[DE]Connor

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

Why nerf the Supra?!?!?! I barely see it in pubs, that's the one change that annoys me the most.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, InfestedMonkey said:

Can anyone explain to me the conversion between the riven disposition 1-5 as seen in the game VS the number system DE uses in the forums to show disposition changes using decimals?

ooooo - 1.5

oooo - 1.25

ooo - 1

oo - 0.75

o - 0.5

Just now, FollowTheFaceless said:

ooooo - 1.5

oooo - 1.25

ooo - 1

oo - 0.75

o - 0.5

Can you be more specific? like the Soma went from .6 to .75, what is the math behind this to reflect the stat changes in the rivens?

2 minutes ago, Pancoar said:

Why nerf the Supra?!?!?! I barely see it in pubs, that's the one change that annoys me the most.

They nerfed panthera too.

But hey i do pay attention, i have seen its popularity rise. That said its still not as common as supra vandal 🤣

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, InfestedMonkey said:

Can you be more specific? like the Soma went from .6 to .75, what is the math behind this to reflect the stat changes in the rivens?

It's a percentage: 1 = 100% which is base riven stats. 

So your Soma before "buff" gets only 60% of base stats, now 75%.

Edited by FollowTheFaceless
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, InfestedMonkey said:

Like a 7.5% increase in stats. Consider it like this. 1.0 means rivens are normal strength. 0.5 is 50% less strong. 1.5 is 50% stronger. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

It's a percentage: 1 = 100% which is blank stats. 

Sorry for the replies, im not trying to sound rude, but can you explain to me in a formula format? the Wiki says nothing about the more specific numbers it only uses the "1-5".
I understand better if i see the actually math behind it.

Edited by InfestedMonkey
typo

Just now, InfestedMonkey said:

Sorry for the replies, im not trying to sound rude, but can you explain to me in a formula format? the Wiki says nothing about the more specific numbers it only uses the "1-5".
I understand better if i see the actually match behind it.

I edited previous comment. 

3 hours ago, Cicasajt said:

nerf good weapon dispos until they are garbage so we would not want to play anymore

Well rivens were never meant for good weapons anyway

Posted (edited)

Huge nerfs to what people like, and minute buffs to what they don't. It doesn't take a psychic to foresee where that'll lead to.

If we're not interested in the weakest, ugliest, most awkward weapons's despite their rivens' 200-300% bonuses, 5% is unlikely to change our mind. In contrast, litterally halving our most beloved rivens stats over just 2 updates will surely leave quite a sour aftertaste and make more and more people hesitant about investing into rivens altogether.

I'm not sure what DE is really trying to achieve here... maybe they realized rivens are a bad idea in the long run, but can't just remove them at once so they're slowly kill it instead?

Edited by Robolaser
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

Imagine wasting hours on kuva missions to only get useless rolls out of your riven, actually managing to get a good one after spending 200k kuva only for the next week to see that it's been nerfed to useless again.

But hey, the penta and the ogris got raised by .05, now i can fly even higher in the sky when i kill myself accidentally with Cautious Shot™

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Is the Kohm is a perpetual special case that goes against the rules that apply to any other weapon? Of what use are the guidelines then anyway if you'll just have arbitrary special exceptions. It isn't the only status based weapon and you're enabling ever skyrocketing prices for it. By this logic you may as well extend the same argument for crit weapons that function better when you break 100/200% crit chance for consistency, same for 100% multishot etc.

Kohm is a perfect example of how faulty the disposition system is if you'll adjust it by hand; it is seldom used as it isn't competitive without a riven which leads to a low usage for most (majority), but the low usage leads to an extremely high disposition which means only people with rivens (minority) will bother using it. It is a vicious cycle that guarantees kohm the #1 place in raw dps. I'd really hope this isn't all about maintaining the ridiculous kohm riven bubble you're afraid to pop, but everything seems to point to it.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

So any Riven you find that is good and useable, you should immediately sell? Is that the lesson we shoud take away from this?

Because I have HAD a really good catchmoon riven. Not anymore.

It is all so... pointless? You farm for hundreds of Kuva to reroll the riven for the weapon you think will benefit from it the most, and as soon as you have, you are informed "whoops you had a riven that made a weapon strong? Must be a mistake. Please have a nerf for that"

Looking forward to Melee 3.0 riven nerf-gasms for ANY weapon that is considered "playable". Also looking forward to not having a balanced system for the next year, because we already KNOW that any gun that is red now will be red in the next update. That is not balancing, that is just slowly squeezing the live out of every Riven that isnt buffing a junk-tier weapon. Cool. Lotsa fun to be had there. Not like you get a swift kick in the butt every 3 months because you dared to play a gun that is actually playable from the start. How DARE we get emotionally attached to equipment in a shoot and loot game...

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Robolaser said:

Huge nerf to what people like and minute buffs to what they don't. It doesn't take a psychic to foresee where that'll lead to.

If we're not interested in the weakest/ugliest/most boring weapons's rivens despite their 200-300% bonuses, 5% is unlikely to change our mind. In contrast, litterally halving our most beloved rivens stats over just 2 updates will surely leave quite a sour aftertaste and make more and more people hesitant about investing into rivens altogether.

I'm not sure what DE is really trying to achieve here... maybe they realized rivens are a bad idea in the long run, but can't just remove them at once so they're slowly kill it instead?

The hyperboly is a little annoying. The lack of interest is because of how people play games, boring. They want the best of the best 10/10 stuff and then boost that to meta tier. It not because people like the weapon, but because it is the best weapon. These nerfs are not going to make these weapon usage rates go down significantly because they are still king at what they do, but will give other weapons room to shine through.

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Kitguns were a new introduction since our last wave of disposition changes. Even after accounting for increased popularity due to newness, their usage stats dwarfed most other weapons by a massive degree. Most Kitguns received disposition decreases, but not all were hit as hard as they could have been, because we factored in our personal interpretation of Kitgun strength instead of relying solely on usage stats.

yes, Tombfinger and Catchmoon are really strong and, although i liked them being op, i have to admit their nerfes are justified. the rattleguts nerv, on the other hand, wasn't necessary imho.

on the soma: the buff was overdue, i had a riven just sitting in my inventory because i couldn't roll it so strong that i'd replace any mod in my build for it.that's not a good condition for a riven, especially for a weapon that has so many close concurents as the soma.

Edited by greenti44
  • Applause 1

Why do we need nerfs and balance in a non competetive game? This game is supposed to be pure fun, you take some of the fun away by nerfing our favorite weapons

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Rifz57000 said:

Imagine wasting hours on kuva missions to only get useless rolls out of your riven, actually managing to get a good one after spending 200k kuva only for the next week to see that it's been nerfed to useless again.

But hey, the penta and the ogris got raised by .05, now i can fly even higher in the sky when i kill myself accidentally with Cautious Shot™

Penta with napalm actually stupid strong. Maybe test thing instead of just following the meta? Also LMAO at being nerfed to useless again. I rolled a toxin, status chance, and dmg vulkar with neg impact 3 days ago. It got nerfed, still a beast.... atm

1 minute ago, Robolaser said:

Huge nerf to what people like and minute buffs to what they don't. It doesn't take a psychic to foresee where that'll lead to.

If we're not interested in the weakest/ugliest/most boring weapons's rivens despite their 200-300% bonuses, 5% is unlikely to change our mind. In contrast, litterally halving our most beloved rivens stats over just 2 updates will surely leave quite a sour aftertaste and make more and more people hesitant about investing into rivens altogether.

DE is just separating playerbase with this riven nonsense: one half is us - who wasted time and afford (or just traded for it with thousands of plat) and now suffering and another half - jealous gloaters who don't have them in the first place and now happy to see us suffer. Nice move DE.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

There was 0 reason for stradavar to have such a nerfed disposition. It sucked then, and the prime sucks now, there's at least 8 better rifles than stradavar prime atm and they also have better rivens. 

• Upvote 5

Some of these riven changes are just unnecessary I can understand some of them like the plasmor and the tiberon but buffing the lex and nerffing the aklex there stats are practically the same nerffing one over the other because one gets used more in this case is silly. And further more people put in precious time and money into farming kuva and paying plat for these rivens I feel like you guys have taken one step forward and two steps back with this. And I know everything in game is subject to change but like I said some of these riven changes are just unnecessary.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The Cycron riven disposition did not update. My Cycron riven is identical to how it was before and unchanged.

Perhaps because in the November 2018 riven changes it also listed the Cycron as 1.0 -> 1.1?

Edited by TeknoKit
New information
  • Like 1

I haven't checked the actual weapon balance. Here I'm looking at the patch notes for rivens, but almost everyone is complaining about weapon nerfs?