Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

we do have to talk a little, DE.

The riven disposition is horrible, and you know that it's mixing a LOT of plats, because only extreme RNG luck or plat can give you a good riven, which is pure bullS#&$.

the riven stats should be able to get locked, to have riven stats you want more easily, which would drastically lower the hate for rivens. this would allows us to actually work for it, and not relying on pure RNG.

second solution : don't god damn nerf already existing rivens... simple. but i do think the first solution would be the best.

at the rhythm you are going, you're just making rivens for interesting weapons people use useless. that's not good.

especially with snipers. WTF DE. they are used almost exclusively for eidolons. eidolons you have gated behind a stupid and idiotic time gate, meaning that you HAVE to be at your maximum potential to get the most out of it. and nerfing sniper dispositions like that ( snipers being used in eidolons, mind you. genius devs... ). so first thing first, if you want sniper being LESS used ( at least a little ) in Eidolon, delete that time limit. find a way to keep the eidolons permanantly accessible, like Orb mothers.

you're nerfing the only useful meta of the eidolons. what do you expect peoples to hunt eidolons with?

you have plenty of solution to fix the mistakes that were rivens, but not using any of them. i really hope that the community backlash  will wake you up, and that rivens RNG needs to be adressed. Stat locking would be one of the good solutions. at least for the RNG. the dispo in themselves, for sniper, exemple, are totally dumb. it's only used for a very specific niche. why the #*!% nerfing that?

11 minutes ago, Paukuttaja said:

This game has hundreds of weapons. If your favorite metagun took a hit of about 15% to 1 mod out of 8, just get over it mate. 

WHO THE #*!% DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? You get over. Who are you to tell me to stop liking the things I like?

What is the point of having disposition under 0.8? The riven stats is so low that a normal mod would have better stats than the riven. Please don't ruin the fun part of the game, people spent so much money and time want to feel the power of their guns, want to have the satisfaction of the huge damage numbers.

im very happy that the soma is finally getting proper riven treatment. ive been wanting this for a while. the lato, being my favorite secondary, im kinda disappointed with. as its not really broken. but i guess as long as i can still do decent enough damage ill be fine. just dont nerf that too much please.

These dispositions should never have been based on popularity in the first place.
A routine change wouldn't be needed if you just bothered to base them on stats.

What now? Don't tell anybody about my underrated favorite weapons, so more people don't start using them, which would lead to a nerf to the rivens I may or may not have for said weapons?

The community was the pride of this game, it's what made me pick it up during a time I was sick of all the toxicity in a certain MOBA...now you are making me feel like I should be issolating myself from it. It's just plain wrong.

Rivens were born of a mistake, the game's improper balancing.
While tedious, when you did get that perfect roll it was fun to have a riven. It didn't need to be meta, it could have been a joke (remember peculiars?), but it was fun...something I find difficult to say about many things happening in this game lately.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Paukuttaja:

Think about all the players who never even had rivens for top META weapons, nor probably the weapons at all, and they still had fun. Take a chill pill, try some new weapons if your meta guns are now 100% absolutely trash-tier, or take a break from the game.

Until this day, it amazes me how people are shilling for developers that are making garbage changes. 

2 minutes ago, Paukuttaja said:

This game has hundreds of weapons. If your favorite metagun took a hit of about 15% to 1 mod out of 8, just get over it mate. 

Hundreds of weapons yet most of them sucks. And the few that doesn't got nerfed. After collective WEEKS of farming Kuva, after hundreds of rolls to make my favorite weapons as good as they can be, they expect us to just shrug "oh well" and move on? This is bullS#&$. All that work for nothing. Why can't they just buff the less popular or weaker weapons to peak our interest instead of ruining the experience for us?

so, what does this mean for existing riven mods that are rolled and in use? will the values of them go up and down with those changes, or is that only for mods that get re-rolled after then?

because i don't think changing the rivens that people spend a lot of time and/or money in should get their favorite weapons nerfed in such a way... so please let the rivens in use be as they are and only be accounted for change IF they ever get a re-roll. if that is what you intended, then forget what i was saying ^^)

So wait, you bug lanka for eidolons ( The only things its usefull for ) making it unusable for fast hunts, and still nerf its disposition 😮

As for other snipers is your goal just to make eidolon hunting slower for whatever reason ? People won't start to use  different weapons because of these disposition changes, because different weapons are just not usable. The only thing thats gonna happen here is  everything will just be slower. 

10 minutes ago, OptimusFrame said:

Rivens that are in players inventories should remain unchanged. The disposition changes should only apply to newly rolled rivens.

This is a decent idea, but it fails in practical. If rivens wouldn't change stats, we would have "Legacy Rivens" for weapons that had a high disposition once, but due to a patch buff, meta change or such, now have a 0.5 dispo for being very popular and powerful and someone has 2 year old riven that was rolled when the dispo was 4/5 or more. This would negate the idea of riven dispositions balancing the rivens.

Imagine if such rebalance changes would also address weapons' performance issues, «like why do / don't people use weapon-X?» instead of nerfing / buffing this and that basing one's preferences on weapons' popularity. Good joke. Reminds me of nerfing Prova's Index augment, because it was too good.

55 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Soma is an interesting case study - the Soma Prime is a constant staple across all levels of play, ever since we gave the weapon as part of Twitch Prime in 2017. With an MR restriction of 7, it’s intended to be one of the first Primes a new player will acquire. This overall prevalence initially resulted in a low disposition, but our internal rankings will help bring it to a more respectable baseline in the future.

Until it gains enough popularity to drop the anvil on folks that spent money/plat/time/kuva on acquiring its riven.

Spoiler

Creepy-Condescending-Wonka.jpg

I mean, seriously, if Rivens put so much stress on DB, why not increase min. limit to mentioned 0.7 or 0.8 instead of 0.5 to make 0.5 Riven playable / worth it? 0.5 tier serves no purpose but taking up your DB space and just being there, because other rivens are there, too, even though regular mods will be much better than a 0.5-dispo Riven

Just now, fr4gb4ll said:

so, what does this mean for existing riven mods that are rolled and in use? will the values of them go up and down with those changes, or is that only for mods that get re-rolled after then?

because i don't think changing the rivens that people spend a lot of time and/or money in should get their favorite weapons nerfed in such a way... so please let the rivens in use be as they are and only be accounted for change IF they ever get a re-roll. if that is what you intended, then forget what i was saying ^^)

Its retroactive. Meaning all rivens effected have been changed.

Was known since creation as well so its not like it was an unknown.

17 minutes ago, Paukuttaja said:

Think about all the players who never even had rivens for top META weapons, nor probably the weapons at all, and they still had fun. Take a chill pill, try some new weapons if your meta guns are now 100% absolutely trash-tier, or take a break from the game.

Leaving the game sounds like a better alternative than listening to people like you whose answer to everything is "Just get over it and let them walk all over you". Not everyone wants to live like you.

I'm seeing more buffs and fewer nerfs here according to the list. So I guess that's a good thing overall since that's the purpose of rivens. But the buffs seems far too insignificant on some weapons and the nerfs, far too extravagant on other weapons.

Also I would strongly recommend that you verify that the changes made actually affected the rivens in-game. Because I have a riven here, whose disposition decreased according to the list, but its stats are the same as they were prior to today's update. I have pictures to prove it if need be.

8 minutes ago, mikakor said:

we do have to talk a little, DE.

The riven disposition is horrible, and you know that it's mixing a LOT of plats, because only extreme RNG luck or plat can give you a good riven, which is pure bullS#&$.

the riven stats should be able to get locked, to have riven stats you want more easily, which would drastically lower the hate for rivens. this would allows us to actually work for it, and not relying on pure RNG.

second solution : don't god damn nerf already existing rivens... simple. but i do think the first solution would be the best.

at the rhythm you are going, you're just making rivens for interesting weapons people use useless. that's not good.

especially with snipers. WTF DE. they are used almost exclusively for eidolons. eidolons you have gated behind a stupid and idiotic time gate, meaning that you HAVE to be at your maximum potential to get the most out of it. and nerfing sniper dispositions like that ( snipers being used in eidolons, mind you. genius devs... ). so first thing first, if you want sniper being LESS used ( at least a little ) in Eidolon, delete that time limit. find a way to keep the eidolons permanantly accessible, like Orb mothers.

you're nerfing the only useful meta of the eidolons. what do you expect peoples to hunt eidolons with?

you have plenty of solution to fix the mistakes that were rivens, but not using any of them. i really hope that the community backlash  will wake you up, and that rivens RNG needs to be adressed. Stat locking would be one of the good solutions. at least for the RNG. the dispo in themselves, for sniper, exemple, are totally dumb. it's only used for a very specific niche. why the #*!% nerfing that?

Not only that, they've been literally refusing to touch and tweak kuva farm.
If they really want to come towards us, maybe they should improve that... Garbage. It's just garbage sorry.
There's nothing consistent in farming kuva and it's being given/used for random things more and more

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Its live. The changes are just way less intense than what people here make it out to be.

In the Equinox hotfix thread for PC DE has said it will go live for PC with a later hotfix.

Edit:  I see you saw this already, cheers 🙂

Archived