Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

IF you dont want to read the negative remarks skip to the solutions How to fix this. Looking forward to the feedback on the solutions presented !!!

Negative remarks:

So i am currently tier 29, going to finish getting the last tier 30 tomorrow and so far only got wolf spawning 3 times after hundreds and hundreds of missions over the nightwave event (just today were 29+ missions just counting with fissures + invasions + nightmare). Now I dont know if i was just unlucky but this is nothing new to the devs, fissure system for example was implemented exactly to improve the huge grind and frustrating system that was b4, which the wolf seems to be in dire need of...

-1st of all the lack of transparency and numbers of how wolf spawns and % is a huge nono, the most common reason for devs to not post this is cause it would be negative to them so thats a red flag right there.

-2nd given the low spawn rate of Wolf boss and how it disappears  after few months this is nothing more than a time gate that I assume will be lifted by the final week and goes in hand with the 1st point...

-3rd I dont know how someone finishing the 30 reward tiers and only seen wolf 3 times can be called good design...

How to fix this:

Option A: This is the option i think better suits the nature of the event - Make a Wolf boss mission like sortie each week, u can do as many times as u want but u only get rewards x number of times per week (lets imagine starts like 2 1st week and increases till last weeks u can farm as much as u want)

Option B: Keep invasion but change to a DECENT spawn rate whole event, can increase even further by the end...

Option C: Do a final event in the end where u can farm the boss as much as u want (which is how i think this will end up being)...

Option D: A mix of the other options namely A and the current system of invasions

• Like 2

Fully agree with you.

I haven't even seem him once, and my chances of getting the wolf sledge diminish more and more...
Seen tons of every other assassin though.

And personally I would like the wolf to follow the acolytes in style:
-Players play random missions until he is spotted
-He stays in that map for a while and people can farm him.
-He then disappears and after a cool down appears in another andom tile
-Repeat until the event is over.
Just don't have the stupid health bar of the acolytes so that everyone gets a chance at fighting him.

This way people can actually hunt him down and get his drops, and at the same time it actually ties into his lore of running around the star system and being on specific planets.

54 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

it wasn't a problem when we pointed it out at the beginning, why is it a problem now? what has changed?

I think as time passes the more of the players that said it was fine at the start are starting to see how bad it really is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DigitalNikki said:

I think as time passes the more of the players that said it was fine at the start are starting to see how bad it really is.

ah, the relentless march of time, the great eye opener.

well, supposedly Wolf spawns will ramp up, or something, so maybe at least that will mellow out again.

I was about to post about this exact problem.

I'm also at rank 29 and play nightly.  I've literally only fought the wolf one time, and had zero drops from that encounter.  It would be really unfortunate if I missed out on the wolf sledge for good due to very low spawn rates.  I was hopeful that with the increased spawn rates, I would get more opportunities, but it hasn't happened.

Here's to hoping that towards the end of the event, there's some way to farm the boss a little bit more.  

Edited by TheMikhail

I was lucky enough to get all of the parts of the wolf sledge with 5 Wolf encounters, but I do agree that a boss that has a very small chance to spawn and it’s could potentially be event exclusive is not a good spawn design. To give you a perspective on how stupidly rare the weapon is I am the only one in my moon clan who owns Wolf Sledge without buying it from trade chat and maybe I am the only one who own it on the clan.

That’s 1 out of 1000 people, so that gives you a good look on how stupidly rare Wolf Sledge part is.

Edited by DrivaMain

if you see or hear me on this, all the assassination crews have terrible drops and rewards, Stalker/Zanuka/G3/Wolf

it would just be nice for them to all recieve some care, adjusting their diffulty to scale with conclave rating [gear rating] and squad

and their loot tables to offer a bit of a guarranteed 100% 1 blueprint per fight, and 1 mod, with chances at Ayatan stars maybe

Zanuka could use an upgrade, when it spawns, it spawns 1 zanuka per player, 4 players 4 zanuka, 1 player ,1 zanuka

along with it getting an icnrease to its stats

maybe new mods and rewards could be added to their drops as well 

but honestly

Shy says it best

Insert random person saying: You should have had a Chroma with Radiation + Cold Rubico with a meta Riven, a Rhino buffing that Chroma. A Kavat to strip the first layer of armor, a Oberon with Smite infusion build to increase that Radiation damage. <- This entire first part was a joke.

But in all seriousness, i agree. The Wolf is not fun, he is not hard, he is not dangerous. All he currently is would be a big giant meatbag that waste our time, with a small chance to appear and terrible drop of the item we "want". 

There are so many better ways they could have done him. Here is one quick idea.

He spawns pack members at 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% Health. Until they are killed and "absorbed" He is immune to all damage, status effects and Warframe Abilitys. But when they have all been absorbed he is not immune to Warframe Abilitys or Status effects. Every time he summons his pack he refreshes his armor and shield. 

Would that be perfect, perhaps not. But at least it is better than what he currently is. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Insert random person saying: You should have had a Chroma with Radiation + Cold Rubico with a meta Riven, a Rhino buffing that Chroma. A Kavat to strip the first layer of armor, a Oberon with Smite infusion build to increase that Radiation damage. <- This entire first part was a joke.

But in all seriousness, i agree. The Wolf is not fun, he is not hard, he is not dangerous. All he currently is would be a big giant meatbag that waste our time, with a small chance to appear and terrible drop of the item we "want". 

There are so many better ways they could have done him. Here is one quick idea.

He spawns pack members at 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% Health. Until they are killed and "absorbed" He is immune to all damage, status effects and Warframe Abilitys. But when they have all been absorbed he is not immune to Warframe Abilitys or Status effects. Every time he summons his pack he refreshes his armor and shield. 

Would that be perfect, perhaps not. But at least it is better than what he currently is. 

my issue is that, play against him solo from a new player perspective, you can do nothing against him

unless you have a perfect team, killing him is more of a chore, and his 3 invincible peons dont help, lucky i used my 4 as khora to lock them away during the fight

most times he has popped up, i didnt even bother wasting time to fight him, one time took 30 minutes solo, leveling gear

its just why the heck man, i like the challenge of a hard fight, but hes mostly just Division 2 bullet sponge status

Even being a long term player with the right kind of weapon can fail you, i ran into him on Lua during a nightmare mission and my Arca Plasmor with 12K rad damage barely scratched him before running out of ammo while his pack kept nuking my HP, until one time i got unlucky and died wasting a chance to fight him, the fact he has a chance to give nothing of value is just insult to injury, he needs to drop wolf creds or standing if he doesn't drop a hammer piece,

If he didn't drop garbage players would be more willing to take on a Raid boss.

People fight Eidolons which are just as tanky, but they drop things that are actually useful, the Wolf's most useful non-sledge mod is Target Acquired, and sometimes he drops nothing at all.

Really bad design from the bottom up with this guy, something tells me DE is gonna have to make a temporary assassination node with him as the only target at a fixed level just so more than 1% of the playerbase can have a chance at getting something worthwhile out of him.

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Really bad design from the bottom up with this guy, something tells me DE is gonna have to make a temporary assassination node with him as the only target at a fixed level just so more than 1% of the playerbase can have a chance at getting something worthwhile out of him.

I would need this. I have only seen him twice since nightwave begun and I am the sort who spams missions to do all of Nightwave (100% challenge completion after week 1).

I haven't even got a single non common mod XD.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Until they are killed and "absorbed" He is immune to all damage, status effects and Warframe Abilitys. But when they have all been absorbed he is not immune to Warframe Abilitys or Status effects. 

Sounds too similar to Lech Krill (a boring boss, at least for me): the moment he becomes vulnerable to warframe abilites and status he'll go down in less than 15 seconds.

It took me until week 5 I think to finally see him and Ive seen him about 4 times total now (he seems to have completely vanished again since) Got 1 part drop and then all just shocking touch, which you really don't need or want dropping from a time limited boss. It's very disheartening.

I don't even care that hes a sponge tbh, I don't have too much trouble with him except the first time as I wasnt prepared, but his drops are just a slap. WHY are there soooo many common mods in his table, it's rude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

If he didn't drop garbage players would be more willing to take on a Raid boss.

People fight Eidolons which are just as tanky, but they drop things that are actually useful, the Wolf's most useful non-sledge mod is Target Acquired, and sometimes he drops nothing at all.

just finished a stupid fight with him again, lv52 one, took us about 25 minutes, 4 players

all we got was molten impact 

-_- raid boss or not, the other suggestion is right, he should drop 5-10 wolf creds each fight at least

4 hours ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

if you see or hear me on this, all the assassination crews have terrible drops and rewards, Stalker/Zanuka/G3/Wolf

it would just be nice for them to all recieve some care, adjusting their diffulty to scale with conclave rating [gear rating] and squad

and their loot tables to offer a bit of a guarranteed 100% 1 blueprint per fight, and 1 mod, with chances at Ayatan stars maybe

Zanuka could use an upgrade, when it spawns, it spawns 1 zanuka per player, 4 players 4 zanuka, 1 player ,1 zanuka

along with it getting an icnrease to its stats

maybe new mods and rewards could be added to their drops as well 

but honestly

Shy says it best

Here you go, Less than 30 sec to kill, and you never die

https://youtu.be/W7gwRfOlIOk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Here you go, Less than 30 sec to kill, and you never die

https://youtu.be/W7gwRfOlIOk

....and?   You're playing a tanky frame.   Not everybody mains Inaros packing meta gear and Wolf doesn't always appear under ideal circumstances. Our mileages will vary.  Wolf isn't a battle you can prepare for and expecting players to main Inaros 100% of the time is silly.

Try fighting him solo with a Loki while he's lvl 85 in a Kuva flood while constantly having to keep a Rescue hostage alive.
The only reason I always beat him is because I have top tier advanced gear, operator abilities and arcanes.  I shudder to think what novice players have to put up with lacking all that.

My easiest fight was 40 secs, my longest fight was 15 minutes. It all comes down to what frame I'm using, what mission type I'm in, enemy level, if there are distractions that split my attention, what weapons I have on me and if they're properly modded against him.

There are too many factors to simply brush off Wolf as "too easy" or "too hard".

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MystMan said:

....and?   You're playing a tanky frame.   Not everybody mains Inaros packing meta gear and Wolf doesn't always appear under ideal circumstances. Our mileages will vary.  Wolf isn't a battle you can prepare for and expecting players to main Inaros 100% of the time is silly.

Try fighting him solo with a Loki while he's lvl 85 in a Kuva flood while constantly having to keep a Rescue hostage alive.
The only reason I always beat him is because I have top tier advanced gear, operator abilities and arcanes.  I shudder to think what novice players have to put up with lacking all that.

My easiest fight was 40 secs, my longest fight was 15 minutes. It all comes down to what frame I'm using, what mission type I'm in, enemy level, if there are distractions that split my attention, what weapons I have on me and if they're properly modded against him.

There are too many factors to simply brush off Wolf as "too easy" or "too hard".

U can play inaros in every type of mission except (MAYBE) spy, so 90% of the times i am ready for him. and i always equip my catchmoon

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

U can play inaros in every type of mission except (MAYBE) spy, so 90% of the times i am ready for him. and i always equip my catchmoon

again... and?   You're under the misinterpretation that because he shows up under ideal circumstances for you, it is like that for everybody else.  If he shows up in a (mobile) defense or rescue mission, he will instead attack the target you are supposed to protect. It becomes a lot more hectic and easier to fail a mission. 

I fought him once in a mobile defense, his attention was all on the console instead of me. I killed him with the console having only 1000 health left. One more hammer strike would've destroyed it. Another time was a rescue hostage I had to keep reviving every minute in operator mode since everybody kept attacking it.  And there was the time he showed up in a Kuva flood survival; in that mission type after 5 minutes the extraction becomes available and no more life support towers will spawn anymore. I was on the clock against an omega tanky lvl85 Wolf as my health was depleting once air ran out, I had to drop health restores constantly to stay alive while avoiding Wolf and Corpus nullifiers. SOMEHOW I survived that and beat him solo. If he shows up in missions where you don't have to worry about anything else, then of course he will be easier to deal with.

And once more, people will be playing other frames.  This game is called Warframe, not "Inaros: the game".  And in your video his level is only lv39.  That's fairly timid. I also kill him in a minute at those levels. Try fighting him at lvl 60-80.  The tanking is real at those levels. You have seen the video in that other thread you replied in, he is an insane bullet sponge there at level 68.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MystMan said:

again... and?   You're under the misinterpretation that because he shows up under ideal circumstances for you, it is like that for everybody else.  If he shows up in a (mobile) defense or rescue mission, he will instead attack the target you are supposed to protect. It becomes a lot more hectic and easier to fail a mission. 

I fought him once in a mobile defense, his attention was all on the console instead of me. I killed him with the console having only 1000 health left. One more hammer strike would've destroyed it. Another time was a rescue hostage I had to keep reviving every minute in operator mode since everybody kept attacking it.  And there was the time he showed up in a Kuva flood survival; in that mission type after 5 minutes the extraction becomes available and no more life support towers will spawn anymore. I was on the clock against an omega tanky lvl85 Wolf as my health was depleting once air ran out, I had to drop health restores constantly to stay alive while avoiding Wolf and Corpus nullifiers. SOMEHOW I survived that and beat him solo. If he shows up in missions where you don't have to worry about anything else, then of course he will be easier to deal with.

And once more, people will be playing other frames.  This game is called Warframe, not "Inaros: the game".  And in your video his level is only lv39.  That's fairly timid. I also kill him in a minute at those levels. Try fighting him at lvl 60-80.  The tanking is real at those levels. You have seen the video in that other thread you replied in, he is an insane bullet sponge there at level 68.

you can play any frame you like, and give unlimited of scenarios.

Bottom line, fighting the wolf is a walk in the park (that's the opinion of all my friends whom i play with, they are also in my clan)

EDIT: i fought him after 1 hour on mot. so the levels were by far over 80

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

My tombfinger with 4 formas and a riven felt Below average but I was able to kill him in a fair amount of time if he’s not in nightmare. if your weapon  doesn’t have high crit or base damage the fight just takes too long for my taste.

Edited by (PS4)BloodyXSavageX

If one of the devs, manages to watch this video, untill the very end:
You're a champion. :heart:

Those who get to do so, AND make everyone see the light;
You are a God. :heart:

We, humble Tenno, are at your mercy.

Spoiler

Edit*

Of today's stream, where I wanted to display, what nightmare this hunt presents to be

Video starts off with some plains fun, but eventually goes into the topic at hand:
Me, grinding our friend, for the rest of the day.
And the sheer ammount of 'fun and cheer', it brings to these days.

Yes; still at it to this very day...
So forgive me if I sound... jaded.

You'll understand, when being openly exposed to the same, day after day.

Edited by Guest
Edit