Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goodbye to Warframe

MBaldelli

19 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Thanks for proving that you have no grasp of the concept that is MMO. Lots of games have millions of players online, it still doesnt make them MMOs. No one is arguing if this is an RPG, I'm saying it isnt an MMO, which it isnt and not even near one for that matter. You really need to read up on the concept of MMOs. As I said previously, calling WF an MMO is like calling PoE and D3 MMOs even though none of the 3 are.

Just the fact that this game is pure Peer-to-Peer or hosted through dedicated servers by the players takes it out of the MMO equation completely. D3 is closer to an MMO than WF because Blizzard actually hosts all player to player interaction on their servers. In WF everything is hosted by players, even when we play solo. You get tossed into a game where you are the host, the only server interaction provided by DE are the hubs and after mission reward calculations and account progress updates that are a result of that. That is not a game with an MMO structure.

Your RC shop comparison is also faulty, because they demand pay for everything you need done, unless you've payed for an insurance i.e the equal thing to a sub in such a comparison. Just buying the car there i.e like spending a one time sum in a game will not provide you with free future lifetime services. And since this game is free to begin with, support is what it is to account for that, to give everyone equal attention. Unless of course you want a sudden freemium model where those that pay have a shorter or no support line at all. And OP's screenshots are still vague as S#&$ and doesnt tell much of what actually happened.

Also, again, I'm not the one calling WF a beta, DE are, except for one member of their team at one point.

edit: Another thing that makes this game not fall into the MMO category is because there is no persistant world. Everything is an instance that ends and dies when the host leaves, it doesnt live on and continue as new people come and go as they please during the day.

Say it with me...massive multiplayer online. Means exactly what i said and the context I said . 

Now your attacking my comparison by interjecting conditions that you manufactured...

Ill keep using the term mmo the correct way and you keep rolling your eyes cause you wanna make the term a subtype when it is an archetype.

Once again. Your not going to convince me to expect lower quality from warframe than other games of its ilk. The games they acknowledge as competition. Especially when it is within their resources to do so.

There is nothing else to say the rest of your words are quibbling over semantic bs i have no interest in 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Tornicade said:

Say it with me...massive multiplayer online. Means exactly what i said and the context I said . 

Now your attacking my comparison by interjecting conditions that you manufactured...

Ill keep using the term mmo the correct way and you keep rolling your eyes cause you wanna make the term a subtype when it is an archetype.

Once again. Your not going to convince me to expect lower quality from warframe than other games of its ilk. The games they acknowledge as competition. Especially when it is within their resources to do so.

There is nothing else to say the rest of your words are quibbling over semantic bs i have no interest in 

Those arent manufactured conditions, those are common known parts of what makes a game an MMO. Battlefield, CoD and so on arent considered MMOs, they also have massive amounts of players playing at the same time across the world. That isnt what makes an MMO an MMO though. Just as previously mentioned, it doesnt make PoE or D3 MMOs either. PoE being the currently most similar game set up as WF with fairly equal concurrent players etc. Heck PoE and D3 have their own dedicated servers for everyone playing at any given time, but they still dont fall into the MMO genre because they lack everything that has to do with it. There is a reason why people wonder if the next real Diablo will be an MMO.

On 2019-04-03 at 3:37 PM, MBaldelli said:

We've all heard it sometime in our lives -- either personally or seen in movies and television -- the infamous break up line that invariably starts with the sentence, "We're done.  I want nothing more to do with you.  No it's not you, it's me…"  Except in this instance, it's all you, DE.  So all you armchair analysts, talking heads and anyone that doesn't like the thought of an opinion contrary to yours have at it…  Tear this apart to your heart's content with the illusion that you've done your good deed for defending the product that is Warframe.  I'll already be gone. 

Hard to imagine I had been with the game for almost six years.  That in human terms is usually a long-term relationship without marriage.  Hell, in my case it was longer than the last psycho-ex I had been living with that practically destroyed who I was.  But I digress, we're not here to sit on a couch and discuss my personal life. 

[...]

So in closing, this is a break up with you DE and Warframe.  And in case you wonder why this relationship isn't working -- it's all you. 

Clearly you took all of this way too seriously. You brought this upon yourself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Those arent manufactured conditions, those are common known parts of what makes a game an MMO. Battlefield, CoD and so on arent considered MMOs, they also have massive amounts of players playing at the same time across the world. That isnt what makes an MMO an MMO though. Just as previously mentioned, it doesnt make PoE or D3 MMOs either. PoE being the currently most similar game set up as WF with fairly equal concurrent players etc. Heck PoE and D3 have their own dedicated servers for everyone playing at any given time, but they still dont fall into the MMO genre because they lack everything that has to do with it. There is a reason why people wonder if the next real Diablo will be an MMO.

Manufactured condition is your dismissal of my hobby shop example....another dis honest response where you take one thing i said and apply it to whatever you want. Not related in any context..

Warframe is an mmo..............is it eq, wow  .... No it doesnt need to  be. It has 2 open world zones , multiple open world ship for trading..etc. It is also discussed and reviewed by mmo websites. 

13 hours ago, (XB1)Tornicade said:

Warframe is an mmo..............is it eq, wow  .... No it doesnt need to  be. It has 2 open world zones , multiple open world ship for trading..etc. It is also discussed and reviewed by mmo websites. 

No it isnt. You are basing your view of what makes an MMO on things that arent related to the label MMO but to the letters following it that describes the sub-genre within that specific genre. Open worlds and trading doesnt make it an MMO because those things belong in several games. Again, PoE and D3 arent and never were MMOs, yet both have trading and/or public hubs. D3 even had an AH.

And there are also game out there that do not pass of as MMOs anymore because they've changed their structure. Secret World Legends is on of them i.e the remake of The Secret World MMO. The devs moved away from the term in the remake because it no longer fit the criteria, it is now labeled as a shared world game because the limits on players per server instance within the game world is simply too high, so the interaction between players is too low for what can be expected in an MMO. Anthem have also decided to not go by the MMO label, because it also follows the same design path as SWL, with high restrictions on play numbers per instanced world server.

Other games follow the same megaserver setup but allow far higher numbers to interact per server instance, making them actual MMOs. Games like GW2, BDO, ESO, WoW etc. are good examples where you can see the difference. WF doesnt even get near the setup of a shared world game, because everything is instanced and private. You cant just go into a zone with other players without finding a group etc. And no, hubs do not count.

Plus, MMO websites are nothign to go by, they have some of the worst journalists out there.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-03 at 2:55 PM, peterc3 said:

This is a game, right? This isn't a relationship.

This is where he'd always be disappointed, treating a game like a relationship. Yes, we love to throw the word around on any form of contact that doesn't end immediately but, one needs to know the difference deep down.

To the OP:

Honestly, I think anyone should be sick of a game after playing it for SIX YEARS. Your goodbye should come LONG before this. I can't related to any of your point but I'm glad you've penned it down in a civil manner.

Also, whenever you THINK it's all the other party's fault and not yours, it's always, believe it or not, your fault. I've seen this way too many times in life. (Including your "crazy" ex-gf.)

Edited by (NSW)Lunavay

58 minutes ago, (NSW)Lunavay said:

Also, whenever you THINK it's all the other party's fault and not yours, it's always, believe it or not, your fault. I've seen this way too many times in life. (Including your "crazy" ex-gf.)

This may come as a shock to you, but people can in fact be slighted, and be aware of it, and be innocent of wrongdoing themselves.

Something I find rather interesting is that the most disillusioned players here are the early ones - founders included.

On 2019-04-03 at 11:18 PM, InfestDylan said:

This sounds very angry and more like a personal attack on DE. It reminds me of how I feel about blizzard but a bit more emotional.

That's not anger, that's despair. I've had both with regards to this game:

Vitriolic hatred when they lied about their reasons for releasing T4 void keys (drop table dilution is explicitly an artificial problem, don't you dare lie about dilution when you still infect void keys with worthless trash like orokin cells and fusion cores), also with the very concept of nitain (I do not have the words to express how disgustingly arrogant it is that they dictated to the players that they should drop whatever it is that they're doing at any moment in order to make progress) and the whole Hema disaster (again: burning hatred, I will have absolutely nothing to do with it and actually left my old clan because some idiot was grinding his arse off to finish it).

Despair when it comes to the current state of melee (there were huge glaring flaws at release which would have been immediately obvious to anyone who plays the game and which were pointed out earlier before it was even released, these were promptly ignored and continue to be ignored while DE hope that the problem will go away on its own - no, it won't, it gets shoved in me face every time I swing my Lesion) and their general approach to throwing blatantly untested garbage at us (one example: sanctuary onslaught, took my standard sortie-busting loki into it, couldn't actually complete the mission because the life support timer dropped too fast - this would have been noticed IMMEDIATELY had they even tried to test it once. I flat out refused to have anything to do with it).

On 2019-04-06 at 11:36 AM, SneakyErvin said:

DE as a whole have stated that WF is in constant beta. They've still used nicknames for several part of the game, like WF2 for PoE etc. Nicknames doesnt change that WF is and will probably always stay in a beta state, where massive changes are being made time and time again.

They call it beta, I just wish that they had beta testers. So, so, SO MANY bugs, balance issues and general problems would have been strangled in their cribs had they bothered to actually test their releases before throwing them at us.

On 2019-04-08 at 3:38 PM, SneakyErvin said:

To expand on this, there's a very direct comparison to be made here with respect to "normal" vs. MMO: Battlefield and Planetside. Both are class-based first person shooters with vehicles. Battlefield is something like 32 players maximum for each of two opposing forces in maps that are at most a kilometre across. Planetside has 3 factions, with hundreds (plural) of simultaneous players per faction which can be grouped into squads of 12 or platoons of 48 on continents which are ~8-10 kilometres (I forget the exact size) across. You can encounter each and every one of these players in full gameplay without having to change server or instance. Multiple platoons from each side can be fighting over control of a single base (beware, 96+ players per side can bring your computer to its knees). The former is multiplayer, the latter is massive multiplayer.