Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

7 minutes ago, DimosZargarda said:

Why do we need nerfs and balance in a non competetive game? This game is supposed to be pure fun, you take some of the fun away by nerfing our favorite weapons

Content has to be designed for a relatively consistent level of power for best results. It gets unsatisfying if it's too hard or too easy, although people get frustrated more quickly with "too hard." That's why it's generally better to buff than nerf (that plus there's less whining), but still, if there are a tiny handful of weapons that make everything else obsolete and you'd be a fool not to use them, that's both boring and it's easier to nerf those handful of weapons than to bring everything else up to their level.

3 hours ago, Generally_Zod said:

Ouch, the Panthera was hit a second time in a row? Is it really used that often it needs a lower disposition?

Doesn't make sense since it still suffers using an old continuous damage so barely keeps up with the rest. 😞  

Also, if you go into a mission with an Ignis or Tiberon Prime or whatever and I go in with a Daikyu, I'm going to accomplish basically nothing while you top the damage charts, which isn't good a) because it means I don't get the satisfaction of contributing and b) it means people have to choose between using what they like and using what's effective, which sucks.

Obviously in a game with this many weapons perfect balance is very unlikely, but the principle itself is why yes, balance is still important even in a co-op game.

Zitat

Sorry DE, but nerfing like this just doesnt feel right in a game like this.

This isnt a competetive Game and people invested REAL Time and REAL Money into these Rivens.

You have an entire ecosystem revolving around them!

People shouldnt be punished for using mechanics YOU implemented, while putting so much effort into maximizing a build.

Its funny how we have like 10 status types, but only 3 of them are commonly used. Just because Grineer/Eidolons are the only targets worth adjusting your build to.

If more weapons with unique effects had better stats(and some just straight up better usability) and also more room for usage (by adjusting armor types), we wouldnt need to rely on the same stuff over and over again.

10 minutes ago, TuxedoCatfish said:

Content has to be designed for a relatively consistent level of power for best results.

Best results? Results of what? Hurting playerbase? They just can't make gameplay enjoyable even a bit (like DMC series which they take in compare when making melee rework). It boring and flat in the first place and no balance can fix that (while disbalance can).

@[DE]Connor

These changes make the game no longer fun.  I understand it's important to keep a game updated' / current' but you take the weapons in the game most players are using (because they're good) and nerf them.  These stat changes may seem minimal, but it seems like an annoying unnecessary change since this is just currently a trend in game play and if it's not then why not take the user data and make better weapons?

WHY not increase riven mod slot capacity instead? The transmute function is great but requires 4 of the same to make a new veiled riven.  If you're at an 88 riven mod capacity already you will need to junk out some to achieve this.  What I am saying is you can't successfully achieve a proper transmute with the current capacity.  88 rivens....  yeah There are way more than 88 weapons in the game and like to keep the ones I have.  I currently had to remove 3 today because the annoying message notifying me I am over capacity KEEPS POPPING UP! <- Its annoying because it 'offers' me to increase my capacity but is not possible.  Why not correct this flaw in the game?

YOU CAN MAKE MONEY by increasing riven mod capacity. (slot cost plat / plat buying = profit for DE)

4 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:
  • Although still relatively popular among players for their ninja stylings, most bows have fallen behind the power curve for primaries (unless they’re automatic, or explode with a 6 meter radius). Throwing star weapons could use help for similar reasons, when compared to other secondaries. Therefore, buffs across the board!

Except Fusilai of course. Thats the only riven I have for a throwing star weapon AND the only throwing star weapon worth even CONSIDERING to play. You surely CAN play every other projectile based silent secondary, but you'll get better results with a hitscan pistol and a silencer mod. Pretty much every time. So yeah, whats the point? Fusilai at least had some THEORETICAL potential. The only reason to run Hikou Prime is for self damage on Chroma...

il y a 7 minutes, (NSW)TeddyTalks a dit :

These nerfs are not going to make these weapon usage rates go down significantly because they are still king at what they do, but will give other weapons room to shine through

If the "best weapons" usage won't decrease significantly despite the nerfs, i don't see how "other weapons" usage could improve significantly as a result. Unless maybe you think that nullifying months of their efforts and investment will entice people to spend more time in the game overall?

Convectrix, tysis, synapse, stug and the others will keep gathering dust, the only thing that these updates will do is make people more angry and distrustful.

Lol i don't use Riven mods much (if at all)

but some (most) of these changes are nonsensical its like you picked random weapons regardless if powerful / weak / often used / barely used and decided to put completely random disposition numbers.

Its like you didn't put any thought into those changes.

I wonder - is the system behind this, counting, based on the ingame profiling of weapon usage - which is only set "on power" if the weapon itself reaches the max level of 30, or is it also counting down in between?

Because that's magically indifferent.

3 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

If the "best weapons" usage won't decrease significantly despite the nerfs, i don't see how "other weapons" usage could improve significantly as a result. Unless maybe you think that nullifying months of their efforts and investment will entice people to spend more time in the game overall?

Convectrix, tysis, synapse, stug and the others will keep gathering dust, the only thing that these updates will do is make people more angry and distrustful.

If you want to list the literal trash,sure. What about the opticor not getting changed? Zhuge buffs despite being strong? Snipetron rivens are very strong but received no changes, and etc. Plenty of weapons in warframe are already mad strong, but no one used due to meta hunting. 

15 minutes ago, Ole_G said:

Amprex, Ignis, Panthera (say WHAT?!), Rubico, Supra (say WHAT?! (again)), Sicarus - are You high or what? Why such a radical nerf? Better nerf brainless melee-SPINNERS =\ 😡

Ye, DE screwed up a lot with Maiming Strike and how it works with Blood Rush. I mean, it could have been just flat +90% crit AFTER everything else or +90% of whatever weapon already have, but no, for some crazy reason it is a flat +90% right before Blood Rush comes into play and to the damage which already got extra 2x multiplier. Of course everyone will exploit the heck out of it. At this point they can "neft" Atterax riven to -1.5 and that still will be a buff. Actually, why not make negative mulripliers for rivens a thing? That can work pretty well. Rubico with -1.5 riven should be amazing... and that's not a joke, BTW.

Ampres and Ignis - pretty much everyone using these. I'm expecting nerfs straight to 0.5 and that won't make anyone switch from them to Burston Prime even when it crawl to 1.5 in the next update. These two don't need a riven to disintegrate entire star chart in a fraction of a second.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)SCHEISER said:

@[DE]Connor

These changes make the game no longer fun.  I understand it's important to keep a game updated' / current' but you take the weapons in the game most players are using (because they're good) and nerf them.  These stat changes may seem minimal, but it seems like an annoying unnecessary change since this is just currently a trend in game play and if it's not then why not take the user data and make better weapons?

WHY not increase riven mod slot capacity instead? The transmute function is great but requires 4 of the same to make a new veiled riven.  If you're at an 88 riven mod capacity already you will need to junk out some to achieve this.  What I am saying is you can't successfully achieve a proper transmute with the current capacity.  88 rivens....  yeah There are way more than 88 weapons in the game and like to keep the ones I have.  I currently had to remove 3 today because the annoying message notifying me I am over capacity KEEPS POPPING UP! <- Its annoying because it 'offers' me to increase my capacity but is not possible.  Why not correct this flaw in the game?

YOU CAN MAKE MONEY by increasing riven mod capacity. (slot cost plat / plat buying = profit for DE)

They nerf the rivens, not the gun. The vast majority of players don't have good rivens for the best gun anyway, so who does this really affect but a vocal minority?

1 minute ago, DimosZargarda said:

Imo give all weapons a 5/5 dispo, that way ppl can chose their favorite weapons and use them whenever they want. Some go for look, some for stats, some for the feel, why make it complicated

No because some weapons are just utterly weak without rivens. Rivens are supposed to make guns more on par with each other, but because of DE's armor scaling... And throwing hordes of them at us... AOE status or AOE crit weapons are mostly used. Therefore, single target weapons should have very very good rivens just to keep up with someone killing 6 enemies in the time your single fire kills 2.

14 hours ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

-Snip-

He's kinda wrong, but how exactly Rubico or Lanka are OP and needed that nerf to their rivens? They are relevan like in... 1 single place in the entire game. Have you every seen anyone using them anywhere outside Eidolons? Well, maybe in the Exploiter fight, but their stats there are irrelevant.

Archived