Jump to content
[DE]Connor

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

Recommended Posts

Just now, redkunaz said:

why the hell did my supra get nerfed.

 

i paid 1500p for that riven. thank you DE for killing the only riven i used.

 

I loved that wep this just makes me not want to support the game with my hard earned money any more.

I feel the same bro. But the hardest is when your hard rolled Lanka riven get nerfed. I paid with time for it.

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah nice ... Nerf every fun weap in the game .. why dont you guys 

 

Why even bother logging in right?  Eh

Edited by WraithPheonix
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Naked_Excalibur said:

[DE]Connor, no nerf will decrease the brightness of Arca Plasmor and Catchmoon. NEVER!!!!:cool:

Burn enemy eyes!!

And you teammate's too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people in here do not understand the purpose of rivens, or simply just are selfish characters that just want the best of the best without caring about the possibility of future changes. Some of the more idiotic suggestions I read was an adjustment to base stats... to compensate for rivens that have a 0.001 and less chance of rolling, not even counting getting the thing. I cannot imagine the shear level of idiocy some people have to think that nerfing a weapon for 99% of people is a good idea because like a 100 people have perfect rivens. Do they not understand how disposition works? You buy into a riven knowing that a good riven is likely going to get nerfed, and trash ones buffed. Its a speculative market based on what people think, and prices can rise and crash overnight. All of it reeks of a standard stock market case scenario where one day you are rich, another your investments tank. Wise players buy non meta and wait for them to see their day if they have potential, and people who just want top of the line are happy because their stuff still the best, just less so. If this changes, they are buying the next best thing anyway.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ripieee said:

In my opinion.....this is heartbreaking for me. I hate when 1 of my hardly earned/rolled riven is nerfed. I think the buff of the weaker (not weak, you know what i mean) rivens should be better choice, becuse if somebody have a good riven for example for Lanka, he/she dont will be angry. But now im very very very veryveryvery ANGRY.! I will sell all of my rivens and never want to meet 1 again. Its not worth to work for it. It will be nerfed.....i hate this way. The DE will earn with this, that people dont want to use rivens, becuse the primed and casual mods give better stats (like hirudo that gives +40% cc and the base mod gives 60%cc). This is the wrong way. Not balance.

 

I know man. rivens were a mistake.  we worked hard for them, and now they are just garbage.  why even use a wep that is now dispo 0.50? or use a riven at all, and spend money and time on it. when its gonna become garbage tier next time a prime releases?

prime releases used to make people happy and hyped. now it just makes people frustrated and sad man.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Great, so I finally got a riven for Arca Plasmor last week, rolled it 20+ times, got a semi decent one, and now after the hotfix i would be better off just using Vigilante Armaments. This one and a couple more rivens i rolled just last week for close to 200k kuva in total are now degraded from good to junk (or mediocre at best). Great ballance, pissing off players. Bravo. (Not including the rivens i paid plat for). 

How is this ballance? Why not let the players keep the riven stats until the next trade or reroll and release a better gun? Quality over quantity. They puked out tonnes of unusable junk and instead of buffing it, they punish us for using just a few usable ones. Thanks a lot for wasting my time. 

Edited by RagnaRockr
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Disappointed by the lack of thought that went into some of these changes. Passing over some other controversial changes (of which there were plenty) a nerf for the lato, panthera,and angstrum? Really? Not that I'm saying you should nerf it again (you shouldn't) but Pandero is still a thing, and I'm pretty sure its a better candidate than any of these...

Don't get me wrong, some of these changes were great, but if you're nerfing something, I'd like it to damn well need it.

Edited by Valkyr-Umbra
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to poke my head out here. How is one shotting everything with some ridiculously overpowered weapon fun? 

Also has anyone who is complaining actually tested their weapon since the riven changes? I’d genuinely be interested if the difference is significant or has simply provided some balance by requiring better aiming / more shots on target. 

Although I do get that some may be miffed having sunk thousands into a mod that has had it’s valued lowered. Although rivens were always going to fluctuate for balance so to spend thousands and rely on the riven wasn’t the best long term planning. 

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok really. REALLY!! Are the same weapons just going to be nerfed over and over until they are no longer used???? I understand the need for balance but honestly dont keep picking on the the same weapons for crying out loud. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

023c2dc5fa58404a207aad615681f5fb.png

This was it, only slightly less crit chance(41,8% with Blunderbuss) and more damage, just like rivens were intended to be, right?

bb052dd0a636c4e7416935ff6eb1e6a6.jpg

Now look at this nonsense. 3% crit chance gone and the damage suffers even more AND IT HAS A NEGATIVE TOO. Do you honestly want me to spend another hundreds of thousands of Kuva just to get the same stats again that MIGHT be better? No, screw that. 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

A lot of people in here do not understand the purpose of rivens, or simply just are selfish characters that just want the best of the best without caring about the possibility of future changes. Some of the more idiotic suggestions I read was an adjustment to base stats... to compensate for rivens that have a 0.001 and less chance of rolling, not even counting getting the thing. I cannot imagine the shear level of idiocy some people have to think that nerfing a weapon for 99% of people is a good idea because like a 100 people have perfect rivens. Do they not understand how disposition works? You buy into a riven knowing that a good riven is likely going to get nerfed, and trash ones buffed. Its a speculative market based on what people think, and prices can rise and crash overnight. All of it reeks of a standard stock market case scenario where one day you are rich, another your investments tank. Wise players buy non meta and wait for them to see their day if they have potential, and people who just want top of the line are happy because their stuff still the best, just less so. If this changes, they are buying the next best thing anyway.

aint even that. having a riven be dispo 3-4-5 is ok. but dispo 1 and maybe 2 is just worthless. why even use the riven?

they should just remove dispo 1 and 5  , and let the rivens that are op sit at dispo 2 or 3. because making them op or worthless is not A GOOD IDEA.

  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Liinkpro said:

-Snip-

Rework what bad weapons? And what BS?

You mean stuff like the grinlok that can 1shot 100+ corrupted heavy gunners with a right build and riven?

Or the snipetron vandal that can be rivened for gas so it can AOE kill dozens of targets?

Or the harpak that deal a stupid amount of damage if a riven rolled right? 

Please, the problem is that noobs chase after the next meta weapon and don't understand why it is even good. Your amprex will still turn people into popcorn in the most lazy way possible, a riven losing 10% multishot not gonna change that. Besides, you already knew about the riven system, but you brought into it anyway because you want the most OP stuff. Congrats, your gun still the strongest, just it kills 0.2 seconds slower now boohoo. 

  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand these changes, but they still hurt. Especially because I transmutted my marelok and Hikou rivens, damn it.

I suffered from the Corinth, Tiberon, Ignis,Akjagara and Tombfinger nerfs but I understand them. They are really good weapons.

On the other hand, my Cernos, Daikyu, Scourge,Sybaris, Torid, Twin Rogga and Zakti rivens got a nice buff.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, redkunaz said:

aint even that. having a riven be dispo 3-4-5 is ok. but dispo 1 and maybe 2 is just worthless. why even use the riven?

they should just remove dispo 1 and 5  , and let the rivens that are op sit at dispo 2 or 3. because making them op or worthless is not A GOOD IDEA.

I mean in a perfect world disposition wouldn't exist, all rivens would have stats equal to 1.0 disposition, and DE wouldn't attempt to balance the game by using mods with random affixes, because -- and I say this as lovingly as I can -- that's a really bad and half-baked idea.

However, seeing as they've committed to it, frequent updates with a mix of human and automatic elements determining the changes is the best they can do in the corner they've backed themselves into.

Edited by TuxedoCatfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

Rework what bad weapons? And what BS?

You mean stuff like the grinlok that can 1shot 100+ corrupted heavy gunners with a right build and riven?

Or the snipetron vandal that can be rivened for gas so it can AOE kill dozens of targets?

Or the harpak that deal a stupid amount of damage if a riven rolled right? 

Please, the problem is that noobs chase after the next meta weapon and don't understand why it is even good. Your amprex will still turn people into popcorn in the most lazy way possible, a riven losing 10% multishot not gonna change that. Besides, you already knew about the riven system, but you brought into it anyway because you want the most OP stuff. Congrats, your gun still the strongest, just it kills 0.2 seconds slower now boohoo. 

Just wait until they nerf,over and over again,until it gets 0.5 dispo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Karu-QW said:

023c2dc5fa58404a207aad615681f5fb.png

This was it, only slightly less crit chance(41,8% with Blunderbuss) and more damage, just like rivens were intended to be, right?

bb052dd0a636c4e7416935ff6eb1e6a6.jpg

Now look at this nonsense. 3% crit chance gone and the damage suffers even more AND IT HAS A NEGATIVE TOO. Do you honestly want me to spend another hundreds of thousands of Kuva just to get the same stats again that MIGHT be better? No, screw that. 

why even use a riven anymore. any thing that is dispo 1 is garbage. 

 

idk why dispo 1 even exists or dispo 5.  

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redkunaz said:

aint even that. having a riven be dispo 3-4-5 is ok. but dispo 1 and maybe 2 is just worthless. why even use the riven?

they should just remove dispo 1 and 5  , and let the rivens that are op sit at dispo 2 or 3. because making them op or worthless is not A GOOD IDEA.

Riven 1.5 weapons are not even OP, unless a prisma variant comes out and power creeps them into a crazy level, like the gram and snipers with the rework. While I agree that 0.5 disposition is to low as it effectively ruins the rivens for the weapon, the game should not get to a point where everything should deal 1.5 Million damage per hit, which will happen if no nerfs happen. It is sad, but other than buffing low end riven dispo to .75 minimum, I don't see what else can be done.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gerade eben schrieb redkunaz:

why even use a riven anymore. any thing that is dispo 1 is garbage. 

 

idk why dispo 1 even exists or dispo 5.  

Yup, crit chance is way too low and the damage got also nerfed.. like what? I could forma it 2 times again for blunderbuss and Chilling Grasp and it would be a million times better vs Grineer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TuxedoCatfish said:

I mean in a perfect world disposition wouldn't exist, all rivens would have stats equal to 1.0 disposition, and DE wouldn't attempt to balance the game by using mods with random affixes, because -- and I say this as lovingly as I can -- that's a really bad and half-baked idea.

why even balance weapons with rivens. just look at the wep 

 

is it barely used? ok lets increase a bit the crit or dmg, or status chance by 5%  or 10% and lets see if the weapon is more used . if not balance a bit more

 

why the hell is riven even a thing? it should be a straight upgrade for your wep. why a dispo 1 . it's NOT EVEN USEFULL

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

Riven 1.5 weapons are not even OP, unless a prisma variant comes out and power creeps them into a crazy level, like the gram and snipers with the rework. While I agree that 0.5 disposition is to low as it effectively ruins the rivens for the weapon, the game should not get to a point where everything should deal 1.5 Million damage per hit, which will happen if no nerfs happen. It is sad, but other than buffing low end riven dispo to .75 minimum, I don't see what else can be done.

maybe buff and nerf weapons and not depend on rivens so much.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Liinkpro said:

Just wait until they nerf,over and over again,until it gets 0.5 dispo

Why would they nerf the ok weapons?

Outside of status shotguns, they don't beat everything good into the ground, just the most flagrant stuff.

No opticor nerf, surprise, surprise.

Phantasma got untouched, despite being very strong. 

Zarr was good, and got buffed. Zhuge was good, even stronger.

Attica can be insane, no touches done. 

Nothing to zenith

Penta got buff, even though it is NUTS with the new augment, and I could go on

Learn the game instead of listening to people telling you what to use.

 

  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 2 horas, Knight_Prospekt dijo:

Lanka: 0.95->0.85
Rubico: 0.95->0.8
Vectis: 0.92->0.85
Vulkar: 1.45->1.4

Because you want us to hunt Eidolons with rocks, right?

Snipetron Vandal FTW !

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redkunaz said:

maybe buff and nerf weapons and not depend on rivens so much.

So they should nerf weapons based on what rolls 0.001 percent of the times, and they should buff weapons that otherwise are solid for their MR? The only way to increase variation to a healthy degree without standardizing every stat is randomization. The only issue is the randomization system just makes winners and losers.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These guys calling "nerfs" here and there. Do you even understand how disposition works? Disposition is based on usage, if the weapon is already great like Akjagara Prime and therefore used by a lot of the community of course the riven will eventually get a low disposition like the Tigris. Yes, there are underused weapons with great stats and yes there are underused trash weapons with high disposition that received a good prime like Tiberon, but they will also get their rivens nerfed, that's how it works. 

More importantly, you should be aware of these changes when buying a riven. Also, why people even BOTHER to buy disp 1 rivens like Arca Plasmor? They are most likely to receive a nerf to the point of being really hard to get a good riven.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...