Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

6 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

See above for why it still needs reliable crit. It's literally the difference between needing the entire magazine to match the damage of a single shot; one headcrit with Vital Sense is worth 8.8 non-crit shots. Without adding more crit damage in the riven itself.

It's literally a build-breaking difference in reliability - and considering snipers have either Crit or Headshot bonuses inbuilt for their zoom, you do generally want to headshot and make use of that hidden 'headcrit' multiplier.

as the main reason why I don't use it I get the above and I agree that the base of 20% CC belongs on a high ROF weapon I still feel that there are better ways to deal with thresh holding that is what is killing some rivens now.  
the only reel difrence between the Prime and stock rubico (other than 12 damage and slightly better status and reload) is the more consistent crit and it makes a big difference when it comes to sustained DPS.  
my point was that it needs more than the hitting 70% CC (this is what most snipers that are not the Lanka or the Rubico can do) as it would still be a niche pick for most content while the Rubico is good for anything that does not have nullifiers (and even then with a swap mod that is not a problem)  

I never stated that it didn't need improvements to crit I feel that for the wraith's MR it needs more than standard sniper crit stats.  

vor 51 Minuten schrieb Karu-QW:

Can't tell if you're serious or just had a brainfart shortly. Good changes? What a joke. Angstrum, Aklex, Panthera and Supra nerfs are good? Are you kidding me? NOBODY uses those weapons.

Supra Vandal is actually God tier among automatic primaries. Even without Rivens. Basicly: You probably play them or ignore them anyway.

Mostly buffs, so if you like underpowered weapons there are many good changes in here.

9 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

A routine change wouldn't be needed if you just bothered to base them on stats.

They are basing them on stats now with popularity fluctuation added.

EX: Rubico is such a strong weapon that its disposition should be around .65. DE will continuously drop that disposition until it reaches that point. Once it is there, popularity takes over. If the Riven Meta Chasers drop it in favor of the Vectis Prime then its disposition could recover to around .8. If they continue to use it it could drop down to .5. Regardless, it will hover around the internal power ranking that DE decides and population will have a much smaller impact on dispo.

6 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Its retroactive. Meaning all rivens effected have been changed.

Was known since creation as well so its not like it was an unknown. 

ok, guess i missed that back then. too bad if someones build get screwed because of it though (and no, i don't think i'm one of them, but i knew a few who might be piѕѕed about the falloff in their riven stats).

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

I still highly disagree with 0.5 being the minimum Disposition. It should be more like 0.75.

All you're really doing is making a functional Riven harder to roll. It's not controlling power creep or anything else.

I agree. I mean whenever I get a shotgun riven I pray it isn’t for the Tigris. I’ve gotten a few, and literally no roll is worth replacing a base mod for because it’s riven stats are much lower than that of base mods. 

19 minutes ago, Knight_Prospekt said:

Trinity, a good Lanka, a Shattering Impact Sarpa, and practice. You'd be very surprised. *shrugs*

That shrug alone makes this reply already a joke. But yeah, with that amount of caps you for sure have done 6x3 😄

And if it's legit, show video proof of you doing 6x3 solo, I dare you.

4 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

ok, guess i missed that back then. too bad if someones build get screwed because of it though (and no, i don't think i'm one of them, but i knew a few who might be piѕѕed about the falloff in their riven stats).

Personally I look at my nerfed weapons (vectis and Arca plasmor) and just go "meh, will still work". Because they are strong enough as it stands.

1 minute ago, --Q--Sleeping said:

That shrug alone makes this reply already a joke. But yeah, with that amount of caps you for sure have done 6x3 😄

And if it's legit, show video proof of you doing 6x3 solo, I dare you.

I'll give it a swing and drop a link in here when I get off work, my guy. My times are pretty slow but I can do it.

You should only ever buy or invest time in rivens with the expectation that they will be changed according to the needs of balance.

In fact, balance in general should never be held hostage by whales. Designing a good and healthy game is more important than sunk cost fallacy.

Also, I've completed Eidolon hunts with three other random players, with none of us in meta frames, most of us not using meta weapons, where half the team quit part way through because it wasn't going fast enough for their tastes. These nerfs will affect completion times, obviously, but it's nowhere near being an actual problem if the optimal speed ends up being a little bit slower than they are currently.

2 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

they need a system that auto checks for threshold values but overall I think the changes are good (the Vulcar likely got screwed) (most of the changes only affect the maximum possible stats)
that and as a user of the angstrum it is nuts with the right stats. (you need all the reload you can get with the Prisma one)

Just now, Knight_Prospekt said:

I'll give it a swing and drop a link in here when I get off work, my guy. My times are pretty slow but I can do it.

"My times are pretty slow but i can do 6x3" those 2 don't go in the same sentence brother

RIvens dispositions are to make less popular, weaker weapons better. Everyone complaining about popular weapons getting nerfed shouldn't be surprised. Try picking up something less mainstream instead of complaining. Rivens have made me enjoy weapons I never normally pick up.

YEEES, NERF PLASMOR MORE! NERF MY TOP AKJAGARA AND RUBICO RIVENS EVEN MORE! NERF TIBERON, WHICH NOONE USES NOWDAYS. And nerf stradavar riven, rolled 50+ times at buff weekends before i could even try it. Thx.

1 minute ago, Arc2199 said:

Leaving the game sounds like a better alternative than listening to people like you who's answer to everything is "Just get over it and let them walk all over on you". Not everyone wants to live like you.

Except, you got one thing wrong here. I do not let anything walk over me. What do you expect them to do then? Buff the best guns in the game and nerf Ether Daggers and Kraken? Instead, I walk over this update (and you should too), even if the list has some of my fav weapons too written in red. We both knew they were used by everyone because of their power, just don't say you didn't see this coming, allright?

4 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Thank you DE. Breaking many of my builds of these snipers. All builds designed aound with 110% MS Rivens are broken. 

If the comprehensive rebalance of Warframe's damage system (that the game very badly needs) happens, it'll break a whole hell of a lot more than changing a few riven dispositions would. And it will still be a good thing.

Like, you're worried about 10% less multishot, but the big picture here is closer to "multishot was a mistake."

5 minutes ago, Orhott said:

RIvens dispositions are to make less popular, weaker weapons better. Everyone complaining about popular weapons getting nerfed shouldn't be surprised. Try picking up something less mainstream instead of complaining. Rivens have made me enjoy weapons I never normally pick up.

Panthera explain that one...

7 minutes ago, Orhott said:

This has always been a terrible design decision, and so it's not an excuse for anything, but rather an open demonstration of what's wrong with the way Rivens are being balanced.

Archived