Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MBaldelli

Goodbye to Warframe

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Magicfingers said:

i'll never understand why people feel the need to post these "i'm quitting warframe" threads. nobody cares!!! if you're gonna quit the game, just quit the game. do they really think that if they quit the game and make a post about it, it's gonna make everyone else quit the game?

I agree with OP and I've quit! Also, the game lost its fun a while ago with DE piling grind upon grind.

I still read the forums and make the occasional comment but that's it. I do, however, agree that me quitting is of no consequence although now, DE will no longer get any of of my hard earned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I long gave up on DE's promises and play Warframe at a bare minimum just because the gameplay is engaging enough to not feel completely stupid. If actual new games I found worth playing came I probably would be the same as OP, except I wouldn't have came to the Forum to talk about it. Right now most games are just trash in the rut anyway.

Anyway, goodbye OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 9 Stunden schrieb InfestDylan:

This sounds very angry and more like a personal attack on DE. It reminds me of how I feel about blizzard but a bit more emotional.

Activision secretly takes over.. i dont think the Blizzard we loved exists anymore - but that is another topic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see what the op says and his effort to point out what is wrong. This is a feedback all in all and it needs to be handed as a feedback. The game is always changing and not every part is likely for us but we still play. I still play the game but I am that kind who not bothers what I do not like and just focusing on what the game can offer as fun. You can vote with your wallet or giving feedback in hope someday it will change in the good direction. Basically this is an impossible quest because there is many directions and ways to the game can develop and not every step will be likely ( like the removal of quick melee ) but the game is evolving. This game was beta for one year but it is constantly changing, evolving so it will be forever beta in terms. They already re re re reworked the game in many part to fit the actual standards but they still keep the hard grind because it is their business policy. Also Leyou wants back some money for owning them so we cannot expect less but more grind coming along.

Always sad to see playmates leaving the game and despite we never played together I can respect the loyality and how long the OP stayed despite the game is can be boredeom in tthe first 1 hour. Those who feel this they just leave instant but whom hooked up for so long is sees the game differently.

We talk about a lot of the game potential but many times this potential losing or decreasing hence the devs try to make the game fun but profitable. I know developing a game is hard and I just started with the simpliest forms of it but I can confirm it is impossible to bug free and make a game balanced because the balance is temporal. The other fact is you cannot make a game what everyone likes it is impossible. In a game lifetime it can be totally unchanged and follow a way or changing many times to get and lose players. 

I wish the OP good luck in the next step and hope he will come back someday when the game changed in a better way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teshin_Dax said:

Activision secretly takes over.. i dont think the Blizzard we loved exists anymore - but that is another topic

That blizzard sadly long ago gone and it's last bastilles also left without protect the remaining souls.

No king rule forever my son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, (XB1)Tornicade said:

This is odd.. Sheldon refers to players as hobbyist...he also refers to railjack as Warframe 4. Also ...your lower expectations from a f2p to a sub game is your own.. It is a business model that bring in revenue via impulse purchases. you just justify being treated like crap however you want . Doesnt mean people should take..i dont agree with the op but i can certainly emphasize one bad experience with help desk bringing everything else he dont like to the forefront

How is being a hobbyist bad, or calling Railjack WF 4? I dont see how either has anything to do with any of my points. And it isnt about being treated like S#&$, it is about having very high expectations from support. I mean we've had several threads where people say support is bad because they havent been answered within the first 24h. Such speed commodities mostly only apply in sub based games. Especially when we get into the millions of active users that WF has.

WoW has actually been the only game I've experienced extremely fast support response times and solutions when it comes to games with millions of players. The second game where I've had support solutions within minutes even was Marvel Heroes, but when you have 2k concurrent users it is easier to keep it up vs having hundreds of thousands of concurrent users. You simply cant have support people on standby for a f2p or b2p game like you can for a sub based one. You always know how many expected players you have in a sub based game and they all pay for that service monthly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all the primes warframe should be free and not with real money what a rip off people what money from anther people so very right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sucks that things have gotten bad enough to get you to completely quit. Its always sad when a game loses a player like this, no matter how known, or unknown, they may be. But I totally understand how you feel.

I recently took almost a year off of Warframe. Mostly because of the massive content drought that was 2018, with a bit of burnout from almost five years of nearly uninterrupted playing mixed in. While I was away, I managed to catch up on several other games I had been putting off. And it all made me realize just how many problems Warframe has accrued at this point. I had forgotten what it was like to play a game that felt finished, was completed, that had a well though out and executed plan from beginning to end. Even Destiny 2, with all its problems, still felt like more of a proper game than the inconsistent pile of experiments Warframe has become. Hek, even a couple of the literally unfinished early access games I played feel more whole than Warframe.

This is the problem with DE choosing to continue one game for so long, instead of breaking it up into sequels. The main strength of sequels is that they act as a giant reset button. They give the Devs a chance to fix their mistakes, remove the broken parts, and build a new foundation, instead of simply having to pile more stuff on top of what they've got and hope for the best. DE has built a house into a skyscraper, even though the foundation is crumbling away underneath, and they haven't given themselves a good way to fix it. So they just keep going upwards, hoping for the best.

I have seen other F2P devs make many of the same kinds of mistakes. Most notably, my previous favorite F2P game: Hawken (RIP). The Hawken team had plenty of extremely talented artists. The graphics, world, lore, music, etc were all amazing. But they were also clearly lacking in the actual game design department. They simply had no idea how to make all their pretty mechs actually fun to play with. Combined with overselling the whole idea from the beginning, and they basically dug their own grave on day one, and then spent the rest of the time desperately trying to climb out of it. And in the end, they failed, and the game is gone.

Even though they had a much better start than Hawken did, and they don't have the constant threat of paying off hungry investors, DE seems to be heading more and more in that same direction now. Letting too many little problems build up until they become near catastrophes. Trying new things that nobody asked for. Failing to deliver on what they did ask for. Etc. And even though the style, and story, of Warframe is still great, and if anything is getting better, that alone will not be enough to save it in the end.

But, for now, I am still here. Even with Nightwave doing its best to irritate me into leaving, I have not quite given up yet. Though, with Borderlands 3 on the horizon, we shall see just how long that lasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Stunden schrieb QueenB76:

all the primes warframe should be free and not with real money what a rip off people what money from anther people so very right

that's non-sense. Everything can be obtained for free in warframe - even platinum. That's not an issue at all. 

Improve your knowledge about the warframe market and the trading system + prices



And maybe improve your english.. to understand this game and this topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think threads like this are born when individual's fall for a capitalistic product and treat it like it is their friend.... No game is your friend, nor should you consider it as such. Stopping playing a game should never be a momentous moment, but just like putting a favored toy away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-04-04 at 2:37 AM, MBaldelli said:
There have been several mitigating factors for this decision that I would like to put to pixels that caused me to make this decision.
  1. DE's head in the sand attitude to the ever present Moderator Abuses that have been present for at least 4 years.
  2. DE's lack of adult attitudes toward any sort of criticisms thrown at them from partners and in recent events resorting to ad hominems and bullying tactics by using the player base to attack such criticisms.  This is something I would expect from a Russian company like Gaijin Entertainment, not from a Canadian company like DE. 

Some resonable points about power creep ( though presented in a laughably hyperbolic fashion), but this right here?

This makes me assume the community has lost nothing of value here. Bye. This is a largely manufactured outrage over something you can do on a Chan board but has no place in the vocbulary of normal people.

Also just lol at people then bringing up the old NPC meme, also from Chan talk. Welcome to the stochastic pipeline of reactionary rightwardness, I hope you guys get yourselves out of it before you sink down to its inevitable end-point.

But seriously, this topic needs to be closed. Nothing good can come of it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-04-04 at 11:04 PM, (XB1)Tornicade said:

-Snip-

Except that DE refers to WF as to be in constant beta. And how does beta have anything to do with "hobbyist"? What was that even about if you were simply claiming WF isnt in beta?

You are right it doesnt require any of those things just because you are a f2p. The screenshot of whatever support convo OP is having is also piss poor. It really shows nothing of what the issue was, except that it looks like he sent some feedback to support (what!?). It doesnt look like it is an actual issue he wants solved by the looks of it, just that he tries to tell their support how to do their job? A better screenshot would have helped alot. All I get from it is something about plat and circumvention, not a very helpful screenie.

Also, what the hell does SO have to do with support? I can see the chatbot, but still that is a stretch because the chatban is likely shorter than the actual process of reviewing the true/false outcome of the report. Chatbot issues belong in bug reports of the forums, where the actual bugfixers and programmers may read it.

Support is for restoration of missing items, plats in the void and account issues in general that they can actually fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-04-03 at 7:59 PM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Not that I disagree with most of your post but I find this humorous.  The shear volume of stuff a new player to mid level player has to farm is overwhelming.  

Lets say HYPOTHETICALLY you just want to do your daily tasks and sign out - no missions for fun, no relics, etc.  What do we have: Sorties, now nightwave, syndicate missions, little duck, eudico, konzu, the quills - that alone is hours of play time EVERY DAY if you kill as fast is possible. 

Now add to that other events be it anniversary stuff, the opticor vandal, ghouls, whatever.

Now add to that if you actually want to farm a few ducats, or some prime junk, or whatever.

Power creep is not a problem when the content (grind) creep outpaces it.  

Lets now add on an ESO or Arby a day to farm for those mods, or the ephemera or what have you... 30 minutes each for a single run.

Bite sized game play my a$$. 

Much of the above perhaps don't apply to those of us that already have every frame & weapon, all the mods etc - but we aren't the only players (although we often post like we're the only ones that matter).

And one other point re: killing to fast - you can bet your butt if I need to run some boring mission 100 times to get that 1% drop chance, i want to run it as fast as possible and get on with my life.

 

The whole argument about time played = value for money is a flawed ad hoc narrative. Meaningful play time is far better than long repetitive artificial time sinks. What basically the whole Open World Parts of the game are terribly designed from a mission completion/progression system. As a new player the reward vs effort/time ratio isn't there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really overall happy where the direction of the game is heading.  De and  most of the community are ok with dps being domimant as leaving cc frames to die in the dust. It angers me so much because most people don't see this is killing warframe variation. I miss the days of seeing a Trinity more often in my parties. Or warframe having a coop feel. I'm in the minoirty when I say this but playing some sole dps frames gets really, REALLY boring. It's heart breaking seeing some people bring in cc frames they enjoy only to be bullied and make fun of by the  aggressive dps players. When back then that was hardly the issue. If there was another game that played and feeled like warframe but unlike that turd that was anthem. Fixed all of the key issues of warframe's gameplay. I would leave and never come back. At least until de wakes up and start fixing things. They can keep telling me they'll get to warframe reworks. But this game  has been out for 6 years now. Action speaks louder than words. Until I see changes coming. Everything they announced is noise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Except that DE refers to WF as to be in constant beta. And how does beta have anything to do with "hobbyist"? What was that even about if you were simply claiming WF isnt in beta?

You are right it doesnt require any of those things just because you are a f2p. The screenshot of whatever support convo OP is having is also piss poor. It really shows nothing of what the issue was, except that it looks like he sent some feedback to support (what!?). It doesnt look like it is an actual issue he wants solved by the looks of it, just that he tries to tell their support how to do their job? A better screenshot would have helped alot. All I get from it is something about plat and circumvention, not a very helpful screenie.

Also, what the hell does SO have to do with support? I can see the chatbot, but still that is a stretch because the chatban is likely shorter than the actual process of reviewing the true/false outcome of the report. Chatbot issues belong in bug reports of the forums, where the actual bugfixers and programmers may read it.

Support is for restoration of missing items, plats in the void and account issues in general that they can actually fix.

Sheldon the producer isnt DE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-04-03 at 7:37 PM, MBaldelli said:

We've all heard it sometime in our lives -- either personally or seen in movies and television -- the infamous break up line that invariably starts with the sentence, "We're done.  I want nothing more to do with you.  No it's not you, it's me…"  Except in this instance, it's all you, DE.  So all you armchair analysts, talking heads and anyone that doesn't like the thought of an opinion contrary to yours have at it…  Tear this apart to your heart's content with the illusion that you've done your good deed for defending the product that is Warframe.  I'll already be gone. 

Hard to imagine I had been with the game for almost six years.  That in human terms is usually a long-term relationship without marriage.  Hell, in my case it was longer than the last psycho-ex I had been living with that practically destroyed who I was.  But I digress, we're not here to sit on a couch and discuss my personal life. 

There have been several mitigating factors for this decision that I would like to put to pixels that caused me to make this decision.

  1. DE's head in the sand attitude to the ever present Moderator Abuses that have been present for at least 4 years.
  2. DE's lack of adult attitudes toward any sort of criticisms thrown at them from partners and in recent events resorting to ad hominems and bullying tactics by using the player base to attack such criticisms.  This is something I would expect from a Russian company like Gaijin Entertainment, not from a Canadian company like DE. 
  3. DE's attempt to put the genie back into the bottle for the power creep that has been ignored and approved by DE for years.  And pussyfooting around with it, given the change of how they simply removed things 6 years ago when it was simply to OP.  (Yeah, I still have hard feelings for the original OP Snipetron blueprint removed from my inventory with a note in the update about it and later replaced by a watered down version of the sniper). 
  4. What I would like to call the JJ Abrams' approach to entertaining content:  adding a whole lot of flash, yet leaving a whole lot of clapped out, broken and half-worked content littered on the floor of the game. 
  5. DE's (not so) recent habit of unfulfilled promises (there's evidence in the second link, I don't feel like pointing to the time stamp) and not listening to the player base.  Quite the change when I joined the game 6 years ago and they were listening too much to the player base back then.
  6. The complete and utter bureaucracy of DE's Help Desk to solving a problem that should have from the Helpdesk to DE and not some sort of demented run around and completely failing the point of "One Stop Shop".  As shown here (names removed to avoid shaming). 

Looking at this laundry you'd think I was talking about a Triple A Developer (we know the names, no need to beat that dead horse again) that has released yet another lackluster and poorly designed game, and certainly not an Indie company.  But I'm beginning to wonder whether the partnership  might in fact be a bigger contributing factor than I realized, given I've had some experience with them and Cryptic and look how those games have turned out.   

I think what I find the most surprising is that in this current world climate, politicians and executives seem more than willing to fall on their sword and commit career suicide and resign from a position of authority that has demonstrated a complete lack of social vigilance.  Yet in this situation, nothing has been done about the issue -- either from the source of the problem that caused it (yeah, no names mentioned because I don't need an unprecedented amount of bullying from a company or the gaggle of players to the game) let alone from the company that has allowed this situation to propagate as long as it has. 

As an activist and a lobbyist, this is the sort of thing that would be causing quite a bit of boycotting and shield clattering to get the problem fixed; but I think the reason why this isn't happening has to do with the fact that people work on the illusion that the developer listens to the player base and has made them a darling in their eyes.  That and the fact that until it affects a greater whole of the player base, it can certainly be swept under the rug, can't it? 

Low and behold sweeping things under the rug seems to be the modus operandi in this environment.  I mean it's been more than a month since this moderator abuse has been seriously thrust into the light (having been going on for more than 4 years) and all we've seen from DE has been something akin to lock-stepping in twitter attempting to bully and shame the messenger instead of handling the situation contained in the message.

It's coming up on a month for the melee changes have hit and nothing has been done about any of the suggestions given to DE (again, it feels like if it's ignored people will blithely accept the game making decisions for us instead of making it so that we make those decisions).

Then there's the Vauban, Atlas, Wukong reworks that have been hinted at and promised only to be forgotten or swept under the rug. 

Or my personal favorite, a 10 week experiment in the new alert system (q.v., Nightwave) that is nothing more than a Skinner Box for veterans to see whether they'll continue to use it and not geared for the very people that should have been tested with…  Again, no improvements there either, they were all ignored because it's a 10-week experiment and players often forget when shown a shiny they covet (Umbra Forma). 

The simple fact is, this feels like a shell game…  bright and shiny things added to the game, all the while things already existing in the game, ignored, forgotten, thrown to the island of misfit toys, just to appease the public from starting a lynch mob against the game and the developers for the shallowness of the overall gaming experience. 

DE and Warframe, you try to come off as the well-meaning sod in a relationship, always promising something better in the future yet nothing seems to be working quite right in the present.  All the while never exactly fulfilling any of your promises because the code's getting to the saturation point of needing more fixes than new material. 

There's a list is out there..  I'm tired of adding to it and drawing attention to it.  All because I've learned, I'm a no one that's spent no more than $300 in the game.  I missed the opportunity to being a Founder because at the time I was unemployed (not that it matters really, it's been proven DE doesn't even listen to their founders or the design council anymore).   I am not some famous name that will draw attention to your game.  I'm just a player that's simply been here almost 6 years slogging out what little I can to assist an uncaring developer with their head in the sand living off the love of a blindly faithful player base that see this as a darling. 

So in closing, this is a break up with you DE and Warframe.  And in case you wonder why this relationship isn't working -- it's all you. 

I don't think the situation is quite so gloomy myself, but I would agree there are some VERY serious problems with the customer interaction and sporadic problems with listening to players in general. Fetch was a great triumph for DE finally listening to players... but if they do go ahead with removing Itzal's speed, it will be one step forward, one step back. The plains remaster in general is pretty good, but Nightwave is very bumpy. And all of it can be solved by DE trying harder to listen to players and give them what they want, instead of what DE THINKS they want, or should want.

 

You make some very good points, but I don't think giving up is the answer. If anything, I'd like to see more people like you continually voicing your views until, like Fetch, what needs to happen finally happens.

 

Best wishes, hope you stay around or come back some day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, (XB1)Tornicade said:

Sheldon the producer isnt DE?

I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make.

DE as a whole have stated that WF is in constant beta. They've still used nicknames for several part of the game, like WF2 for PoE etc. Nicknames doesnt change that WF is and will probably always stay in a beta state, where massive changes are being made time and time again.

I'm still curious about your very odd "hobbyist" comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make.

DE as a whole have stated that WF is in constant beta. They've still used nicknames for several part of the game, like WF2 for PoE etc. Nicknames doesnt change that WF is and will probably always stay in a beta state, where massive changes are being made time and time again.

I'm still curious about your very odd "hobbyist" comment.

Sheldon doesnt consider Warframe a beta and he refers to the playerbase as hobbyist.. Your argument is with the producer but the game isnt beta.it makes Money and they have no plans to let the game get outdate.  Sheldon is openly competing with the sub games..massive changes are inherent in any mmorpg..once again you dont like how Sheldon views WF...take it up with him. As a 20 year vet playing mmorpgs this game is not a 6 year beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)Tornicade said:

Sheldon doesnt consider Warframe a beta and he refers to the playerbase as hobbyist.. Your argument is with the producer but the game isnt beta.it makes Money and they have no plans to let the game get outdate.  Sheldon is openly competing with the sub games..massive changes are inherent in any mmorpg..once again you dont like how Sheldon views WF...take it up with him. As a 20 year vet playing mmorpgs this game is not a 6 year beta

There is nothing to "take up with him". It has been an ongoing argument and label for over 6 years that WF is in a constant beta state. I dont think it really classifies as a beta myself, because to me beta is the period after alpha and up to 1.0 when a game or product is "feature complete". WF is a unique case because they havent had an actual 1.0 release, just update after update.

And I'm still not getting the "hobbyist" thing. Is that something bad? Gaming is a hobby, we play games, we are hobbyists. Or do you think we are professional gamers?

Also what does MMOs have to do with anything? WF isnt an MMO, never was, never will be. It is an optional multiplayer co-op game. It has next to zero structure incommon with an MMO. It is about as MMO as PoE or Diablo 3. I'm also a 20 year mmo vet, atleast I can tell the difference by now, I assumed you would too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

There is nothing to "take up with him". It has been an ongoing argument and label for over 6 years that WF is in a constant beta state. I dont think it really classifies as a beta myself, because to me beta is the period after alpha and up to 1.0 when a game or product is "feature complete". WF is a unique case because they havent had an actual 1.0 release, just update after update.

And I'm still not getting the "hobbyist" thing. Is that something bad? Gaming is a hobby, we play games, we are hobbyists. Or do you think we are professional gamers?

Also what does MMOs have to do with anything? WF isnt an MMO, never was, never will be. It is an optional multiplayer co-op game. It has next to zero structure incommon with an MMO. It is about as MMO as PoE or Diablo 3. I'm also a 20 year mmo vet, atleast I can tell the difference by now, I assumed you would too.

Warframe is an mmorpg tenno...has been since cetus was put in.  Your not getting what i said cause i said one thing you didnt like so you decided to attack everything. If you dont understand what a hobbyist is and why the would expect quality i am not gonna explain it to someone who is just word parsing... they arent putting numbers on the releases becaus the expansions arent addons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, (XB1)Tornicade said:

Warframe is an mmorpg tenno...has been since cetus was put in.  Your not getting what i said cause i said one thing you didnt like so you decided to attack everything. If you dont understand what a hobbyist is and why the would expect quality i am not gonna explain it to someone who is just word parsing... they arent putting numbers on the releases becaus the expansions arent addons. 

Cetus has nothing to do with it being mmo or not. There is no more MMO with Cetus than there is with any other hub. I dont think you quite get what an MMO actually is, even though you say you've played them for 20 years. It has to do with the core design, how severs are set up and how they allow the massivley large communities to interact with eachother within the game world. To seamlessly be able to play with others in sporadic encounters across the game world without the need to form groups or host games on their own.

None of that applies to WF. We have the hubs that are shared, everything else is up to the players to host groups or full blown "dedicated" servers in the case of conclave. If this was an MMO we would be able to just run out into PoE or OV and encounter players doing all different kinds of things without anyone being needed to host anything, nor would we be forced into groups when doing so. WF doesnt even fall into the "shared world" category, the thing that sits somewhere between regular multiplayer games and MMOs with games such as Secret World Legends and now lately Anthem (and likely also Destiny and Div1 and 2.).

And DE do put numbers on releases, there just hasnt been an actual 1.0 or official release besides the initial early access. I'm not the one saying it is beta, DE are. I'm also not sure where you get the idea from that I defend poor quality or trying to say we arent hobbyists. We all are no matter what we play or do in out spare time. I used to be a hobbyist regarding several things, from PnP rpgs, tabletop wargames like WH/40k/BB/Necromunda/Gorkamorka, painter/model painter/builder, music collector, movie collector etc. I've expected quality in it all.

He could have called us games aswell because the same thing would apply, a need for quality in several different aspect. There is a reason why I'm about to quit BDO again after an already 3 year long break, because the game lacks any sense of quality as a game and something to spend hours of your life on. Same poor performance as 3 years ago, same poor servers, same poor desync issues, same poor progression (even slightly worse) etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion is: if the game had stayed the same since day 1 you would be complaining it was stale. The simple fact of the matter is: Every single change is not what EVERY player wants. They run a company that a lot of diverse people partake in, so they really need to be sure they’re doing it for the good of the game and not for the players that complain the loudest. Yeah, there are definitely some bugs that need working, but I like the nightwave personally. At least you get better chances at rewards than alerts ever gave you. As far as a company goes, they do better at listening than some, and I can appreciate the efforts in trying to accommodate, because realistically... they just don’t have to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-04-03 at 7:37 PM, MBaldelli said:

DE's head in the sand attitude to the ever present Moderator Abuses that have been present for at least 4 years.

This was recently addressed, IIRC, by having chat moderation outsourced to a professional company.

On 2019-04-03 at 7:37 PM, MBaldelli said:

DE's lack of adult attitudes toward any sort of criticisms thrown at them from partners and in recent events resorting to ad hominems and bullying tactics by using the player base to attack such criticisms.  This is something I would expect from a Russian company like Gaijin Entertainment, not from a Canadian company like DE. 

I had expected to be linked to the incident, or evidence of the incident. Instead, it links to a wiki page about Ad Hominems. I know what Ad Hominem is, but I'm not going to take your word at face value with claims like these. What event are you talking about, and where can I find evidence?

On 2019-04-03 at 7:37 PM, MBaldelli said:

DE's attempt to put the genie back into the bottle for the power creep that has been ignored and approved by DE for years.  And pussyfooting around with it, given the change of how they simply removed things 6 years ago when it was simply to OP.  (Yeah, I still have hard feelings for the original OP Snipetron blueprint removed from my inventory with a note in the update about it and later replaced by a watered down version of the sniper). 

Balance in a PvE oriented game is not all that relevant. We're seeing slight power creep here and there, but so far, we don't have any massively overblown weapons, and powers have generally been toned down. The only thing that is relevant in PvE balance is that we don't have one player wiping out everything, leaving nothing for other players to tackle, and they're very active in tuning that down. (R.I.P. Ember)

On 2019-04-03 at 7:37 PM, MBaldelli said:

What I would like to call the JJ Abrams' approach to entertaining content:  adding a whole lot of flash, yet leaving a whole lot of clapped out, broken and half-worked content littered on the floor of the game. 

This is definitely one of DE's biggest flaws, but we're seeing improvements to this here and there. Beam weapon upgrades brought a lot of them to viability, Rivens were a (failed) attempt at bringing underused weapons into the limelight, and we're now seeing new augments for old weapons. There's still tons of work to be done, but I think the team is aware of this problem, but is struggling to balance working on this issue with working on new content, which is needed to keep player attention.

On 2019-04-03 at 7:37 PM, MBaldelli said:

DE's (not so) recent habit of unfulfilled promises and not listening to the player base.  Quite the change when I joined the game 6 years ago and they were listening too much to the player base back then.

Not every promise can always be fulfilled. Sometimes they get fulfilled differently. The ticker style credit roll is in the game in relays. And in regards to not listening to the playerbase: I highly disagree with you on that. DE is the single most responsive dev team I've ever seen, as loads of changes people ask for actually get put through to the game. Garuda's 4, when initially showcased, received quite a lot of criticism, and was reworked before her release to a much better ability. And didn't Titania's/Nyx' rework get changed as well? This doesn't happen in most other games, which won't address anything that isn't causing an insurmountable drop in player affinity or count.

On 2019-04-03 at 7:37 PM, MBaldelli said:

The complete and utter bureaucracy of DE's Help Desk to solving a problem that should have from the Helpdesk to DE and not some sort of demented run around and completely failing the point of "One Stop Shop".  As shown here (names removed to avoid shaming). 

I've never had to use the help desk, so I wouldn't know about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Cetus has nothing to do with it being mmo or not. There is no more MMO with Cetus than there is with any other hub. I dont think you quite get what an MMO actually is, even though you say you've played them for 20 years. It has to do with the core design, how severs are set up and how they allow the massivley large communities to interact with eachother within the game world. To seamlessly be able to play with others in sporadic encounters across the game world without the need to form groups or host games on their own.

None of that applies to WF. We have the hubs that are shared, everything else is up to the players to host groups or full blown "dedicated" servers in the case of conclave. If this was an MMO we would be able to just run out into PoE or OV and encounter players doing all different kinds of things without anyone being needed to host anything, nor would we be forced into groups when doing so. WF doesnt even fall into the "shared world" category, the thing that sits somewhere between regular multiplayer games and MMOs with games such as Secret World Legends and now lately Anthem (and likely also Destiny and Div1 and 2.).

And DE do put numbers on releases, there just hasnt been an actual 1.0 or official release besides the initial early access. I'm not the one saying it is beta, DE are. I'm also not sure where you get the idea from that I defend poor quality or trying to say we arent hobbyists. We all are no matter what we play or do in out spare time. I used to be a hobbyist regarding several things, from PnP rpgs, tabletop wargames like WH/40k/BB/Necromunda/Gorkamorka, painter/model painter/builder, music collector, movie collector etc. I've expected quality in it all.

He could have called us games aswell because the same thing would apply, a need for quality in several different aspect. There is a reason why I'm about to quit BDO again after an already 3 year long break, because the game lacks any sense of quality as a game and something to spend hours of your life on. Same poor performance as 3 years ago, same poor servers, same poor desync issues, same poor progression (even slightly worse) etc.

For al intents and purposes this game is not a beta and calling it a beta to ignore it flaws is just silly rubbish..your just debating semantics. Massive multiplayer online role playing game...game is massive...50 million registered user ...1 million plus online multiple times last sever....yes thats right ...online...role playing...we play the role of a tenno .theres lore ..game...of course its a game.

Its a mmorpg plain and simple. No matter how you want to rant about what type of mmorpg it is.

I did not refer to railjack as warframe 4.0. The game producer did. I did not call the playerbase hobbyist .. The producer did..even the producer says he has never seen so much content be produced without an expansion. Aka dlc.

The point is we play this game.we invest money in this game and should have expexctations and express what we like or dislike about this game. Especially opts to stop playing said mmorpg.

The op mentioned help desk which i strongly feel is not up to par..you may disagree..i dont care... What I do know is that if noone points out how they are treating their customers then they might lose customers..whether its intentional or an accident. Only de can decide to improve it and they already have the resources in place to address most of the issues i personnaly have.

As a hobbyist if my rc car quits running properly and i take it to shop..if the clerk looks at my problem and shows some empathy. I am more likely to continue to use that shop regardless what happens to the rc car. Especially if they take steps besides threatening to remove me from store to address the issue in some form or fashion

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-04-06 at 8:53 PM, (XB1)Tornicade said:

Is it free ? Do you think this game would be still around if people werent spending money on it? Lol it has 80 dollar dlc's. 

Alternating caps usually implies sarcasm or mockery. That person you replied to was probably just mocking the people who respond to similar feedback posts with “it’s a free game so stop complaining” excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...