Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

My rage is simply that it is now pointless to work hard to acquire a riven that suits you if a week later DE crush it. That takes all the joy out of the game. I am not a person who says farming is fun but when the results are rewarding it makes up for that grind. DE have now simply slapped me in the face for working so hard and reading every wiki page to understand how to build my favourite weapons so I can try to play high level arenas etc. Yesterday I was almost ready to try the endo farm on Sedna. Today I can forget it because my skill and speed is not as good or fast as other players..My Rivens for Arca Plasmor Ignis and Rubico were a godsend to alleviate my shortcomings. Today I am now wondering if I should just go find another game. I cannot bring myself to invest the energy and study for new solutions because now I am worried DE will just slap me down again. Games are meant to be fun......not an arena for stress and worry about if my weapon will be allowed to do what I modded and crafted it to do.

9 hours ago, ChaosMarine said:

When will the Riven limit be removed?

The answer to this lies next to «When will there be dedicated servers?» question :wink:However, Steve said he'll see what he can do about increasing Rivens cap.

10 hours ago, InfestedMonkey said:

Can anyone explain to me the conversion between the riven disposition 1-5 as seen in the game VS the number system DE uses in the forums to show disposition changes using decimals?

10 hours ago, InfestedMonkey said:

Sorry for the replies, im not trying to sound rude, but can you explain to me in a formula format? the Wiki says nothing about the more specific numbers it only uses the "1-5".
I understand better if i see the actually math behind it.

I'm not sure there's a formula... but you can take a look at this: https://semlar.com/rivencalc/soma/421 for possible min/max values per dispo.

These changes feel like they are absolutely not aimed at balancing or making poor stat trash y'all keep churning out like hot candy more viable...but are rather aimed at forcing people to reforma and relevel in order to pad play time. 

It is extremely disrespectful of players time, and in some cases cash, investments. 

The same with the bs NW challenges that have absolutely zero to do with the story arc of NW. 

It is just tedious busy work as a substitute for the lack of actual engaging content. 

Im actually speechless. After  3000h im done for the first time  ever with warframe... i could understand those changes if there is some serious pvp ... but in a horde shooter to nerf things like this ... well... your game , rour rules.   ppl spent hours farming cuva for  their weapon they like , only that this stuff ll get  nerfed into something much worse...there is no motivation left to farm again and try to roll good riven stuff, since that was the only thing what seemed like an "endgame" for me in warframe. cu.

47 minutes ago, Ms_Salami said:

The nerfs are very hard with suggestions that kitguns will be nerfed harder next time.

Not a fan.

Kitguns are the best in slot weapon for secondaries with Pyrana Prime being the only exception. Not only in stats, but the additional power of the Pax Arcanes which are all insanely strong in their own right (except the air glide one).

Their dispositions were never going to remain neutral.

12 hours ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

They nerf the rivens, not the gun. The vast majority of players don't have good rivens for the best gun anyway, so who does this really affect but a vocal minority?

The riven disposition changes are minimal when there are other things in the game that need to be fixed before these are changed. 

4 hours ago, zirkwander said:

This is one really bad news. And I thought I would be rejoicing today since Equinox P was released.

sad, sad day..

Same sentiment here. Woke up this morning ready to start grinding for Equinox Prime and her weapons but I am really put off. Sigh...

vor 11 Stunden schrieb TheNymerian:

You either completely missed the point or just feel like twisting my words. I never said rivens are mandatory. In fact, I rarely use them. However, the rivens I do use did enhance the experience of using that weapon by feeding into the power fantasy of the game. It felt good to use those guns because they were so powerful, this experience has been ruined now that those weapons took a hit. Running around with that same gun but while knowing it's not as good as it once was, ruins the power fantasy for me personally and by doing so it also vaporises my interest in using it. 

I get what you mean but I use a Tombfinger Riven myself and I never had realised a difference if not for this forumspost. The stats didnt went down this big that you saw a big difference (maybe 1% point or to which dont make this big of a difference) so your main problem is, that you KNOW that the weapon got nerfed. If you hadnt looked here you wouldnt feel it with at least 90% chance. Thats what I wanted to say with that.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Reisbig2009:

While I understand what you are trying to get at, how would a riven not be mandatory to make killing an actual high level enemy more efficiently? The game is based upon killing the enemy in the most efficient way possible.

we talking mostly about already powerfull weapons. I doub many play (except for Eidolons or Orb but Archguns dont have Rivens as far as I know) play long enough to even reach this kind of level ingame (Like 1.5hr + in Mot or compareable rotations in highes possible startlevel) to really feel the impact of the riven. Plus as stated above most nerfs as much as we dislike them (like I for my tombfinger or TheNymerian for pyrana) until now they dont have a big impact. Its a few percent points which are lost and dont have this big impact itself.
To your "most efficient way possible" no thats nothing the game is about or says you to do. Thats a self proclaimed aim from many people of the community (aka min/max people). The only thing this game is about, is to collect all the loot to build everything (aka looter shooter). At least ingame. The game itself aims to give the company as much money as possible but thats not what you meant 😄

What are the main reasons why people do sorties?

I suspect Rivens and Kuva are the main reasons.

Rivens give the game an enjoyable random chance and Kuva helps fuel the random chance.

So with the continual change/nerfing of Rivens, this will probably cause a gradual decline in people doing daily sorties. The logic being, why hope to get a riven that you will put time into, only to get it nerfed?

Now these nerfs don't really bother me(I kind of expected them) but D.E., will it bother you if/when the number of people doing daily sorties declines noticeably b/c the main rewards being Rivens can't be trusted to keep their value/stats? In reality the main reason why daily sorties are so popular is b/c people want rivens b/c rivens so far are the greatest reward in the game to date.

We all have known that you D.E., have had a hell of a time coming up with rewards so nerfing the main reward that motivates us to do the most popular of your content, might have been a what decision? D.E. I could be wrong and if so hey I'm not too proud to admit it. I'm curious what you're response will be when/if the number of players doing daily sorties starts to drop. Or maybe you plan on changing or eliminating daily sorties all together and I'm down to see what you might have to replace them. 

Archived