Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Migration cost me a Gladiator Vice

Tamatu

Just finished the bounty, was about to head for Cetus's gate but the host graciously decided to leave for some reason and the three of us were trapped in loading screen-hell, and after about 5 minutes of nothing I was thrown back to Cetus, with a "Mission Failed".

That's 20 minutes and rougly 75 plat wasted(that is the lowest price of the glad vice mod on market as of right now) just because host migration can still break games like this.

The mission log -of course- remembered the stats, but it just refuses to recognise that the bounty was already completed and rewards are still not given when you get them at each stage but when you finish, for some reason.

Host Migration should be DE's number one concern.. before releasing new frames, new content, new features.  Not having centralized servers that host the games we play causes a very unhealthy sort of videogame frustration: Any game in which players can lose -through no fault of their own- 5/10/40 minutes worth of xp, loot, and rewards (and this usually happens to me about once a day), is a game that feels flawed and unsupported. 

We don't want to be thinking "gee, I hope I actually get all the stuff I pick up and don't completely waste the next 25 minutes in this survival".  That sort of thinking leads to "gee, maybe I should play a game that doesn't waste my time"

Just to point out, for "End of Mission" rewards you can can file a Support ticket and if you can provide them with enough details about the session soon enough after the error, Support can find the mission and refund the rewards you lost to the host migration. (Though only the Rotation/End of Mission rewards, XP and enemy drops aren't able to be refunded.)

From Experience they will ask you:

• What are the **Names of the other Players** that received the item?
  • What **One Item** do you want restored?
  • **When** (date & time + your time zone) did you finish the mission?
  • **Where** (Node / Derelict / alert) did you play the mission / which Void Relic did you use?

15 hours ago, EquestrianWyvern said:

Just to point out, for "End of Mission" rewards you can can file a Support ticket and if you can provide them with enough details about the session soon enough after the error, Support can find the mission and refund the rewards you lost to the host migration. (Though only the Rotation/End of Mission rewards, XP and enemy drops aren't able to be refunded.)

From Experience they will ask you:

I attempted a ticket but it did not work out, as i had no screenshots or did not remember the names. I could only give the specific date of when it happened and the mission type, but I just got an automated message that it is not refundable.

So after the Plains remaster I joined a bounty and a spring-loaded blade dropped (Feel free to look up the plat costs and farm time on that!) because it's become the new norm for people to drop group rather than extract from open world areas. So after two host migrations me and another player got shafted yet again due this shazz of getting kicked back to Cetus and losing everything.

I don't have screen shots (Since I don't screen loot the instant it drops) and I don't know players names because they were just a bunch of randos. The best I can say is it was about roughly 9:20pm EST and I couldn't even check because you don't get the end of mission review option. I would say GG DE but this has been going on way too long and I've been screwed by this too many time. 🤬