Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox - Proposed Ability Changes

TehGrief

With the recent release of Equinox Prime in Hotfix 24.5.8 came the absence of any reworks to her abilities or mechanics. I believe there had been a lot of expectations that Equinox, while enjoyable to use, certainly has some flaws that could have been ironed out.

There have been multiple threads regarding similar requests and like-minded opinions, I will be stringing them together along with information from the wiki as I attempt to explain my thoughts about how Equinox could be improved. As I discuss the abilities I will first give a brief overview of how they currently function so that comparative analysis can be made.

[Passive] Equilibrium

Currently, the passive functions exactly like a rank-0 Equilibrium mod does:

Equinox converts 10% of health orbs into energy, or 10% of energy orbs into health.

EDIT;

Originally I had not given the passive much though, however, after some careful consideration and discussion with other members of the thread, I had an idea to make the passive more supportive for the team:

Equinox and allies convert 10% of health and energy restored from orbs into health and energy (respectively) for you and allies within 20m.

• This ability would retain it's 10% conversion (i.e; when you pick up a health orb, you receive 10% of the healing as energy).
  • If you or an ally picked up a health orb, any ally within 20m of you would receive the 2.5 energy.

By keeping the base value low but extending the effect to allies we will have effectively made the passive much stronger, as we will likely see a lot of over-lapping (i.e; you AND an ally both pick up health orbs within 20m of each other = 5 energy restored to each of you).

[1] Metamorphosis

Equinox transforms between her night or day forms (1 second). She acquires abilities exclusive to each form and gains bonuses that diminish over time.

> Currently, the ability provides the following bonuses for Equinox:

1. Night Form: Equinox gains 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 armor and 50 / 75 / 100 / 150 shields (affected by Ability Strength) for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds (affected by Ability Duration).
  2. Day Form: Equinox gains 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% weapon damage and 5% / 10% / 12% / 15% movement speed (affected by Ability Strength) for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds (affected by Ability Duration).

> Keep in mind that as of making this thread, switching between forms removes the opposite buff, therefor you can only ever have one of these active.

There have been several threads mentioning the absolute lack of fluidity (or to put it into better terms "Duality") when it comes to switching between night and day forms. Whenever you activate Metamorphosis each of your channeled abilities are deactivated and you lose all of your charges from Mend and Maim. It is often that you feel obligated to commit to your day form or night form through a mission, rather than having the freedom to switch between the two forms.

I believe that @Koed says it best in his Equinox thread :
"I always thought it was counter productive that you would lose the build up damage from her 4th. What's the point of having a shape shifting warframe if you would get punished for actually switching between forms? As it stands you feel very forced to commit to one style from the get go and stick with that."

My idea for the ability involves two main parts, the first part being how the switching occurs, and the second part introducing a new way for her [1] to function.

• Allow Equinox to maintain any active abilities or charges as she switches between forms.
  • Remove Metamorphosis as Equinox's number [1] ability and add it to her passive; by performing a roll, a sidespring, or a backspring (using shift and/or directional keys) Equinox can shift between Day and Night at no energy cost. Switching between forms no longer provides either of the bonuses.

My idea came from the much appreciated changes to Limbo's Rift Walk ability-turned-passive. Limbo was revisted in Update 20. I have included the original and reworked Limbo profile videos for reference to how he used to function versus how he currently functions. 

Spoiler

Original Limbo Profile Video

• Rift Walk is Limbo's number [2] ability. He would have to activate it to switch himself between the opposing sides of the rift, costing energy each time.

Revisited Limbo Profile Video

• Rift Walk has been removed as Limbo's number [2] ability (replaced by the far superior Stasis), Rift Walk is now a passive affect that is triggered whenever he performs a roll (costing NO energy). This change to allow Limbo to slip quickly between alternate planes smoothed out his gameplay and made him far more enjoyable to use.

With Metamorphosis being changed to a passive, we can now discuss the changes to Equinox's number [1] ability. I propose that it becomes another support ability to match the rest of her kit, while maintaining the original concepts that the ability currently holds. It would require a new name as it would have different effects based on the form you were in:

[1] Encourage & Inspire*

1. Night Form: (Encourage) Temporarily gain 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 armor and 50 / 75 / 100 / 150 shields (affected by Ability Strength) for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds (affected by Ability Duration), this ability can be used on allies to grant them the same bonuses.
  2. Day Form: (Inspire) Temporarily gain 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% weapon damage and 5% / 10% / 12% / 15% movement speed (affected by Ability Strength) for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds (affected by Ability Duration), this ability can be used on allies to grant them the same bonuses.

(*name is certainly up for debate and is only a placeholder)

> In my opinion it is important to change this ability as it is the entrance ability for the frame (the first ability you are going to get). When you first get the frame (or when you're using forma) and you're leveling you want to be able to actually contribute to the team, and as it stands, Metamorphosis currently adds very little by itself.

Finally, to tie up all the lose ends, I know that some people in the community enjoy the augment mod Duality, and I believe it could honestly just stay the same. My only suggestion might be for it to be changed to an exilus mod and remove the damage bonus for the specter.

[2] Rest & Rage

• No suggested changes for either the ability or the augment; seems to work fine. 

[3] Pacify & Provoke

• If the ability is being channeled in one form, allow the opposing ability to be activated upon form switch (i.e; if you're channeling Pacify in Night form, switching to Day form will have Provoke active).
  • Change Pacify to apply damage reduction aura to allies, instead of damage reduction to enemies - allowing for better maintenance of energy (see below);

To follow up I suggest reading into @superlumenflower's thread, Equinox Issues and Proposed Changes, as it is wonderfully written and covers additional changes that would be much welcomed to the abilities. Specifically I believe the following is very important:

"Pacify's drain should trigger on instances on damage taken, with an internal cooldown of one tick per second per ally, with its drain per tick being rebalanced to make the overall drain similar to provoke. It should also have its maximum effect over its entire radius, instead of the effect being reduced in stages the farther away from Equinox an enemy gets. Additionally, Peaceful Provocation should build the buff off of both damage done and damage taken for both forms, instead of only building off of damage done for Provoke and damage taken for Pacify. These changes would allow Pacify to be used in a more consistent and useful way on par with Provoke, and would allow for it to be maintained and built up with the same difficulty as Provoke."

> As it currently is, Pacify can often drain your energy quite significantly as it drains energy based on the number of enemies (1.5 / 1.25 / 1 / 0.5 energy/s for each enemy within the aura). @superlumenflower and I are proposing that instead of the ability reducing the damage that enemies do, instead the aura reduces the damage that allies take. To maintain the balance, we can use the same drain stats as Provoke has:

• While Pacify is active, 5 / 4.33 / 3.66 / 3 energy is drained per tick for each Warframe within the aura (with an internal cooldown of 1 second)*.

(*these numbers and mechanics are purely placeholders and are up for discussion)

[4] Mend & Maim

• If the ability is being channeled in one form, allow the opposing ability to be activated upon form switch (i.e; if you're channeling Mend in Night form, switching to Day form will have Maim active).
  • Make the charge conservation of Energy Transfer default to the ability and scale with the ability level (i.e; 50% / 65% / 80% / 100% conservation at ability level 0 / 1 / 2 / 3 respectively).

Furthermore, I encourage everyone to check out the following similar threads:

EDIT;
Added additional similar forum threads:

Edited by TehGrief
added links to similar threads, updated passive
  • Like 5

@TehGrief This is an excellent thread, and thanks for including mine as well.  My only concern is that form switching be relegated to passive as people might accidentally trigger it and then complain about it being clunky (for example I frequently bullet jump > aim glide > roll to preserve momentum and for style).  Other than that I really like the proposed changes.

To go a little further I would suggest a change to how Mend functions currently (addressed in my thread that you quoted) and possibly add something to Rage.  I like Rage as is but I do often see complaints about how Rage's speed boost makes enemies a pain to hit.  However, fast switching will allow people to combine Rest/Rage to get that damage boost and leave enemies vulnerable

• Like 1

Unfortunately instead of giving us the "keep the charge when changing forms" in the form of a baseline QoL update, we got it in the form of an Augment Mod a few months back. 

I suspect after a bit of panicking when they realized that the augment they had initially demoed on the Devstream previously was suuuuuuper broken but had promised an Equinox Augment...... resulting in a clamoring frenzy trying to figure out what they could swap it out for, ultimately settling on the QoL update people had been begging for for years. 

*insert "not like this" meme* 

1 minute ago, SixDimensions said:

My only concern is that form switching be relegated to passive as people might accidentally trigger it and then complain about it being clunky (for example I frequently bullet jump > aim glide > roll to preserve momentum and for style).

I can see the concern, however, if the other changes occur as well (i.e; abilities remaining active as you switch between night and day forms) there should be no concern, as you would simply just roll again and not lose charges or have channeled abilities deactivating. 

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Unfortunately instead of giving us the "keep the charge when changing forms" in the form of a baseline QoL update, we got it in the form of an Augment Mod a few months back. 

I think the one beauty of the "games-as-a-service" model is that it's never too late.

Changes can happen when and where they are needed; I believe (and the rest of the community seems to agree) that having it in the form of an augment is not enough. It should be default with the ability.

1 minute ago, TehGrief said:

I can see the concern, however, if the other changes occur as well (i.e; abilities remaining active as you switch between night and day forms) there should be no concern, as you would simply just roll again and not lose charges or have channeled abilities deactivating. 

That is a fair point.  So what about the duration abilities (e.g. Rest/Rage and Metamorphosis). In your proposed rework would we be able to stack them?

Just now, SixDimensions said:

That is a fair point.  So what about the duration abilities (e.g. Rest/Rage and Metamorphosis). In your proposed rework would we be able to stack them?

I honestly don't see why we wouldn't be able to stack them. The duration on both Metamorphosis and Rest & Rage is reasonable and not overpowered in my opinion.

I think having the ability to cast Rest on an enemy, switch to Rage and provide both a minor crowd-control plus damage increase would create a much more dynamic gameplay loop than what we currently have. The same can be said for casting the new proposed ability Encourage & Inspire.

You have to keep in mind that these abilities cost energy, and they are not channeled themselves, which further balances the concept of spamming them; we should not be afraid of warframes having multiple build archetypes. 

(snip)

Love everything about it.  Now if we can just change up Mend so that it isn't an emergency single burst heal that wastes so much charge that would be awesome.  And idea mentioned on another thread that I commented on would be as follows:

While active Mend builds up charge and restores shields on kill, just like current method.  When deactivated, rather than single burst it would create a heal over time similar to Oberon's Renewal but completely dependent on charge and affected by strength/duration/range in which duration will have a negative relationship with healing pulses and strength has a positive relationship with heal per pulse (e.g. low dur/high str = rapid pulses of high healing; high dur/low str = slower pulses of low healing; low dur/low str = rapid pulses of low healing; high dur/low str = slow pulses of low healing. Of course two seem better but note that high str will also drain more charge). You can also active Mend again to continue from your current charge and focus on shields.

Thoughts? (I'm adamant that Mend as is needs some QoL)

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, SixDimensions said:

If we can just change up Mend so that it isn't an emergency single burst heal that wastes so much charge that would be awesome.  And idea mentioned on another thread that I commented on would be as follows:

While active Mend builds up charge and restores shields on kill, just like current method.  When deactivated, rather than single burst it would create a heal over time similar to Oberon's Renewal but completely dependent on charge and affected by strength/duration/range in which duration will have a negative relationship with healing pulses and strength has a positive relationship with heal per pulse (e.g. low dur/high str = rapid pulses of high healing; high dur/low str = slower pulses of low healing; low dur/low str = rapid pulses of low healing; high dur/low str = slow pulses of low healing. Of course two seem better but note that high str will also drain more charge). You can also active Mend again to continue from your current charge and focus on shields.

Thoughts?

While I am of similar mind to the feeling of being incredibly wasteful when you're activating a large charge of Mend, I also look at the concept of larger squad play.

Remember that Mend splits the healing between all allied units within the aura, so your charges are evenly distributed.

For example, let's say that you're;
> running a squad of four people, each of those people has a companion, then you're running specters and etc. 
Have 20k charges for Mend.

Now, when you activate that ability you're equally splitting the health/shields between everyone. See below:

• 20,000 / (4 warframes + 4 companions + 4 specters) = ~1700 health and shields / ally

While originally your 20k charges for mend seemed quite large, if you're running in a squad with a Hildryn or Inaros, you're barely scratching the surface. 

It certainly becomes a lot more wasteful when you're at 100k-300k charges, but I believe the concept of the ability is to be activated more frequently (before getting to such absurd numbers).

I do agree that it would be nice to have a change, but a better question would be how could you change this ability? It's a slippery slope.

I am content with how it functions. 

EDIT;

Keep in mind as well, that while Mend is active, it is restoring shields to your allies.

Edited by TehGrief
Additional Points

8 minutes ago, TehGrief said:

(snip)

I agree with your assessment but I feel my mentioned fix above addresses that.  While some warframes in squad play can be more greedy than others and yes specters are a thing, planning for specific configurations isn't a good way to build an ability.  While it Mend is to be used more frequently it's still a highly reactive ability (meaning either spam it constantly in hopes your working or attempt to use it to the fullest at just the right moment).  The proposed change could still split the charge evenly but retain the excess so you don't have to spam it or rebuild from zero every time you use it.  This would also mean you don't have to choose firing your whole charge on Mend or Maim.

However, I feel we have fundamentally different views on how it should function so we'll have to agree to disagree on that haha.  That said, I appreciate the feedback and exchange, as well as the honorable mention in your very well thought out post!  Glad to see people on the forums who don't viscerally react to opposing views and turn an open discussion into mud slinging 😄

13 minutes ago, SixDimensions said:

The proposed change could still split the charge evenly but retain the excess so you don't have to spam it or rebuild from zero every time you use it.  This would also mean you don't have to choose firing your whole charge on Mend or Maim.

However, I feel we have fundamentally different views on how it should function so we'll have to agree to disagree on that haha.  That said, I appreciate the feedback and exchange, as well as the honorable mention in your very well thought out post!  Glad to see people on the forums who don't viscerally react to opposing views and turn an open discussion into mud slinging 😄

Perhaps I did not make myself clear; I do honestly believe it is a good idea. If they were able to rework the ability to only use what was needed and retain some of the charge that would be really nice!

However, I just think from a programming standpoint this would be a little more difficult to achieve than the other proposed changes. Not to say that it couldn't be done with enough time though.

As for the mention; it's my pleasure. I've only recently started using the forums and sifting through some of the content can be painful at times (I think everyone can agree with that). It's important to me that well-written and important threads do not get lost in the leaf pile; compiling a "mega-thread-esque" post makes getting to those older posts a little nicer.

Edited by TehGrief

Some sort of equinox qol update. I kinda just brainstormed some concepts out onto a sticky note and didn't feel like editing so pardon the mess.

Doubling down on duality gameplay. Light form focus on buffing ally damage while dishing it out, moderately tanky. Dark form in stark contrast debuffs enemies and heals allies

1. Passive becomes the bonuses from the first ability(Lasts until form swap)

2. First ability functionally the same, maybe doubles(PS?) passive bonuses for a duration after activation(affected by duration)

3. Second ability reinforces theme well. Light increases damage dealt to a group, while dark removes the threat of enemies.

4. Third ability is a bit tricky. Rather than a set it and forget it(until you run out of energy) I'm thinking of a more duration based buff and debuff. Only problem is if night form can remove enemy threat with second ability then damage reduction becomes unnecessary but the idea is that equinox cloaks(broken by attacking to avoid unhealthy duration stacking) and affects enemies in an area in some way; While light form is more of a rallying call that buffs squad power strength and applies passive to teammates(partially?)

5. Fourth ability revised to trim the clunk and grant powerful, immediate, utility. Third ability no longer being a channel means that equinox players can better gauge when their spending energy, therefore the fourth ability being a channel is fine. Light and dark form function almost the same as before except theres no more "deactivate to actually use your ult" Light will mark all enemies in the zone around equinox, killing a marked enemy will maim enemies for a small portion of the killed enemy's health as a slash DoT, this would create more of a team synergy whereas before if an ally killed an enemy affected by maim it would just add to the buffer and only benefit equinox when she detonates. Dark form would stay true to the original with the only difference being that killed enemies will add a percentage of their max health to a buffered AoE heal; Falling below full health will drain from the buffer instantly. Buffer needs to be capped for balance reasons, not too high as to grant team immortality, and not to low as to be too mediocre. Augment would most likely have to be changed for balance(Dark grants overshields or limited damage reduction on cast, and light strips % of armor on cast?)

Edited by xKobronicx

This is a remarkably thorough and well-written thread, congratulations on making it! I also agree with the broad lines of what's suggested here: in order to be a true form-changer, Equinox needs to be able to switch forms without any restrictions, and shouldn't be constantly wasting her abilities by deactivating them and losing charge with each transition. Currently, she loses way too much to comfortably switch forms, which is why Equinox players often leave her in a single form for most of the time, sometimes the entire mission.

There's perhaps more I'd like to add, as I think there is also a deeper problem of Equinox's "gameplay" being mostly radial auras, which I don't think really contribute to gameplay or interaction, but I think what the OP suggested is basic and solid enough that most players should be able to agree on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

This is a remarkably thorough and well-written thread, congratulations on making it!

I think there is also a deeper problem of Equinox's "gameplay" being mostly radial auras, which I don't think really contribute to gameplay or interaction.

Thank you very much, I appreciate the feedback.

I would have to disagree with her "aura"-style gameplay being an issue; I really enjoy the concept of an "auramancer" or "enchanter" support character. I've always enjoyed the character archetype that lacks damage abilities but has buffs and debuffs in their kit; if anything, I'd love to see another character that acts similar.

Though, that is truly just my opinion and I could see how others would disagree with the playstyle.

It occurs to me that I completely forgot to mention that her current passive sucks.  2 health/energy per orb pickup is pitiful.  It should be at least the full amount or comparable to Equilibrium mod

That or I would say make the passive make more sense, like so: Day form gets a scaled down version of Energy Conversion mod and Night form gets a scaled down version of Health Conversion mod.

Or if you're feeling really crazy, all three! 10 health/energy per orb pickup and health/energy conversion (scaled down for balancing) per form

Edited by SixDimensions
Additional response after first section

3 hours ago, SixDimensions said:

It occurs to me that I completely forgot to mention that her current passive sucks.  2 health/energy per orb pickup is pitiful.  It should be at least the full amount or comparable to Equilibrium mod

That or I would say make the passive make more sense, like so: Day form gets a scaled down version of Energy Conversion mod and Night form gets a scaled down version of Health Conversion mod.

After giving it some more thought, I've come to a reasonable conclusion for the passive ability changes. 

I have looked further into alternative solutions and decided that her passive should be updated to provide support to her teammates (not just herself). My idea came mostly from the mechanics of both Arcane Energize and Arcane Pulse.

The passive ability could be changed to act as follows:

[Passive] Equilibrium

Equinox and allies convert 10% of health and energy restored from orbs into health and energy (respectively) for you and allies within 20m.

• This ability would retain it's 10% conversion (i.e; when you pick up a health orb, you receive 10% of the healing as energy).
  • If you or an ally picked up a health orb, any ally within 20m of you would receive the 2.5 energy.

By keeping the base value low but extending the effect to allies we will have effectively made the passive much stronger, as we will likely see a lot of over-lapping (i.e; you AND an ally both pick up health orbs within 20m of each other = 5 energy restored to each of you).

I hope I wrote this coherently enough... I am not too sure if I explained it in a way that it will be fully understood. 

EDIT;
I will be updating the main post to include this idea.

Edited by TehGrief
Added footnote

(snip)

I think I get what you're working at.  Essentially keep the values low, but it applies to all allies within the 20m range so the effects essentially stack.  Not a bad compromise. I would still like the values to be a bit higher, or some version of the Conversion mods worked in, but that's just me being greedy at this point 😄

3 minutes ago, SixDimensions said:

I think I get what you're working at.  Essentially keep the values low, but it applies to all allies within the 20m range so the effects essentially stack.  Not a bad compromise. I would still like the values to be a bit higher, or some version of the Conversion mods worked in, but that's just me being greedy at this point 😄

There is no harm in being hopeful.

I just never like to put concrete numbers, and only like offering suggestions; I think if the change would occur, internal testing would be the best place to determine if 10% is fine or if it should be boosted to 40% as you had suggested in one of your prior comments. 

9 hours ago, TehGrief said:

I would have to disagree with her "aura"-style gameplay being an issue; I really enjoy the concept of an "auramancer" or "enchanter" support character. I've always enjoyed the character archetype that lacks damage abilities but has buffs and debuffs in their kit; if anything, I'd love to see another character that acts similar.

Not entirely relevant to the main point, but I agree with the idea here: I too think the idea of a frame who modifies the environment, and indirectly empowers their allies or weakens their opponents, is a good one. However, I think the problem with Equinox is precisely that she does, in fact, have a damage ability, and is in fact one of the more decent nuke frames simply because of her Maim. Dealing radial true damage to everyone around her isn't particularly interactive in and of itself, and her other auras aren't especially interesting (they're basically just stat boosts). In this respect, if Equinox could genuinely apply mass modifiers to enemies that'd open up novel and interesting gameplay, I'd be much more interested (she could be the perfect opportunity to have some more progressive sleep aura, for example), but as it stands her auras boil down to stat changes and radial Slash procs, neither of which I think really get to the fantasy of the auramancer.

A lot of people have good and different ideas and they all share the desire for one thing:

LET US KEEP BUFFS/CASTS/CHARGES WHEN WE METAMORPHOSIS.

Seems like such a simple thing to add that would benefit this warframe sooo much. Can we have this one thing?

Le 03/04/2019 à 18:03, TehGrief a dit :

[3] Pacify & Provoke

[...]

> As it currently is, Pacify can often drain your energy quite significantly as it drains energy based on the number of enemies (1.5 / 1.25 / 1 / 0.5 energy/s for each enemy within the aura). @superlumenflower and I are proposing that instead of the ability reducing the damage that enemies do, instead the aura reduces the damage that allies take. To maintain the balance, we can use the same drain stats as Provoke has:

• While Pacify is active, 5 / 4.33 / 3.66 / 3 energy is drained per tick for each Warframe within the aura (with an internal cooldown of 1 second)*.

Remember that it's not a channeled ability but an active aura, not stopping any energy regeneration, making it's drain irrelevant in most of the case.

People keep asking for qol and abilities buff there and there, but forget that this ulti is certainly one on the most broken spell in the game, having a  stacking over a unvariable %max health of killed foes in range.

It needs to be nerfed in a simple way : make the  [%max health conversion stack] being affected by power strenght.

[Passive] Equilibrium

[1] Metamorphosis

My take on those would be much simplier : Make the passive keep 50% of the total buff from Metamorphosis, after the end of the duration and for as long as you stay in the said form, and also share it with teammates in affinity range. Done 🙂

As an equinox player i love your ideas.

On 2019-04-03 at 6:03 PM, TehGrief said:

Remove Metamorphosis as Equinox's number [1] ability and add it to her passive; by performing a roll, a sidespring, or a backspring (using shift and/or directional keys) Equinox can shift between Day and Night at no energy cost. Switching between forms no longer provides either of the bonuses.

Its ok but you will be punished after rolling. Example: You are playing ESO and runing Maim build. After rolling from the enemy form will switch and will just annoy player. I would suggest to add kind of 5th ability. You will have to press a key "~" for example and it will switch forms at small energy cost (as i said kind of 5th ability). The rest  of your ideas are great.

1 hour ago, xBZYKUx said:

Its ok but you will be punished after rolling. Example: You are playing ESO and runing Maim build. After rolling from the enemy form will switch and will just annoy player. I would suggest to add kind of 5th ability. You will have to press a key "~" for example and it will switch forms at small energy cost (as i said kind of 5th ability). The rest  of your ideas are great.

You'd hardly be punished at all - simply roll again and you're right back to using maim. Remember that these proposed changes include carrying over charges.

EDIT;

Remember that another one of the core concepts here is to walk away from the conventional "I've built a Maim build" and move towards "I play Equinox - utilizing each and every part of her kit".

Edited by TehGrief
Adding additional points.

50 minutes ago, TehGrief said:

You'd hardly be punished at all - simply roll again and you're right back to using maim.

Well. Its mostly about annoying than punishing. 

51 minutes ago, TehGrief said:

Remember that another one of the core concepts here is to walk away from the conventional "I've built a Maim build" and move towards "I play Equinox - utilizing each and every part of her kit".

I dont like Maim build, Dance Macabre build etc. I mostly use all of warframe's abilities. That was just an example.