Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

Just now, Apav said:

I agree. I mean I sort of get why they're doing it from a balance standpoint, but I think a better solution would be to just buff the under-performing weapons and add truly difficult endgame content that would challenge these strong riven builds. The way they're doing it also partially invalidates your efforts, makes you feel like you've done the much dreaded kuva grind for nothing. In my case I've been rolling Angstrum rivens for weeks to find a 95% magcap riven. Only possible on a 2 positive 1 negative riven, and the max possible is 95.3% so I knew this would take a while. But now that the Angstrum's dispo has been nerfed and is no longer possible... Never in my life would I have assumed the Angstrum would get a dispo nerf. Certainly wouldn't have spent this much effort if I knew. 

I totally agree. Totally disrespects the people who grind for kuva that have put in hours and hours put in to it. Not all of us can afford god rivens, so most of us just grind away then this. In one fell swoop those hours just goes to waste. 

1 hour ago, lainverse said:

Have you ever seen anyone actually playing like this? I can imagine someone doing this in a coordinated squad in some arbitration mission, but I haven't seen anyone doing this ever because most of the time all you need is Ignis Wraith or Saryn with a good stick.

Yes. Gas snipers are good. Look them up

Imagine creating a busted system to improve weapons and make possibly actually fun builds just to nerf it all later without any backlash or repercussion! People spending real money to get something just to have it gone because these so called devs cant balance their own game. there is no meta in weapons. I run phantasma and can clear just about everything the same way  a strun wraith or corinth does. Whatever excuse you have to validate these washed up decisions is up to you. I have seen plenty sheep praising around here to even avoid forums, but I feel this deserves a reply.

Instead of balancing weapons in bad situations, we get this type of "workaround". I for one, invested a lot of kuva on a lot of rivens, just to slowly see that investment fade away. When I say investment, time is an investment too, kuva is a pain in the ass to farm and the devs want to keep it that way. 

Simply putting the riven's disposition faith in the hands of how many use a weapon is the epitome of idiocracy. If a weapon goes unused, you buff it. They killed weapons like zarr and tonkor and probably do a meeting on why these weapons dont get picked.

when I started, I bought some plat, but nowadays, I actually avoid buying stuff in this game at all costs, devs do nothing, rushed "open areas", lore forgotten for over 2 years and even the mediocre content of weapons and sorties get gutted cuz they cant balance a handful of weapons.

I advise people to stop buying plat with the intent of buying rivens and let this S#&$show of a system die. Devs clearly give no S#&$, why should we.

1 hour ago, B00NAKER said:

So what I am getting from this post is there is no point to rivens because if you have something is even descent it's going to get nerfed. 

So many people failed to realize this when they decided to "invest" in rivens, whether in plat or time or even emotions.  To me, rivens are like those fortune cookies you get after eating in asian restaurants, yet people started playing Magic: The Gathering with these cookies and I'm like yo bros wth 😂

I'd be fine with all of these changes, if at any moment we could pull our kuva back out of a riven to spend on a different riven.

As it is, people slave away farming kuva, only for their rivens to be nerfed again and again partially invalidating their efforts.

15 minutes ago, kgptzac said:

So many people failed to realize this when they decided to "invest" in rivens, whether in plat or time or even emotions.  To me, rivens are like those fortune cookies you get after eating in asian restaurants, yet people started playing Magic: The Gathering with these cookies and I'm like yo bros wth 😂

It's because frequent dispo changes are a new concept. Most people are used to a weapons dispo staying the same for a long period of time. I'm sure people realize that this is changing, but have a hard time grasping the reality of its implications. This completely makes both buying rivens and grinding kuva to roll rivens completely useless if everything can and will change, and frequently. 

They understand that they can't touch rivens like the Kohm, but there are many other weapons that require a certain stat to be at or above a certain amount that I'm sure they have and will continue to touch. Plus, even if it is less than a pip, seeing your rivens nerfed even that much has to put at least a little regret in you for that plat spent/time wasted grinding kuva to get it. 

7 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

• Soma is an interesting case study - the Soma Prime is a constant staple across all levels of play, ever since we gave the weapon as part of Twitch Prime in 2017. With an MR restriction of 7, it’s intended to be one of the first Primes a new player will acquire. This overall prevalence initially resulted in a low disposition, but our internal rankings will help bring it to a more respectable baseline in the future.

The Soma/Prime needs a buff to bring it inline with the Other LMGs full stop not just a riven tweak.

15 minutes ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

Yes. Gas snipers are good. Look them up

I haven't told they are bad and I know for a fact that such build can deal a lot of damage. But I never ever seen anyone actually using them because there are only a few situations when you may need such build and they all are way out of star chart.

you should not be able to nerf rivens ppl already spent absurd amounts of money on. You should only be able to nerf the new rolls going forward. Its insane, i FINALLY just got a good amprex riven after 55 rolls and now the stats i was kinda satisfied with are bad, i spent plat on the riven and like 60k kuva on the rolls, can i get those back. I neever would have inveested knowing this would happen. This is insane. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)alexadusei said:

Whats the point of slowing down Eidolon runs? To just make them more of a tedious slog like Exploiter eventually turns into after the 30th time fighting it? It takes time, effort, team work and experience to know how to kill Eidolons quickly, should players really be punished for getting better and stronger?

It's not about punishing.  It's about design a piece of content while having a scale of time/effort vs reward ratio, and devs will change this ratio by making the fight to take shorter/longer, and making the reward better/worse.  Obviously, when the devs change to make the fight last longer while leaving rewards untouched, it means they felt you were getting the reward with too much ease.  There is nothing complex about this process, and there is no need to get overly emotional on it.

13 minutes ago, kgptzac said:

Do people really have a problem with devs nerfing stuff after finding out players do certain content too efficiently?  Are people new to online gaming where devs can and will nerf the things you use?  Maybe people should stop and think for a min that the sniper riven nerf may actually because DE wants to slow the speedruns?  I don't really understand the entitlement some of the speedrunners here seem to possess.  They seem to think they are so #*!%ing pro at this game that their favorite content is untouchable by the devs.

"Wrong again, Ordis!"

Except nerfing affects everyone using those specific rivens, not just speed runners. Your post reaks of envy.

Alright everyone, you know what to do: Start speculating. Buy cheap rivens, wait for the buff and then sell expensive. Use weapons that you want to buy cheap, and don't use those who you want to sell expensive while at it.

Come on guys, I want to see veiled rivens be worth 1k Pt at the end of the year, keep pumping those numbers! Let's #*!%ing crash this market gentlemen!

While I dislike using meta weapons, I think a few of the changes are odd or not really justified if the change is based on power level.

1. Snipers are strong. However, they are far weaker than most other assault weapons in contents that don't require DPS race (basically everything outside boss runs). I feel that the nerf to the holy trinity (Rubico, Vectis, Lanka) is no longer warranted after all the previous nerfs (it does if it's still based on popularity).

2. Stradavar Prime is way weaker than Tiberon Prime and it only gets marginally higher riven disposition? I'm not sure what to say.

3. Lato disposition nerf? Why?

11 minutes ago, kuryux said:

When do we get mooooore slots? Yea, we get it, it costs space, so let us pay for that space! Make it like 50plat after 90 spots or something, but let us raise it

I had a plan to collect a riven for every weapon in the game. When I reached 90 rivens the game told me I couldn't buy more slots, what is your thinking DE? You want us to use one of your 300+ crappy weapons at the same time I can't collect rivens for them????!!!!!!

The original point of rivens was to allow weapons that weren't "viable" to compete with "viable" weapons.  As such, weaker weapons would get high disposition while strong weapons would get low disposition.  At least, this was the theory behind it.

The reality is, issues such as inconsitency of MR requirement to performance, the equal disposition of normal weapons and their primed forms, and the initial use of weapon popularity to determine what weapons are "viable" lead to a state of inconsistency where weapons had higher disposition than they should (such as primed forms of unpopular weapons that received major stat boosts like Gram Prime), and that the meta player-base ultimately began to use high disposition weapons more (for example, Nikana Prime pretty much superior to the Dragon Nikana; however, with its high disposition, Dragon Nikana can outpeform it with the right riven) resulted in an issue where, in general, high disposition weapons became the meta while strong weapons with low disposition fell out of flavor.  With a large amount of the community following the meta mindset of popular Youtubers, this resulted in a larger-than-probably-expected movement.

As such, now rivens are getting nerfed.  In simple terms, it's DE realizing that the initial riven setup had a lot of problems and, rather than buff weapons to even the playing field again (and further extend the power creep), they are deciding to cut down weapon power instead.

For the most part i don't care about the dispo because the combination of stats on the riven alone allows me more freedom with the weapon build. 

while i can understand that someone might want over a certain percentage of a stat, its enough for me to see it as having 2 or 3 mods in one slot.

Maybe they should buff/rework more weapons more often instead of focusing on dragging popular weapon dispositions down into the muck. I would love to use weapons like the Ogris more often in missions and in boss fights, but the self damage penalty combined with its rather meh damage output against armored enemies and shielded enemies makes it incredibly unappealing. I'm not against riven dispo adjustments, but they should also come with adjustments to certain weapons themselves, along with a better understanding of WHY some weapons are popular and why some aren't. More needs to be taken into account.

Archived