Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

3 hours ago, Orhott said:

RIvens dispositions are to make less popular, weaker weapons better. Everyone complaining about popular weapons getting nerfed shouldn't be surprised. Try picking up something less mainstream instead of complaining. Rivens have made me enjoy weapons I never normally pick up.

yeah, great... so i should run around with weapons i don't like and/or can't use with enough efficiency to do the job? not really helpfull - ofc, ppl will use those weapons that are already powerfull in most misisons. only in some 'special cases' those less used one will be in a loadout. sure, i also started using some other weapons when i got the riven for it - and if wouldn't have to suffer this damnable 90-riven-max-cap, i actually would multi-forma even those weapons i can't stand, just for fun, but alas...

anyway, i'll run with the loadouts i want, even if DE will make the riven worth used toilet paper - then i can still put them out again and flush them away...

12 minutes ago, MasterControl said:

It does what it's meant to. It smacks hard targets. In turn, it struggles with crowds, by nature of being a sniper rifle. Considering Warframe is a game of huge crowds, the reload, small mag, and fire rate make it poor for the majority of the game's content when compared to other options that don't have these drawbacks.

As an aside, -dmg to infested is considered a popular negative for exactly that reason, Infested have no form of damage mitigation whatsoever outside of ancient auras and the occasional odd armor buff from a swarm moa. Almost anything can kill them relatively easily.

I have no real problems with crowds. With almost no recoil and 40% bonus reload speed on my Rubico Riven, I can generally keep up with them. In the few occasions it doesn't? Well, I have a Warframe.

1 hour ago, KillerMcMilan said:

Gorgon 1,3 -> 1.4 do you people know this is actually one of the best rifles in the game ? (I mean prisma variant) 

Shut up, or they will nerf it lol. Don't be going around and ruining one of my favorite weapons, they have already ruined the others.

Actually, the only issue with rivens is that... they don't work as a balancing measure. At least not with an upper limit to how far they can go. And even that won't really help. Take Stug for example and tell me which multiplier a riven should have to make anyone consider using thig blight in their right mind?

Also, tell me please who are these people that prevent Stug reaching 1.5 by actually using it and locked it at 1.48.

4 minutes ago, MisterHalt said:

I have no real problems with crowds. With almost no recoil and 40% bonus reload speed on my Rubico Riven, I can generally keep up with them. In the few occasions it doesn't? Well, I have a Warframe.

Aye, but the point is that there are better options for them. You can make your rubico servicable for crowds, but unless you're in sortie 3 elemental enhancement or something, you're not going to outperform somebody with say, an amprex, or really any other aoe/chain weapon.

It's not that the weapon is only "good" in one spot, rather, that it specializes in other areas that make it less effective for general gameplay when compared to, again, other options that are more specialized towards the task that makes up the majority of the game.

Why would you assume that for some people speedrunning a 6x3 isn't fun? Believe it or not, there are plenty of people who speedrun for the fun of it. In a game like warframe you sometimes have to make your own challenges, speedrunning is one of the possibilities.

Also, running around with a gun while you know it's a shadow of it's former self isn't fun at all. I know I won't use my beloved Tiberon or Pyrana anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, Pixydis said:

Stop trying to buff inherently bad and boring weapons.

That actually wrong. It would be actually better if they increase everything below 1 to 1 and then keep increasing multipliers for everything else to make someone actually considering using them. Like, imagine 5x riven on a Kraken? Someone may actually seriously consider using it at this point.

1 minute ago, TheNymerian said:

Why would you assume that for some people speedrunning a 6x3 isn't fun? Believe it or not, there are plenty of people who speedrun for the fun of it. In a game like warframe you sometimes have to make your own challenges, speedrunning is one of the possibilities.

Also, running around with a gun while you know it's a shadow of it's former self isn't fun at all. I know I won't use my beloved Tiberon or Pyrana anytime soon.

Same here.

RiP Pyrana

19 minutes ago, B00NAKER said:

So what I am getting from this post is there is no point to rivens because if you have something is even descent it's going to get nerfed. So here is my question to DE whats the point of working to put rivens on my weapons if their all crap? I left warframe for two years over weapons being nerfed ones that I worked hard to make them nice. If DE is going to nerf all the weapons to crap I think they should compensate those who get nerfed in some way. Like we get back all the forma's we used  on those weapons because to me this is like getting slapped in face and its very rude to put something to crap that someone worked hard on.

Also how do you think those who spent plat on those rivens are going to feel? Do you think that after you keep nerfing stuff that people will want to buy plat from you to buy rivens? Maybe you should put that in your business model and see how that goes?

More weapons were buffed than nerfed in this set of changes.

1 hour ago, lainverse said:

Actually, the only issue with rivens is that... they don't work as a balancing measure. At least not with an upper limit to how far they can go. And even that won't really help. Take Stug for example and tell me which multiplier a riven should have to make anyone consider using thig blight in their right mind?

Or the Kraken, Viper/Twin Vipers, whips that are not using Maiming Strike(since they mentioned something about it for Melee 3.0), Seer. One day they will be the only rivens with a five star disposition, and there still won't be anyone using them, lol.

1 minute ago, Tengarnos said:

I use Pyrana in high level without riven. Its still a pretty good weapon.

It's not about it still being a fine weapon, it's knowing that you're running around with something inferior to what you once had which ruins it for me.

15 minutes ago, BardianAngel said:

More weapons were buffed than nerfed in this set of changes.

That's easy to explain. There are a lot of weapons which nobody seriously use. Why? Because there are much better guns even when you don't have a riven for these better guns because they do their job a lot better.

1 hour ago, lainverse said:

That actually wrong. It would be actually better if they increase everything below 1 to 1 and then keep increasing multipliers for everything else to make someone actually considering using them. Like, imagine 5x riven on a Kraken? Someone may actually seriously consider using it at this point.

5x riven on a Kraken?! Not even then my friend, lol.

Gerade eben schrieb TheNymerian:

It's not about it still being a fine weapon, it's knowing that you're running around with something inferior to what you once had which ruins it for me.

If you think that a simply reduced non mandatory, rng luck based mod is needed for a weapon I feel sorry for you ^^

59 minutes ago, Tengarnos said:

If you think that a simply reduced non mandatory, rng luck based mod is needed for a weapon I feel sorry for you ^^

While I understand what you are trying to get at, how would a riven not be mandatory to make killing an actual high level enemy more efficiently? The game is based upon killing the enemy in the most efficient way possible.

1 minute ago, Reisbig2009 said:

5x riven on a Kraken?! Not even then my friend, lol.

I know Kraken is a meme already at how bad it is, but someone actually would. I mean there already were one youtube guy which made a gas build with it and it were... okay-ish, I'd say. Still terrible, but he did kill things in sortie with it after pulling everyone together with Nidus. With 5x it may actually work like a decent gun. What would make anyone consider using Stug, though...

Archived