Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

I'm sorry you aren't enjoying this season.

I personally don't find the challenges to be that time consuming or demanding. Some of it is tedious (fishing and mining on both PoE/OV)), but wont take that long to do. Is it a matter of procrastinating, or that maybe you literally can only sign in on the weekends? I don't get a lot of time to play, but I've already been thinking about how to pace myself this week so that I don't save it all for one or two days. I'll probably do 1 or 2 bounties on Fortuna and a sortie on the nights that I can play, while passively tackling the dailies. Then whatever is left, I'll do with my weekend. And I take comfort in knowing that I don't have to go out of my way and do the ones that I really don't enjoy (mining/fishing). I can just skip them and move on to something I prefer. If, however, you hate every challenge on the list then I don't know what to suggest, but I am curious what kind of stuff you do enjoy doing if that's the case.

I also don't mind that Hildryn and Baruuk are behind a grindwall. I don't think you can get anything in this game that doesn't require grinding. Some of it is easier than others, but I still had to grind my way through the star chart (and the subsequent boss farms) to get most of the frames that I have now. The difference now is that RNG isn't really involved. Instead of farming the same boss or mission endlessly for a chance that the part I need drops, I can get currency to buy exactly what I want.

The alert system works the same way, and I think it is great and healthy to offer systems other than RNG into the game. I get fatigued easily from RNG. Farming for Atlas, Equinox, Mesa, and Harrow really tested my patience and dedication to the game and when I finally got them, I took a break from the game for a while because I was burnt out. So I can sympathize if players feel similarly when doing the Nightwave system, even though I personally enjoy it.

Do you have any suggestions on what they could do to make the system more appealing to you? I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement, but I honestly hated the old Alert system, and I wont have much interest in playing the game if they revert back to it.

And as for the melee system, what about it don't you like? I'm having a blast with it and it has makes combat feel so refreshing now.

Edited by IntheCoconut

16 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

I had like... nearly all of them in a year, year and a half? That's with a 6-7 month break.

Without alert apps or no-lifing it?
Took me a month  I think to just get corrosive projection and I played maybe 6-7 hours a day the first month.
I think I have about 3-4 helmets (I dont care about them though so not a good measurement).
Still even IF 114 different helmets came on alerts everyday (maybe they did I never looked for them) and you were there to grab them it would still be almost 4 months, but you would have to have an INCREDIBLE luck to be on at  the same time with the alerts to get it done in this time.

• Like 2

I miss the old alerts, work 12h a day, three kids, only play three pc games.

All nightwave has that interests me is Umbral Forma and an armour set. But with that grind.

Well I can honestly say nightwave has cut my time in game by a huge amount. 

In all that time since release all I have managed to grind was a skin for the Hek. 

As such, I have around 180 days of boosters that are going to waste because I see no point grinding like I have no life for rewards that previously I could casually choose. 

No more logging in and seeing a casual alert you fancy, so simply less logging in at all.

The whole system is grind and garbage.

2 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

just think of all the sense of pride and accomplishment you'll be getting, though

Sorry i don't feel either in video games...

Edited by DanteYoda
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, IntheCoconut said:

I'm sorry you aren't enjoying this season.

If, however, you hate every challenge on the list then I don't know what to suggest, but I am curious what kind of stuff you do enjoy doing if that's the case.

And as for the melee system, what about it don't you like? I'm having a blast with it and it has makes combat feel so refreshing now.

It's not the "this season", it's the concept and limitations.

It's not so much a problem with the challenges as it is with the challenges being the only real way of getting the standings for the timegated Nightwave as a whole, "you as a person have a limited time of day between work, family etc that you can spend on playing, so we'll tell you how to spend that time in the game".
You get what I mean? It makes it into an obligation rather than choice.

I just hate Nightwave, what it is at its core and surface. I have a problem with everything that is Nightwave, including Nora Night, The Annoying Narator who I wish I could put on a permanent mute for absolutely everything. Dear god, her accenting and way of talking is so over the top and... smug/arroggant...

I just... really hate everything about Nightwave. I know it is here to stay, but dear god in this state it just makes me not want to play at all.
I'm still gonna do the challenges for as long as I can because that's the one and only way of getting standings (no, 150 standing every hour or so from fugitives does not count as real or contributing), but even that is not going to be for long. I want the Umbral Forma, I want those Saturn Six cosmetics, but they are timegated behind TWO FKIN MONTHS OF NOTHING!!! Of FORCED  grinding, without choice!

This is not Warframe.

As for melee, I dislike the switching. I can't hold swap to switch to melee, I have to quick melee to get to it, swinging into nothing. And in order to do a block combo I have to aim, which even if you manage to pull the combo without being kicked back into shooting, will kick you back into shooting after the combo is over. Awesome... real nice.
Give me back my old weapon switching, just make it faster and that's it. No one switches between shooting and melee and shooting and melee and shooting and melee because that gets you killed.
There's a reason we got glaives+secondary. Just expand on that, melee+secondary. POOF! DONE FKIN DEAL! More effective, cooler, you still get to keep animations, doesn't wreak havoc on the mechanics...

Edited by Acersecomic

14 hours ago, Upzek said:

Three appearances ...

First - There was his image, but he didn't spawn.

Second & Third - The group killed him, only to receive a uncommon mod. 

The next discount coupon I get is going towards buying the wolf hammer off of someone.

14 hours ago, Warfoxzero said:

The wolf spawned 3 times for me, and gave me 2 heads.

I've seen him once; he dropped nothing at all when we killed him. And he's worth no Nightwave standing or wolf cred. Top shelf stuff. 

On 2019-03-11 at 5:06 AM, Teljaxx said:

The best part about the Wolf's spawning is that he cannot spawn at all in the open world areas. So what does DE do? They run an event that takes place entirely in an open world area! That way no one can have the wolf spawn at all! Such a great idea!

More and more, this whole thing makes me feel like they really didn't spend any time whatsoever thinking this through before dumping it on us.

They never do think anything through it seems like

40 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

I just... really hate everything about Nightwave. I know it is here to stay, but dear god in this state it just makes me not want to play at all.
I'm still gonna do the challenges for as long as I can because that's the one and only way of getting standings (no, 150 standing every hour or so from fugitives does not count as real or contributing), but even that is not going to be for long. I want the Umbral Forma, I want those Saturn Six cosmetics, but they are timegated behind TWO FKIN MONTHS OF NOTHING!!! Of FORCED  grinding, without choice!

Weird. I don't seem to be able to muster any sympathy here. 

You want something. You have a way to get that something. The way involves playing different parts of the game, you have been playing for some time. You don't want do that. 

Yeah, see? Absolutely no sympathy, for some reason. 

46 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

This is not Warframe.

I double checked on that for you. Apparently it is, for now at least. So....... 

10 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I'm still hoping to see how he holds up against my solo Ivara.  

Absolutely might wreck him. I was not really optimized - I had a new Vectis Prime and my kitgun, Dookie Shoes, and that was about it. It only took us a few minutes to kill him as a concentrated group, and he wasn't that dangerous, but we went through some ammo. 

• Like 2

On 2019-03-11 at 5:11 PM, (XB1)Dic3man said:

I would like to see ONE casual player (doesnt even have to be casual) that DONT use alert apps that manage to get 114 different helmets in under 5 years even.

its not that difficult really. i have all alt helmets and i did it in a much shorter timespan. 

On 2019-03-11 at 1:37 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

huh, I did not know this. I suppose if I;m a few points short towards the end of Nightwave, I'll go catch them on the Vallis. thanks!

During the Buried Debts event, everything in Orb Vallis is doubled. This includes resources (like mining) and Nightwave guys. It will be over after BD ends.

You are not missing anything by not killing the wolf - he is just a bullet sponge with zero drops -  I have killed him a few times because my team thought that he might drop something good. Don't waste your time and bullets on him - also don't waste your time on the new slower nightwave grind system with 15 stupid acts each week for 10 weeks, if you want around the same rewards as was the case with the quick alert system.

DE should really learn not to force players to play stuff they don't want to play.

On 2019-03-11 at 11:31 AM, Marvelous_A said:

I will just show you my math of getting all alternate helmets, as a new player, in the new WoS. 

Old way: random daily alert, which a new players can consistently get at least 1 or even more alternate helmets depends on RNG. Might as well takes a long time for the right one to generate.

New way: You get wolf cred at tiers 3, 6, 12, 16, 20, and 24. One helmet costs 35. Total you can get 300 creds in 10 weeks (which equals duration of the fist phase of SS). At most you will get 300/35=8 helmets, in 10 weeks.

We currently has 38 warframes, given all of them will eventually get 3 alternate helmets we have 38*3=114 helmets. 114/8~14 which means it will take new players 14 phases=140 weeks= almost 3 years to get all alternate helmets given they play this game religiously to complete every Nightwave challenge and redeem only helmets. It is, to be honest, absurdly long time. 

Please tell me how is a system that requires you to play for 3 years and redeem only alternate helmets not a problem while the old system just ask you to login and play short missions and give you the blueprint immediately afterwards?

your math is wrong for starters you can prestige and get wolf creds for every prestige level and counting helmets that dont yet exist is disingenuous as all hell

On 2019-03-11 at 6:31 AM, Marvelous_A said:

New way: You get wolf cred at tiers 3, 6, 12, 16, 20, and 24. One helmet costs 35. Total you can get 300 creds in 10 weeks (which equals duration of the fist phase of SS). At most you will get 300/35=8 helmets, in 10 weeks.

This statement is false. If you get to max rank prior to the end of the 10 weeks, you're able to prestige your level, and all levels after prestige will reward wolf cred. 

And if we're talking about new players specifically, they aren't going to have all the warframes in 10 weeks to begin with, nor will they necessarily want all or even most alt helmets within that span of time. They can get a cosmetic for something they want specifically rather than waiting for it to come around on a rotation that they might miss, as the old system functioned. DE isn't pushing anyone to pay for anything with this change, if anything, it's given people ways of earning things that have gameplay benefits that they wouldn't have access to early on without spending money, such as slots, multiple forma and potatoes. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

You are not missing anything by not killing the wolf - he is just a bullet sponge with zero drops -  I have killed him a few times because my team thought that he might drop something good. Don't waste your time and bullets on him

This is all well and good, but it's my time and I'd appreciated the opportunity to make that determination for myself. Still haven't seen him even after running tons of missions where he can supposedly spawn daily (I just want to see him once, farming his hammer clearly isn't an option).

29 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

DE should really learn not to force players to play stuff they don't want to play.

They aren't forcing you to do anything, they are trying to incentivize you to log in and play...diabolical I know.

I'm pretty ambivalent about Nightwave, it's meh chores combined with stuff that will just happen anyway...a checkbox doesn't suddenly transform mining and opening lockers into something exciting and new. I've never needed DE to create a Warframe todo list for me these past 5 years.

I didn't have an issue with alerts, got every helmet, lots-o-nitain and never used an app or lost any sleep. Nora seems really out of place to me as well, and if she isn't going to inform me that the wolf has finally invaded she can shut it.

Edited by (PS4)Elvenbane

1 hour ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

if she isn't going to inform me that the wolf has finally invaded she can shut it.

id like it if she could give you a hint as to were the wolf may be like the acolytes

also i like her voice its like a jazz DJ really made me wish she played some chill music id love me a 3 dog in warframe 

Wolfie caught me on a solo 4x dragon key derelict run (nidus, akvasto p, orthos p, rubico p) and I managed to beat him. He's a damage sponge with the AI of a specter, and even with reduced damage and all other stats, playing hide-and-seek in spoiler mode and taking potshots at him proved to be his tedious undoing.