Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

I am happy that my Bolton Critaata is now better. And ofc my stupid Cycron Riven which keeps having ever increasing disposition.

But most of my actually useful rivens r becoming trashier and trashier, I cri Everytiem.

Also of all things, why did GORGON rivens get buffed ... Isn't Prisma Gorgon a thing!?

10 minutes ago, laserlight2 said:

Except nerfing affects everyone using those specific rivens, not just speed runners. Your post reaks of envy.

First of all, reek.

And yes, I'm aware of change of rivens would affect everyone who use such rivens.  I was merely making fun of the most unreasonable salt that seem to have come from speedrunners when they seem to think their needs is above all balancing efforts from DE.  If DE thinks you spamming something too efficiently, they have always demonstrated that they will nerf it.  It's a simple process with nothing to envy, and if you have a good argument on why you think tridolon spams should be easier/more rewarding, you can always start a thread in suggestions forum, and I think it'll look a lot more sensible than this tear urn of a thread.

Thank you for continuing to adjust dispositions! Some good numbers here. Glad to see the massively popular items aren't getting special treatment and get the same adjustments as the rest.

Edit: After reading through some comments, oh my goodness there are some salty people here.

2 hours ago, lainverse said:

The funniest part here is the only reason people actively using Kohm IS 100% "true" status and the reason for that is how DE screwed up with how status works on pellets. I mean, seriously, majority of shotguns receive tremendous buff as soon as they reach that "true" status and if they take it away from a gun where it were achiveable before that won't be just a minor nerf to DPS of that gun. It will be tremendous and render it almost useless.

I agree, they need to rework how status does affect shotguns. However, it is easier for DE to just leave it the way that it is, so I doubt that we will ever see that happen.

The last time i see so much hate and disagreement like this was the last... riven dispo adjustment. Like come on DE, If you always receive so many negative feedback like this CONTINUOUSLY, it is MAYBE a hint that you are doing something very wrong.

51 minutes ago, SaidTheRogue said:

stop playing games with semantics. a nerf to a riven is a nerf to the weapon, even in however a de facto sort of way.

nerf a riven = weapon dmg/performance is lower = nerf to the weapon. not rocket science. fanboys need to stop this. its no mystery why they did it, its just some were a bit too much. the akjag and ignis were hit too hard for example.

not, its not a nerf to the weapon. Its a nerf f the riven. Not everone have rivens for every weapon. so They won't even tell something hapened.most of the nerfed weapons don't even really need a riven to do its job.
The only thing I agree is that snipers should be worked more because they are only used on eidolons

I feel like this disposition process is a band-aid solution to base weapon balance issues, which...does exist but is hardly as important as the power-gap mod issue, which Rivens have become part of in a big bad way.

Like, thanks for doing it, a band-aid is better than no band-aid, I just want to draw the point that this is not going to fix the problem in the long run.

edit: P.S. The new method based on an internal ranking system and not focused on usage statistics is absolutely a good move, and after reviewing the list further, it all seems very reasonable.

2 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

I am happy that my Bolton Critaata is now better. And ofc my stupid Cycron Riven which keeps having ever increasing disposition.

But most of my actually useful rivens r becoming trashier and trashier, I cri Everytiem.

Also of all things, why did GORGON rivens get buffed ... Isn't Prisma Gorgon a thing!?

Shhhh, don't tell them about it lol.

1 hour ago, Kboy2608 said:

The last time i see so much hate and disagreement like this was the last... riven dispo adjustment. Like come on DE, If you always receive so many negative feedback like this CONTINUOUSLY, it is MAYBE a hint that you are doing something very wrong.

I agree, they should actually consider buffing the weapons base stats in order for it to keep up with the power creep. Instead they are taking the lazy way out of it, and nerfing riven disposition.

1 minute ago, Reisbig2009 said:

Shhhh, don't tell them about it lol.

My friend has a Gorgon Riven I have to make him cri harder... 😂

So I must definitely inform DE of the AR that is actually conveniently stronger than Tiberon P ... and has a higher dispo.

As a new player, I find these changes awful.  I've spent the past month focused heavily on rivens.  My pride and joy rivens 1) Catchmoon, 2) Tigris, and 3) Tiberon all just got crapped on.

When you nerf a riven, you're not just balancing the game.  You're invalidating a LOT of time and effort made by players.  Obviously rivens are sought after to yield the "best" gameplay possible.  Sometimes the difference is 10-20% increases.  So a 20% nerf on a riven that I've spent 60 hours (I realize some of you have spent 1000+ hours on a riven...) completely invalidates all that time and effort. 

You are the gods of this game, but you're cruel and stupid gods.  It's one thing to balance weapons.  Nerf my favorite gun? Fine.  I'll use another.  I've got them all.  But we only have 15 rivens.  15!  I've sold or transmuted numerous rivens to focus on the best rivens for the best guns.  And then you piss all over the ones I have left.   

Where is the incentive to start over?  There is none.  Everything I invest time and effort into will just get crapped on because it's popular 3 months from now.   And now I have weaker rivens for great guns. So what do I do with my 15???  Do I keep nerfed rivens for great guns or seek out buffed rivens for weak guns?   The choices you've laid out before me make playing this game unattractive.

This was nothing more than a monetary decision.  Much like nightwave, which is a whole lot of effort for jack squat.   

I realize now that anyone who invests 60+ hours into a riven is a fool.   Anyone who invests any time at all in rivens is a fool.   Anyone who pays platinum for rivens is a greater fool.   

I get it ... warframe is a game of grind.  Your monetary model is based off grind.  That's fine.  No issues there.  But ... introduce new grind.  Don't take all my prior grind and make it worthless.  That's a bad economic model.  It leaves your customers feeling cheated, like they've wasted time, and pissed off.

So much for small incremental changes like you stated DE...some of these weapons lost 30% or more off their stats...aka thanks for turning the amprex rivens into essentially what arca plasmor rivens used to be....there is no real pvp so why hit these weapons as hard as you did? And you barely increased garbage weapons that not many people like..i also disagree with not touching the kohm..although i like the weapon kohm rivens are through the roof in price because of their absurd stats..kinda like the opticor which was also left untouched...GG de..

The problem isn’t them being changed, the problem is DE only doing so (on a regular basis anyway) just now. The big issue is that they didn’t touch it for like 2-3 years after it’s implementation, which created the idea that it’ll just stay the same and they won’t change it, then threads like this will happen 

If it becomes a regular thing, less and less complaints will be made and people will just live with it  

So, Plasmor, Baza (Don't have a riven for but wanted one), Corinth (really? this was a hidden gem), Supra (AGAIN...), Tiberon (again don't have but I wanted), Vectis.... Aklex... Nerfed almost all of my favorite weapons, the ones that didn't get hit this round got hit the last round (Sobek off the top of my head)... I don't like meta, I dont use these weapons because they are meta or not... I use them cause I like the way they feel, the way they work... and I REALLY like the way they felt and worked with their rivens.

This system of 'popularity determines disposition' really needs another look; I mean, we get a weapon and like it, and use the be-jesus outa it, try really hard for and eventually get a riven for said weapon (and the current RNG methods of riven acquisition just makes a really S#&$ty and depressing case of 'haves' and 'have nots' sometimes), like it and use it... and we are shooting ourselves in the foot...  Because as we use these weapons we are building a case against them and their dispositions... Feels kinda like we are getting punished, and for me, its getting punished for weapons I actually like, that fit my play styles, cause as I said, I could give two hoots about meta.

Between this and how Nightwave feels like a job or homework (I honestly don't remember what my general goals were at the time before it by now, but I miss whatever that was)... I never thought I'd say it, but I'm have trouble staying interested in Warframe right now, and I absolutely love this game... but this, this makes it hard.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, the riven system needs actual real work and change, this isn't it anymore.

3 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

The problem isn’t them being changed, the problem is DE only doing so (on a regular basis anyway) just now. The big issue is that they didn’t touch it for like 2-3 years after it’s implementation, which created the idea that it’ll just stay the same and they won’t change it, then threads like this will happen 

If it becomes a regular thing, less and less complaints will be made and people will just live with it  

All I know is this new direction from DE has greatly taken away my focus from hunting for rivens.    This was my last little outlet of min/maxing of measurable value and that is sorta drying up.  Regardless...I still like rivens...I just have to shift my focus from min/max power to "lulz".  Either way...i'm ahead.   I just wish that with this new direction DE would increase riven capacity to match weapons count.    I don't care if they do this...I just don't like missing out on opportunities because I nuked a dispo 1 riven when in 12 months it could be a dispo 5.  

One reason that never gets mentioned and always brings out a defense force is alot of people are too worried about what others have or how much things sell for.  Not saying it's everyone but alot of people don't want others to have things they can't.  It's a PvE game where the guy slaughtering the map with Saryn is mad my Gram riven is OP.  All weapons should be put in power tiers and have the disposition set accordingly.  No more of this popularity bs and flip flopping dispositions.  If a prime gets a big stat buff the disposition should just change on the prime version when equipping from the regular version.

9 hours ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

Bows need to auto-charge, only make me need to left-click. The draw back to charge property is what ruins bows, no partially-drawn arrow is more useful than if the arrow was already drawn and waiting without needing to hold left-click to prep it.

Otherwise, make sound matter more, and quiet weapons will matter more. I always thought the tradeoff of bows or thrown weapons was innate silence so they're easier to mod for full stealth operations. 

Agreement

I cannot stand bows and other bow-like weapons (Ogris for example) because of that mechanic.

I've tried using an Inverse-Trigger macro, and this helps immensely.

(basically, set the Trigger button to the Opposite of its Physical state.)

makes for: bow is held drawn when I touch nothing, arrow released when I do press trigger. flipping the behavior.

It's not perfect since bow draw can desynchronize if you Roll or do other cancel maneuvers, but still makes them feel much closer to a traditional semi-trigger type.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Nikolai420 said:

So much for small incremental changes like you stated DE...some of these weapons lost 30% or more off their stats...aka thanks for turning the amprex rivens into essentially what arca plasmor rivens used to be....there is no real pvp so why hit these weapons as hard as you did? And you barely increased garbage weapons that not many people like..i also disagree with not touching the kohm..although i like the weapon kohm rivens are through the roof in price because of their absurd stats..kinda like the opticor which was also left untouched...GG de.. 

Ah! but there is PvP: Trade Chat

instead of throwing bullets at each other, we swap Platinum; a much more potent and deadly munition

and the Plat value of those rivens is affected by Disposition.

by mixing things up, DE stimulates the Plat to Flow. which is Good for DE, since Plat is purchased using real Money.

41 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

they arent "nerfed" they are changed exactly the way they were originally advertised to do from day 1.

True they did say in Laymans terms. "Don't get too comfortable" and Rivens were designed to make less popular weapons more popular and to make weak weapons more viable. When they see a weapon getting too much love case in point. the Opticor Extremely powerful weapon but not very popular which is why it still had a full dispo.They brought out the Vandal the way it is so that they won't have to Nerf the classic one. and so it's dispo will stay the way it is for now. it went from a 5 to 4 dispo but with that it would make the Opticor Lite stand up with the classic. If you have a good riven.

Archived