Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

Just now, Aldain said:

You either hardfarm him or he shows up while you're not carrying around a kit that is designed to specifically take him down and he wastes 15+ minutes in a mission that may have taken three tops (barring endless), for useless mods that everyone has gotten at least 500 copies of.

His fight design is awful, his drops are awful, the limited ways to deal with him in a practical timeframe are awful and RNG on top of it makes it even more awful.

Yea, good point, but you can still manage as long as you bring at least 1 good maxed weapon to every mission I guess. And a tanky frame. Maybe.

Just now, Cephalycion said:

Yea, good point, but you can still manage as long as you bring at least 1 good maxed weapon to every mission I guess. And a tanky frame. Maybe.

You're forgetting the fact that this boss can jump players who just started the game, like a stalker but 100 times harder to kill.

Something this durable should NEVER have been an invading boss, it would be like going to Fortuna to do bounties and having the Profit-taker invade in a level 1-10 bounty.

Feels like he only shows when the squad is weaker. Like when I’m leveling up a warframe or weapons, or when the other members are low MR.. Maybe it is a coincidence that all 20 times I’ve fought the wolf that they during those specific moments every time. And 10 times he spawned during extraction. So I tend to wait 5 minutes before extracting. He seems to show after 3 minutes. And every time he showed during extraction was after 3 minutes but before 5. Every single time. 

Oh and I only got 2 heads and a motor. 😤😤😤

does he actually exist though?

The wolf is like bigfoot as far as I'm concerned. Sure, some people have taken pictures of him, but every time I go rambling through the woods all I see are trees. I'm sure there's something we're missing, but I can't work out what it is. He just doesn't show up, and I'm beginning to disbelieve that he's even in the game right now.

I maxed out in Nightwave at the start of this week and I've fought the wolf once. In that one fight, I was blessed with his motor. I was fortunate enough to buy the other 3 parts but this method of acquisition is just wrong.

At this point I just want him scanned for my codex as the first time I didn't bring Helios and I was too obsessed with killing him to take my scanner out. How many does he even need 3?! Not to mention I'm not sure if what Alad V did to his face counts as a separate entity.

The sad trend as someone pointed out is that he'll frequently show for the players that can't even kill him while those that can have barely seen him once. If his spawn isn't guaranteed then his awful drop rates will get you. Very disappointing.

• Like 1

I usually play about 10 hours a day, I've seen him 6 times since nightwave began, and I've been actively searching for him.  His spawn rate is such a piss take there's no way in hell it can be this low.  I'm considering giving up on the game if I can't earn the Wolf Sledge.  Some may think it's a petty reason to, but I'm not putting this many hours into a game to be given the finger, I refuse to do it again in future.  So DE increase the god damn spawn rate...... I haven't seen him in 2 weeks (Approx 140+ hours game time)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

I maxed out in Nightwave at the start of this week and I've fought the wolf once. In that one fight, I was blessed with his motor. I was fortunate enough to buy the other 3 parts but this method of acquisition is just wrong.

At this point I just want him scanned for my codex as the first time I didn't bring Helios and I was too obsessed with killing him to take my scanner out. How many does he even need 3?! Not to mention I'm not sure if what Alad V did to his face counts as a separate entity.

The sad trend as someone pointed out is that he'll frequently show for the players that can't even kill him while those that can have barely seen him once. If his spawn isn't guaranteed then his awful drop rates will get you. Very disappointing.

Ayup. I've seen him...6 times? Maybe 7. Always while leveling new gear.

Out of that, I've received 3 wolf sledge heads. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

11 hours ago, Cephalycion said:

Why do you even have to actively hardfarm the wolf?

Just play the game like you usually do, he has a chance to spawn regardless of whether you are trying to farm him or not.

You either hardfarm....or you never see him at all.

I've played hours every single day.
I have yet to get even one spawn out of him.

As far as I'm concerned?  He doesn't exist.
I've never fought him.
I've never had a chance to get his weapon.
I've never had a chance to get his new cosmetic locked behind him.

There desperately needs to be a way to actually farm him for players who have yet to see him even once though he has been in game for 7 weeks already.

• Like 2

Now, there was a little something of miscommunication.
While there was the mention in Update 24.7.0 + 24.7.0.1, of assassins no longer appearing at extraction.

Assassin type enemies (Wolf of Saturn Six, Stalker, Syndicate, etc) no longer choose to appear as you’re extracting

It didn't quite specify,
That once an objective is complete, no assassins will spawn at all.
Not taking the players' distance from extraction, into account.

Which resulted, in me waiting for that 5 minute mark, with an allready completed (capture) objective.
So, we're basically twiddling with our thumbs for nothing at that point.

Now, with this newfound knowledge, I wait with capturing my target.
And suddenly, you start seeing a huge difference (or I was just extremely lucky).

In a short ammount of time (several hours still, but an improvement nontheless), I have encountered the wolf 4 times.
Feeling extremely positive about those numbers.

However... (Yes, still however..., sorry 😕 )

Of those 4 encounters.
3 where rewarded with an [Eleventh Storm] mod
And 1 [Shocking Touch]

Which remains a big party crasher.
One, which ruins the entire experience still.
Those mods serving as filler.
Still a slap in the face, honestly.

Now, I keep seeing people bring up stalker, or other assassins, very often in this conversation.
But you can't compare them.

Stalker is, and will allways be there.
Plus, you can get as many marks as there are assassination targets.
(In fact, he showed up the exact next mission, after completing today's sortie - Alad V)
That's how common, and easy he is, to run into (same for the others - farming 30 Zanuka pigments was less painful than this).

Wolf, does not have these traits.
He is here, temporarily. (For as far as we know, no info is given)
So it's action time, or missing out.

And as mentioned before, I could arguably trade a duplicate blade, for the handle. (The kind of trade, I truly support, and believe in)
But this far in..., (got pushed too far) I just have to find out more.
The feedback these encounters provide, can be detrimental.
For improved, future nightwaves.
In hopes, something beneficial will come out, for our entire community.

Also, I still remember my early days.
I can imagine how tough it must be for new players.
And once I finally have what I seek, can I start testing in this field (with weakly modded weapons).

I shall allways keep caring, for my brothers and sisters.
My earlier promise, still remains as well.
Should I finally be able, to complete my very own sledge at last.

If you'll excuse me now.
I must install an eleventh storm, into my eleventh storm... :clem:
But seriously...

The boss is supposed to be rare of course but it was stated that it would increase in appearance likelihood over time. Now we have a couple of weeks of Nightwave gone and I had only five encounters in total.

• Is the appearance likelihood bugged? Does it not increase properly?
  • Are there special occassions in which the Wolf spawns easier?

I have absolutely no issue in fighting the boss but I really would love it you could somehow "farm" him.

I can guarantee that I captured a lot of his Saturn Six Fugitive cronies, but only had him spawn once or twice during the entirety of this Nightwave season.

I honestly and wholeheartedly believe the guy is afraid of me wrecking him. 

There needs to be a multiplier or algorithm in play for him to spawn based on how many Saturn Six Fugitives you’ve captured. He literally is based on luck, on a worldstate hardcap spawn rate.

Dear De i was doing a fissure defense mission and guess who decide to show up? yes the wolf and The Three Little pigs he was level 64 we were and wave 5 to finish open the relic and guess what? we manage to kill all the enemies but mission didn't end until we kill big boss and The Three Little pigs we tried hard to kill him i was using weak weapons because i was leveling them after 20 0r 30 minutes we manage to kill him just for him to drop a regular mod that i have 100 of them if we didn't kill him the other option was to abort the mission and lost the 5 waves we fought so hard can you please fix this problem thanks.

Edited by (XB1)GamerForever26
  • Like 3

vor 17 Minuten schrieb (XB1)GamerForever26:

and lost the 5 waves we fought so hard

Well, if you were leveling weapons, you weren't fighting hard...

It's really your own fault, if you don't take a single powerful weapon with you to save time by leeching off of other peoples kills.

So you basically got what you deserved.

3 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

It's really your own fault, if you don't take a single powerful weapon with you to save time by leeching off of other peoples kills.

How is it his fault that the wolf dropped something useless?  If it took so long to kill him, then nobody had strong weapons, so I don't see how he was leeching if he was just as well equipped as everyone else.

4 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Honestly its not just in void fissures, He's basically reduced how many items you can level up at 1 time since a rank 8 vectis does 300 damage to him at lvl 53. Again, Not a fun encounter, Unlike stalker who you can kill in operator mode.

9 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

well for a level 30 mission yes i was fighting hard i did my kills i wasn't depending on other peoples if that's what you trying to say. 

12 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Calling someone leech while ignoring the fact that you can kill trash enemies with such weapons without any problem is really good thing to see.

also ignoring the fact that there was another players, and even then it had to waste 30 minuites.

Wolf is definitely too tanky to be an assasin but it doesn't matter for me since i can't find him.

• Like 1