[DE]Connor

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

Posted (edited)

Oh GOOD, after over-nerfing the Amprex into the ground with massive CC, range, damage AND riven nerfs, it now gets yet another riven nerf.

The Plasmor did NOT need another nerf either.

Certain weapons feel like they're being targetted and ruined because DE made them too fun or useful, better do something about that right?

Nerfing due to popularity like this feels extremely petty and spiteful (and it's clear that the Amprex and Plasmor are being targetted for this), it also makes me feel a lot less like playing. I know they've said they're now also using damage stats in the updates, but usage stats shouldn't be a part of it AT ALL, it should only, ONLY be based on damage potentials.

Edited by Reynard_Fox
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

It's not the rivens that is the problem,it is the weapons themselves that need buffing,a riven's power is given by the base stats of the gun or blade. You had rebalanced weapons in 22.12, why not doing it now again.. besides, if you slightly buff some rivens dispos on bad weapons,they will not get more usage,and if you nerf the rivens on good,competitive guns, they will still be popular just because they are good. We do not need nerfs in places people invest time and kuva, the weapons that are weak need to be brought in line or near the line of competitiveness. There is a site which says what weapon are the most viable or not,and which depend on rivens to be somewhat viable. Bring diversity by creating more choices,not ruining the high end. I know that weapons are made by MR so that progression exists. But eventually you end up in end game anyway,and you need the best gear(Eidolon, Arbitration, endurance runs,Sorties,and probably more to come.)

Edited by ShaKaL95
Grammar and spelling
  • Upvote 4

vor 12 Stunden schrieb 000l000:

You're basically nerfing every single sniper rifle riven in the entire game. since they're highly used especially against bosses and Eidolons they are popular for obvious reasons.

Snipetron got a buff.
Time to shine. 🙂

hace 46 minutos, Vilmu dijo:

Because disposition is based on how popular a weapon is. As the popularity changes, so should the disposition. 

But it's not the first time dispositions change... Sure it have not been changing on regular intervals, but back when rivens came out the devs warned us to not get too comfortable with the dispositions. Or at least I remember them doing so, so it didn't come as a surprise to me.

In maybe 6 months i didnt see even 1 person using AkLex Prime... and its nerfed . Its a good weapon ? yes , its popular ? not even close . Panthera ? i didnt see 1 using it in 2 years ... and its nerfed . Same with Stradavar or Lato!! .

Pretty terrible changes overall. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's overpowered, like Arca Plasmor which got it's disposition nerfed. The lowest disposition should be 0.9, this way the well rolled rivens still stay relevant.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Snipetron got a buff.
Time to shine. 🙂

🤣but only for 3 month, definitely going to get nerfed.

Posted (edited)

This is one really bad news. And I thought I would be rejoicing today since Equinox P was released.

sad, sad day..

Edited by zirkwander
  • Like 2

To keep the meta dynamic and plat in circulation.

Before rivens, the best weapons stayed meta and the crap weapons were mastery fodder, at least now they can be leveraged depending on the riven.

Unfortunately, the downside to shift the meta you have to shift the riven power now and then.

Not to get burned by the changes, just don't buy expensive rivens.

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Absolute no person can believe that disposition is based in "usage" stats ... its would be to naive (weapons that only are use in eidolons for example , overall have very low usage because people usually dont use lanka outside eidolon .... but its getting nerfed) . And devs know how much they need to nerf a weapon to balance it , this "slow" nerf only exist to gives player the feeling of "this is not that bad of a nerf" to each mini nerf.

This is assuming that the goal of Rivens is to achieve a usage statistic of 100%/(No. of weapons) and numbers above are reduced and numbers below are increased.

The Lanka still sees a visible usage difference between something like the Ferrox within the context of Eidolons and without. If you look at the changes for all the Sniper Rifles, all of them except for the Snipetron received a reduction so it's not outside of the question that they were tweaked down particularly from Eidolon usage, especially the Rubico. 

The Disposition thread itself mentions that they do have another means of determining a sort of Disposition order based on the functionality of a weapon.

12 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

This is our first time determining disposition changes with the help of an internal ranking, to help guide dispositions closer to where we feel they should be, and to offer a solid baseline that is less subject to fluctuating player usage stats. I know some of you guys love hearing how we reach these numbers, so I wanted to share a few pieces of insight on how this internal ranking affected the dispositions:

That list is more than likely a guideline of where the disposition of a weapon would range and a rough usage target based on the functional capabilities of a weapon, e.g. Arca Plasmor ranging from 1 to probably 3 due to close enough aim mechanics. Where between 1 and 3 would then be determined by usage but it would have a higher usage target in comparison to the Lanka due to it's general capability being more friendly to use, which results in the Lanka not being massively ahead.

Edited by RX-3DR
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, MeatFone said:

Awwww. Look at the riven mafia raging now that their hoarded rubico rivens - that they scammed out of newer players for far less than they're worth - aren't salable for thousands of plat in profit.🤔 🤣

On the whole these disposition changes are good, and I say this as someone who owns god-tier Tiberon and Rubico rivens. (That I rolled myself and kept.) Rivens don't exist so that trade sharks can gate the meta behind paying them thousands of plat, or that players with thousands of plat can buy their way to numerical superiority. They exist so that weapons players like, but aren't otherwise competitive, can be useful again with some effort.

(If anything, there are weapons with top tier dispositions that still aren't competitive, and weapons that should have top tier dispositions that aren't...but these changes are, for the most part, in the correct direction. For instance, I would love to use my Latrons instead of my Tiberons for a change, but with the changes Dex Sybaris is still far superior. Maybe someday...)

Seriously, did anyone think Tiberon, Rubico, and Arca Plasmor rivens weren't going to get nerfed? Come on. 🤣

The Rubico riven mod was my first one. I had it for months before Rubico Prime was released. I remembered that I had the riven, so I rerolled it a few times and got the crit boost. Then after I crunched the numbers, I spent 4 formas to build it into a weapon that had a crit rate of about 147%. Then they nerfed it. I wasn't happy but I rolled with it. Now they've nerfed it a second time. So sorry if I'm a little salty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you DE for nerfing our hard earned riven mods - why don't you use your time for something more constructive - like bringing back the quick alert system - instead of that god awful nightwave system.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Thank you DE for nerfing our hard earned riven mods - why don't you use your time for something more constructive - like bringing back the quick alert system - instead of that god awful nightwave system.

"Hard earned riven mods", I lol'd

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Kboy2608 said:

So what wrong with people get upset because they lost tons of money and time investment? Like i see a lot of white knights like you using this in their argument, what is so wrong with upset people that love the game so much and putting a lot of money and time into it just to end up losing it all? 

Ah darn, you right. My bad. But nah, don't call me that. I'm just a less invested gamer that didn't try enough to understand that. 

Posted (edited)

Arca Plasmor again? Vectis again? Corinth? What are you guys thinking? 

If you want me to use a bad weapon over a good weapon how about boosting the actual stats of those bad weapons.

If said 'unpopular' weapons become 'popular' due to these changes does that mean they're getting the nerf bat next cycle? Also if popular weapons like the Arca Plasmor still remain popular can we expect even more nerfs? Well at least if you nerf the Plasmor again it will be at 0.5 and hopefully you guys will finally leave the weapon alone. 

Edited by Azrael_V
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Dear DE,

the intention probably is motivating players to play various instead of always the same weapons.

Why not buffing/nerfing weapons and deleting dispositions?

In my eyes, every weapon should have what is disposition 3 (like kitguns dispo at the beginning for example) now.

That results in useful rivens for every weapon. To prevent kohm getting useless, you should buff the weapon's status chance. Then a riven with 90% SC (on dispo 3 as mentioned) should be enough for reaching 100% status. Just as an example.

Arca Plasmor has been OP. Everybody knows that and that's why so many guys are playing it. Reduce dmg or reduce projectile speed or reduce range or reduce fire rate, but let the riven dispo be at 3 to keep the rivens relevant!!! Relevant rivens are initiating creativity thinking how can I maximize the weapon's potential or change it to the way I like. Some prefer a specific minus like puncture to make a prisma twin gremlins a virus/slash weapon instead of a puncture/corrosion and so on.

An equal riven dispo should simplify a better balancing. A better balancing results in lower price differences (in trade market) between riven mods for various weapons (status quo is bad, compare rubico to lanka to snipetron...). That would make it easier to get access to riven mods for one's favourite weapon. These changes would lead to a higher variety of played weapons. In trade market, the price for riven mods would more be based on the roll than on the weapon. Sounds fairer to me.

Dear guys, if you really want us to play various weapons NOT only Arca Plasmor, Rubico, Tigris, Gram, Paracesis and Catchmoon, then buff/nerf weapons and freeze ALL riven mods on a disposition of 3.

My favourite weapons are Synapse, Rattleguts-Slapneedle-Lovetap and Sepfahn-Peye-Ekwana Jay II. So a dispo of 3 looks like a lost to my Synapse, but if the weapon gets buffed and the riven nerfed, I am all right with it.

Would be great to get support for my suggestion

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Because rivens are bad and they should feel bad. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)

As someone who spent plat on buying decent arca plasmor, pyrana, amprex, lanka rivens

I'm happy cause i don't use ANY rivens.

I just like to see them in my inventory

Edited by shoo_p

Posted (edited)

I've taken a look at my Rivens post-update, and my arca plasmor Riven just doesn't compete with normal mods anymore. Now, I'm going to have to re-forma my Riven slot so I can equip a conventional mod.

What is the use of a Riven for popular weapons now? Just take those weapons out of the Riven rotation, and owned the fact that Riven are for less popular/broken weapons. Getting an Arca Plasmor Riven now is like "I would have preferred an Ayatan statue: I don't have to unveil that before I turn it into endo, and I get more for it too!"

At some point, lowering dispositions just makes Riven useless junk. It's simple arithmetics. You should put a lower limit, or you'll just end up breaking the Riven system even more.

And one more point: I'll keep using my arca plasmor without Riven, and my ignis wraith (never had a riven for that one). And many other players will do too. So those 2 weapons will keep being on top of the popularity list. Does this means their Riven disposition will keep being lowered? Will they get a negative Riven disposition eventually? Or will you just go out of your way to nerf them, like you did so many weapons/abilities that players loved in the past (Tonkor, Synoid Simulor, Castanas+Trinity, Ember's world on fire, etc.)?

Edited by tprx
  • Upvote 5

Not everyone trying to trade a good riven for an insane price. My GOD Rubico Riven was never for sale as I worked too hard too long and spent forever farming Kuva to get it.

I should have had an option to lock it so it was never possible to trade it and then I would still have my hard fought for prize. As for riven mafia as someone wrote they are irrelevant. I simply purchased a reasonable riven at a reasonable price and then went about working hard to farm the needed Kuva to roll until I had what I wanted. I did the work got the prize and now DE have taken it away. That is my complaint.

• Upvote 2

I like the idea of locking a riven from dispo changes (the negative would be that you can no longer trade it which would be totally fine with me)

Posted (edited)

Sicarus really shouldn't have been nerfed again. It doesn't hold a candle to kitguns. Same with Plasmor, hasn't it been nerfed enough times already? Same with Amprex.

Edited by Neightrix