on a capsule and Larva/Slash/Despoil Infested. Two randoms join. FROSTMAIN with dual daggers, and a Titania with questionable piloting skills that insists on melee-fighting toxic ancients.

AWOOOOOOOOOOO
Level 72 sentient Skullmucker and the party people arrive.

Our rando-friendo explode into confetti within seconds. At this point, I'm telling my MR4 Nidus friend to keep tentacling Infested and the three rioters Wolfie brings with him, while I unload at him with my Kitgun. If you're wondering, it's a Kitgun I made specifically because of the Wolf. It's a hard-hitting Rattleguts with Pax Charge, so I won't run out of ammo. How hard? This hard:

0plJY5t.png

And so we settle in. Frost keeps eating dirt, Titania flies as much across the room dead as alive, my Nidusbuddy feeds us oxygen and CCs the invulnerable molotov throwers, and I dump charge after charge of Radiation into Mr. X, Warframe edition. Our two immensely useful public acquaintances see the writing on the wall and rally to help out and focus the Wolf down run away like chickens, extracting without us. We're now allone with the Furrymaster and his prison wives, plus the visually challenged former Corpus that shamble about around us. After TWELVE MINUTES Mr. Howl finally bites the bullet(s) and scurries. We even get a part [1] drop! We rejoice.

Until.

We realize his three fiery buddies are also hyperarmored to heck and back. Alright, alright. I keep blasting them with my Viral/Slash Zenith now, chunking them with 5 digit headshots orange and red crits. After unloading for FIVE MINUTES, they finally get tired. On the topic of tired; we've reached the 20 minute Rotation C mark, and we got all the plastids we could ever want and then some. 

For added entertainment, the stats at the end:
unknown.png

[1] Here's the drop we got.

RNG is a grand thing, eh? 

unknown.png

At least it wasn't another Fever Strike.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

The seeds of hate have always been there. They are there in every game community.

Far to many overpowered, jaded, & war torn vets who've lost sight of the general populace from their thrones in their Ascended Realms. (I myself was this way...recently got brought back to earth as the newbies I teach rebuddled me. Playing on their accounts (shareplay, couch coop) also made me go: "Oh S#&$. I forget all about this...")

Brother, are you saying i were able to hate myself?:scared:

O Lord Emperor, forgive me for my sins.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-29 at 3:45 AM, Dark_Chroma_Prime said:

You mean that super (sarcasm sigm)unique mechanic which can be canceled by using your operator, or just killing him with the operator alone?

And G3 is just a joke, you shoot at them, they die. I already let them capture me, build the key thing to unlock this chain thing and finished. Nothing is special about it. Zanuka ist quite the same, just with some stealth. Yeah so much wow, so much amaze(sarcasm sign)!!

Honestly, this game needs less bullet sponges. Getting boring with nothing new or interesting.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I know a Sniper is NOT what I think to bring to a Defense (Hydron) mission. So when I see folks telling people "Bring a Sniper to that close quarters mission just in case that 6% spawn occurs." Just...irritates me

Up Voted. :)

9 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Barely anyone uses them. Let alone add them to the gear wheel. My recent experiences teaching newbies has shown me this.

Even I don't use them... really the fact that they don't take the mods on your weapon into account just makes them kinda meh.

9 hours ago, Noabettiet said:

Can't argue with that drop rate argument really.

i mean, i don't mind the challenge, but if it will drop garbage, why bother?

For me the last Straw was when he dropped nothing.... no really... He literally dropped absolutely nothing ... no Mods no anything.... he just died and left...

Thats when I started ignoring and aborting the mission whenever he showed up. This level of RNG is #*!%ing ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

This is further exacerbated by the fact that Progress for these players literally comes down to waiting 5 Months for Baro to bring a Mod that allows the weapon/frame to actually work.

16 minutes ago, bananacat89 said:

I always seem to meet him when I am levelling up the worst possible weapons you can find. Then I get all all mad and equip some heavy duty arsenal and he never shows up. 😕

Wolfy is a real bugger! 

I managed to Bamboozle him when I was Levelling Mirage Prime.... he thought it would be easy pickings.... Boy was he wrong. 😠

Still though... he should be deleted.... and yes... They can delete The Wolf Sledge too.

Seriously that weapon is mediocre.... people only want it because its Rare...

3 hours ago, ZedrinBot said:

I'm pretty sure you're BSing.

Either that or you're solo. His health scales with the number of party members and something in the scaling seems to be broken.

For a comparison, my kitgun can destroy a dropship with a single magazine in level 50 Fortuna bounties, and it's rad/corrosive. For the recent level 70 Wolf, it only did about 188 damage a shot.

Either that or you weren't fighting him at level 70.

I killed a lvl85 wolf (before he got nerfed a bit) in about 2 minutes. With only 2 more random players in team in Kuva flood spy. Level scales with  amount of players in team, and health scales with lvl. A lvl85 wolf is a LOT tougher than  lv70. 
You are doing something wrong if you are specifically carrying a weapon for him and still struggle for 20 mins...

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook

Le 29/04/2019 à 11:28, Randomdudu_K a dit :

Imagine spending almost 20 minutes,maybe even 30 minutes, taking down a big #*!% off Wolf,not being equipped with Radiation because it won't be much help to the mission

Spending so much time and requiring a fair amount of coordination, and then being rewarded with...MOLTEN IMPACT...for the 5th time...

Imagine encountering the Wolf a grand total of once during the whole event period... 

• Like 1

Before we start, if you haven't finished the Sacrifice, please do not search what Paracesis is, you have been warned.

Hey, it seems like there's not much people are aware that Wolf is now considered a Sentient by the game and deals Tau damage, this means that Paracesis now deals more damage to Wolf now. Don't believe me? Just look at the damage numbers.

Paracesis in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGOibd3lq6o&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Not all that special.
Your Wolf had no armor. So anything can deal good chunks of damage.

It's a valid strategy, for sure. But as I said, nothing special.

It's not special, yes. You can also use Shattering Impact on it and it would take slightly longer to kill him. What I want to point out instead is, not many people know Wolf is weak to Paracesis.

Me when using an anti wolf setup and he never shows up : NOTICE ME WOLFIE SENPAIII.... 

Me when not using an anti wolf setup and he always shows up : surprised pikachu.png

Jokes aside, a random encounter boss that forces the players to always bring their best gear to survive is a bad design, because it eliminates loadout diversity in missions.

Edited by DrivaMain

56 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

You are doing something wrong if you are specifically carrying a weapon for him and still struggle for 20 mins...

Maxed Rad (see above) mutli-forma'd Kitgun with Arcane Avenger R3, blasting at peak RoF/charge, hitting every shot, with orange crits. I'm not sure, bud, what could I be doing wrong?

10 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

It's a very different game now, though, so of course the Wolf has different mechanics than the old guys. It seems to me he does bring back that queazy feeling I remember having whenever the old Stalker showed up when I was a newbie. And hey, he's basically a mirror to the player. He says "now you know what bosses feel like when you show up as Inaros".

the issue is that he does not give that feel of danger back into regular missions. it just adds in annoyances and currently a hard a rush to get him to spawn and drop his items that are specific to him. if they really wanted to add an elements of random danger then they shouldn't of added items that make the player look forward into counters with this character. 

it would be like if alien's isolation rewarded you the gun to kill the aliens if you danced with death with the aliens a few donzens of times. the sense of danger dies and the so called danger looks more appealing.