Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

14 minutes ago, Knight_Prospekt said:

Lanka: 0.95->0.85
Rubico: 0.95->0.8
Vectis: 0.92->0.85
Vulkar: 1.45->1.4

Because you want us to hunt Eidolons with rocks, right?

Sounds like it will lengthen the Tridolon bounty by 2~5 minutes.  Is it a big deal?

WTF MY WEAPONS ARE RUINED

MY RIVENS

NERFED TO THE GROUND

WTF DE

WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING DISPOS AS LOW AS 0.5 AND 0.6

YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THEY SHOULDNT LOWER RIVENS AFTER A POINT

BUT NOOOOOO

THE WEAPONS YOU LOVE THE MOST WILL BE NERFED THE MOST

WHAT KIND OF SICK #*!%ING LOGIC IS THAT. YOU LITERALLY RUINED EVER WEAPON I LOVED.

As if making the Opticor Vandal a disappointment in everyway wasn't enough you had to nerf the good useable guns too.

Biggest problem with rivens and people whining about them is not the stats. It is the fact that it is tied to platinum. Think nothing else cause I am yet to encounter a single case where a riven actually is mandatory for the gameplay.

Please I am begging you to add separeted riven slot capacity for arcguns and sentinel weapons . many people are already suffering from the 90 riven slot restriction. We need way more riven capacity slots

PLEASE ADD MORE RİVEN SLOT CAPACITY

10 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

On the perfect weapon with the perfect roll when the stars shine brightest on the 1st day of solstice you can actually get a roll worth using.

Outside that not really.

Between Primed mods, non-extreme stats ie not base 50% Crit chance or 3.0x Crit Dmg you're pretty much just wasting your time.

The worst part is when Disposition slides to far and ruins something like a 100% Status shotgun build.

Status under 100%, crit under 100/200%, or multishot under 200/300% after factoring in other mods.  Ruining status builds or introducing RNG whiffs is not fun or balanced.  If a gun is only popular within a small niche like Eidolon/PT hunting, it doesn't need nerfs.  Knock it off with the across-the-board sniper massacre.  You gave us weapons that are good for only one thing, then punish us for using them for that thing?

2 minutes ago, kgptzac said:

Sounds like it will lengthen the Tridolon bounty by 2~5 minutes.  Is it a big deal?

Very much. Drop chances for good arcanes are already criminally low and DE wants to make us farm all day just to get them with our backs bent like serfs.

2 minutes ago, Snowy-Owl said:

Does anyone know if the riven changes are retroactive? Do already rolled rivens before the update get their stats reduced or buffed after this change?

Already existing rivens have their stats changed to reflect their new lesser disposition.

My endgame has been collecting rivens for weapons I enjoy.

Sitting at 85/90, my collection was nerfed/buffed about 50/50.

The thing is the nerf greatly overshadows the buff.

This has changed my priorities.

I have no incentive to get rivens for the latest primed/vandal/wraith/prisma variants because they will be next on the chopping block. (avoiding Tripedo and Stradavor  rivens like the plague)

I used to buy every prime access and use the plat to buy 2-3 really good rivens for my fave weapons. This time I don't think I'm going to because I have no desire to buy any more rivens. Actually, I have a much greater incentive to sell most of my collection to minimize my risk.

IMHO, DE should never nerf the same weapon riven twice in a row. At-least do it every other term.

Edit:

for the argument that little changes do not affect peoples builds...say that to the very few players that actually used a -mag riven on the Vectis prime for charged chamber builds. We use to be able to run a decent build with a ++-mag riven. The last two Vectis nerfs now made it literally impossible to get 1 round in mag chamber with a ++- riven forcing those people to pay a super high premium for the +++-mag versions or abandon the build altogether.

Edit 2:

I am also for the suggestion of legacy rivens with locked stats until they are traded or rolled.

DE we need to talk... People use weapons like the Amprex and Ignis because they're well designed and fun, you just assume all player decisions are made on strength. You've now ended up nerfing many of the most fun toys in the game. 

It's not a good balance philosophy. Games have struggled a lot with this lately: user engagement =/= user enjoyment. You're nerfing things just because people like them at this point. Check yourselves please.

Can I ask why the Aklex keeps getting nerfed?  The amount of us that actually use the Aklex Prime is not that high.

Aklex: 0.92->0.85

Yes, a lot of people level the normal Aklex, because it's lower MR weapon you build at some point, but it's not indicative of overall use of the Aklex.

This isn't a situation where everyone picked up a Catchmoon and/or a Tombfinger and started playing around.

Great work DE ❤️  I always love the riven diso changes.  but aside from that the best thing about it, are all the rage people that do not understand what rivens and riven dispos are made for.

I mean weapons like the lanka are op as they are they dont even need  a riven to be beyond most weapons, thats why they need to have  a 0.5 riven dispo otherwise it would be just stupid.

and btw. ragekiddos you dont have to use rivens at all

I do agree with those who say basing a Riven's disposition based on weapon usage goes against what their intended purpose should be (bringing weaker weapons closer in line with stronger ones), but considering we were at least told the dispositions would be dynamic from the beginning, the salt some players are sending DE's way is really unfounded. If you spent thousands of plat on a "God Roll" for a very popular weapon without doing any research on Rivens or spent hundreds of thousands to millions of Kuva rolling a Riven thinking the stats wouldn't change (again, didn't do any research), well that's on you.

And before anyone jumps to conclusions, yes, I have Rivens of my own with my best so far being for the Grinlok at 50+ rolls that still needs more rolls for the stats I want. Will I be a tad upset if the disposition goes down with the next update? Yeah, 'cause I spent a lot of time trying to make it good, but will I blame DE for it like an entitled child? No. I knew the disposition could change at any time, but I willingly used my time to roll it over and over again, so if I were to blame anyone, it'd be myself.

Archived