Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

DE you can just remove Rivens if you're going to waste people time and money, OR you can lets us KEEP the stats until we traded it and the stats will go down to the Nerf dispositions stat that you change other wise this is not fair to Nerf people hard work and dedication. If you let use keep the stats until trade than I wouldn't care for these changes,i think we should keep the stats on our rivens until we sell them out the inventory.  

Changed existing rivens people paid money for just means people like myself won't buy them and won't buy plat.

I have no issue with changing future rolls and disposition as per last time.

Changing existing rivens, such as rubico which is one of the most expensive in the game, is a horrible choice.

I personally would have bought equinox today, but I will not now and I hope many others feel the same.

This is a terrible decision on your parts and I hope you reverse it soon 

I suspect there is an error in the system. Snipers are some of the least used weapons in the game. There are countless primaries that are used quite more heavily in game. Unless my personal experience is a statistical anomaly, players I come across rarely use a sniper rifle for a primary, EXCEPT within bounds of Eidolon hunting. Do sniper riven dispositions get determined under a different metric? Like trading value among community. Something smells funny.

2 minutes ago, AkirahZ said:

DE you can just remove Rivens if you're going to waste people time and money, OR you can lets us KEEP the stats until we traded it and the stats go down to the Nerf dispositions stat that you change other wise this is not fair to Nerf people hard work and dedication. If you let use keep the stats until trade than I wouldn't care for these changes,i think we should keep the stats on our rivens until we sell them out the inventory.  

^^^^^

5 minutes ago, Shadedraxe said:

I mean, you’re not wrong. I don’t even touch the opticor for hunts anymore since the riven (and chroma) nerf.

Are there really enough eidolon hunters around outweighing the number of non eidolon hunters to make the dispositions keep dropping for all snipers? I mean, even vulkar took a hit.

Exactly ! The point of rivens is to make "unpopular weapons more usable" .  But snipers are already unpopular for "normal" gameplay. This will do nothing for how snipers are used. The numbers will remain exactly the same, and they will nerf them again, until there is no point running a riven on the Rubico or Lanka, and still they will not be dropped. And then we will just have worthless rivens and not a single change in how they are used. 

When was the last time you saw anything outside the Chroma/Rhino-Trin-Volt-Harrow all carrying a Vectis/Rubico/Lanka meta for a 3x3/4x3/5x3 ?  Even without rivens these weapons still will excel at this task! So how will the usage numbers be affected? DE needs to look at their logic here 

4 minutes ago, Orhott said:

Look at it this way; the devs spent a lot of time designing and creating weapons, only for maybe 25% of them to be used regularly. The riven system is to encourage players to pick up more of the vast arsenal they created. Strong weapons are usually overused. Besides, after a certain point, the massive damage output from some of those weapons is underutilized. What would be the point of having a god-tier weapon? It takes away the challenge, and then what's the point of playing?

Maybe make better weapons, then? And I'm not trying to be mean here, they can make better weapons. They do great designs with competitive statting all the time. And it doesn't take much, just look at the Tiberon Prime or the Baza. They get used decently and their gimmicks are fairly subtle.

The vast majority of weapons that you see almost never used tend to be weapons that have fatal flaws in their design, flat out awful stats or are just patently *boring* to such a degree that even power creep wont save them. This is why I'm worried about the Stradavar Prime, I don't know if it's going to be able to compete with a three mode select fire weapon, even if its stats are good. This is why a lot of us were asking for them to add some kind of special gimmick to it, even if it's something subtle.

Dang. I was sort of hoping the lanka nerf last time being less than the maximum meant it might be safe now, but I guess people still farm eidolons. Probably another three months until it starts being hard to tell if mine is still worth equipping, I guess.

Making rivens lock in their stats when they're rolled is a terrible idea. It incentivizes an absolutely insane amount of grinding and hoarding and creates an even more exclusive two-tiered system than rivens already are. It'd be Primed Chamber all over again.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

Most of the nerfs make sense, but the Stradavar? No one uses that .. unless it was a preemptive nerf due to the Prime version coming out?

that is most likely why I was expecting it to have it's disp reset on relace of the Prime

1 minute ago, ThatMixedOtaku said:

Exactly ! The point of rivens is to make "unpopular weapons more usable" .  But snipers are already unpopular for "normal" gameplay. This will do nothing for how snipers are used. The numbers will remain exactly the same, and they will nerf them again, until there is no point running a riven on the Rubico or Lanka, and still they will not be dropped. And then we will just have worthless rivens and not a single change in how they are used. 

When was the last time you saw anything outside the Chroma/Rhino-Trin-Volt-Harrow all carrying a Vectis/Rubico/Lanka meta for a 3x3/4x3/5x3 ?  Even without rivens these weapons still will excel at this task! So how will the usage numbers be affected? DE needs to look at their logic here 

It just makes the frame builds and break timing more demanding since you will have to maintain the Harrow buff for a 1-shot.  Meaning more toxicity in recruiting, higher demands, and more stringent meta.  The disposition nerfs just make the problems worse.

vor einer Stunde schrieb TuxedoCatfish:

These are extremely good and well-deserved changes; from a design standpoint, I agree with just about every change made on this list (although I still have conceptual issues with rivens being used as a balancing mechanic period, but that's a much bigger kettle of fish.)

On the other hand: goddamn you guys basically nerfed every single gun  I actually use on a regular basis.

Ikr, they don't want us to use weapons we like

10 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

Ah, the "blame the players because they used the flawed mechanic the devs gave them" mentality. 

Without /s, this is exactly my sentiment when I laugh at "elites" have their most meta gun's riven nerfed and somehow they have the audacity to cry in this thread like their most beloved meta gun should be protected from the fundamental and basic intended change.

15 minutes ago, Orhott said:

Look at it this way; the devs spent a lot of time designing and creating weapons, only for maybe 25% of them to be used regularly. The riven system is to encourage players to pick up more of the vast arsenal they created. Strong weapons are usually overused. Besides, after a certain point, the massive damage output from some of those weapons is underutilized. What would be the point of having a god-tier weapon? It takes away the challenge, and then what's the point of playing?

If that's the case, the best thing to do is to just buff the weak weapons' dispositions up, not nerfing what people love to the ground. People spend a lot of efforts and platinum to acquire these Rivens. All existing stats should be kept. 

3 minutes ago, mmaure said:

Ikr, they don't want us to use weapons we like

I would use those weapons even if I didn't own rivens for them, because they're really really good. The Ignis, in particular, is so good at clearing sub-sortie / endless survival content that I have a hard time justifying using anything else.

Are the changes not live yet after the hotfix and Equinox prime deployment patch?

I am not seeing any changes on my rivens across the board.

Compared previous versions that I archived screencaps of with current stats

went live in a second hotfix

1 minute ago, XaoGarrent said:

Maybe make better weapons, then? And I'm not trying to be mean here, they can make better weapons. They do great designs with competitive statting all the time. And it doesn't take much, just look at the Tiberon Prime or the Baza. They get used decently and their gimmicks are fairly subtle.

The vast majority of weapons that you see almost never used tend to be weapons that have fatal flaws in their design, flat out awful stats or are just patently *boring* to such a degree that even power creep wont save them. This is why I'm worried about the Stradavar Prime, I don't know if it's going to be able to compete with a three mode select fire weapon, even if its stats are good. This is why a lot of us were asking for them to add some kind of special gimmick to it, even if it's something subtle.

I can agree with you there. I do enjoy seeing the gimmicks to newer weapons, and they become so much more interesting than a normal weapon, but I think that's been a more recent thing. It doesn't do too much to help the older weapons that were made to act like a normal gun, and that's where the rivens come in to intervene. The Strun has no gimmicks, and it isn't special. I dropped it a long time ago. I got a riven for it, which severely upgraded it, and now I use it regularly. 

1 hour ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

Yay more balance! Alot of people dont seem to understand what riven disposition is for.

My broken weapon got his disposition nerfed so I can't use a broken riven on it?!?!

And to people crying 0,2 (which is the max in this list) is not a big hit, my catchmoon riven is still really strong, so you are probably not going to have you riven killed

Archived