April 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

7 minutes ago, Orhott said:

RIvens dispositions are to make less popular, weaker weapons better. Everyone complaining about popular weapons getting nerfed shouldn't be surprised. Try picking up something less mainstream instead of complaining. Rivens have made me enjoy weapons I never normally pick up.

This has always been a terrible design decision, and so it's not an excuse for anything, but rather an open demonstration of what's wrong with the way Rivens are being balanced.

• Like 1

These are my 2 cents - Sniper rivens do not need to be nerfed. They are used in a very specific scenario - killing eidolons, and they DO NOT enjoy popular use in normal game play. Barely anyone runs around exterminate missions or ESO or anything of the like with a Rubico or Lanka. 

Nerfing the rivens for these weapons will not do anything for the popularity of other types of weapons for Eidolon hunting - all it does is lengthen the time of eidolon hunts for those who have invested in rivens . Absolutely zero people will show up to Eidolon hunts with a Stug or Burston - they will still go with the rubico's and the lanka's. All this is serving to do is make Eidolon hunting more and more tedious; and with the low drop rate for "worth it", arcanes- inflate that part of the economy even more (1500+ plat for a full set of Energize-i bet this will now go up). 

There is nothing the player base gains from nerfing the sniper rivens ; it will not encourage people away from the meta, all it does is add more tedium and anger towards the Devs . 

I love you guys, but you must consider that maybe, the way you designed somethings like Eidolons dictates that players will only use one type of weapon, and slapping that weapon with nerfs, instead of making others better at the same task , will not encourage players to "try out new things". They will stick with what works, albeit even if it works a bit worse than before, because it's literally still the best option .

I have nothing but love and respect for this game. Please consider removing the nerf to Lanka/ Rubico /Vectis rivens. It benefits absolutely no-one in terms of player experience 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

Panthera explain that one...

Lol the panthera took a dive? Hahaha, I’ve hated that weapon since it came out. Even the weapon buffs didn’t redeem it for me. I’m surprised to see it was popular enough for a riven pip loss.

21 minutes ago, Andvarja said:

In the Equinox hotfix thread for PC DE has said it will go live for PC with a later hotfix.

Edit:  I see you saw this already, cheers 🙂

So still not live on pc, maybe for hours/days?

Guys on pc, just take advantage of the situation and start to sell your rivens for the most high price you can before they release this update to those people that doesn't know about.

21 minutes ago, Andvarja said:

In the Equinox hotfix thread for PC DE has said it will go live for PC with a later hotfix.

Edit:  I see you saw this already, cheers 🙂

So still not live on pc, maybe for hours/days?

Guys on pc, just take advantage of the situation and start to sell your rivens for the most high price you can before they release this update to those people that doesn't know about.

47 minutes ago, Knight_Prospekt said:

I'm in the minority here but I run solo 6x3. So I do.

Yes you are severally in the minority, same as me when doing 2h solo survivals. That doesn't mean its unfair to reduce the dispo because you wont be able to do 6x3, and even then with a good chroma build you still will be oneshoting the limbs.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, XaoGarrent said:

This has always been a terrible design decision, and so it's not an excuse for anything, but rather an open demonstration of what's wrong with the way Rivens are being balanced.

Kinda funny that people who should have realized that having Riven mod system itself is a lazy and bad design, should insulate themselves from the eventual "fall out" when depositions change.  That includes all the min-maxers accuring tears when they should have already realized them min-maxing things is a key contributing factor of the changing meta.

Can't have the cake and eat it too.

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

This is our first time determining disposition changes with the help of an internal ranking, to help guide dispositions closer to where we feel they should be, and to offer a solid baseline that is less subject to fluctuating player usage stats.

I'm a little concerned about this. Are any weapons that the community deems unpopular also low on the internal rankings? This sounds like it could lean towards some niche weapons that are fun with a riven being completely gutted due to its internal ranking also being low.

An example from this round of changes looks like the Angstrum. I've never, EVER, seen anyone use this gun (EVER) (I have 1500 hours spread over the past 2 years). That's because of its pitiful damage (misleading arsenal stats that actually tell you the fully charged, impact + explosion damage only) and obvious risk of self-damage. Its disposition still fell. Unless these users are only on PC, this would mean it has a lower internal ranking that's still going to bring the gun down despite how fun a riven can make it (adding Mirage for comedic multishot).

4 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

Panthera explain that one...

Don't exactly have the statistics of the use of the Panthera from the last three months, but it most likely became more popular. It's a solid weapon honestly, and with the semi-recent upgrade to beam weapons (the secondary fire counts as a beam), it's very possible it became more popular.

3 minutes ago, ThatMixedOtaku said:

These are my 2 cents - Sniper rivens do not need to be nerfed. They are used in a very specific scenario - killing eidolons, and they DO NOT enjoy popular use in normal game play. Barely anyone runs around exterminate missions or ESO or anything of the like with a Rubico or Lanka. 

Nerfing the rivens for these weapons will not do anything for the popularity of other types of weapons for Eidolon hunting - all it does is lengthen the time of eidolon hunts for those who have invested in rivens . Absolutely zero people will show up to Eidolon hunts with a Stug or Burston - they will still go with the rubico's and the lanka's. All this is serving to do is make Eidolon hunting more and more tedious; and with the low drop rate for "worth it", arcanes- inflate that part of the economy even more (1500+ plat for a full set of Energize-i bet this will now go up). 

There is nothing the player base gains from nerfing the sniper rivens ; it will not encourage people away from the meta, all it does is add more tedium and anger towards the Devs . 

I love you guys, but you must consider that maybe, the way you designed somethings like Eidolons dictates that players will only use one type of weapon, and slapping that weapon with nerfs, instead of making others better at the same task , will not encourage players to "try out new things". They will stick with what works, albeit even if it works a bit worse than before, because it's literally still the best option .

I have nothing but love and respect for this game. Please consider removing the nerf to Lanka/ Rubico /Vectis rivens. It benefits absolutely no-one in terms of player experience 

I mean, you’re not wrong. I don’t even touch the opticor for hunts anymore since the riven (and chroma) nerf.

Are there really enough eidolon hunters around outweighing the number of non eidolon hunters to make the dispositions keep dropping for all snipers? I mean, even vulkar took a hit.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Kohm Wraith plz... So u can nerf the riven what it deserves!

I mean, if I can get 100% status on the kohm wraith without a riven, i’d Gladly welcome a riven nerf for it. Then I can focus on rolling for multishot paired with other damage buffs instead of hoplessly rolling for status.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

Look at it this way; the devs spent a lot of time designing and creating weapons, only for maybe 25% of them to be used regularly. The riven system is to encourage players to pick up more of the vast arsenal they created. Strong weapons are usually overused. Besides, after a certain point, the massive damage output from some of those weapons is underutilized. What would be the point of having a god-tier weapon? It takes away the challenge, and then what's the point of playing?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gryfinn said:

It seems like a lot of people don't understand how Riven disposition is determined.

I have to admit, I am one of those people. Looking at Rubico nerf you would think it's either power or popularity. If it's popularity, Panthera, Angstrum and some other nerfs make no sense. If it's power, then Lato, Angstrum, Rattleguts (yes it's pretty drcent, but considered one of the weaker kitguns) make no sense. I have an Angstrum riven, and I like the weapon, but it's just not good enough, even with +400% damage on my riven. If anything it needed a further buff. Tried to use it, but just not worth. It needs either a bigger explosion radius, to be a truly explosive weapon, self-damage nerf, or something else to make it viable.

Also, the problem with disposition changes is that quite a few weapons are used just because the rivens make them useable and allow you to actually contribute to your team, as opposed to having to be the guy carried because you're using a bad niche weapon, which ultimately needs like 20 seconds to kill a grineer lancer at lvl 80. Hopefully DE realises this and does not nerf some of the weapons too much, because after they pass a certain threshhold for some weapons, it can make the game more frustrating for everyone, as people will be used to using those weapons, so use won't drop much, but they will be bad and you'll have to carry harder in the more difficult missions. 

That's the main problem with nerfs based on popularity - people don't like to let go of favorite weapons once they start using them (Soma good example) so nerfing does not drop usage that much, so more nerfs keep coming. It's a destructive cycle. The player base does tolerate such things to a point, but go too far and people will just leave. Not nerfing sole-ly based on usage like you did with Soma this time is a step in good direction, but the fact that it's made to sound like an exception worries me.

If I one day will log in and find my weapons, on which I speng hours making them work, suddenly don't do any more damage, cause DE decides all my hard work getting to the top tier equipment means nothing, I'll just up and leave and recommend to my friend to not bother with the game either. Because it will be the honest truth that the devs don't respect all the time you put in their game.

• Like 3

I think DE kinda screwed themselves by leaving dispositions unchanged for such a long time. Its obvious now that there's only supposed to be "good" rivens for bad weapons. but because we have had amazing rivens for amazing weapons for so long people got used to it. Now DE is trying to bring down the power levels and fix what should have been fixed ages ago, and in doing so is taking away peoples power fantasies that people paid a lot of plat for.

DE should just bite the bullet, tell people they screwed up with the rivens, and do a massive riven balance pass to get them all where they want them to be. At least that way im not going to see all my favorite rivens get worse and worse over the course of a year or 2. just rip  the bandaid off and be done with it.

• Like 8
14 minutes ago, kgptzac said:

Kinda funny that people who should have realized that having Riven mod system itself is a lazy and bad design, should insulate themselves from the eventual "fall out" when depositions change.  That includes all the min-maxers accuring tears when they should have already realized them min-maxing things is a key contributing factor of the changing meta.

Can't have the cake and eat it too.

Ah, the "blame the players because they used the flawed mechanic the devs gave them" mentality. 

• Like 1