Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

1 minute ago, toafarmer said:

Nerf useful rivens, buff useless rivens, call it rebalance. No one will notice. 

But my question is: do existant rivens keel their numbers? Or are they "balanced" according to the new disposition?

Existing rivens do not keep their numbers. As soon as the patch actually goes live, the values on their stats will change.

1 minute ago, Orhott said:

Look at it this way; the devs spent a lot of time designing and creating weapons, only for maybe 25% of them to be used regularly. The riven system is to encourage players to pick up more of the vast arsenal they created. Strong weapons are usually overused. Besides, after a certain point, the massive damage output from some of those weapons is underutilized. What would be the point of having a god-tier weapon? It takes away the challenge, and then what's the point of playing?

DE design weapons with riven mind for it, lots of builds for wep like CC ignis viable because of riven, it has not enough CC with point strike, but also you need combination of couple stats  so you can replace something and argon scope occupies a slot just for CC on headshot for 9s while aiming. 

Almost all new weapons has stats not high enough to use w/o riven.

Rivens should give you options, you should build around riven stats, your build could be different, but in reality people just looking for cc/cd/sc/dmg/ms/range/as because most of the time only these stats makes difference.

Less disposition = less viable options.

Also some weapons have highest disposition and even groll cant fix it.

How about kuva refunds or economy rework? Hell no (c) DE

18 minutes ago, (XB1)PeglegNY said:

Changed existing rivens people paid money for just means people like myself won't buy them and won't buy plat.

I have no issue with changing future rolls and disposition as per last time.

Changing existing rivens, such as rubico which is one of the most expensive in the game, is a horrible choice.

I personally would have bought equinox today, but I will not now and I hope many others feel the same.

This is a terrible decision on your parts and I hope you reverse it soon 

it's absolutely terrible to degrade players' existing Riven inventory. Players work hard and long to get/buy/roll them.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Numerikuu:

Oh boo hoo, it's still gonna be strong regardless. Just means you 'may' have to spend a mere 3 seconds more taking a second shot instead of one-shotting limbs 😂

so why change it then?

18 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

Ah, the "blame the players because they used the flawed mechanic the devs gave them" mentality. 

I mean it is DE’s fault for leaving disposition alone for so long but it’s not like these changes came out of nowhere. DE stated the intentions for Rivens upon their release, and have always been adamant that disposition is subject to change. 

3 minutes ago, Orhott said:

I can agree with you there. I do enjoy seeing the gimmicks to newer weapons, and they become so much more interesting than a normal weapon, but I think that's been a more recent thing. It doesn't do too much to help the older weapons that were made to act like a normal gun, and that's where the rivens come in to intervene. The Strun has no gimmicks, and it isn't special. I dropped it a long time ago. I got a riven for it, which severely upgraded it, and now I use it regularly. 

The vanilla Strun is a low MR weapon, and the Strun Wraith has basically what amounts to a cult following (as it should, if you can get past its sluggishness it hits like a truck). It should also be noted that the devs treat shotgun rivens as a protected class due to the 100% status mechanic, and the Strun Wraith is the poster boy for 100% status builds.

Notice the Detron isn't on the secondaries list?

2 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

it's absolutely terrible to degrade players' existing Riven inventory. Players work hard and long to get/buy/roll them.

But it's something that happened in every riven disposition change, and we know they can change it from a moment to another, your fault if you waste thousands of plat for rivens you don't actually need

6 minutes ago, toafarmer said:

Nerf useful rivens, buff useless rivens, call it rebalance. No one will notice. 

But my question is: do existant rivens keel their numbers? Or are they "balanced" according to the new disposition?

@toafarmer PLAY OTHER WEAPONS  just cause ur fav weapon got nerf doesnt mean other weapons are useless

Good, keep up the good work!

This felt like an actual proper first rebalance (compared to a somewhat weak previous changes)

These nerfs hit a huge chunk of my precious riven stockpile, including all kitgins, Rubico, Amprex, Supra, Ignis, some had several well rolled rivens each and many many more. Nearly all of my most used weapons were nerfed by this riven balance pass. Some I've spent hours griding Kuva for to re roll; one or two purchased for a lot of plat.

Good. This shot to the system was needed. Don't back down and keep at at. It was painful but it's ripping off the bandaid. The more you do it the less painful and more expected it will be.

1 minute ago, OmegaZero said:

I mean it is DE’s fault for leaving disposition alone for so long but it’s not like these changes came out of nowhere. DE stated the intentions for Rivens upon their release, and have always been adamant that disposition is subject to change. 

It's not the dispositions that are the problem, it's that the entire premise of the system is bad. The system they use to "balance" rivens effectively regulates the actual motive to use Rivens out of existence. Because even the best disposition isn't going to fix the Kraken, and if a low or mid tier weapon with scaling problems actually gets boosted to relevance by it, the increased usage of that weapon will result in a riven nerf that will in turn cause the weapon to fall out of favor again.

Even if they balance on weapon power instead, this will still happen, because their perception of the weapon's power will be inflated since you still have to factor in riven usage for a fully objective analysis of weapon power.

This will of course have the side effect over long periods of time of creating a constant state of fluctuation in regards to rivens for weapons that sit in the middle of the pack. Does anyone REALLY want to deal with that kind thing?

Seriously people. This isn't hard.

1 hour ago, (XB1)DefiIading said:

This fixes nothing 

if you have a problem with the guns adjust the guns stop punishing players for rolling rivens Jesus 

any weapon I have a riven for still kills any garbage content you guys make. All that’s been done is you’re ruining the gun for the artificial endgame we have to create which is endurance runs. 

all you’ve done is even less people will farm kuva because there’s no point. 

now I’m just gonna sell everything and move to a new game. You’ve basically spit in the face of the community that stood by you guys 

Okay, so what you're saying is instead of having a super powerful riven on a super powerful gun, we take the super powerful gun, nuke the crap out of it, and then move on?

Rivens were always intended to change. If you nuke the weapon itself and not the mod, then that mod is still gonna be damaged in the process, and it'll kill the ability to use said weapon without a god-roll riven. Changing riven strengths is how it was intended to be, and the only way to go about it properly.

So all the weapons I use got dispo nerfed. So why am I buying rivens if they're going to be trash in the future? I personally don't think dispositions help balance these weapons. 300% of 10 is only +30, but 300%of 20 is +60. The way rivens work now, they make MR 5 weapons about the same as a stock MR14 weapon, and MR 14 that used to feel like MR 30, now feel like MR 16. But what do I know, I only play the game.

Archived