Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stradavar prime, the bullet hose with precision.Edit:Disregard, undocumented rifle ammo buff conflated with new gun.

Deadoon

Further testing: After the original post I did a few more tests and came to realize the Stradavar does not have a special passive. All rifles now get 60 ammo per box apparently.I aknowledge my mistake in this. The reason I thought this was a special thing was the supra vandal for a time had 60 ammo pickups, while all other rifles got 20 ammo. After testing I found that all of my rifles now pick up 60, even with an unmodded frame, no companion, and unmodded gun(inaros with only an argonak in one test, capture target took like 30 bullets). This undocumented buff to rifle ammo makes many of the more wasteful weapons viable again, even if they aren't as efficient as higher tier guns.

Original Post:At a glance I thought the Stradavar was going to just be a weak but fun gun. Full auto was a bit anemic compared to semi, how does 30 damage per shot with a highrate compete with the Tiberon primes full auto even? Semi auto seemed really slow and people said it used two ammo as well, like it was a worse Latron prime with punchthrough, right? It is almost like a very weak rendition of several nearby guns, one of which does it's job even better just a few mr higher.

I can gladly say I was quite wrong. What changes this is how it's ammo supply works. It snags my favorite passive, even if the gun it was on isn't my favorite for several reasons, the supra vandal's 60 ammo pickups. You are expected to expend a lot of ammo with this thing. Reasonably fast reloads with a large magazine, you will be dumping mag after mag into groups of enemies.

The original Stradavar's semi auto eclipsed the full auto significantly, the prime is a bit more gray. Full auto will work quite well against most opponents, spraying them down without much of a care, but it isn't as ammo efficient nor has the utility of punch through. Semi auto has precision, higher power, utility and consistency on it's side, it's nearly a laser pointer in accuracy, has the ability to deal with heavy units without much expenditure, deals with hiding enemies and conga lines with ease, and has a higher crit chance giving you more constant flow of crits.

In terms of ammo economy the Stradavar has a significant advantage because it gets triple rifle ammo boxes. It would be akin to a 90/120 damage per normal ammo full/semi auto rifle with critical focus, and either high rate of fire or punch through. It's not going to be winning any awards for damage, dps, or even ammo effeciency(except maybe in the full auto rifle category), but it is in a good place.

Edited by Deadoon
Retested.