Jump to content
[DE]Megan

Equinox Prime: Hotfix 24.5.8 + 24.5.8.1

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, K9Fenrir said:

FFS can you stop nerfing sniper rivens? 

Are they used a lot? Yes. But rather than blindly swinging the nerf hammer, have you considered asking the question of "why are they used so much" ?
Let me answer that for you: Because they're literally the only weapon usable against Eidolons, which are the only source of Arcanes. You designed a fight that is only doable in any reasonable amount of time if using a specific weapon class, and now you're nerfing that class because people are actually using it.

Way to go, DE... way to go. 

Weapon popularity has always been the deciding factor for balancing rivens. It’s why rivens were created in the first place. 

 

Do i agreee with the system? No. But it’s what we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Venatorio said:

A.) the intent was never to balance weapons across MRs. it was to address some weapons never being used at all. Weapon popularity. Not weapon utility.

 

B.) Weapons are not inconsistent, how they are used is, as it changes drastically over time. Like how snipers were nigh unusable pre-PoE. Or how bows used to be sub-par due to too-long charge times.

 

C.) Disposition is NOT based on a flat scaling, because it is based on popularity. MR has never been tied to weapon effectiveness. Ever. 

 

D.) Rivens should never be tied to MR. If they were, a new player, using a low-MR weapon gets lucky and gets a good riven. If the riven strength was tied to MR, the player would be able to blaze through A LOT more content with ease, which does little to better that player’s skill.

 

I did pay attention to your points. I simply disagree with many, and find that DE’s given statements of direction disprove others.

DE specifically said during that gun rework last year that they were balancing it more towards MR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Slush_Magic said:

DE specifically said during that gun rework last year that they were balancing it more towards MR.

Changes to the current method of riven balancing hasn’t been addressed. Those talks from DE you reference were regarding the MR levels that some weapons were set at were unrealistic. The result was the mass changes of many weapons’ MRs changing.

 

There has never been a statement from DE saying they want or intend to tie riven strength to weapon MR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Venatorio said:

Changes to the current method of riven balancing hasn’t been addressed. Those talks from DE you reference were regarding the MR levels that some weapons were set at were unrealistic. The result was the mass changes of many weapons’ MRs changing.

 

There has never been a statement from DE saying they want or intend to tie riven strength to weapon MR.

I wasn't specific, my bad, I was talking about weapons being balanced towards MR. If you need some evidence, check the Dev Workshop from 2/5/18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Increased the Liset Decoration limit by 33%

Either me or DE Megan has trouble telling the Orbiter and landing crafts apart.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Slush_Magic said:

I wasn't specific, my bad, I was talking about weapons being balanced towards MR. If you need some evidence, check the Dev Workshop from 2/5/18.

Yup. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/916505-dev-workshop-weapons-mastery-ranks-and-stats/

notice the one bullet in there that explicitly states that riven stats will not be affected.

 

id post a picture, but I suck at forums.

 

edit: they even state that weapon popularity will continue to be the deciding metric.

Edited by Venatorio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kgptzac said:

Either me or DE Megan has trouble telling the Orbiter and landing crafts apart.

Liset is love? Liset is Life???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Venatorio said:

A.) the intent was never to balance weapons across MRs. it was to address some weapons never being used at all. Weapon popularity. Not weapon utility.

 

B.) Weapons are not inconsistent, how they are used is, as it changes drastically over time. Like how snipers were nigh unusable pre-PoE. Or how bows used to be sub-par due to too-long charge times.

 

C.) Disposition is NOT based on a flat scaling, because it is based on popularity. MR has never been tied to weapon effectiveness. Ever. 

 

D.) Rivens should never be tied to MR. If they were, a new player, using a low-MR weapon gets lucky and gets a good riven. If the riven strength was tied to MR, the player would be able to blaze through A LOT more content with ease, which does little to better that player’s skill.

 

I did pay attention to your points. I simply disagree with many, and find that DE’s given statements of direction disprove others. 

A. & B. & C

D. If a new player ended up liking the Hind, for whatever crazy reason and rivens were based on the MR of the weapon

  • That player could continue to enjoy that weapon throughout their play-through.
  • That player could come back to the Hind after grinding through MR and getting a riven for it, and not feel like its a waste of a riven.
  • That player could feel like keeping all weapons is fine as they could get a riven to make those weapons viable in most cases.

Player MR has nothing to do with skill, and Warframe is primarily a casual game. However for players who've maxed out in MR, for people who have nothing but time on their hands, rivens were supposed to breath new life into old weapons. With the state that weapon balance and the riven system are currently in this is not the case.

Edited by Nox_Terminus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

A. & B. & C

D. If a new player ended up liking the Hind, for whatever crazy reason and rivens were based on the MR of the weapon

  • That player could continue to enjoy that weapon throughout their play-through.
  • That player could come back to the Hind after grinding through MR and getting a riven for it, and not feel like its a waste of a riven.
  • That player could feel like keeping all weapons is fine as they could get a riven to make those weapons viable in most cases.

Player MR has nothing to do with skill, and Warframe is primarily a casual game. However for players who've maxed out in MR, for people who have nothing but time on their hands, rivens were supposed to breath new life into old weapons. With the state that weapon balance and the riven system are currently in this is not the case.

Yes. Thank you for quoting the dev workshop that literally proves that weapon popularity is the deciding factor, as I said.

 

continuing with your hind example, doesn’t that have a max disposition? I think it does... regardless, you still CAN come back to it. But the problem here then becomes that even with the best stats it can possibly get, it isn’t good enough for endgame content. Meaning the problem with the hind isn’t in how rivens affect it, but it’s low base stats (or ridiculous enemy scaling. Same dif)

 

Now, regarding the new life stuff? Yes, I absolutely agree with you here. I wanted rivens that added weird effects like bullet ricochet, or -hitscan +homing, or turning pellet shotguns into rocket launchers. I definitely think that rivens were just a big dropped ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so, after this most recent update, the one that brought in equinox prime, I can no longer use my controller to edit certain things on my warframe. On pc obviously, when in the mod menu for your warframe, if you press rb or lb, it doesnt switch loadouts, and pressing y no longer removes mods equiped, or allow me to remove all mods.When I press y, instead it moves my cursor to the mod search menu.  I either have to remove each one manual by clicking them and putting them back in the mod selection, or switch to my keyboard. I prefer to play with an xbox controller, and this is kinda annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

This happens on warframes, and weapons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking about rivens, my most used weapons got all a riven-buff.

I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

 

Changes:

  • Increased the Liset Decoration limit by 33%.

At this point you're just enabling Reb's addiction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

Thanks for the hotfix.

Copied from last post:

-Is there a reason we're unable to use Hildryn's 2 while in Aegis Storm? It seemed to me more like a bug similar to being unable to use her 1 in the same situation. Letting us use it would make her feel more fluid.

That would give her infinite crown control, making her far too OP. She could just floaty everything and never run out of shields by constantly draining them.

It WOULD be nice if they tweaked the shield drain per enemy to be a bit lower, though. Hate having to waste mod slots on efficiency for EVERY warframe just to make their abilities practical. So many warframe mods I never use because it takes the same handfuls to make most powers not useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DE I hate you. Hate you for making me really badly wanting to spend $140. Beautiful prime pack this go around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The system is what it is" is not an excuse. It can and should be changed.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else having issues loading into Cetus? The game client froze twice already with the background music looping. Never seen this before. Had to force kill the application each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Nyx’s Mind Control significantly hindering AI's actions in many cases leading to reduced or even non-existent capability.

You mean how they would just walk up to me and stare until the control wore off?

Well thanks, if that's fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DE, Im VERY UPSET....and you better fix this quick!!! 

I just bought the "Equinox Prime Access Pack" and was ONLY given the PLATINUM...WTH!!!  I've reset, and looked through inventory, and it is not there.:angry:  When i go to the market, it says its purchased, so where are my items?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After last hotfix: Lua - capture, Corpus Agent teleports-never comes back-his red cross looks stuck under the tile in large arena with 3 control consoles not allowing teleporting to  Lotus-he dies and I failed the mission.. serious? what a "fun" gameplay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NeutuoS said:

Thanks.

Please bring quick melee back, or have an option for people to do so exclusively.

Edit: I got poked by some weirdos for wanting an option for quick melee, thanks

i second this motion

quick melee is faster in killing stuff, really great in healing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...