Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

First step         Defense mission in the Void

Second step    Wait for him to spawn

Third step        Lure him in front of the cryo and activate the console.

Fourth step      Really cool death by lasers. Enjoy your uncommon mod !

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

First step         Defense mission in the Void

Second step    Wait for him to spawn

Third step        Lure him in front of the cryo and activate the console.

Fourth step      Really cool death by lasers. Enjoy your uncommon mod !

Void lasers will insta-gib players don't do a particularly high amount of damage to enemies.

il y a 10 minutes, Urlan a dit :

Void lasers will insta-gib players don't do a particularly high amount of damage to enemies.

You're entitled to your own opinion on this one. It definitely destroys enemies as well and Wolf is no exception. That's not my opinion though, that's what i actually did a few times already.

Maxed power strength Nidus + maxed power strength chroma + both fissured = 5 shots with a tombfinger. Lol

But seriously me and a guy managed to pull a very high damage buffing combo that allowed us to kill the wolf before he could even do anything. Took like 5 seconds. No joke. Teamwork is definitely a key factor in taking out the wolf quickly. Also shattering impact takes out the smaller armor but his health is a different story. 

I could break down some HUGE numbers that will make you think it was all a hack from the beginning. Had to go full on math nerd for dozens of dudes to comprehend how such a “godly” warframe could exist. But the wolf proved “godly” was an understatement. We went full on Master Ultra Instinct on this dude. Lol

Dude i melt him even in kuva flood when hes lvl 75 with umbral valkyr and radiation gram prime and smeeta armor strip under 3 minutes solo. If anything hes to easy and you can even cheese him. You doing it wrong brah. 

2 hours ago, 000l000 said:

You're entitled to your own opinion on this one. It definitely destroys enemies as well and Wolf is no exception. That's not my opinion though, that's what i actually did a few times already.

My opinion being one based on sadly having allies blast that darn laser into my back - and oddly theirs' for whatever reason - to try to hurt Corrupted Grineer Bombards, who were honestly more annoyed than damaged. Course, Wolf does have alloy armor, and beneath that more alloy armor for some reason, which is the same kind as Grineer Bombards; but his armor is so high in comparison and his life as well that in practice its like a tickle. I am partially convinced after long hours spent in Void Defense that the Corrupted put those Laser Terminals there just for Tenno to accidentally kill their fellows with them.

Removing his armor first though, with the limited methods to do so, Sundering Dash; Shattering Impact; or a Kavat with the Shredding Claws mod will make killing him - particularly with radiation modded weapons -easier.  Being invulnerable during the fight can make it so you don't have to deal with the entire ordeal of the fight, outside how long it can take if you don't have a method of removing that armor.

il y a 26 minutes, Urlan a dit :

My opinion being one based on sadly having allies blast that darn laser into my back - and oddly theirs' for whatever reason - to try to hurt Corrupted Grineer Bombards, who were honestly more annoyed than damaged. Course, Wolf does have alloy armor, and beneath that more alloy armor for some reason, which is the same kind as Grineer Bombards; but his armor is so high in comparison and his life as well that in practice its like a tickle. I am partially convinced after long hours spent in Void Defense that the Corrupted put those Laser Terminals there just for Tenno to accidentally kill their fellows with them.

Removing his armor first though, with the limited methods to do so, Sundering Dash; Shattering Impact; or a Kavat with the Shredding Claws mod will make killing him - particularly with radiation modded weapons -easier.  Being invulnerable during the fight can make it so you don't have to deal with the entire ordeal of the fight, outside how long it can take if you don't have a method of removing that armor.

I don't know what you're talking about, i was commenting you saying lasers weren't dealing much damage to enemies,which is wrong and in Wolf particular case, a waste of potential since no one cares about players being killed by lasers as long as Wolf is insta-killed.

Oh look what we got here another whine thread about big bad wolf. And yes i do enjoy wolf fight cos it feels like a boss and not like another S#&$y random mob apears like stalker and other trash bosses (gustav three and others) that dies in less then 10 seconds. And yes you can be prepared to fight big bad wolf you have 3 wep slots and 1 of them can be a strong one with radiation damage, or imagine you can even have an Arch Gun like Imperator Vandal builded to Radiation damage with ammo chain mod that will destroy big bad wolf And yes you can kill it solo in less then 5 min on ANY frame(way less), hell i did kill it with my operator solo using magus melt + magus surge to build rad damage on amp and it take me less then 5 min.

How many more threads ppl gona post about big bad wolf. yawn.

5 hours ago, Benour said:

Dude i melt him even in kuva flood when hes lvl 75 with umbral valkyr and radiation gram prime and smeeta armor strip under 3 minutes solo. If anything hes to easy and you can even cheese him. You doing it wrong brah. 

3 minutes of non-stop hitting one enemy is not really "melting" in the usual literary sense where it has connotations of "blowtorch vs. stick of butter". It's closer to "put a bag of frozen peas on your lap" melting.

And again, this fight is not difficult. Nothing about it challenges the *player*. A 2 metre high obstacle between you and the random encounter renders him harmless. It's nothing more than a random stop and search gear check prompted by nothing at all. The challenge of a monster is not a linear function of the amount of time required to kill it. If you think otherwise, then I'm pretty sure that there's a brick wall just a few metres away from where you're sitting right now. That'll be a wonderful, beautiful, perfectly balanced and designed challenge for your fingers to destroy.

9 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

3 minutes of non-stop hitting one enemy is not really "melting" in the usual literary sense where it has connotations of "blowtorch vs. stick of butter". It's closer to "put a bag of frozen peas on your lap" melting.

And again, this fight is not difficult. Nothing about it challenges the *player*. A 2 metre high obstacle between you and the random encounter renders him harmless. It's nothing more than a random stop and search gear check prompted by nothing at all. The challenge of a monster is not a linear function of the amount of time required to kill it. If you think otherwise, then I'm pretty sure that there's a brick wall just a few metres away from where you're sitting right now. That'll be a wonderful, beautiful, perfectly balanced and designed challenge for your fingers to destroy.

W/e floats your boat. And yes im having fun beating the poop out of him. Also you forgot take your chill pills brah. 

Didnt find him much fun the few times I fought him, took way too long to kills and was jumping around too much for my liking. I was using a sparring weapon at the time and kept losing sight of him because he would jump towards someone else, 5 minutes of pummeling him with a weapon I was trying to level up isn't much fun.

14 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

this 6% spawn rate of wolfs is irritating. as i just decided to to forma my valkyr prime to try and rework a build into a build i can feel comfortible with my current play style. and then wolf shows up. i have terrible luck.

That's not bad luck, it's bad planning. You have been a part of this conversation long enough to know that you can safely level a frame quickly in the sanctuary. You chose to try to do it in a place where you know he has a 6% RNG based spawn rate. 

21 hours ago, (NSW)CthulhuAzathoth said:

DE, can you guys please re-design the agro system for wolf6?   Currently, the game treats all wolf6 swamp as the same enemy faction and behavior does not make sense at all. For example, wolf6 is Grineer's criminal, therefore should receive the same agro from Grineer. Same goes for the Infest and the Corrupted. However, Corpus should treat wolf6 as one of them (no agro, full buff).

Corpus is full of competing groups. WOSS is Alad's puppet. Having him attack and be attacked by all factions also makes the fight a little easier. They all act as distractions for the Wolf slowing him down a bit. 

Honestly having him be assigned as either Corpus or Grineer would probably make killing him ridiculously easy as we'd be able to use the bane mods. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Corpus is full of competing groups. WOSS is Alad's puppet. Having him attack and be attacked by all factions also makes the fight a little easier. They all act as distractions for the Wolf slowing him down a bit. 

Honestly having him be assigned as either Corpus or Grineer would probably make killing him ridiculously easy as we'd be able to use the bane mods.

Totally agree on with the easy kill part. They are killable, but just require A LOT OF time. I bump into the WOLF at first series during a solo mission and took me almost an hour to kill him. At  the end I receive nothing usefull. Now a day I just let the wolf6 kill me or I just run away. Honestly, none of them are worth the time wasted, I rather use the time to farm relic or rare resources. My suggestion is mainly in making nightwave series into an independent fraction. This way DE can adjust their relationship and not break the store. We know such a system already in the game (crossfire mission). For example, in the first phase of the series, Wolf is looking for the warden. It will make sense for Wolf to attack Gringer becuase he need to find out wher the warden is hiding. Second phase he is Alad's toy, so let him protect the Corpus.

The current system will break a lot of the game myth later on. In theroy, Gringer and Infeast  will never go against their own kind.

32 minutes ago, (NSW)CthulhuAzathoth said:

Totally agree on with the easy kill part. They are killable, but just require A LOT OF time. I bump into the WOLF at first series during a solo mission and took me almost an hour to kill him. At  the end I receive nothing usefull. Now a day I just let the wolf6 kill me or I just run away. Honestly, none of them are worth the time wasted, I rather use the time to farm relic or rare resources. My suggestion is mainly in making nightwave series into an independent fraction. This way DE can adjust their relationship and not break the store. We know such a system already in the game (crossfire mission). For example, in the first phase of the series, Wolf is looking for the warden. It will make sense for Wolf to attack Gringer becuase he need to find out wher the warden is hiding. Second phase he is Alad's toy, so let him protect the Corpus.

The current system will break a lot of the game myth later on. In theroy, Gringer and Infeast  will never go against their own kind.

For many people who have chosen to take appropriate gear, the fight is over in just a few minutes. It takes even less time if more than one person in the squad had enough sense to take viable weapons or frames. If it's taking you significantly longer than that, you should check the gear you have decided to tak it with you and make appropriate changes. 

Regarding enemies attacking their own kind.... Happens all the time. Corpus board member fighting Corpus board member, is a longstanding theme in the lore. Even our allies among the Corpus and Grineer are known to attack us when the mood hits. 

Heck it can even happen to individual members of squads of warframes doing a mission where they attack the other squad members. 

6 hours ago, 000l000 said:

I don't know what you're talking about, i was commenting you saying lasers weren't dealing much damage to enemies,which is wrong and in Wolf particular case, a waste of potential since no one cares about players being killed by lasers as long as Wolf is insta-killed.

Which is what I am talking about, as the lasers, without serious help in the removing the enemies' armor doesn't hurt them all that much. And I gave my basis on why I believe so, as I have played that situation and had numerous 'wacky' engagements with said laser terminals.

il y a 13 minutes, Urlan a dit :

Which is what I am talking about, as the lasers, without serious help in the removing the enemies' armor doesn't hurt them all that much. And I gave my basis on why I believe so, as I have played that situation and had numerous 'wacky' engagements with said laser terminals.

Serious help ? No, you only need a Kavat to strip Wolf armor entirely. Getting rid of his armor is only a matter of seconds, only his huge amount of HP is a serious challenge, and as i said Orokin lasers definitely destroy him. At his point i'm really questioning your objectivity.

Edited by 000l000

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's not bad luck, it's bad planning. You have been a part of this conversation long enough to know that you can safely level a frame quickly in the sanctuary. You chose to try to do it in a place where you know he has a 6% RNG based spawn rate.

one i hate the sanctuary, and two you do realized the probabilities or reason people don't choose to do sanctuary do you? one survival is easy to solo and relax with any giving weapon you want, on top of it i have a recent grudge against it when they introduced the ephemera's since blazing step ephemera comes from eso and its at the 8th mark where its a fricking headache trying to get the dang thing because everyones abusing the dang exp offerings of the dang mission node. so NO! i am not going to do onslaught. because i am a player who prefers to solo and one that prefers to use melee, and no way i am going to build that plague kirpath polarm zaw cause i just don't care about it. 

so don't force me that "just go to sanctuary; or be more prepared." bull. besides after i leveled my valkry prime i manage to get some revenge on it.

Edited by maddragonmaster

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

on top of that you have gone on and on about 6% RNG based for a while now and used words like probability and stuff even though you forgot that everythings a probability. luck basically the same thing which the decryption is  "success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions."  . besides saying 6% RNG to someone over and over again isn't going to chance the fact that it can happen.  i am pretty sure you know of murphy's law. where everything that can go wrong will go wrong.

even if you plan or prep for something it can still go wrong. 

besides why should we overthink ourselves or over prepare in a video game.

3 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

one i hate the sanctuary, and two you do realized the probabilities or reason people don't choose to do sanctuary do you? one survival is easy to solo and relax with any giving weapon you want, on top of it i have a recent grudge against it when they introduced the ephemera's since blazing step ephemera comes from eso and its at the 8th mark where its a fricking headache trying to get the dang thing because everyones abusing the dang exp offerings of the dang mission node. so NO! i am not going to do onslaught. because i am a player who prefers to solo and one that prefers to use melee, and no way i am going to build that plague kirpath polarm zaw cause i just don't care about it. 

so don't force me that "just go to sanctuary; or be more prepared." bull. besides after i leveled my valkry prime i manage to get some revenge on it.

Sanctuary ≠ ESO. 

And I am not forcing you, I'm pointing out the obvious option for levelling rapidly, with no risk of encountering the wolf with unlevelled gear. 

3 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

on top of that you have gone on and on about 6% RNG based for a while now and used words like probability and stuff even though you forgot that everythings a probability. luck basically the same thing which the decryption is  "success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions."  . besides saying 6% RNG to someone over and over again isn't going to chance the fact that it can happen.  i am pretty sure you know of murphy's law. where everything that can go wrong will go wrong.

even if you plan or prep for something it can still go wrong. 

besides why should we overthink ourselves or over prepare in a video game.

You're speaking like you're not understanding how probabilities work. Just like when you talked about your internet going down due to lightning storms. That's got nothing to do with the game itself. 

If I'm in a mission with an acceptable weapon and/or frame, my chances for success against the wolf, approaches certainty. You chose to go in an unlevelled frame and ended up having a a more difficult time, that's not Murphy's law, it's common sense. 

As to the question of why we should over prepare, nobody told you to over prepare. The suggestion is to not go totally unprepared if you don't want to have a more difficult time. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Sanctuary ≠ ESO. 

And I am not forcing you, I'm pointing out the obvious option for levelling rapidly, with no risk of encountering the wolf with unlevelled gear. 

i know sanctuary onslaught isn't  elite sanctuary onslaught. still have a bad experience because people ARE using it for experience and dropping out before 8th wave. which i wanted to reach because of me wanting the blazing step. but then again no one is bothing going past 4th. plus the efficiency the whole game mode is about is terrible. requiring weapons and warframes that require lots and alots of aoe which puts people like me in a bind because that shortens the choices of weapony and frames. half of the time i wish onslaughts never rewarded exp.

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You're speaking like you're not understanding how probabilities work. Just like when you talked about your internet going down due to lightning storms. That's got nothing to do with the game itself. 

If I'm in a mission with an acceptable weapon and/or frame, my chances for success against the wolf, approaches certainty. You chose to go in an unlevelled frame and ended up having a a more difficult time, that's not Murphy's law, it's common sense. 

As to the question of why we should over prepare, nobody told you to over prepare. The suggestion is to not go totally unprepared if you don't want to have a more difficult time. 

yes i don't know much about probability. i only looked up the definition but i at least know that probability can be used with anything not just games, i think. you know what lets just stop it. we are gaining no traction arguing about what is to be blamed about wolf's it's not entirely the players fault, its not DE's fault. its just a really old mechanic of a old system that needs to be improved upon. i mean i at least made a forum advising that it's a bad idea on to have a level 60-80 or how ever the leveling goes with him to be dropped on at least new players and players that are still fresh but are floating out in the void not really knowing what to do because warframe doesn't really give a player a direction to go, just plops the player in after vors prize. i mean i remember telling a level6-12 mr player that T opens the chat menu and the person was surprised that there was a chat menu.

.... jeez i have been getting a whole lot of stress lately. between the moving anxiety, the ever ticking count down on nightwave, and this whole debate over wolf. anyways i'll just stop arguing with you. but you have to at least cease refrain from saying it's all the players fault. i mean i am not arguing that  people need to be prepared when wolf some people just want to relax and enjoy the game, most of us just want to level stuff on our favorite missions, or for some level on mission nodes they can actually access to. for a matter of fact if my friend ever gets his labtop to play its going to be impossible for him to play since his labtop crashes when he enters the portals or something. 

1 minute ago, maddragonmaster said:

i know sanctuary onslaught isn't  elite sanctuary onslaught. still have a bad experience because people ARE using it for experience and dropping out before 8th wave. which i wanted to reach because of me wanting the blazing step. but then again no one is bothing going past 4th. plus the efficiency the whole game mode is about is terrible. requiring weapons and warframes that require lots and alots of aoe which puts people like me in a bind because that shortens the choices of weapony and frames. half of the time i wish onslaughts never rewarded exp.

Public runs often end up with a Saryn or two farming focus. And if your aim is to level up a frame rapidly you're not going to be in ESO, and ephemera aren't an issue. 

yes i don't know much about probability. i only looked up the definition but i at least know that probability can be used with anything not just games, i think.

Probability can apply to all sorts of things but games like this one are built around very specific calculations that aren't going to be affected by extraneous factors. 

you know what lets just stop it. we are gaining no traction arguing about what is to be blamed about wolf's it's not entirely the players fault, its not DE's fault. 

How is intentionally going into a mission unprepared, not the fault of the person making that choice? 

its just a really old mechanic of a old system that needs to be improved upon.

Lolwut? It's a very new mechanic, and you can look at the build notes to see when his spawn rate went up. 

i mean i at least made a forum advising that it's a bad idea on to have a level 60-80 or how ever the leveling goes with him to be dropped on at least new players and players that are still fresh but are floating out in the void not really knowing what to do because warframe doesn't really give a player a direction to go, just plops the play in after vors prize. i mean i remember telling a level6-12 mr player that T opens the chat menu and the person was surprised that there was a chat menu.

He scales with mission level and his spawn rate is also affected in a similar way. 

.... jeez i have been getting a whole lot of stress lately. between the moving anxiety, the ever ticking count down on nightwave, and this whole debate over wolf. anyways i'll just stop arguing with you. but you have to at least cease refrain from saying it's all the players fault.

Would you accept it if I said that it's the fault of the players who are intentionally unprepared, instead? You still have about two weeks. 

i mean i am not arguing that  people need to be prepared when wolf some people just want to relax and enjoy the game, most of us just want to level stuff on our favorite missions, or for some level on mission nodes they can actually access to. for a matter of fact if my friend ever gets his labtop to play its going to be impossible for him to play since his labtop crashes when he enters the portals or something. 

Then he should probably make sure to equip one piece of gear that would allow him to take down the wolf in a reasonable way for the next couple of weeks. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

How is intentionally going into a mission unprepared, not the fault of the person making that choice?

because wolf is literally a level 60-80 boss with a 6% spawn rate spawning in a mission that most people could run in with just 1 decent weapon with a decent build and a bit of survival ability on their frames even ko stalker with said ability. and then wolf was just dropped in the game where everyone was use to this way of playing. with the only way of freely leveling without this guy jumping in being sanctuary onslaught which again crashes depending on how effective a persons computer or laptop is.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Lolwut? It's a very new mechanic, and you can look at the build notes to see when his spawn rate went up. 

he spawns like the invaders or assassins like wolf, g3, and zenuka so yes he is using old mechanics. if he was using an entirely new mechanic then you could of had both him and stalker spawning on you at the same time.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Public runs often end up with a Saryn or two farming focus. And if your aim is to level up a frame rapidly you're not going to be in ESO, and ephemera aren't an issue.

people can still run eso with low level weapons. therefor they only stick around till those weapons are leveled up or untill their saryn or what ever they are using reaches their limits. 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

He scales with mission level and his spawn rate is also affected in a similar way.

then why does the patch notes stated that their levels.... huh? it says level cap at 60-75 could of swore that i thought that it meant that it was was meaning that was what level they were only going to spawn at. that i agree is my bad.i apologize on that.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Would you accept it if I said that it's the fault of the players who are intentionally unprepared, instead? You still have about two weeks.

sure if people are intentionally going in prepared without having a decent build then yes it is their fault. whether it is leaching or what not. if they don't have one decent weapon then yeah its their mistake. just like i guess it was my mistake for thinking wolf and friends where locked in the 60-75 range. not sure how i got that idea. i guess you win on that technicality. don't know why i had the thought of was only in the 60-75 range. 

well i guess your going to get a good laugh at this. while i am going to hysterically laugh while i keep the thought of of i could of fought wolf at a lower level and be able to defeat. him.

The main complaints I've seen and what I suggest

Firstly:

• Wolf is too rare and his reward table is frustrating
  • Wolf spawns are too random to be farmed 
  • People are forced to play regularly to not fall behind 
  • there is nothing to do after you get to prestige ranks 

These issues seem to be related to the not being able to reliably farm the wolf. To fix that in an interesting way end night wave with a short event for people to farm for items or standing and consider making it available early to those who get max rank. For example a WOSS6 skinned version of Acolytes of stalker, his own temporary boss node or being able to buy wolf attracting beacons. I prefer this to simply raisingng the number because it is more dynamic and solves the arguably most difficult problem, the lack of anything to do once you prestige. 

Secondly:

• Nora is annoying
  • Tasks for nightwave are too random and feel unrelated/ time wastey

Nora needs a change she has become to repetitive. This may not work for all tasks but maybe when you  complete a night wave task spawn trigger what ever the random encounter is set up. For example when you complete a task some of the fugitives spawn. You could then tie Nora's voice lines tie in with them spawning so its more of a warning than just this random thing. Then add an option to mute Nora because no matter what you do some people will always hate her. 

Thirdly:

• Wolf is too Tanky or difficult

Make it like G3 where you can instantly extract  and combine that with making him more common ( perhaps in the way I suggested earlier) so people don't feel the need to kill him every time. I don't really want to make him too easy or there will be no gravity to encounters.