Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Except for the fact that only one side of the aisle keeps insisting that an all meta loadout needs to be used, and refusing to accept that we keep showing lots of alternative options that can be used. 

And that's before we mention the repeated incidents I've seen of people who try to flex their "really good" builds, which turn out to be very status heavy, do very little radiation, and significant amounts of slash relative to the radiation damage. Which has once again, always been from one side. 

I like that his design is meant to encourage groups to all pitch in, but I know that not everyone is going to be able to pull their weight. I'm okay with that, but I've seen a lot of high ranking players who go in unprepared and I think that it is tied to the fact that we are usually powerful enough to trivialize all other enemies without having to adapt so people have convinced themselves that the power fantasy is real. And those tend to be the ones screeching that they "already know how to build weapons to take him out, thank you very much, but a 20 minute fight is still just too long". 

Oh but that's the beauty of it. Just be prepared all of the time. One good weapon for him at all times. Then if he shows up, you can beat him quickly. If it turns out that there are 2 of you that can hurt him he goes down really fast. If all 4 could contribute, he would just disintegrate in front of your eyes. 

You can manage that. And we have at least 2 weeks to go. And even if don't get it done right away, they promised that he'll be back. 

But good luck, Tenno. 👍☺️

to be honest i figured out i don't really need to use radiation. i brute powered wolf with a primed fury, primed pressure point, primed reach, and the corrosive blast elements using 3 full elements and prime fever strike drifting contact on a war powered with a chroma prime.  pretty sure that build is bit out of peoples reach though since it requires primed mods and other mods a bit out of peoples reach. 

on a side note this just might be just me that thinks this but for some reason all of the syndicates, and wolf seem to spawn more frequent if i have a stalker mark.  the reason why i think of this is because after all the problems i had as soon as i killed phorid i ended up meeting both wolf and stalker. after killing phorid and alad v i meet suda's hit squad. 

might be just me but it just seems like some really odd coincidences with that. as i haven't even bumped with any syndicate hit squads either when i think about prior to regaining stalker marks.

7 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

Confirmation bias. Had him spawn three missions in a row yesterday. It's all RNG, Tenno.

stop trying to sound smart. I had him show up when I'm trying to focus farm and had no hope of killing him 3 out of 4 missions. Funny how when I have a regular kit I never see the moron. This is getting to be a pattern with DE where they add "difficulty" to the game by adding stupid resists when you have no hope of dealing with it. It's not difficulty, it's stupid cheap game design.Np, it's why I don't support the game with IRL money anymore. Not only did I see the Wolf but the stalker showed up multiple times while I was trying to grind focus-when I have full kit I never see either of them except for very rare times. De is getting so boring and predictable that I wonder they can take a paycheck.

13 minutes ago, M3rc13 said:

stop trying to sound smart. I had him show up when I'm trying to focus farm and had no hope of killing him 3 out of 4 missions. Funny how when I have a regular kit I never see the moron. This is getting to be a pattern with DE where they add "difficulty" to the game by adding stupid resists when you have no hope of dealing with it. It's not difficulty, it's stupid cheap game design.Np, it's why I don't support the game with IRL money anymore. Not only did I see the Wolf but the stalker showed up multiple times while I was trying to grind focus-when I have full kit I never see either of them except for very rare times. De is getting so boring and predictable that I wonder they can take a paycheck.

not going to argue which is right as i don't care. if there is a secondary priority system in the game that DE refrains from talking about or if it is some kind of bad programming, or it is just the pure randomized luck of it all thats making us have these ideas of how it works. i don't care, i just want the dang spawn rate to be more reliable so we don't have to argue about this mess.

Edited by maddragonmaster

41 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

on a side note this just might be just me that thinks this but for some reason all of the syndicates, and wolf seem to spawn more frequent if i have a stalker mark.  the reason why i think of this is because after all the problems i had as soon as i killed phorid i ended up meeting both wolf and stalker. after killing phorid and alad v i meet suda's hit squad. 

might be just me but it just seems like some really odd coincidences with that. as i haven't even bumped with any syndicate hit squads either when i think about prior to regaining stalker marks.

That's cognitive bias again. You're looking for a reason why he spawned, and can't observe the 6% RNG kicking in. So you make a connection to whatever you think it could be. You don't need to conspiracy theory this. 

As an example of exactly how ridiculous this is getting:

32 minutes ago, M3rc13 said:

stop trying to sound smart. I had him show up when I'm trying to focus farm and had no hope of killing him 3 out of 4 missions. 

Really? Because focus farming requires lensed level 30 gear. So if you couldn't do it with your choice of max ranked gear, how you going to blame that on DE? 🙄

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's cognitive bias again. You're looking for a reason why he spawned, and can't observe the 6% RNG kicking in. So you make a connection to whatever you think it could be. You don't need to conspiracy theory this. 

i specificly said that way to save you from saying  "cognitive bias" again. but then again i guess it just you just are having cognitive bias for thinking that i am trying to find  an excuse when i clearly stated it was just simple odd  coincidence that it happen like that.

36 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

i specificly said that way to save you from saying  "cognitive bias" again. but then again i guess it just you just are having cognitive bias for thinking that i am trying to find  an excuse when i clearly stated it was just simple odd  coincidence that it happen like that.

Today I ate the pseudofruit of a Malus pumila. I said it that way because I didn't want you to think that I ate an apple. 

Mate you can't claim that you are saying that it's "just an odd coincidence" after also directly suggesting that it might be "a secondary priority system in the game that DE refrains from talking about". 

The spawn happens whether we're ready or not, whether we're marked by anyone else or not. Yes randomness leads to situations where you get 4 heads in a row on the a coin flip, or none. But the more times you flip that coin, the more likely you will be to get 50% heads. 

Yes we'd probably all like to be able to manipulate his spawn rate. But they're not likely to be changing it to something like that, unless they already planned it, no matter how much we wish it. So just keep doing your runs, Tenno. He'll show up according to his own programming and the RNG. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Today I ate the pseudofruit of a Malus pumila. I said it that way because I didn't want you to think that I ate an apple. 

Mate you can't claim that you are saying that it's "just an odd coincidence" after also directly suggesting that it might be "a secondary priority system in the game that DE refrains from talking about". 

The spawn happens whether we're ready or not, whether we're marked by anyone else or not. Yes randomness leads to situations where you get 4 heads in a row on the a coin flip, or none. But the more times you flip that coin, the more likely you will be to get 50% heads. 

Yes we'd probably all like to be able to manipulate his spawn rate. But they're not likely to be changing it to something like that, unless they already planned it, no matter how much we wish it. So just keep doing your runs, Tenno. He'll show up according to his own programming and the RNG. 

oh you mean the quote i did where i stated i didn't care whats happening or what ever like this one?

because you used a quote from this one. 

1 hour ago, maddragonmaster said:

not going to argue which is right as i don't care. if there is a secondary priority system in the game that DE refrains from talking about or if it is some kind of bad programming, or it is just the pure randomized luck of it all thats making us have these ideas of how it works. i don't care, i just want the dang spawn rate to be more reliable so we don't have to argue about this mess.

or how about this one 

where i stated "it might just be me" where i stated the events happen and the proceed to say "might be just me but it seems like some really odd coincidences" as in it was odd that it happen the way it happen.  and then again stated that i havent saw hide or tail of them until then. 

yeah sure  could of worded it better. but did you honestly think i would argue with you again over this whole coincidences verse cognitive bias? really after how that went so well last time.

5 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

oh you mean the quote i did where i stated i didn't care whats happening or what ever like this one?

because you used a quote from this one. 

or how about this one 

where i stated "it might just be me" where i stated the events happen and the proceed to say "might be just me but it seems like some really odd coincidences" as in it was odd that it happen the way it happen.  and then again stated that i havent saw hide or tail of them until then. 

yeah sure  could of worded it better. but did you honestly think i would argue with you again over this whole coincidences verse cognitive bias? really after how that went so well last time.

What you describe is literally what random events are supposed to be like. 

if there is a secondary priority system in the game that DE refrains from talking about or if it is some kind of bad programming, or it is just the pure randomized luck of it all thats making us have these ideas of how it works.

☝️ And this is a clear demonstration that you are still looking for "something to pin it on", despite seeing the words right from DE telling us that it's a fixed RNG of 6%. Why even would you even say stuff like that? 

But just to show you how people can misinterpret what they see:

What if I told you that I have a coin where you are more likely to get 3 heads or tails off of 4 coin flips, than a 50:50 split of heads and tails. Does that mean that the coins are fair or loaded, and why? 

I love the concept and the execution for the most part. However. You NEED to fix things. The three henchmen are too much for low or mid level missions as invulnerable. Make them hard to kill but let us get rid of them. The Wolf is tough but killable IF everyone sticks around and many just drop the group after a few minutes as they have wasted a half hour in the past. This is the reality. Two of us, all that remained of four, were very slowly killing the wolf when the Host Migration monster joined the battle and ruined about 45 minutes of hard work. We want to embrace this wonderful experience that you have created for us but you are making it to difficult.  Also, think about all the lost effort when he and his henchmen show up on wave 14 in a mission that otherwise would have been work but very survivable.

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Really? Because focus farming requires lensed level 30 gear. So if you couldn't do it with your choice of max ranked gear, how you going to blame that on DE? 🙄

Well when you bring a melee and leave the guns at home it's not much fun.I don't pack something just because DE obviously has an algorithm to hit you with their garbage content when it's least convenient.  I could care less about what you think pseudo genius, but if the Wolf never shows up when I have my actual choice of gear then your stupid "cognitive bias " statements are just hot air coming out of your empty head.

Alright, let's try this again.
CmmJ7Lh.png

Better?

9 minutes ago, M3rc13 said:

DE obviously has an algorithm to hit you with their garbage content when it's least convenient.

Considering that he showed up when I was kitted for it (or, rather, thought I was...), that's still the very same cognitive bias/confirmation bias that is inherent with RNG and the human need to see patterns where there are none. It's a random event, and the Wolf will show up randomly, regardless of your gear. You can be angry at DE, at other posters, but that's simply not how the system works.

1 hour ago, M3rc13 said:

Well when you bring a melee and leave the guns at home it's not much fun.

The two times that I've faced the wolf and been outclassed in damage done to him, were both to players using melee. One was a Valkyr and the other a Chroma.

Your issue wasn't a matter of what type of weapons you were using. It was that you chose to go in without any weapon that would let you kill him in a reasonable amount of time.

That's entirely on you and nobody else. 

1 hour ago, Ced23Ric said:

Alright, let's try this again.
CmmJ7Lh.png

Better?

Oh I'd say that's at least 2x better for killing the wolf compared to the rattleguts you were using, wouldn't you? 😉 

Seriously though, it's going to be hitting many times harder than mine can. If it's something that fits your play style, and you enjoy using it, you should take him down a lot quicker than the 7 minutes you estimated before. 

Good luck Tenno, and good hunting. 

🐺

6 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

What you describe is literally what random events are supposed to be like. 

☝️ And this is a clear demonstration that you are still looking for "something to pin it on", despite seeing the words right from DE telling us that it's a fixed RNG of 6%. Why even would you even say stuff like that? 

But just to show you how people can misinterpret what they see:

What if I told you that I have a coin where you are more likely to get 3 heads or tails off of 4 coin flips, than a 50:50 split of heads and tails. Does that mean that the coins are fair or loaded, and why? 

just stop trying to psychoanalysis me. stop it with the numbers, stop it with the cognitive bias. stop it with the advice. i don't give a rats tail anymore about whats better or hows this is working anymore if. just stop it. if i want to fight wolf with a fricking toothpick i'll fight wolf with a fricking toothpick. i don't care. 

no one likes having advices forced upon themselves when they are having bad luck some rng. no one likes having someone try to psychoanlysis them trying to explain why someone thinks this way or what. just stop it.

2 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

just stop trying to psychoanalysis me. stop it with the numbers, stop it with the cognitive bias. stop it with the advice. i don't give a rats tail anymore about whats better or hows this is working anymore if. just stop it. if i want to fight wolf with a fricking toothpick i'll fight wolf with a fricking toothpick. i don't care. 

no one likes having advices forced upon themselves when they are having bad luck some rng. no one likes having someone try to psychoanlysis them trying to explain why someone thinks this way or what. just stop it.

I haven't given you advice and I don't need to psychoanalyse you to tell you that you're saying things, and making up conspiracy theories that are flat out wrong. The example with the coins is to show that most people don't really grasp how probability works, even on a small scale. 

Just stop trying to blame the wolf's spawns on anything other than the 6% RNG. Doing that doesn't help anyone and just propagates the problem when other gullible people see it and decide to blame their problems on your made up conspiracies. That sort of slack talk only hurts the community. 

Just stop it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I haven't given you advice and I don't need to psychoanalyse you to tell you that you're saying things, and making up conspiracy theories that are flat out wrong. The example with the coins is to show that most people don't really grasp how probability works, even on a small scale. 

Just stop trying to blame the wolf's spawns on anything other than the 6% RNG. Doing that doesn't help anyone and just propagates the problem when other gullible people see it and decide to blame their problems on your made up conspiracies. That sort of slack talk only hurts the community. 

Just stop it.

i wasn't intentionally stating any dang conspiracy theories in here!

12 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

to be honest i figured out i don't really need to use radiation. i brute powered wolf with a primed fury, primed pressure point, primed reach, and the corrosive blast elements using 3 full elements and prime fever strike drifting contact on a war powered with a chroma prime.  pretty sure that build is bit out of peoples reach though since it requires primed mods and other mods a bit out of peoples reach. 

or here!

12 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

and me hurting the community? sure i don't deny that my rants and ravings were harmless. heck half of the time i regret most of them. but did any of these thoughts or "cognitive bias"  ever hurt the warframes community before i came in here?  did any of that hurt the community? as i was going with the flow of the community. minding my own dang business fallowing what ever is the commonly believe because its just easy that way rather. sometimes getting riled into a frenzy by others  players. hey i was even negatively influenced by others when silva and aegis prime showed up. the constant complains about this frame and that frame.  the heated debates that go on this forums. i am not the only ones that doing this so don't put that blame solely on me! it takes more then one to start an argument. 

but did any of these thoughts or "cognitive bias"  ever hurt the warframes community before i came in here?  did any of that hurt the community? as i was going with the flow of the community. minding my own dang business fallowing what ever is the commonly believe because its just easy that way rather. sometimes getting riled into a frenzy by others  players. hey i was even negatively influenced by others when silva and aegis prime showed up. 

Yes it has been around, because some people will grasp at any straws to explain what they can't control. But it does cause harm and the claim "well I'm not the only person who does it" doesn't make it better. You even acknowledge that you have been affected by the same sort of thing when others did it. 

So break the cycle. Stop saying things and using weasel words to sneak illogical conspiracy theories into your posts. Because it makes gullible people fall into the exact same pit as you. And they rant about something that's not real, and blame DE for something that doesn't actually happen. 

And the irony of it is that this most recent one you've come up with, actually decreases your chances of seeing the wolf, because if another assassin successfully targets you for a spawn, the wolf is blocked from spawning. 

You know that the wolf has a fixed RNG spawn rate, please stop attempting to suggest otherwise. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yes it has been around, because some people will grasp at any straws to explain what they can't control. But it does cause harm and the claim "well I'm not the only person who does it" doesn't make it better. You even acknowledge that you have been affected by the same sort of thing when others did it. 

So break the cycle. Stop saying things and using weasel words to sneak illogical conspiracy theories into your posts. Because it makes gullible people fall into the exact same pit as you. And they rant about something that's not real, and blame DE for something that doesn't actually happen. 

And the irony of it is that this most recent one you've come up with, actually decreases your chances of seeing the wolf, because if another assassin successfully targets you for a spawn, the wolf is blocked from spawning. 

You know that the wolf has a fixed RNG spawn rate, please stop attempting to suggest otherwise. 

and one thing. its not conspiracies. conspiracy doesn't even feel like the right word for these. more like a form of superstition then anything. conspiracy is as defined is "a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful."  i know for a fact DE are a really nice group of dev's and i am sorry if anything i do causes them a headache on the forums. i never think of ill of them. heck this "if there is a secondary priority system in the game that DE refrains from talking about or if it is some kind of bad programming..." was just a throwaway thing never intended for anyone to believe this. i was just stating i don't care what the reason why or explanation was i just wanted the spawn rates to be more accurate for the sake of everyone's and mine sanity.  half of the time i only clash head to head with people that clash with my beliefs. 

2 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

and one thing. its not conspiracies. conspiracy doesn't even feel like the right word for these. more like a form of superstition then anything. conspiracy is as defined is "a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful."  i know for a fact DE are a really nice group of dev's and i am sorry if anything i do causes them a headache on the forums. i never think of ill of them. heck this "if there is a secondary priority system in the game that DE refrains from talking about or if it is some kind of bad programming..." was just a throwaway thing never intended for anyone to believe this. i was just stating i don't care what the reason why or explanation was i just wanted the spawn rates to be more accurate for the sake of everyone's and mine sanity.  half of the time i only clash head to head with people that clash with my beliefs. 

Then just don't say it. Humans generally aren't good at figuring out probabilities even when they're explicitly told how things work. Adding fuel to the fire, and then claiming "I didn't mean for people to believe it" or "other people do the same thing" doesn't change what you are doing. 

You know that you were taken in by "many people think it". You know that there's a clear statement about how it works. 

The spawn rates are doing exactly what they're expected to do. The random nature means that he'll show up 6% of the time, over many runs. It doesn't guarantee that he'll show up once or only once in a regimented number of runs. That's not how probability works. 

DE, can you guys please re-design the agro system for wolf6?   Currently, the game treats all wolf6 swamp as the same enemy faction and behavior does not make sense at all. For example, wolf6 is Grineer's criminal, therefore should receive the same agro from Grineer. Same goes for the Infest and the Corrupted. However, Corpus should treat wolf6 as one of them (no agro, full buff).

50 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Then just don't say it. Humans generally aren't good at figuring out probabilities even when they're explicitly told how things work. Adding fuel to the fire, and then claiming "I didn't mean for people to believe it" or "other people do the same thing" doesn't change what you are doing. 

You know that you were taken in by "many people think it". You know that there's a clear statement about how it works. 

The spawn rates are doing exactly what they're expected to do. The random nature means that he'll show up 6% of the time, over many runs. It doesn't guarantee that he'll show up once or only once in a regimented number of runs. That's not how probability works. 

i know this is hypocritical coming from me but then again your the one saying "humans generally aren't good at figuring out probabilities...." while acting like you can explain everything with it. but, you do know this is just an mmo video game where there's a great many people playing this game and have various preferences with their play styles and ways of thinking that vastly contrast each other to the point where you'll go insane if you try and argue with. every has a right to play the way they want. after all it is human to make mistakes.

i mean half of the reason why your still at this is because if i remember right is because you think it's the players fault for how long wolf is taking and is saying to be prepared all the time. weren't you even stating something about how your pulling all the weight in the group while the rest lagged behind? it's not DE's fault and and is not the players fault it's this dang mess of an rng system to the point we can't easily predict nor prepare for it. sure it was fine way back in the time it was included but it's more of a handicap now with how big warframe has gotten. yet warframe doesn't have a proper separate instance where all of these late game stuff can be in where it doesn't bother new game to mid game.

21 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

i know this is hypocritical coming from me but then again your the one saying "humans generally aren't good at figuring out probabilities...." while acting like you can explain everything with it. but, you do know this is just an mmo video game where there's a great many people playing this game and have various preferences with their play styles and ways of thinking that vastly contrast each other to the point where you'll go insane if you try and argue with. every has a right to play the way they want. after all it is human to make mistakes.

i mean half of the reason why your still at this is because if i remember right is because you think it's the players fault for how long wolf is taking and is saying to be prepared all the time. weren't you even stating something about how your pulling all the weight in the group while the rest lagged behind? it's not DE's fault and and is not the players fault it's this dang mess of an rng system to the point we can't easily predict nor prepare for it. sure it was fine way back in the time it was included but it's more of a handicap now with how big warframe has gotten. yet warframe doesn't have a proper separate instance where all of these late game stuff can be in where it doesn't bother new game to mid game.

Nice try, but no. 

I haven't said anything to you about needing to change your playstyle. Afaik I think that you said that you've found a way to beat him that works for you and you're happy enough with it. Prior to that you said that you dislike not knowing when you need to be ready for his arrival, and I said that if you take just one good weapon at all times, it will let you deal with him. I didn't tell you what sort of weapon or how to build it. The reason I said that is because his spawns are random. There's no way to predict when he'll show. 

Right now I have an issue with your repeated suggestions that his stated spawn rate is false and that all sorts of other things are affecting it. Especially since one of them came just before someone else posted about how DE "obviously" stacks the deck to make them lose. 

Comments like yours, which hint at "unspoken systems" lend false credence to that sort of misconception. You know this because you were a victim of the exact same thing and have seen the comments from DE telling us what the spawn rate is. 

Yes, you and I would both benefit from his spawn rate being increased or made into something that can be manipulated. Yes I wish that I would see him more often too, but I know that I might not see him for 40 runs and then have him appear twice in a row and that would be in line with his stated spawn rate. Trying to tack on a suggestion of other things that actually make the chances of a Wolf spawn worse, isn't a good idea. 

Whatever happens RNG means we'll stand a good chance to get it eventually if we keep at it. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nice try, but no. 

I haven't said anything to you about needing to change your playstyle. Afaik I think that you said that you've found a way to beat him that works for you and you're happy enough with it. Prior to that you said that you dislike not knowing when you need to be ready for his arrival, and I said that if you take just one good weapon at all times, it will let you deal with him. I didn't tell you what sort of weapon or how to build it. The reason I said that is because his spawns are random. There's no way to predict when he'll show. 

Right now I have an issue with your repeated suggestions that his stated spawn rate is false and that all sorts of other things are affecting it. Especially since one of them came just before someone else posted about how DE "obviously" stacks the deck to make them lose. 

Comments like yours, which hint at "unspoken systems" lend false credence to that sort of misconception. You know this because you were a victim of the exact same thing and have seen the comments from DE telling us what the spawn rate is. 

Yes, you and I would both benefit from his spawn rate being increased or made into something that can be manipulated. Yes I wish that I would see him more often too, but I know that I might not see him for 40 runs and then have him appear twice in a row and that would be in line with his stated spawn rate. Trying to tack on a suggestion of other things that actually make the chances of a Wolf spawn worse, isn't a good idea. 

Whatever happens RNG means we'll stand a good chance to get it eventually if we keep at it. 

i am not saying the spawn rate is false. i am saying its messed up you 94% of your runs running with anything you want while never bumping wolf often and then when you give up wolf comes back with that 6% when you give up. while probability is hard to grasp i do had an idea that there are many many many many things that can happen with probability far to many to account that can be put into an account when looking into wolf spawns when we think about it. including life related ones, internet related ones, it just keeps on going on and on and on. heck there could of been a probable happening of lightning cutting off the power during one of rainstorms in my location thus shutting off my game as i hear a wolf howl.... for some reason i am both chuckiling at this idea even though i would loose my mind if it happened.

plus the idea that around half of his spawns that he spawns just happen to be at times where people just can't be bothered by him. rather arguing about how about the whole thing we have been arguing about. how aobut we make a suggestion of reducing the probabilities by requesting DE to make there be a requirement of a max leveled warframe and a maxed level weapon before these guys spawn.  then DE can tweak the spawn rates of them without effecting the people that can't handle them properly. while instantly removing any superstition or what ever around invaders. 

On 2019-04-30 at 8:56 PM, Tubsie said:

But you get a lot more. The credit you earn is saved. In the old system, the alert was gone if you missed it. If they would put the Nightwave content into the old alert system, that would be too much stuff going on at once. This gives more and therefore asks more (kinda like getting a raise with increased responsibilities in real life).

And not only that, we get lore stories and possible characters for the future from those stories as well, which I have liked.

Lore aspect is fine, we all love more story drops in Warframe.

But Nightwaves seasonal nature, in Warframe, is something despicable. The factit takes weeks to get S#&$ you want (like alt helmets for some) is inexcusable, and for veterans like myself anything but the last 3 items in the rank reward table are of interest. So that is like 6 weeks of grinding for nothing. Speaking of nothing, I am rank 25 and will not be getting those three rewards that I find of only value for me in whole of Nightwave. Syandana, Umbral Forma and Armor Set. I was delaying going away from home to work far from home as much as I could and was even paying up to 30 dollars for a ticket home just to try and get some Nightwave done in hopes it will be enough but nope, not enough, whole of Nightwave was an utter waste of time for me. And I am mad pisses about that.

And while I did have time to play Warframe after being forced to waste time of designated activities for Nightwave? I didn't play Warframe, because Nightwave turned Warframe into an obligation. 

I said it many times and I'll say it again, FK! NIGHTWAVE! AND EVERYTHING IT REPRESENTS.

To start with, I think I've fought the Wolf only a total of about 6 or 7 times since Nightwave started. The first time I fought it, I noticed the first grievance; He has Alloy Armor on top of Alloy Armor. Probably the tankiest possible combination of defensive layers. To continue this issue, he's immune to status effects, so armor stripping is impossible. There's no way to deal True Damage to him, since he's also immune to Slash procs, and because of all this, he typically takes a minimum of 5 minutes to kill, usually as long as 10 minutes.

These things combined with his seemingly massive health pool make this fight extremely long. Solo, it probably took me 5 minutes to kill him in the first couple weeks of Nightwave with a fully kitted Garuda with Rubico Prime, and most other times I've fought him have been within Helene or Hydron while leveling items, with a squad of people leveling items. However, one such time I was actually playing with my fully kitted Mag Prime with my 4 forma Rubico prime modded with Radiation and Cold damage, the two things that Alloy Armor is supposed to be weak to, and it took all of my ammo 3 full times and about 15 minutes to kill the Wolf, with squadmates chipping at him with their underleveled and undermodded items.

I was going to talk about how his damage is pretty high, too, but thinking about it again, it's really not that bad. It emphasizes not getting hit while dealing as much damage as possible to the Wolf. Pretty much the entire problem lies in how insanely, boringly tanky he is. Many games seem to have trouble understanding that making a "boss" mob extremely meaty is NOT the direction to go. The Wolf is NOT a fun fight, for anyone, except maybe the first time. After that, it's just a boring grind of alternating between dodging his abilities and dealing damage to him, which mostly feels useless unless you're using fully kitted gear with a fully kitted squad and a decent team of synergized Warframes, but seeing as how his spawns are entirely arbitrary, there's no real way to prepare for him in normal, daily gameplay. A boss like this deserves his own node/game mode, with his own loot tables and mission/story arc. However, as he sits now, it's just not fun to deal with.

Edit: Apologies, I just realized I posted this in the wrong subforum, if a mod or someone could move it to the correct spot, or allow me to re-post in the proper subforum, it would be appreciated.

Edited by eXSive
  • Like 1