[DE]Connor

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

RIP my only kinda good rubiko riven, you did well sweet child but it's time to sleep.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

A lot of people in here do not understand the purpose of rivens, or simply just are selfish characters that just want the best of the best without caring about the possibility of future changes. Some of the more idiotic suggestions I read was an adjustment to base stats... to compensate for rivens that have a 0.001 and less chance of rolling, not even counting getting the thing. I cannot imagine the shear level of idiocy some people have to think that nerfing a weapon for 99% of people is a good idea because like a 100 people have perfect rivens. Do they not understand how disposition works? You buy into a riven knowing that a good riven is likely going to get nerfed, and trash ones buffed. Its a speculative market based on what people think, and prices can rise and crash overnight. All of it reeks of a standard stock market case scenario where one day you are rich, another your investments tank. Wise players buy non meta and wait for them to see their day if they have potential, and people who just want top of the line are happy because their stuff still the best, just less so. If this changes, they are buying the next best thing anyway.

I am guessing that it was meant for me, in which case you didn't get my point, if not then i am sorry, but if it was, then let me say it again. Kitguns are on a whole new level compared to most of the other secondary weapons in my opinion, and rivens+arcanes just made them even stronger. So if you nerf their riven disposition they'll be more in line with other weapons, but that doesn't change the fact that kitguns don't need rivens to be stronger than most of our weaker weapons even with a riven. So was the nerf justified? Yes, but it doesn't solve the problem. Kitguns are "brand new" and extremely powerfull so it's pretty obvious that they are popular as mostly everyone will want to have a go with them, and no i don't spend thousand of plat on rivens i farm my fair share of kuva and then roll it. And obviously when 150+ hours of work gets practicly thrown out of the window for no reason what so ever is in fact quiet aggitating.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

there was something you seemed to miss that i was talking about and you weren't - math and what Weapons are purpose designed to need.

i don't care about trash Shotguns like Plasmor, i'm plenty aware that Prisma Grinlok is relatively powerful (though still is the succ flexibility wise without Primed Shred because without it you might as well use a Sniper Rifle), i don't care about popularity since it only determines what either takes little effort to Kill Solar Map Enemies or someone on Youtube/Twitch said people gotta have it so everybody went and got it because they don't understand the game and just follow what they're told to do.
and there are plenty of Weapons that get their Riven Multilpiers changed on a regular basis that are purpose designed to require a Riven to breakpoint something important about them. whether such a Weapon can deal decent Damage either way is very far from the point. most of the point that you didn't digest was Weapons that force Players to use Rivens in the first place for the Weapons to work the way they're supposed to.

if you're gonna ping me you better be ready to talk facts, have more to say than just talking about popularity stemming from Content Creators telling people what to do without much factual basis..... you better be ready.

You did not make a single point other than you don't really care about what I said. 

Weapons not hitting 100% crit chance before rivens was a limit on them. Rivens are not really even considered into the math calculations. There is a reason why grinlok only got 6% crit chance, because it mathed out to over 90. Rivens making strong weapon better by removing their limiter is not a good argument... for anything other than getting their rivens nerfed.

Both my Pyrana riven and Tiberon riven lost about 40% damage like DAMN DE jesus XD

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

OUCH -- did you guys really need to Nerf every sniper?  T_T''  *cries in corner*  

• Upvote 2

Just now, .Command said:

OUCH -- did you guys really need to Nerf every sniper?  T_T''  *cries in corner*  

You could always use the Snipetron. 😤

• Haha 1

Just now, TheLolHunter said:

I am guessing that it was meant for me, in which case you didn't get my point, if not then i am sorry, but if it was, then let me say it again. Kitguns are on a whole new level compared to most of the other secondary weapons in my opinion, and rivens+arcanes just made them even stronger. So if you nerf their riven disposition they'll be more in line with other weapons, but that doesn't change the fact that kitguns don't need rivens to be stronger than most of our weaker weapons even with a riven. So was the nerf justified? Yes, but it doesn't solve the problem. Kitguns are "brand new" and extremely powerfull so it's pretty obvious that they are popular as mostly everyone will want to have a go with them, and no i don't spend thousand of plat on rivens i farm my fair share of kuva and then roll it. And obviously when 150+ hours of work gets practicly thrown out of the window for no reason what so ever is in fact quiet aggitating.

How can it be agitating when you knew it was going to happen? It like getting mad when this game will eventually get shutdown when you know that the servers won't be around for a century. It happens, and something you gotta take in mind. The only problem you really talking about is power creep, and yeah, kitguns are insane power creep. Secondaries need a rework a la primary weapons, and what melee is currently getting. I won't be surprised if that is the next change.

Posted (edited)

the supra nerf was overkill.

-0.15% is a little more than just a "tic".

I dont even see it being used much in pub matches.

Edited by ADDpillz
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Helleborr said:

I hope at least the riven mafia gets to enjoy all the plat they "profiteered" by reselling rivens for weapons that are now nerfed.

And they will now buy back for extra cheap, until the crying stops and people realize they are still good, and then they sell back at a higher price. Literally galaxy brain moves.

• Applause 1

Amprex, Ignis, Panthera (say WHAT?!), Rubico, Supra (say WHAT?! (again)), Sicarus - are You high or what? Why such a radical nerf? Better nerf brainless melee-SPINNERS =\ 😡

• Applause 1

Hey maybe before you nerf riven dispositions for weapons required for Tridolon hunt, could you maybe make other weapons that would be nearly as effective as lanka and rubico prime? K thanks bye 😛

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

Weapons not hitting 100% crit chance before rivens was a limit on them. Rivens are not really even considered into the math calculations. There is a reason why grinlok only got 6% crit chance, because it mathed out to over 90. Rivens making strong weapon better by removing their limiter is not a good argument... for anything other than getting their rivens nerfed.

the limits are whatever the limits are.
Prisma Grinlok fixed a long standing issue of that vanilla Grinlok needed a Crit Chance Riven or it was total garbage because it shoots slow and a lot of your Shots would just be total duds.
just like... Sniper Rifles. all of them except for Lanka require you to have a Crit Chance Riven for general Gameplay, because otherwise a lot of your Shots are just duds.

same deal goes for some Status Weapons - Weapons that have a theme and NEED a statistical part of that theme to function well, and can't do that natively... forces Players to use Rivens to fix that if they want to use that Weapon.
this can be applied to almost every type of Statistic across Weapons. there are Weapons that are unable to do the role they were even assigned, without a Riven to fix it.

which i already explained out pretty heavily, but it went over your head and here you are trying to bicker about some Twitch/Youtube sheep movements.

Edited by taiiat
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

How can it be agitating when you knew it was going to happen? It like getting mad when this game will eventually get shutdown when you know that the servers won't be around for a century. It happens, and something you gotta take in mind. The only problem you really talking about is power creep, and yeah, kitguns are insane power creep. Secondaries need a rework a la primary weapons, and what melee is currently getting. I won't be surprised if that is the next change.

As i said before i have never in my life seen anybody and i mean literally anybody use the Lato/vandal/prime and yes this nerf for the lato is queit negligable, but it feels like the lato family has no users but keeps getting nerfed slowly.

58 minutes ago, Paukuttaja said:

Think about all the players who never even had rivens for top META weapons, nor probably the weapons at all, and they still had fun. Take a chill pill, try some new weapons if your meta guns are now 100% absolutely trash-tier, or take a break from the game.

To be fair, just like DE said: Rivens aren't mandatory and you can play without them - this is true, but since they happen to come into one's hands... well, they cry to be used.

Anyway, while I'm not a Rivenholic or Riven mobster, and saw it [further changes] coming after DE's very first rebalance, I can see the reason why do so many people react they way they... well... react. It mostly comes down to time / money to buy :platinum:/ :platinum: to get / buy a Riven for desired weapon as well as time and amount of Kuva to get desired / somewhat good stats.

Here's a pic with most of my rivens:

mGuUYTH.jpg

Although most of the are for underrated and unpopular weapons, I don't even want to think about how much time and Kuva I wasted to get desired or somewhat good stats. Thankfully, the changes aren't catastrophic no matter how some other people overreact, however, it does leave a bad taste in one's mouth due to these existing major problems:

• Inconsistency from DE's side on Rivens update. First they said they will be regularly updating it. About a year later they finally came around and said every 3 months (I think?), but there's no guarantee that after 6-to-9 months it won;t be forgotten again;
  • DE's stubbornness on increasing amount of Kuva you gain / making Kuva scale up in Kuva Survival;
  • RNG behind Rivens giving you the reality of rolling one mod over 255 times and not getting any good combination.

It's sad that some of my used weapons were nerfed in the disposition dept., but their changes won't really have a big effect on me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Akula_Rose said:

Hey maybe before you nerf riven dispositions for weapons required for Tridolon hunt, could you maybe make other weapons that would be nearly as effective as lanka and rubico prime? K thanks bye 😛

Just use chorma dude. He still will 1bop the eidolons if you want that so bad.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

You did not make a single point other than you don't really care about what I said. 

I believe they're referring to weapons like Twin Kohmak or Kohm which cannot get 100% status without a Riven or Euphona Prime which cannot effectively use both fire methods without a Riven. You could even go far as to say weapons like Mara Detron or Twin Rogga which can hit 100% status are incredibly more effective if you can simply do it with Corrosive + Heat instead of Corrosive + Blast thanks to a Riven.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the limits are whatever the limits are.
Prisma Grinlok fixed a long standing issue of that vanilla Grinlok needed a Crit Chance Riven or it was total garbage because it shoots slow and a lot of your Shots would just be total duds.
just like... Sniper Rifles. all of them except for Lanka require you to have a Crit Chance Riven for general Gameplay, because otherwise a lot of your Shots are just duds.

same deal goes for some Status Weapons - Weapons that have a theme and NEED a statistical part of that theme to function well, and can't do that natively... forces Players to use Rivens to fix that if they want to use that Weapon.
this can be applied to almost every type of Statistic across Weapons. there are Weapons that are unable to do the role they were even assigned, without a Riven to fix it.

which i already explained out pretty heavily, but it went over your head and here you are trying to bicker about some Twitch/Youtube sheep movements.

Yeah I know about the dudshot issue, which was the limits. You don't understand the difference between balance and overpowered. Snipers are good without a crit chance riven, but because idiotically strong with one. Like plz dude please take the arrogance somewhere else.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Akula_Rose said:

I'm not going to lie, I lust for a world where Eidolon hunting mostly involves bows.

Just now, Xzorn said:

I believe they're referring to weapons like Twin Kohmak or Kohm which cannot get 100% status without a Riven or Euphona Prime which cannot effectively use both fire methods without a Riven. You could even go far as to say weapons like Mara Detron or Twin Rogga which can hit 100% status are incredibly more effective if you can simply do it with Corrosive + Heat instead of Corrosive + Blast thanks to a Riven.

I agree, and DE aren't changing status rivens so I am not really understanding his point. Shotguns and mara detron was mentioned to be safe as the difference was cataclysmic in the way they performed with status chance.

Excuse me what the heck?  Why are you nerfing mods that can be and are bought with platinum, a lot of times very high value, or are grinded to be sold for plat, while they are in our inventory?  It would make sense if the nerfs would be applied for future rivens or future roles, but going into my inventory and nerfing unique mods that I own is incredibly terrible.  What's excessively terrible is my Ignis riven is now worse than lots of regular mods (+58.1% Heat, +53% Multishot for 18 capacity...).

You need to revert these changes for things that are already owned and only apply nerfs on newly obtained or rolled rivens. 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MiasmaGrowlmon said:

Excuse me what the heck?  Why are you nerfing mods that can be and are bought with platinum, a lot of times very high value, or are grinded to be sold for plat, while they are in our inventory?  It would make sense if the nerfs would be applied for future rivens or future roles, but going into my inventory and nerfing unique mods that I own is incredibly terrible.  What's excessively terrible is my Ignis riven is now worse than lots of regular mods (+58.1% Heat, +53% Multishot for 18 capacity...).

You need to revert these changes for things that are already owned and only apply nerfs on newly obtained or rolled rivens. 

Why? It is common knowledge these nerfs are routine at this point. The onset is on you to keep track of these changes... and that ignis sucked before the change. 

• Applause 1

So will weapons like Kohm have the same dispo for the rest of the future dispo updates? 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Lex: 1->1.05

.. but Lex was 0.5 only, can u make at least 1.0?

Edited by goodwyn3

1 minute ago, Schmerdvana said:

So will weapons like Kohm have the same dispo for the rest of the future dispo updates? 

Yes. A reduction to the riven will destroy the gun. It needs its high status chance. That the only change I will be annoyed if they do.

• Haha 2

Can anyone explain to me the conversion between the riven disposition 1-5 as seen in the game VS the number system DE uses in the forums to show disposition changes using decimals?