Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

More buffs than losses for me sitting at 90 rivens.  That being said, the Stradavar Nerf is bs because no one used that gun.  They did it with the anticipation of the prime which goes against their current system.  Also I find it funny the Tigris doesn't get buffed because I rarely see anyone using it anymore.  I know it's strong and doesn't need it, I just want them to follow their own system.  Just cut out the middle man and Nerf Rubico, Arca, Lanka, kit guns etc. to 1 already.  Stop trying to milk plat sales with the slow down hill crawl where we all know the results anyway.

16 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

All I know is this new direction from DE has greatly taken away my focus from hunting for rivens.    This was my last little outlet of min/maxing of measurable value and that is sorta drying up.  Regardless...I still like rivens...I just have to shift my focus from min/max power to "lulz".  Either way...i'm ahead.   I just wish that with this new direction DE would increase riven capacity to match weapons count.    I don't care if they do this...I just don't like missing out on opportunities because I nuked a dispo 1 riven when in 12 months it could be a dispo 5.  

I feel ya on thet point bruh. I have 91 rivens and a message popping asking me to tank one of them. I had gotten my 3 riven log in reward. Instead of beeing like. yeaah baby. I'm like what should I get rid of. especially when ya can't do the Sortie if you're over the limit. So I sold a Tipedo,b4 I found out it was getting primed for 100pl. Kicking my own butt after that. I ended up doing the same with a Rubico,An Akbolto and bunch more rivens that I didn't have space for. i 've given away so many rivens to clan mates and other rivens i could have trans muted if I had the space for something better.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

More buffs than losses for me sitting at 90 rivens.  That being said, the Stradavar Nerf is bs because no one used that gun.  They did it with the anticipation of the prime which goes against their current system.  Also I find it funny the Tigris doesn't get buffed because I rarely see anyone using it anymore.  I know it's strong and doesn't need it, I just want them to follow their own system.  Just cut out the middle man and Nerf Rubico, Arca, Lanka, kit guns etc. to 1 already.  Stop trying to milk plat sales with the slow down hill crawl where we all know the results anyway.

I am OK with this

avoids a repeat of the Tiburon Prime situation.

Actually, I'd suggest DE take it further and just Neutralize a weapon's disposition anytime a new Variant of it is released....

Rivens are there to balance the old and new weapons based on their usage and keep players try out different stuff the devs make. Keeping certain popular things ridiculously strong is not quite balanced or helps the diversity, right? DE always tries to keep the meta from staying too long. We all know this. 

Il y a 9 heures, kgptzac a dit :

Sounds like it will lengthen the Tridolon bounty by 2~5 minutes.  Is it a big deal?

It has nothing to do with Eidolon length but with how rivens are balanced depending on so-called popularity.

Using sniper rifles against Eidolon is just common sense and pretty much mandatory not because of players choice but because of DE's. So they're basically nerfing weapons only because they prevent us from using anything else - which is a dumb move if you want to know my two cents. I wouldn't mind such nerf if people were using such weapons all day long in any missions but let be real a sec, no one is running around shooting with a Rubico or a Lanka in missions...

My only concern so far is that the tools they're using for tuning the whole weapons balance are weak and not much objective.

I still don't friggin get it, why balancing a PVE game as if it's PVP?

What's wrong with having a tier list in a PVE game? Why nerf the weapons that are by design cool and fun to use to force ppl to use the boring one? for example: all the good-for-nothing-but-suicide launchers?????

I'm so fking done with this game for now, all my 3+1- rivens collection have been halved in value. 

DE said they the original intention of riven was to balance weapon usage then why coupled it with layer upon layer of RNG to make a good riven so hard to roll? resulted in it as expensive as a collectible? and now, this collectible is bound to get devalued from the point of time it's produced because weapon with good design=popular=larger riven traffic=higher riven price=nerfed in the end. and i just spend 8000 plat on a catchmoon riven. Good for you DE, good for you.

1 hour ago, ----AncientHunter---- said:

Guys DE said From start Riven`s meant  to used on weak/unwanted weapons to make it stronger ,, the logic is beyond wrong  i have to say i Never ever USE Riven and can do tons

of dmg on Tridolons without reveling my secret 😉 so again Rivens are FOR Sh‡Ty weapons so as long this logic exist dont bother trying getting anther Riven for A powerfull weapon

because it will be nerfed and u will Burn alot of plat and Kuva for nothing,, i hope DE know that there is  Blackmarket for Rivens ..

They may have said that, but it is or SHOULD be obvious to them after this long that rivens are not making weak weapons more desirable, despite being stronger. You cannot get people to want to use the Kraken, Stug, Convectrix, etc because they have bad base stats/unique quirks, no matter how high the riven disposition. Instead of nerfing the hell out of the good weapons disposition, buff the S#&$ out of weak weapons to bring everything up to the modern power level. If this were to happen, then rivens for those weapons would give better results. That would be a more effective way to balance the weapons over their current strategy, which actually turns the player base against them. Players with these "God tier" rivens would be happy, and they may actually push people to look at some of the old weapons that are obsolete at the moment...except for the Convectrix. That PoS needs reworked, because the way that gun shoots is absolutely stupid, lol.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

I am OK with this

avoids a repeat of the Tiburon Prime situation.

Actually, I'd suggest DE take it further and just Neutralize a weapon's disposition anytime a new Variant of it is released....

It's not about being ok with it.  It really doesn't bother me, I just want them to be consistent so they can't make excuses about their system when it's convenient.  You're right though, the disposition should change on the variant release but stay the same on the original.  I'd actually like a power tier where weapons are sorted into based on stats (not popularity) and have the disposition set according to tier.  That way we wouldn't have to go through this every time they change them.  Arca, catchmoon, Tigris, Rubico etc. would just stay at a 1 or whatever disposition the highest tier weapons were in.  Seems like it would be much simpler.  They do it for actually obtaining the weapons through MR.  All in all though I knew this was coming and I'm actually happy alot of my favorite guns got buffed dispositions.  Glad I traded my Eidolon Rubico for Arcane Energize R3 a few weeks ago.  I did it because I knew where this was going lol.

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

My friend has a Gorgon Riven I have to make him cri harder... 😂

So I must definitely inform DE of the AR that is actually conveniently stronger than Tiberon P ... and has a higher dispo.

I have a Gorgon riven as well, trust me I know lol. Really, you think that it is stronger than the Tiberon Prime? Every time that I use that weapon, I feel like "I HAVE THE POWA! ALL WILL DIE BEFORE ME!!!"...cough, cough...or something like that lol.

10 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Most Kitguns received disposition decreases, but not all were hit as hard as they could have been, because we factored in our personal interpretation of Kitgun strength instead of relying solely on usage stats.

WHY NOT DO THIS FOR THE ENTIRE RIVEN SYSTEM... seems like that might solve a lot of the issues with the riven system

16 minutes ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

Why do a lot of weapons get dumped on, yet the kohm seems to be the holy cow that's not being touched?

People have already said it this thread, but since the Kohm is so dependent on its riven to get 100% status chance, everyone freaked out when they changed the Kohm's disposition to make this impossible, so they moved it back. No other weapon has such a heavy dependence on its riven reaching a certain static threshold to access most of its power.

Anyway, this is an interesting list. I think some things are being kicked when they're already down (I don't touch my Arca Plasmor now that there's Catchmoon in town), and we'll see what happens with snipers in general now that you've decreased power to all of them save the Snipertron.

I do not mind the changes, 

I am assuming that since people will use their weapons that were once OP less from now on you will raise their disposition a bit in the next pass as they will be less popular.

But I have a criticism for variants, 

It's the variants that are popular, not the base versions most of the time.

So will there be separate dispositions for weapon variants? 

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Good_Sword_Of_Clem:

People have already said it this thread, but since the Kohm is so dependent on its riven to get 100% status chance, everyone freaked out when they changed the Kohm's disposition to make this impossible, so they moved it back. No other weapon has such a heavy dependence on its riven reaching a certain static threshold to access most of its power.

That is some ridiculous, arbitrary BS reasoning, wow. DE don't make no sense.

16 minutes ago, Gaikki said:

Ye KnOw WhAt Ye JuSt HaTe It BeCaUsE yOu SpEnT a LoT oF tImE aNd MoNeY oN tHaT rIvEn. 

Come on bois. You did fine even without the rivens. Let's not be so boring angry bunch of people. 

So what wrong with people get upset because they lost tons of money and time investment? Like i see a lot of white knights like you using this in their argument, what is so wrong with upset people that love the game so much and putting a lot of money and time into it just to end up losing it all? 

Nothing will change with snipers. after this balance. How can statistics change if they are used only on eidalone? Are there any other options? Do not be fooled, this is simply a mockery of the players in a game without PVP. The whole point is to increase the time of killing eidalon. But why? To quickly kill him you need to either a lot of platinum or a lot of time. And the people who spent both on creating rivens or buying them are very angry now. I hate DE. Are you really so st#pid? How will this force the players to use another weapon if it is s#it?

I've seen a lot of arguments in this thread for an against the changes. My personal thoughts are as follows on this subject:

I approve of the Riven Changes we have. I have before and after images of several of my Rivens, and the biggest hit I had was losing a grand total of 12.7% crit chance off of my Stradavar Riven. I still get +130 something crit chance off of it.

The BIGGEST nerf was a .2 to Tiberon. Considering Stradavar took a hit of at least .1, you're looking, at most, to a 30% drop in the stat, and that's off of a riven t hat has a curse.

Literally, if you're that upset, just use different weapons, or toss all your rivens into trade chat to recoup your platinum losses or something.

Also, to the guy above that said no one runs around in regular missions using a Sniper Rifle: Vulkar Wraith with lasting Purity and Hush on an Ivara can lead to some nice helmet popping, really easily. 

EDIT: I tend to use the Tombfinger or Sancti Castanas for Eidolon. With a minimum duration, max strength Navigator, you can hit a Limb with enough damage to pop it faster than a Lanka charge, if you build right. Without a Riven, at that.

7 hours ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

The hyperboly is a little annoying. The lack of interest is because of how people play games, boring. They want the best of the best 10/10 stuff and then boost that to meta tier. It not because people like the weapon, but because it is the best weapon. These nerfs are not going to make these weapon usage rates go down significantly because they are still king at what they do, but will give other weapons room to shine through.

If they want for other weapons to shine, then they need to adjust the weapons base stats and not the riven disposition. Rivens are just a band aid to the obvious and underlying issue. No matter how good the riven disposition, if a weapon is bad then it will remain bad. You cannot make the Kraken, Stug or Convectrix attractive, even with a 10/5 disposition. Why? Because the base stats are bad and their mechanics are terrible.

18 минут назад, Mewfan сказал:

bla bla bla ....

EDIT: I tend to use the Tombfinger or Sancti Castanas for Eidolon. With a minimum duration, max strength Navigator, you can hit a Limb with enough damage to pop it faster than a Lanka charge, if you build right. Without a Riven, at that.

For those who are sure that there is nothing terrible in the loss of 20% efficiency. personally, you can even run with MK-1 on eidalona. But this is a PVE game and I spent a lot of time and money in my rank 27 only to have these weapons kill the very 20% faster. For those who do not have the necessary mods, this update has absolutely nothing to change. For that, those who really invested their time in this game are really very angry.

Archived